Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545637 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6376 on: July 24, 2024, 08:37:03 AM »

GSB cam is finally back up and look what's going on...

Good to see a barge, and the peregrine pair are around, too.

STL says ---Looks like Newman in cliff and U-90 on the ledge

Cam ops got closeups this morning of U-09 with readable bands so we know it is she.  Pretty sure it's Newman, also.

And.....STL snapped this one...

Newman in nest box and U-90 on camera.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #6377 on: July 24, 2024, 08:41:26 AM »

Hey, thanks Lisa I do believe that's the only solo shot ever posted in forum.  Hair does look white - I always thought it was more of a grey/ash. (Didn't even give it a blow style that morning.)  Would have been a more interesting capture to have more of the hotrod.    8)

Hugs  Puff

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6378 on: July 24, 2024, 11:46:30 AM »

Bearstudy - Bears Are Busting Out All Over - UPDATE July 10, 2024
https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4916-bears-are-busting-out-all-over-update-july-10-2024.html

19-year-old Ursula

15-year-old Jewel

Jewel's cub  :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6379 on: July 24, 2024, 12:23:12 PM »

KB  Saw that on the news yesterday!!  Who knew that whale would be lurking..  Take care today.

PHYL  Crazy blue morning.   Honest person who hit Jim's car, thankfully.

LANI   No word on Otis yet?   Good report on the Bears.  :D

PUFF   That is a great photo of you!!!
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6380 on: July 24, 2024, 12:49:28 PM »

https://x.com/i/status/1816099619786404184

This so reminds me of my twin brother......RIP Randy.....

Course he took it a bit too far when I later learned in high school no one could come near me or he'd punch them out ;)

karengramke

« Reply #6381 on: July 24, 2024, 12:54:41 PM »

Puff, there was a solo short on the forum of Lisa and one of Old Guy!   Think you all represented  the Beak in style!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6382 on: July 24, 2024, 02:21:34 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!

I got 7 whole hours of sleep last night. Ahhh... Like Zzzzzz's from Heaven.

Lani, thanks for the pics of the busy bears at Brooks Falls, and the Black Bear Study pics, too. I love seeing them all, and the news of cubs, too. I hope there's some promising news of Otis soon. Glad Aly can work from your home this week and enjoy a nice long visit. Hope Mike's business trip is going well, and he will be home soon!

Clynn, thanks for all the nature and nest pics. The osprey kids are doing great! Love the pics of Rosie, the new puppy, and Bella is putting lots of loving hugs on her!  :)  Rome is checking wee little Rosie out, and deciphering "what the heck is that?!?" LOL.

Phyl, I face-planted into my pillow last night - no injuries. LOL! I'm glad Jim's repaired car looks all new again. Thanks for the GSB cam shots. I'm not sure if that is supposed to be U-90, or U-09, since I see both references. But glad to see Newman has company. Newman is looking very handsome - great to see him still there.  :-*

Karen, maybe I missed it - did you get your haircut yet? That's great that you found your previous stylist!

TSK, sounds like you've been getting some good rain for your gardens. What's the status of your Monarch eggs and caterpillars? Have they all emerged from their cocoons yet and been able to be released? Are you tagging them before release this year?

Lisa, thanks for sharing your photos of people, places, and critters from around Decorah, and of many of the ATF attendees. Your photo of Puff before she left is a great shot, exactly the way you captured it! Thanks for sharing!  :)

Waving to All! Have a great day!

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #6383 on: July 24, 2024, 03:09:02 PM »

Phyl - So sorry to hear about Jim's car.  That was very nice of the lady to leaveall her info, not many people would do that!  Good luck at eye exams.  Great pics of Newman and U/09.

karen - Thanks  :)  It has been really humid here today, as it has sprinkled on and off all day, so far.

Puff - I got the back-end of the hot rod in there, kinda.  ;D  I wouldn't say your hair is gray, its a pretty shade of white gray hair.

Lani - Thanks for the bear study update. 

tsk - Fingers crossed Otis shows up!

kb - Awww

baz - Thank you, and glad you got some rest.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6384 on: July 24, 2024, 03:52:03 PM »

some bounce

two days of a full hour in the pool has helped loosen my back/hips. Yay.
I spent 3 hours releasing the netting from service berries and then pruning my neighbor's overhanging bush and our raspberries.

Then, it was bill paying time. Long story short... Excel goofed and sent two separate bills for electric and gas. It all got figured out. Phew.

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6385 on: July 24, 2024, 04:24:17 PM »

KB   Awwww  cute

BAZI  So important a good night's sleep is to functioning the next day. Glad you got a good one.  I only tagged one year - Had only about 6 or 7 as I remember so didn't think it was worth the cost but fun to do and easy.   This year is terrible.  I have released only 6 monarchs ( I have 1 in chrysalis to make 7) and I go looking for eggs every other day.  Gets old when you don't find any.  I see a few monarchs crazily flitting around but do not land on leaves - males?     The Mexico migrating monarchs should be hatching in late August or early to mid sept.  I'm running out of time.   Think I found an egg today - very tiny.  We shall see.

TIG   There is a gal in our shawl group who is up every AM 5:30 and goes swimming.  She loves it!!  Comes home and walks her dog for an hour.  She has all kinds of new energy.  Muscles and joints all feel so much better

Out to dinner for Barb's birthday tonight  ;D
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #6386 on: July 24, 2024, 05:01:34 PM »

Puff, there was a solo short on the forum of Lisa and one of Old Guy!   Think you all represented  the Beak in style!

Without eagles to look at we've become stand-ins for the animal personal touch.   :-*

P

Phyl

« Reply #6387 on: July 24, 2024, 07:01:50 PM »

CLynn How was Munchkin Day? Did Bella bring Miss Rosie?

Lani many tks for the Bear Study Report, the 'girls' look lovely. Jewel's cub looks so cute.

TSK yes she very honest and her insurer was great and covered every thing incl the rental; 'Happy Birthday' Barb---hope the dinner is
great; here's to a successful Monarch 'hatch'. Pls. update w/snaps. Tks

Baz our lady Peregrine is tagged  U-09

Tig
glad you got some pool laps in and you're all loosened up and comfortable

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6388 on: July 24, 2024, 07:11:57 PM »

Good Night Everyone... sleep well.   

Sauces bald eagle cam

BrokenLug

« Reply #6389 on: July 24, 2024, 07:43:15 PM »

OLDGUY  Torrential rains right now. Most of the radar had it moving north of us.  Will check the gauge in the AM  Miri and Maru swing car-pooling.  So cute   Just Googled Prairie Farms in my zip code and supposedly Walmart sells it here.

Got none by me here last night tsk.  Let's see what happens with today's forecast.   ::)

BTW  Saw the news/the count of tornedos yesterday.  27  from the second event - total over 30 - still investigating reports. . .they're saying the worst ever single storm?

P

Puff hopefully that record of tornadoes in a single day (07/15/24) for the Chicago CWA stands for a long time. 

Any rated tornado even unknown can really make for a bad day if your abode falls in it's direct path.     

A Cat 4 Hurricane nearly wiped me off the face off the map.
A FL Keys home "carpet" 18' up on very solid piers.  24' above MSL.
A fully charged electric chainsaw very ready to cut from the attic roof a hatch to the beam of the house.
Cables in place way beforehand we 'click' into. 

A ND tornado lifted my semi straight up in the air 10' and spun it around 180° and plopped it right back down on the black things.

Several Micro-bursts that would put the above to shame.

Lightning that kicked my ticker in CO at elevation.   

Habboob's that wood choke a Camel.

Pyroclastic flows I own.

Outside of 4 walls is owned by her and sometimes we go outside to check her out.

She can be so astonishing we cant help ourselves but look.   

« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 08:02:17 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.