Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 315387 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5805 on: June 30, 2024, 05:56:32 AM »

Good Morning!  A cutie is a small, easy peel, seedless, Mandarin orange!  Check out Sams,  or your local grocery!  Very delicious says Piper!
Speaking of names, my dad knew of a  dentist who’s name was Dr. I. Hurt!  Who would go there?
Hurricane beryl barreling into then  Caribbean!  Two other disturbances in the Gulf!  We had .58 inch of rain in the last 24 hours.  Chance of more later today!
Enjoy your Sunday!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2024, 06:31:12 AM by karengramke »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5806 on: June 30, 2024, 06:40:13 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

karen, I never see you this early!  I was going to say what a cutie was, we have Cuties and Halos here, I couldn't imagine that Piper would like to eat them though! I think they are very similar to tangerines but I think they are actually Mandarin oranges.  I have also seen a Dr. Payne somewhere!

Lani, I will take all the Brussels Sprouts...Yum! We finally ordered one of the Compost It! containers that our city offers, it is a big wheeled bin same size as our trash and recycle bins. Now Ed doesn't have to fight with the big paper bags. Is that what you have for your yard trash? Glad you got some rain, the yard work will still be there.

tsk, oh my, someone should have warned you ladies that the place for the refugees was a mess!  A cleaning crew should have made quick work of it! I imagine the family will be very disappointed. I just cannot imagine having to leave your home forever and go to a far away place. I would not have made a good pioneer either. You Church Ladies sure do some good work!

Phyl, Bob and Harley could be twins! Love that little cat video! We laughed more about Mr. Stiff's wife's name, Lovette Stiff...

baz, another good day of watching tennis today?

Decorah North The kids are staying close!

Hellgate - Look at the crop on the Younger!

Heather Lewis

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5807 on: June 30, 2024, 07:12:36 AM »

Good Morning...Happy Sunday !     

Currently: 81F  partly cloudy, High  89F  thunder storms,  with  Low 66F

It's all about the cats...big, small and in between

Lani last night's greeting  :-*

Karen never heard  or seen mandarins sold under that  name before. Mandarins are sold as 'Halos' here. And yes they are yummy. Nectarines (fuzzless peaches)
are my fave then mandarins.

CLynn bright greeting today. Thanks for updates on  DNN and Hellgate nests. The 'kids' of each nest are growing to be quite 'healthy'.
Mr Stiff's wife 's name would be a side splitter.

Prayers for:  The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. 
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

#Istandwith Evan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5809 on: June 30, 2024, 07:28:40 AM »

KAREN/LANI   Rest assured, refugee families who have entered the US  - and these folks have been here since early May!- are put up in hotels/motels or stay with friends/family until a place is found for them.   Confusing why there was such a rush on this one.

LANI   You have to pay to dump the required firewise cleanup??? WOW  I cannot believe how much you collect and get rid of.  Are all lots as "wooded" as yours?

KAREN  Did not know about hurricane Beryl. Will tune in.  I love Cuties  :)   

CLYNN   Same here.  We have a wheeled recycle bin, trash bin and "yard waste" bin.  So much easier that wrestling with the paper bags.   Yes, We agree that the Exodus agency was somewhat at fault here - don't think it happens often but some miscommunication occurred.  The volunteers  who work for this agency are saints in my mind.  I could never do it.  Helping out once in a while is about all I can do.  There is so much that they do.  https://exodusworldservice.org/    WOW  what a crop is right  :o :o

PHYL  Love that colorful morning angel  :)  Love the 3 funnies  ;D ;D ;D   What an interesting story about gender in cardinals.  Knew nothing about that phenomena. 
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5810 on: June 30, 2024, 07:44:03 AM »

Good Morning Beakers...Happy Sunday!

karen - You and Piper are up early!  I like the Cutie's, but the Halo's are my favorite from Sam's.  ;D ;D Dr. I. Hurt  Jeff would have loved your dinner. 

Lani - Thank you, and a sweet good night pic from you!  You aren't a brussel sprouts fan?  Jeff grills them every day. I do not know how is not sick of them.

tsk - What a good job you all do, but sad that the workers did not have the apartment move in ready for you all to finish setting up. Your morning breakfast looks delish!

Phyl - LOL...when you dream about work!  Love your colorful angel pic this morning.

clynn
- Holy crop on the young one!  :D  The Cuties and Halo's are like a tangerine, but I think the Cutie's are a lil more sour tasting then the Halo's. Those croissants...yummy! 

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #5811 on: June 30, 2024, 08:43:53 AM »

Enjoy this Strawberry Lemonade Sheet Cake, this moist vegan cake is bursting with fresh strawberries & brightened with lemon juice, zest and frosted with a light sweet strawberry frosting…
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

karengramke

« Reply #5812 on: June 30, 2024, 09:12:24 AM »

Lori, does Peeos still peep in!   If so, Happy .birthday to her!

I buy cuties or Halos, which ever are in stock!   Phyl, I thought peaches  are fuzzy and nectarines, smooth?  Have Jim check produce.  I am sure they must have them.  Sold in mesh bags.as a rule, or crates.

Lisa, i am a brussel sprout fan and Jeffs grilling sounds great!  Could not do that every day though!

Phyl

« Reply #5813 on: June 30, 2024, 10:00:42 AM »

Karen re-read my post nectarines are 'fuzzless'  peaches  . Or smooth as you would say. Correct is 'fuzzless'. It's a  God made tweak in their DNA that makes them 'fuzzless' and sweeter and more nutritious. I eat them like one does apples.  One nectarine daily
really does keep the doctor away. 
Blueberries are the only other fruit healthier . We get "Halos' mandarins when in season. Same with nectarines

Tsk your breakfast look yummy. Gonna have that as a sandwich this AM

Lisa Blah Brussel sprouts! Hate cabbage even the 'baby' ones  aka Brussel sprouts.

#Istandwith Evan

Puff

« Reply #5814 on: June 30, 2024, 10:07:23 AM »

Lani  Concerned about fires, but I think you're up north from Phoenix?

p

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #5815 on: June 30, 2024, 10:10:41 AM »

Lori, does Peeos still peep in!   If so, Happy .birthday to her!

I am not sure, but if she does I want her to see that we are thinking of her today & miss her.  I hope she visits soon ;)

Also, thinking of your little Sassy today Karen... I sure miss that little girl. take care sweetie!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2024, 10:20:05 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5816 on: June 30, 2024, 10:14:19 AM »

Happy birthday Peep!  8)

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #5817 on: June 30, 2024, 10:57:57 AM »

Aha, Phyl, did not read tge lessat the end!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5818 on: June 30, 2024, 11:22:09 AM »

LISA  Tim could eat Brussel sprouts every day!! Found this as I didn't know the difference as we sometimes have both offered in a season.       "Cuties, technically considered mandarins or clementines, are the perfect kid-sized, seedless snack. Halos are too, although they are a little larger and slightly more acidic. Tangerines are a very sweet and very close cousin to clementine, and tangelos are a hybrid of tangerines and pomelos.May 16, 2022 "

LORI  Glad there is enough for all of us on that lemonade strawberry sheet cake. ;D ;D

Such a gorgeous day today.  Finished about an hour + in the gardens.  Phew - needed some deadheading and weeding.
The birds have gone through 2 suet feeders in one day!!!  We are not putting seed in the feeders as I DO NOT want to encourage any deer.  Just took off the cheesecloth covering on my black eyed susans and two tomato plants.  Checked this AM - All OK  flowers still in place.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5819 on: June 30, 2024, 11:26:59 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Tsk}}} I have no doubt the refugee family is in loving care. The Exodus World Service is a wonderful org..... Our HOA changed it's Firewise service dates two years ago. Spring cleanup is 10 days with pickup in mid-March, Fall pick up is 10 days in mid-Sept.. You have to use their trash bags and brush/tree debri is cut to their specified length.You cannot place bags prior to starting date or they will not be picked up.  The trees in our area do not lose their leaves until May. I do what I can in those 10 days for the HOA pickup (which is part of our HOA fees). That's why I decided to order an extra trash bin to help me the rest of the year. Our community is in a national forest and it has restrictions. Everyone has trees and brush. Some pay for landscapers to take care of their lot once a month. It's a $175-250 monthly service we do not want to pay. So I do it while I physically can, If it's too heavy we hire someone. Other homeowners have the HOA take care of their lot. They are willing to pay $2000 for the yearly service.... Yesterday's trip to the town dump/recycle brush area for the 160 lbs of debri they charged us $7.50. If we were able to hire someone to take it for me it would be $100. No one is available to do small jobs, it's hard to find a handyman now. They travel to the valley or Flagstaff to make good money.

Phyl, love your cartoon posts. LOL! .... beautiful morning angel... I remember this wonderful article on the Rare Half-male, Half female Cardinal. Thank you for sharing... YAY another person I know that does not like cabbage. That's me too! I'll have it twice a year maybe?. In a slaw or reuben sandwich... hated the smell of cooked cabbage when I was a kid and it stayed with me.  :-X

Karen, We have Halos here, I'll check for cuties too.... Dr. I. Hurt LOL! ;D

Clynn, pretty Sunday pics.... We ordered an extra wheelie trash bin from our trash service. It's the same as our regular wheelie trash bin, we do not have a recycle service here in Payson. You can take your recycles to a couple of large trash containers set up for recycles here in town. WM or Roadrunner which we use and they do not offer recycle service like they do in the valley. Because we are two hours away from either Flagstaff or the valley. I can put whatever I want in the extra bin, mainly I use it for my landscape debri.... awww good crops on the Elder and Younger  :-*

Lisa, no brussel sprouts for me. Aly loves them. When we lived in Kansas cold pickled brussel sprouts was available in restaurants. Now I loved that! ... good for Jeff, strong tummy. :-X

Lori, love your birthday greeting for Peep, especially the cake! YUM!  :-*

Puff, are you talking about the fires in North Scottsdale, east of Carefree and west of Rio Verde. Terrible fire, we have friends that live in both areas. And it's near homes on Desert Mountain.. ...  :'(

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander