Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545229 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6360 on: July 23, 2024, 05:58:09 PM »

Summer Can Be Quiet, but the Birds Are Busy
The height of summer is a quieter time in the bird world, but with a little knowledge you can turn the dog days into birdy days. Take a peek at what's keeping birds busy at the hottest time of the year, and learn how you can make your summer birding excursions more meaningful.

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/news/bird-watching-tips-its-summer-where-did-the-birds-go/?utm_campaign=Lab%20eNews%202024&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=315597486&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_eyaa8ymBVf3Tc-jP954xnmP2pKrO3HwiEWJ6pP0ghDpD7iMbJee5XDODHBHShpVSiSwft-h-0_g3ZGtO1s_6K1cstpp8vo4i5NUoYGZlsvHY4-CM#

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

oldguy

« Reply #6361 on: July 23, 2024, 06:03:12 PM »

Clynn - I looked up Prairie Farms where to buy - The closest Hy-Vee is Newton for the chocolate milk.  But Kum n Go in Des Moines carries it in half gallons.  ;)

We just had a rain shower go thru - .4 inch in 30 minutes.  Temps went from 86 to 66 in 1 hour.  8)

Maru and Swing-carpooling   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TPeO-4C1Ng

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Phyl

« Reply #6362 on: July 23, 2024, 06:04:24 PM »

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.   

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6363 on: July 23, 2024, 06:54:16 PM »

OLDGUY  Torrential rains right now. Most of the radar had it moving north of us.  Will check the gauge in the AM  Miri and Maru swing car-pooling.  So cute   Just Googled Prairie Farms in my zip code and supposedly Walmart sells it here.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6364 on: July 23, 2024, 08:54:19 PM »

Hi Beakers!

Glad to hear from some of the travelers, safely home again.  :)

I'm sleep-deprived. Going to bed now to try and fix that. I'm about to face-plant.

Good night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6365 on: July 24, 2024, 12:35:45 AM »

Phyl, cute owl and crow decor.... sweet baby Barn Swallow, hanging tight on the reed.

Clynn, Mike is in Houston and travels to New Orleans tonight, he'll be home on Thursday.... It's been wonderful to have Aly home. This week she's working from our home, taking care of her clients on zoom, and I've been getting more things done. Today I spray painted the wrought iron patio furniture.... awww Bella gave Rosie one of her Squishmallows. Rome and Miss Rosie, hopefully, they'll be best buds. I'm sure Rome misses the other pup.... And Rosie will be a great small dog pet for Bella too.  ;D .. I wonder when Dr. Green will band Hellgate chicks. They banded Louis/Starr's chicks... interesting vault in Norway... sweet hummer eggs, so tiny.

Karen, I hope your salon visit went well.

Oldguy, Miri has become just as good in getting on the swing as Maru.

SED Baz

Good night!

It's 9:32pm at Brooks Falls, Alaska, and the place is busy!

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 12:49:52 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #6366 on: July 24, 2024, 05:57:13 AM »

OLDGUY  Torrential rains right now. Most of the radar had it moving north of us.  Will check the gauge in the AM  Miri and Maru swing car-pooling.  So cute   Just Googled Prairie Farms in my zip code and supposedly Walmart sells it here.

Got none by me here last night tsk.  Let's see what happens with today's forecast.   ::)

BTW  Saw the news/the count of tornedos yesterday.  27  from the second event - total over 30 - still investigating reports. . .they're saying the worst ever single storm?

P

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6367 on: July 24, 2024, 06:46:58 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, Mike will be home Thursday, glad he will get a little more time with Aly! I know you are loving having her there, and Sadie loves the time with her best friend Dewey! Hope you are all having the best time! Wow, a lot of bears at Brooks Falls! I need to watch the cam for a while, fun seeing a catch!  I have a few items outside that I need to spray paint, I love how it makes things look new!

baz, hope you got a good nights sleep!

oldguy, thanks for the info on Prairie Farms chocolate milk! Never thought of looking for it at Kum & Go (still can't say Kum & Go with a straight face...)! Costco carries the white milk only. I wish all of their products were here in Iowa. Our Hy-Vee has been carrying their cream cheese. They also have wonderful ice cream and a lot of other dairy items! Anderson-Erickson doesn't do ice cream, I wonder why? Love Maru & Miri on the swing!

Phyl, thanks for the Cornell All About Birds article, I will read it after the Munchkins are gone this afternoon!

Shark bite in West Des Moines!  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/blue-zoo-aquarium-employee-bit-by-bamboo-shark/ar-BB1quagZ?ocid=BingNewsSerp

Hellgate - Looks like Younger is catching up in size!

Starved Rock State Park in Illinois is famed for its stunning canyons, waterfalls, and lush forested trails. Located along the Illinois River, the park offers 18 canyons formed by glacial meltwater and sandstone bluffs. It's a haven for hiking, wildlife viewing, and experiencing breathtaking natural beauty throughout the year.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6368 on: July 24, 2024, 06:56:17 AM »

A bit over  3/4" from yesterday's downpour.

LANI   So Mike finally got to go to Houston.  Power restored.  Home tomorrow.  I have two 4' iron sunflowers that every two years I need to re spray paint - red, yellow green.  Quite a taping job  LOL

PUFF  I think you will get today's rain which will stay south of me.

CLYNN  Proper gloves when handling sharks definitely a good procedure!   :o Hope employee will be OK.   Years ago Tim and I took a drive to Starved Rock during the winter and that's where I watched eagles on the river.  Had to climb an ice covered stairway to to it tho.( Tim sat in the car)   LOL   Really need to go back and do some of the hikes.  It's a bit over an hour away.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6369 on: July 24, 2024, 07:07:32 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1815836958494490734

Um sir: You need a bigger boat!..

Morning all.

Still nursing a really painful back...

Later

Phyl

« Reply #6370 on: July 24, 2024, 07:24:09 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...!

Currently: 73F  Fog , High  82F  Rain  with  Low 71F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Lani enjoyed he Brooks Falls, AK snap of the bear clans frolicking.  Mike in Houston---safe stay and  traveling home.

CLynn hope you got some rest; I've not seen a decent bedtime in ages and ages
Whoa! Sharks! Tks for Hellgate. Munchkins today  :)

Tsk Big cup of coffee.

Bazi when you nod off / 'face plant'  don't  injure yourself.  ;)

OG that's sounds like a hard rain fall and temp drop   :o---Maru funny

KB I hear ya about the back-pain. Take care.

Prayers for: The family of Corey Comperatore loosing husband / father on July13, 2024 .Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 08:40:22 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #6371 on: July 24, 2024, 07:24:44 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

clynn - I use to be able to stay up late, but I am in bed early now.  Very cool about the vault at the end of the world.  Awww, the hummingbird nest.  Starved Rock, so pretty!  Great pic of the Hellgate kiddos!

baz - Hope you had a good night's rest. 

Lani - You have been busy.  Safe travels for Mike tomorrow. 

Puff - I believe that about the worst night ever for storms. 

tsk - That is quite a bit of rain.  We are a lil wet this morning too, but not as much as you. 

kb - Hope you feel better soon!  I see the kid in the other boat said, it is time to get out of dodge!  LOL

Here is a pic of our beautiful Puff, before she was leaving Decorah on Sunday. 

kbshcb

« Reply #6372 on: July 24, 2024, 07:38:26 AM »

Just saw this: RIP John Mayall...lived a good long life till 90...died yesterday at his home in California.

Rock and roll Hall of Fame and British blues godfather.

Phyl

« Reply #6373 on: July 24, 2024, 07:44:37 AM »

Hi Lisa !  enjoyed
 your AM  coffee photo ; tks, appreciate  the snap of Puff and her pretty white hair

Tks. KB  RIP  John Mayall.

We've been getting a good drenching the past few days. More today as well---no need to hand water that's for sure.
  Think we need a rain gauge. LOL

Jim and I have our annual eye exam this afternoon. Jim taking off early to pick me up .
He got his car back from the body shop yesterday afternoon.  and it looks lovely. And, all  'Spic N' Span' inside --looks like new!

OH! Just realized I never mentioned .  A long story ---to make it short...While at work last month a gal had hit his car in the parking lot, right at his shift change. She really creamed his passenger corner-headlight too.
So, when he walked out---he found her putting a note on his windshield w/ insurer and contact info. Etc.

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #6374 on: July 24, 2024, 08:11:37 AM »

Good morning! Lisa, love your am picture!  Looks like a rainy morning in  a  very  lush setting!   Love your hair Puff!
78 here, feels like 87!   Humidity 90%!   Thunderstorm expected at 5 pm!   Will see if this passes us by like the others!

Been to Starved rock several times!  Lovely area and like other spots in the state unexpected in a prairie state.   clynn, good day with the kids!  Will Bella bring Rosie?   Lol!  Lani,  safe travels to Mike!