Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 308002 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5790 on: June 29, 2024, 11:09:16 AM »

PUFF  Fascinating research.  So much to learn.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5791 on: June 29, 2024, 11:33:25 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

I just have a few more hours of firewise work left. We couldn't find someone to help with the cutting of tree branches, so I took out the handsaw and have been doing it myself.
It's been a slow process, as I know my limitations now. I just do two - three hours a day, today we're taking bags of debri to the town dump and recycle. I'm hoping to be done with it all by Monday.

Have a good Caturday and see you tonight.  8)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #5792 on: June 29, 2024, 12:27:13 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

I just have a few more hours of firewise work left. We couldn't find someone to help with the cutting of tree branches, so I took out the handsaw and have been doing it myself.
It's been a slow process, as I know my limitations now. I just do two - three hours a day, today we're taking bags of debri to the town dump and recycle. I'm hoping to be done with it all by Monday.

Have a good Caturday and see you tonight.  8)

You go girl! :).....Glad to hear you take it slow....I too do something every day, it's not raining that is, outside and limit myself to about that amount of time per day...smart work.

I laid 23 bags of mulch out but over 3 days....no hurry anymore...just smart.

LisaG1967

« Reply #5793 on: June 29, 2024, 12:42:44 PM »

Good Morning Beakers....It's Caturday!!

I had my post all ready to go before I left for Walmart this morning, and got busy doing something else and left.  Better late then never, right?

karen - Thanks for the kind words on the morning pic.   :D  Glad to hear that PT went well for you!

oldguy - Thanks for the videos, and loved the Q-Kids one!

Phyl - Thanks, and yes, extra treats for the kitties when they are good.  :D

Lani - All is good here, and I hope at your home, too.

kb - Yay for a nicer day!

clynn - Great Caturday pics, and also pics from Hellgate and DNN! 

tig - LOL

tsk - Your morning kitties are so adorable. 

Puff - Good read!

Lani - I hope you are not too sure after doing all of that work.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5794 on: June 29, 2024, 02:00:16 PM »

LANI   " I heart you"  :-* :)    That project sure takes a long time.  But you are outdoors and getting exercise.  You still have a long tolerance for work  LOL  I'm down to 1-2 hours  LOL

LISA   Awww  such cute kitties enjoying breakfast in bed.  :)

Off with 4 others to set up an apt for a Congolese refugee family of 4 due to move in tomorrow.  This is through a agency- Exodus World Services -that assists settlement agencies.  Our group provides everything a starter living place should have from dishes to tooth paste.  ( about $800-900 worth)  Another group will provide all the ethnic foods they will need for a week.  The settlement group furnishes it.
Just another thing I got myself into...sigh  It will be 91 degrees!!  Second floor.  We have another Afghan family of 4 to do on Tues.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5795 on: June 29, 2024, 02:54:23 PM »

Have a big ol' Caturday, Beakers!!  :D

Get Ready for Wimbledon! Coming Monday! Yay!

Wimbledon local time is 5 hours ahead of my local Eastern time. Qualifying matches are being played this weekend.

The Official Wimbledon Championships website, with links to about everything pertinent for now. Also with news of some of the players, if you scroll down the home page:
https://www.wimbledon.com/index.html

And the order of play for Day 1/Round 1, starting Monday:
https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/schedule/index.html

A quick google search just now re. my boyfriend got the following info:  ;)

"Is Nadal playing in the Olympics in 2024?

Alcaraz's compatriot, Rafael Nadal, has opted out of Wimbledon, and instead is readying his body for a go at Paris 2024, where he'll play doubles alongside Alcaraz.  3 days ago"

Stay cool, Beakers!   8) :-*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2024, 02:56:39 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5796 on: June 29, 2024, 03:04:32 PM »

TSK .. bless you
BAZ... I'm so bummed Let our is mostly on streaming so I need to get up at 4 and 5 a m. to watch. Grr . I'll be watching Wimbledon also, if I can stay awake.
Laundry almost finished. Then, leftover pizza  ::)

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5797 on: June 29, 2024, 04:20:23 PM »

Scene from the movie "A street cat named Bob"

Oh those names Tig and Clynn and their for real too.

Lani  good to take all that slow---'fire wising' about finished   ;)  Kitty 'I heart (love) you.'

CLynn almost impossible to 'ruin' oatmeal cookies regardless of the variation.  LOL 'Caturday Chores'; tks for Hellgate and DNN updates

TSk sweet am greeting one kitten consoling another ; The Afghanis have a difficult time in the migration process; Congolese  have such
trials in their country  to flee as well.

Puff Re: cuddles---Yep! It's all true and that's a fact.  Often refered to as one of the  'happy hormones---Oxytocin, dopamine, and serotonin.

Karen  :)

Baz/Tig I know  you'll enjoy the game.

So sad about Rapidan Dam store being demolished, glad the family got a deal out of it al

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:03:49 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #5798 on: June 29, 2024, 04:22:59 PM »

They just know. Don't they?

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #5799 on: June 29, 2024, 04:30:10 PM »

#Istandwith Evan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5800 on: June 29, 2024, 05:07:21 PM »

BAZI   Thanks for the heads up on Wimbledon!!  Guess you will need to see your boyfriend in Paris  ;) ;)

TIG   Picking up a pizza as I was not home to cook and ribs I planned took an extra step Tim wouldn't be able to do.  Ribs on tap for tomorrow  tho  LOL

PHYL   LOL  when you dream about work!!

Previous to this " welcome to the neighborhood" packet, our church did at Advent the "baby packet" for newborns and pregnant Moms of refugees.  The parish came through and we had enough to deliver to 6 refugee families through this same Exodus agency
Well today was not as planned as the workers were no where being finished getting the apt ready.   - Can't go into it all but all we could do was get all the items up 21 steps ( I'm a counter  LOL)  and clean 1 portion of the filthy floor to set all the items on.  No furniture, no water, broken cabinets - a nightmare.  So our stay wasn't as long as it was supposed to be.  Sure hope they will delay that family moving in!!!
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:06:23 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #5801 on: June 29, 2024, 06:24:34 PM »

Tsk, you do good works!   Hope the family can stay some place until the mess can be cleaned up!  Hope nobody takes the items you left!   
Had fish and a sweet potato for dinner!  Delicious!  Piper and I shared a cutie for desert!
Hooe everyone has an enjoyable evening!  Seds

Phyl

« Reply #5802 on: June 29, 2024, 06:40:50 PM »

TSK sure do hope 'they' get the apts up to par before moving day.

Karen you and Piper had a 'cutie' for dessert---what's a cutie?

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #5803 on: June 29, 2024, 06:41:04 PM »

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.

#Istandwith Evan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5804 on: Yesterday at 01:17:25 AM »

Phyl, I'm with the Ginger cat, "no brussel sprouts!" ... sweet good night pics. .. awww Bob.  :-*

Kb, I'm sorry the Hruska family lost their store too. Glad the city worked out a deal with them. Sad situation though.

Clynn, a fun game you had with Cathy, "Rabbi Hamburger, The Stiffs!" LOL! .... stunning photo of the North eaglets this morning.  :-*

Tig, "Larry Lust!" LOL!!

Tsk, I like to create my pizza like you and Tim. .. Wendell Stiff the Undertaker! Good one LOL!! .. Bless you {{{Tsk}}} and your group for aiding Congolese refugee family and others. I just read your update, I hope they can find temp home for the family until the other one is prepared and ready.

Puff, interesting research, something to think about, thank you.   :)

Kb, at Tonto Town Dump we pay by the weight of items. I did 160 lbs worth of work in 12 - 51 gal. bags.  :o I filled a trash bin with debri and have 12 more bags to take to the dump/recycle... It rained this afternoon, so I couldn't go back out and do a couple more hours. Tomorrow.  ;)

Lisa, sweet morning pic...

Baz, thanks for Wimbledon info, sorry about your boyfriend, but what a great doubles team!

SED Karen and Piper, I don't know what a cutie is, but I bet it was delicious!  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's Aunt June, Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander