Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 645041 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6390 on: July 24, 2024, 07:49:32 PM »

How's the "old" Dodge a purring ?

Would as my aged old Jumbo would say Mopar just asking ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmeQxiaypP8 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 08:42:51 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6391 on: July 25, 2024, 12:55:22 AM »

Phyl, thanks for nature video... it wonderful to see Newman with a possible new mate. I pray the owl is gone... glad Jim's car is all spic n span!

Lisa, love Puff's pic

{{{Puff}}} great pic!  ;D

Kb, sweet big bro helping little sis.... glad no one was injured after whale lands on boat. How scary.

{{{Baz}}} 7 hours sleep sounds lovely... no Otis, Holly or Popeye sighting yet.... there is a bear called Sarah that has arrived to Brooks Fall, she's older than Otis. I'll find her pic.

Tsk, Birthday greetings for Barb.  Have a nice dinner with Barb.

Tig, YAY pool time!  :)

Clynn, beautiful morning posts... Younger osprey is doing well... beautiful state Park.

BL, great song.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6392 on: July 25, 2024, 06:15:38 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, love your good night pic! So sweet! Mike will be home today! When does Aly head back to Medford?  Thank you for the Bear Study, Jewel 15 years old! And we were with her when she had her first cubs, Fern & Herbie in 2012! Lots of salmon fishing at Brooks Falls!

Phyl, good day with the Munchkins! Four more Wednesdays until school starts! Talon in 4th grade, Bella in 1st! Rosie stayed home with Mom!

tsk, hope you had a good dinner for Barb's birthday! You haven't seen the usual amount of Monarchs, I haven't seen the usual amount of Cardinals here. Whatever it is it can't be good.

baz, glad to hear you were able to catch up on your sleep! Love the saying in your picture 'A grateful person is rich in contentment. An ungrateful person suffers in the poverty of endless discontentment.' So true!  And a beautiful landscape as well! When I picked the Munchkins up yesterday morning Rosie was outside with them. She was all wet on the tummy and paws from hopping around in the wet grass! So darn cute!

Puff, I think the picture of you is great!  Loved seeing pics of oldguy, Lisa and you!

Hellgate - so close to the edge... Iris watching intently!  Barb Peterson Herrera

Discover the incredible beauty of the Avenue of the Giants in California, USA 🇺🇸. This iconic road winds through the heart of Humboldt Redwoods State Park, surrounded by towering ancient redwoods that create a majestic canopy overhead.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6393 on: July 25, 2024, 06:44:47 AM »

BL  You must be a magnet for bad weather.  Amazing  :-\ ???

LANI   How cute is that - Puppy " put to bed"  ;D ;D.   Enjoy your last day(s) with Aly.  Such a nice break for you both.

CLYNN   I think Snoopy was the best cartoon ever written.  God bless Charles Schultz.  Your house gets transformed at munchkin time.  Were S&S hiding?
Cardinal pair we have and just love it when they sing.     Talk about humbling.  That road among the redwoods is beautiful.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6394 on: July 25, 2024, 07:09:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - Pretty butterfly in your morning pic. How was your dinner out for Barb's bday?

clynn - Fun time at Grandma's!  Are the munchkins ready for school?  I would love to drive and see the Avenue of the Giants.

Lani - Thanks  :)  When does Aly leave to head back?

tig - Glad you got your bills figured out. 

Puff, karen, kb and all - Morning  :)

Puff

« Reply #6395 on: July 25, 2024, 07:44:18 AM »

What I'm thinking about this morning is . . .  If y'all would come to AFT your could meet all of us eagle fans in person.  OG, Lisa, Amy, John, Sandy, Glog, Linda, all the group is really a fun up-close-and-personal fun group.  (Sorry I'm short some names - these would be the ones I saw the day I left.)  I'm guessing about 60 still there on Sunday morning.  Quite a few had opted for the Sunday buffet on the boat on the Mississippi at that time.  Only ones who were missing were the nesters (eaglets).  They left out early for training to be eagles this year.   

I think more of the bench sitters should put ATF on their to-do calendar for 2025 - July 17.  Be there or be square!  Ooops, I think I just dated myself.

P

« Last Edit: July 25, 2024, 07:48:20 AM by Puff »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6396 on: July 25, 2024, 07:52:16 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...

Currently: 74F partly  cloudy , High  84F  partly sunny,  with  Low 73F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

I felt nostalgic about the teen music and dance shows of my childhood When all us kids where
in school

Lani your 'Good Night' awwww; Newman & U09 talons crossed. Hope Aly has
a safe return

BL tks for the Kris Kristofferson

Tsk  pretty butterfly this AM/size]

CLynn Munchkins look happy  and a fun day had by all--- S and S in hiding or napping

Going to ATF---maybe one day Puff. All sounds like some fun.

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore loosing husband / father on July13, 2024 .Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2024, 07:54:13 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6397 on: July 25, 2024, 07:53:33 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6398 on: July 25, 2024, 08:04:19 AM »

CLynn Been to Humboldt as a child in Cali---those are awesome redwoods. And, 'the wisdom' of Peanuts and Charles Schultz. ;)

Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2024-07-25-chamois
https://www.nature365.tv

Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #6399 on: July 25, 2024, 09:06:46 AM »

Morning all...

Recovery for me is so slow I am having Andrew come mow my steep back hill, he said yeah...

Was watching a clip of mid air re-fueling of airplanes this am....so asked google when did that start?

Was shocked to read first was in 1923....I don't recall watching any historical movies of them showing that.
Even in WW2 apparently.

Curiosity got the best of me I guess.

Lani

« Reply #6400 on: July 25, 2024, 10:30:12 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...

I felt nostalgic about the teen music and dance shows of my childhood When all us kids where
in school[/size]

OMG! My absolute favorite teen memories!!!  ;D :-* 8)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6401 on: July 25, 2024, 10:46:57 AM »

Royal Albatross update

Weigh day update

Top Flat chick is 182 days old and weighs 9 kg at 9.59 am. Last week’s weight was 8.8kg. He has been fed several times by LGL and LGK has been in twice since then.

TF taking a nap  :-*
https://x.com/i/status/1811340224812945767

https://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/albatrosses/royal-albatross-toroa/royal-cam/track-the-chicks-weight/

Top Flat Track chick is 174 days old and weighs 10.5 kg at 10.57 am. His last weight 2 weeks ago, was 10 kg. WYL and BOK continue to feed their chick regularly.

Around 4:30pm TF relocated to the left of TFT. Then went walkabout a few hours after that and is now halfway down the hill.
Here’s the boys as soon as the night vision switched off

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Hi Beakers,
This is Aly's last day with us. She's leaving mid-day tomorrow.
Mike returns home this afternoon and Shannon is coming here for dinner to see her sister before she leaves.
Have a lovely day and I'll catch up with you all later tonight.
 :-*

« Last Edit: July 25, 2024, 11:44:58 AM by Lani »

Lani

« Reply #6402 on: July 25, 2024, 11:17:35 AM »

Anan Wildlife Observatory Lower Falls and Caves
Tongass National Forest, Wrangell, Alaska

Live cam
https://explore.org/livecams/tongass-national-forest/anan-black-bear-camera-2

Anan Wildlife Observatory in the Tongass National Forest hosts one of the largest pink salmon runs in Southeast Alaska. Anan is a world class bear viewing site with the distinction of being one of the few places in the world where both black and brown bears fish in close proximity. It was established on the lands of the traditional summer fish camps of the Stikine Tlingit and was unique because the large number of salmon made it possible to have several clans sharing one fish camp. The Forest Service has maintained a trail there as part of the Anan Creek Public Service Recreation Site, which included two wildlife observation shelters, starting as early as 1942. The abundance of salmon attracts large concentrations of black bears,bald eagles, harbor seals, and a number of brown bears. All this activity makes for exciting viewing.

The Bears of Anan
https://media.explore.org/documents/the-bears-of-anan-id-book-2023-not-all-bears-are-represented-or-named-1721691301532-0.pdf

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6403 on: July 25, 2024, 02:24:31 PM »

LISA  Great dinner - All took home doggie bags except me - a delicious whitefish - easy to eat  LOL

PHYL  Getting us back to our teeny bop years  ;) ;)   Those cliffs are not made for any chamois with a handicap!  We used to pronounce chamois  " shamee"  LOLOL

LANI    the royals are looking more adult all the time.   Enjoy your family meal together.  They don't happen too much any more  ;) ;)
What was on the menu?   Anan bears - do they have a live cam?

Went to a new outdoor "sculpture" exhibit at Morton Arboretum this AM
Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6404 on: July 25, 2024, 02:26:50 PM »

most of sculpture series " Into the Earth" are from wood materials from the Arboretum

Size perspective on 2nd pic
Chicagoland