Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544584 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6270 on: July 19, 2024, 12:54:50 PM »

Lani were you able to get your AC repaired ?
U. S. A.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6271 on: July 19, 2024, 01:32:13 PM »

PHYL  Like your TGIF peeps.

KAREN   Today and tomorrow our town has its " Taste of..." going on so Tim and I went and got our lunch.  Tolerable weather and not raining nor crowed at this time.  Walked about 2 blocks to get there.

BL    :D :D :D  I see LISA Thanks for the shots.

LANI   They got the perfect music to go with the dancing bird  LOL
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6272 on: July 19, 2024, 02:59:56 PM »

Hi Beakers!  :)

Lani, LOL on the dancing cockatoo in the video of the url you included in your post!! "I like to move it, move it!"  ;D ;D Cute!! Ugh on your A/C going out!! I hope it's something simple. Sometimes the tube where the condensation at the air handler is supposed to drain down a pipe to the outside of your house gets stopped up and just needs to be cleared of any gunk in it, and then the A/C can be reset and run again. I don't know if you have that kind of system, but I hope it's something easy and inexpensive like that - checking the drip pan to see if it's full can help because they usually have an automatic shut-off if it gets too full to avoid an overflow... most of that kind are in the attic, I think. If the drip pan fets full, it's usually because its drain line got clogged. Anyway... good luck and hope it's back in working order soon!!

TSK, yes, RIP Bob Newhart. I loved him, and his TV shows! Oops, you had a typo - he was 94 years old! Nice long life for him - and was able to stay active and engaged throughout. I guess the last I saw him on TV was maybe in his part on The Big Bang. Yum on the Tasting outing! Yeah, my Littlest Greatniece and her Baby Bro and Fam are a long way from home in those pics. Your picture of the ice cream cone made me think about the Whippy Dip... also a long way from home.  ;D

BL, thanks for the ATF cam shots. I see Lisa in the 2nd pic. Did Tig go this year? I'm thinking not.

Lisa, thanks for letting us know Puff arrived safely. LOL on the kid wearing your fashion statement hat!

Oldguy, definitely get the hat!!  :D

Phyl, turkey dinner last night sounds good! I had some broiled shrimp on mixed fresh salad greens with a diced roma tomato and light mayo concoction, steamed fresh yellow squash, and reheated leftover okra - extra slimy for Lani!  tee hee...  ;) ;) ;) Tonight I'm having baked chicken breast with some more of those fresh mixed salad greens, leftover steamed squash, and I'm baking a sweet potato, too.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 08:46:11 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #6273 on: July 19, 2024, 04:58:06 PM »

Thanks for tge pictures Bl and .baz!
Lani what is tge word on tge ac?
Tsk is tge taste of? A showcase if local cafes?   Gkad they are enjoying decent weather!   What did you and Time, Taste?

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6274 on: July 19, 2024, 06:22:42 PM »

BAZI  Yes you are right.  My proofreading went right over that one!!!  Bob Newhart lived a wonderfully long life. Followed him from his stand-up days.   How are you liking your new frig??  I laughed out loud at that last photo of Baby Bro - His outfit is enjoying the days activities as well.  His red hair is something else.

KAREN   They block off streets in town and venders set up there.  You buy tickets and food items cost a certain amt of tickets.
At one stand I had spring rolls and Tim had goyza - like a dumpling/potsticker.   Then we split "loaded fries"  LOL  Imagine a loaded baked potato only substitute fries. Topped with melted cheese bacon onions and sour cream.  What's not to like.  ;D  The owner was very chatty and turns out he runs the kitchen at the local junior college for 14 years now..  Makes his own fries, caters, will make anything.  Got his card - Could come in handy LOL  He's also a retired cop!
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6275 on: July 19, 2024, 06:36:31 PM »

From diving ducks to flightless ostriches to zippy hummingbirds, all birds have some basic anatomical features in common. If you're curious about all the nerdy-birdy details of how birds move, forage, and fly, learning bird anatomy can be a real leg-up! Train your anatomy knowledge with the free All About Bird Anatomy learning tool. Click through the interactive image to learn all the parts and pieces of birds, then turn on flashcard mode to quiz yourself. You'll be a bird anatomy pro in no time!

https://academy.allaboutbirds.org/features/birdanatomy/?utm_campaign=bird%20academy%20general&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=314554082&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_y5I3XqVbbvC0_BEpxAIoGB613V2cuZb1S3FB0RF1_40YAICaCS9o697DOb9sQODFAUD2iBZ8Hk2gWCM_4bgIPFKRtof_hqJmxbueJHLAaVYdJ1eg

I played around with this last night—pretty cool.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

BrokenLug

« Reply #6276 on: July 19, 2024, 06:53:54 PM »

Baz Pip & I are loving the pics of the "greats" rocking the P.C.T.  Huge smiles.

My knees and I thru-hiked the PCT from S to N in the snow uphill both ways back in 1985.   ;)

It was an adventure I'll never ever forget.
It was so different from the A.T.

Exactly what healthy well rounded kids and there grups should strive to do in this environment.
Being enrobed in just mother nature outside of 4 walls for any period of time changes ones perspective.   

Tell them I really wanted a pair of those cool Velcro hiking boots way back then but my fellow backpackers of the era would have ..

And don't think for a second I didn't see the firm outdoor grasp of the Cheetos bag there in the wind.   

Yeah they are so old we ate them on that very trail back then too.

From near Mt Shasta, CA we assaulted a trail magic left cached big bag of Cheetos.

And we know who you are & we thank you really. Saved our bacon that stormy night.   :-*

It really freaks me out as I know exactly where there is.  :)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2024, 07:49:12 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

« Reply #6277 on: July 19, 2024, 06:57:50 PM »

Karen TGIF images are from my Pinterest board  , thanks.

BL tks for the ATF snaps. Only human I can make out is Lisa. Where's OF and Puff?

Lani luv the dancing cockatoo, Twitter post w/ tune LOL; soooo the A/C's fixed or did I miss 'something' ?

Baz tonight is Chinese take out; awww Lil G. N. and  Baby Bro looks like he's really enjoying that sand; hope that red hair never fades.

Tsk that baked potato ---mouth watering

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.   

« Last Edit: July 20, 2024, 05:12:48 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #6278 on: July 19, 2024, 08:08:34 PM »

Tsk!  Lol, your loaded fries. Sound lime the Horseshoes in Springfield!  A heert attack on a bun! ! 

Bl, I wish I had an ounce of your energy!  You are right, kids and afults need to be outside!

Seds

« Last Edit: July 20, 2024, 10:15:37 AM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #6279 on: July 19, 2024, 09:02:42 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

Oldguy arrived safely to ATF this afternoon, and guess what....he had on my fashion hat! 

oldguy - I wish I had read this post early this morning, I would have told you to pick me up a hat.   ;D

Lani - So sorry about the AC.  I hope you can get it repaired soon.  Will say hi to Puff for you.  Have fun with Aly.  :)

tsk - You food sounded delish!

karen - You need to get a fashion hat for sitting outside.  :D

BrokenLug -  Thanks for posting the pic.

Phyl - Your nails sound like they are lovely.  Pretty good night pic. 

baz - Great pics of Punkin and Baby Bro...looks like they are having a great time.  LOL, extra slimy!

Night, everyone!

baziunc

« Reply #6280 on: July 19, 2024, 10:25:05 PM »

Lisa, you might have to get Oldguy to ship you one of those hats to have for the next ATF! Thanks for letting us know he got to ATF safe and sound.

Karen, get Oldguy to ship you one of those hats, too!

TSK, yeah, Baby Bro's clothes are clean in the 1st pic in that series, then later, his clothes tell the tale of the day's adventures. LOL. It sounds like you and Tim had some yummy food, and you made a catering connection, too!

Phyl, I was already drooling just thinking about the Spring Rolls that TSK got at her town's "Taste" fun. Then you went and got Chinese takeout. YUM!

BrokenLug, true that! Our whole famdamily is the be out-of-doors type. I'm happy our family's youngest generation is following suit. Sorry you didn't get to rock the velcro hikers back then.  ;)  Yeah, I noticed Baby Bro keeping his Cheetos close.  ;D  My Littlest Greatniece turned 6 years old this past Spring, and she has always loved being outside - ever since getting to go for her very 1st trip outside, ever - when she was 3 months old, after only ever being inside in a hospital (born premature at 2 lbs 10 oz). Her 1st trip outside was only to a rooftop garden of the hospital, but it was outside - a bellweather day! She got to go home from the hospital 2 weeks later, and she's been loving being outside ever since. Yay!!  :-*
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 08:47:49 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #6281 on: July 19, 2024, 10:38:30 PM »

Night, All. Sleep tight. Peace.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6282 on: July 20, 2024, 01:21:55 AM »

Hi Beakers!

Tsk, I'm such an early riser Aly will join us on our walk if she's up. This is her vacation I want her to sleep in when she can, but Sadie gets so excited to go for our walks, that she'll run down to Aly who is sound asleep and jump on her! She wants Aly and Dewey to come join the pack! ... "Tastes of" Sounds like a fun time and delicious one too! Enjoy!

Brokenlug, great pics of our Decorah buddies! I think I see Lisa!  ;D ... our AC needs a new program control, it wasn't going to be available until Monday. But, our AC guy said, he was driving to the valley in the morning and would pick one up, along with a few other equipment that just arrived in Phoenix. So, we should have AC by late tomorrow. A nice storm came through our area mid-afternoon, though it brought a lot of humidity, it cooled the temps down a bit. Whew!  ;D ... You and Pip have fun! ''

Baz, your dinner sounds delicious, even the extra slimy okra!   ;D ... I didn't know our AC had a program computer and that is what needs replacing. $1700 including labor.  :-\
your greats are having a blast! Fun pics, neat view, lots of streams to enjoy and love s'mores! What fun lil Bro is having and it's all over his clothes! Bless him! Oh to be young again!  :-* ... love your good night post. So true!  :-*

Karen, AC will be repaired by late afternoon! Today the temps was in the 90's, but a nice storm came through, including humidity, but it cooled the house down with a nice breeze coming through open doors and windows. It's 83 in the house and 74 outside. Not too bad.  ;D

Phyl, I'll try your bird link tomorrow. It's been a humid day, I fell asleep at my desk tonight, and just woke up. It's much cooler in the house, I can finish my post.

Karen "heart attack on a bun!" LOL!

Lisa, I hope we can see Oldguy in the fashion hat!  ;D .. I hope you're having a blast!  ;D

Good night!

It's after 11pm and they're still fishing at Brooks Fall!  8)

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #6283 on: July 20, 2024, 05:21:09 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...!

Currently: 70F mostly cloudy , High  86F Rain !    Low 70F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Baz we had General Tso etc.; more cute Grands  :)

Lani  :(   :(     sorry for your AC woes;  fall asleep at the computer all the time---don't be like me---busted my upper lip  on the key board last month 

BL too bad you missed the Velcro hikers

Lisa can you get a snap of OG in that 'fashion' hat? LOL

Puff Glad you arrived 'Okay'.   Y'all have fun.

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore and all those injured on July13, 2024 Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam