Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544247 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6255 on: July 18, 2024, 01:01:57 PM »

Map of Chicagoland 07/15/24 derecho/tornado outbreak.

NWS LINK:

https://www.weather.gov/lot/2024_07_15_Derecho

NWS link and Google My Maps last updated 07/22/24

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1c6U4VCGTCvcU0NWIo1BjV7f2rRKcW4s&usp=sharing
« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 04:05:33 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6256 on: July 18, 2024, 01:29:32 PM »

Karen  :-* Life's too short, ya know? I sorry too. Pets to Piper.

TSk Osteopenia is Dx. Which is beyond my comprehension as I already  do everything  the NP has Rx'd. I've
kind of 'Pooh-pooh'd'.

BL I'm sure TSK and others  will find that map of the Windy City very helpful and informative

Xfinity took away our ability to 'restart' a program and then took a way the 'pause' live TV. So, now we have to be fast about d oing things so not to
miss some programs---
The Five' at 4pm  from Milwaukee and the RNC which has been all day into the night c overage. Big night tonight!

Well gang   ;D---back to the Thursday 'chores' I

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #6257 on: July 18, 2024, 01:32:53 PM »

PHYL   Sorry you are not pleased with bone density results.  Osteoporosis is my diagnosis. Hard to avoid with aging.  :(  I'm not taking the drugs either.  Will take my chances.   Lots of laundry memories today  ;)

KB  Will copy and past links after this posts.  No luck with copy and past  " Paul Tassi?"

weird, I can't copy to my browser any of the links anymore....too bad. the park peeps literally jumped on top of mamma elephant to give her heart compressions. Don't know...? May be the site: nature is amazing and it's own copy video link is broken?
I subscribe to lots of twitter nature handles...maybe just try that?...

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6258 on: July 18, 2024, 05:32:31 PM »

Howdy Beakers!  :)

I had a regular dental cleaning and check-up today - all went well, and no problems found. Look, Ma! No cavities!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2024, 10:58:14 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

« Reply #6259 on: July 18, 2024, 05:37:35 PM »

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening and yummy dinner.
We're having the last of the turkey in the freezer w/some  fresh sides and salad.

TSK I've been thinking of a way to modify my diet to  fill in the 'gaps' on calcium. I don't eat dairy cheese I eat soy based cheese
slices and shreds. As you know soy doesn't provide calcium so I've been going a long time with only that from milk , multi vite.

KB gosh!

Baz    Congrats !   Sweet snaps of the little grands. Tks

SEDs...

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6260 on: July 18, 2024, 06:26:25 PM »

BL   That pretty much says it all.

PHYL   Osteopenia is not so bad...I would be grateful.  Were you ever on Fosamax?  Calcium vitamin?

KB   I found it on Youtube!  Had tears...What a rescue.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvBUKNyRads

BAZI   All systems go for you  ;D ;D   Great shots of the kids.  They are a long way from home.

RIP  Bob Newhart  84  from Oak Park Il
« Last Edit: July 18, 2024, 06:38:35 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6261 on: July 18, 2024, 06:39:25 PM »

BL   That pretty much says it all.

PHYL   Osteopenia is not so bad...I would be grateful.  Were you ever on Fosamax?  Calcium vitamin?

KB   I found it on Youtube!  Had tears...What a rescue.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvBUKNyRads

BAZI   All systems go for you  ;D ;D   Great shots of the kids.  They are a long way from home.

RIP  Bob Newhart  84  from Oak Park Il

Yes!....that's it...thank you....I tried!...that's it..it's incredible.

LisaG1967

« Reply #6262 on: July 18, 2024, 08:59:42 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

Puff arrived safely to DE this afternoon.  I had come back early to the room, and she was still out talking with the other ladies. 

oldguy - Thanks, I need to give that a try, and see if I can figure it out. I have the manuals for the fridge, but do not see any size, and also have tried to search on internet using the model/serial number and nothing comes up.

Lani - Hellgate kiddos are getting big!  Is Aly still there?  Hope you are enjoying your time.

tsk - I was up by pavilion this morning, and here comes a lil boy with my stylish hat on!  ;D He said, it works great! 

((Phyl)) - So sorry to hear that bone density test didn't go well. 

kb - Hope you have not had anymore electric outages.

karen - I have not see HM or HD up close and personal, but have seen a BE fly over the bluffs and N2B area twice since I have been here.  I am assuming it was one of them in the territory.  You and Piper doing ok?

baz - Greats pics of the lil greats from Olympic Nat'l Park!

Aww, RIP Bob Newhart!

oldguy

« Reply #6263 on: July 18, 2024, 11:59:38 PM »

Lisa - I think I will pick up one these on my way out of town.

https://finfeather.com/products/248101-sea-to-summit-mosquito-head-net?_pos=1&_psq=mosq&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Congrats on Surviving 6 Months, General!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7MQygbPDoM

Maru experiences a hair dryer for the first time   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zNAxXP1eB4

Wooden Ships (Crosby, Stills, and Nash) #foxesandfossils   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPs52_SwgtY

Quarantine Kids play "The Old Man Down the Road   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5jMNWpdgl8
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6264 on: July 19, 2024, 12:16:43 AM »

Hi Beakers!
I wish we had more rain today, our AC stopped working this morning. :P
We've been very lucky this past ten years in this home. It was a hot, humid and long day
and right now our home is a comfortable 87 degrees. Windows open and hopefully
it'll cool down soon. It took us awhile, but someone will come tomorrow morning. Talons crossed
it's repairable.

Phyl, sorry about your bone density test... I had one of the clothes pin bag for 30+ years when we lived in Kansas... thanks for info about the Full Buck Moon. It's a clear starry and moonlit night here. Beautiful sunset.

Tsk, Rip Bob Newhart, a nice man, great shows. Thanks for ellie video.

Lisa, Aly will be here till next Friday... Cute hat..... Say Hi to Puff!  ;D

Baz, yay, no cavities! LOL! sweet pics, beautiful area.

Kb, sorry about the links, I did see the story of the baby elephant rescue and the poor mama they had to sedate. Glad there was a happy ending.... sweet mama and baby Koala.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

[/size]

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6265 on: July 19, 2024, 07:07:45 AM »

Was an absolutely gorgeous day here yesterday.  Think today may be similar.

LISA  Thanks for letting us know Puff arrived.   LOLOL  See you would have fit right in with your netting hat  ;) ;)

OLDGUY  Now that is a decent looking hat with netting.   You've got to give Claire credit.  Imagine flying to Japan to meet with your advisor...   Maru  :-* :-*

LANI   Oh no.  Sure hope you can get a quick fix on the A/C  Does Aly go with on your early walks with Sadie?

Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #6266 on: July 19, 2024, 07:18:53 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...TGIF!

Currently: 65F  clear/sunny , High  84F  mostly sunny,  with  Low 65F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

RIP Bob Newhart, thanks for the laughter.

Tsk   I am more than grateful on the osteopenia---just stunned; ice cream cones look yummie.

Lani so sorry about the central a/c going out, I do know what that’s like on the
desert. Here’s to a successful repair/ rescue.

KB glad you got the ‘links’ situ figured out; baby ‘ellie’ touching story w/ happy
ending

Lisa tks for the word on Puff's arrival there. Glad she's safe

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore and all those injured on July13, 2024 Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #6267 on: July 19, 2024, 09:21:34 AM »

81 with 83% humidity today!  No rain even tho it is forecasted every day!   
Oh Lani!  I hope you can get a fast and. Easy fix to your ac!   If,not get some if those portable room coolers to use until you can get a replacement!  Do take care!
Lisa, love those hats!  Need one here for my evening outside sitting with Piper!  Darn little flying things!  Never had them before.  why are they here and hge bees and butterflies are gone?

Tsk, glad you are experiencing great weather!   Enjoy!
Baz, lgn looks  real cute with her short curly hair!

Hope all those at atf have a great experience!  Enjoy the geese!

Phyl, good pictures tiday!  Tgif
« Last Edit: July 19, 2024, 11:08:36 AM by karengramke »

BrokenLug

« Reply #6268 on: July 19, 2024, 11:54:55 AM »

Pic of some of the ATF attendees by the retention pond at the hatchery this AM from the "Pavilion Cam".

About 9:45 AM CDT. 

Everybirdy wave and say EAGLES.    ;)   :D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2024, 12:00:43 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6269 on: July 19, 2024, 12:10:52 PM »

Dance like nobody's watching..🦜🕺😍

It's Friday..💃🤩

https://x.com/i/status/1814279033817104700

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander