Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 315594 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5835 on: July 01, 2024, 07:06:10 AM »

GOOD MORNING

The second half of 2024 begins!  Where does the time go... ???

LANI  That's one comfortable pup signing you off last night ( this AM) LOL

PHYL  Nice shot of the Norths at sunrise.  Lizzy's video.  Nevermind no physical nest - The kids know what side their bread is buttered on.   ;D
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5836 on: July 01, 2024, 07:08:56 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Puff, I will have to try your banana tip! I usually buy 3 at a time because I cannot stand them too ripe!  I have never seen the little chef hats on the tops! I googled banana hats and OMGosh, it is a big thing!

Phyl, it's July, half of 2024 is gone! We had a beautiful day yesterday, and another one today! Hi 71! Rain tonight and on into tomorrow and tomorrow night. And back to the 80s. We also have WM here!  We pay $32 per month for the trash/recycle bins, and $125 per year for the yard waste bin. So about the same as yours.  Love the Decorah North video! The kids are so cute playing and chasing each other! So sweet, the little bird landing next to one of them and the puzzled look! And the feeding on the nest remains, a joy to watch!

Lani, another cuddly doggie picture! When we had open tubs to put the recycling in they would sort the stuff onto the truck that had bins for glass, cardboard, cans, etc. If there wasn't a place for it on the truck, it was left in the tub. They would also leave boxes that weren't flattened. Now there is a big closed container, who knows what some people put in there!

Hellgate

Decorah North - last night...

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #5837 on: July 01, 2024, 07:51:44 AM »

A little dizzying......but, those stripes have a purpose!
https://www.stevestewartwilliams.com/p/how-the-zebra-got-its-stripes-and
Japnese researches painted cows and proved those stripes reduce biting flies!

Morning all....another beauty of a day before the rain comes in tonight...

I haven't turned the sprinklers on yet this season......knocking on wood!....so saved lots of time/energy watering by hand or moving sprinklers around.
I'm going for zero watering the entire year!..

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5838 on: July 01, 2024, 09:09:48 AM »

CLYNN   I had never heard of chef's hats either.   I buy 3 bananas as well and try to select from ready to eat to unripe.  If necessary I do put in frig but I know you're not supposed to.. ::)   Those Hellgate kids blend right in with their nest  ;D

KB   Interesting study - Seems it's the white that does it. Explains a lot about body art.

Gorgeous day here as well.  High of 72  Hot again tomorrow and rain Thurs?
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5839 on: July 01, 2024, 09:11:51 AM »

Morning Beakers,

Iā€™m at dealership and have tried to type a message three times on this iPad and all have disappeared, with me hitting the wrong button.  🙄

Catch up later. 

Hope everyone is having a good day. 

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5840 on: July 01, 2024, 09:12:04 AM »

bounce
KB... Talons crossed!
Back from the pool and watching Le Tour. Gotta clean along the street curb today (have been putting it off). And a couple of other tasks. Then read. And Wimbledon (recorded).

HAGD
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5841 on: July 01, 2024, 09:33:30 AM »

Wing flapping practice from both chicks!

Chick TFT's mom has flown in to provide feeding!

TF chick on maneuvers! ;D

TF chick preening his soft as cotton ball look!  :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Going to the dentist soon.
I'll be back later!  8)

« Last Edit: July 01, 2024, 09:35:45 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5842 on: July 01, 2024, 11:08:21 AM »

CLynn     I, too, buy only 3 bananas at a time same for my nectarines, etc. Never heard of  hats for bananas.  Here, WM doesn't include yard waste or recycling .  We have one receptacle  and must dispose of our own yard waste and do our own recycling with in the house and drive that to a recycling center.  Right now temp is at 79F and sunny.  ;D

Tsk nice welcome to July; and yes where has the 'time gone'?  keep us posted on the refugees you all are working with.

Lisa  hoping your day flows better as it progresses

Tig hoping your Wimbledon tourney is a win for you

Lani  hope all goes well at dentist; tks for the Royal Albie update, TF and TFT winger sizing and  both look great---so white and fluffy---'cottonball' is perfect description
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5843 on: July 01, 2024, 01:29:32 PM »

Happy 1st Day of July, Beakers!!  :)

I'm getting some off and on rain here today - yay!  :D  We have been needing rain big time!  Some much cooler temps with it for the day, too - double yay!

Take care, All, and enjoy your day!  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ā€• A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ā€• President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5844 on: July 01, 2024, 01:40:40 PM »

LISA  Getting the car ready for the BIG TRIP? :)

LANI  Nice collection of pic of the Royals wing flaps  ;D

PHYL  Going later tomorrow afternoon to set up apt for an Afghan family of 4.  Will let you know how that goes!!

BAZI  Love the quote  :)

Back to washing the floor. :P
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5845 on: July 01, 2024, 02:21:31 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

tsk - Car is all ready for the big drive!  Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks  :D

baz - We had a lil shower yesterday, that cooled things down, but it is supposed to be a hot week. 

Phyl - Thank you!  I wasn't as long as I thought I would be at the dealership.

Lani - Good luck at dentist.  Thanks for the Royal pics! I love slimy okra  ;D

tig - Enjoy your day of Le Tour and Wimbledon!

kb - Interesting about the stripes. I bet you saved on the water bill, too!  :D

clynn - Pretty morning pics, and cute lil banana hat. 

Puff - I might have to try the bag theory for the bananas. 

Afternoon karen  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #5846 on: July 01, 2024, 03:07:29 PM »

talking bananas. We buy them too. Not sure if we buy them for the banana or for the sauce we dip them in above, LOL...also apples and other fruite.

Lisa - Yep on the lower water bill this year. I'm surprised I didn't mention it.  ;)

Heading for a nap. My neck/upper back have hurt since the end of my mulch lay out...been babying it since. Will be fine in a few days I'm sure....have lots more to do, so I'm resting and counting on it!

Puff

« Reply #5847 on: July 01, 2024, 03:50:35 PM »

I'm guessing that I didn't mention the banana hats before, first feedback from beakers.  Looked up goggle to find what else there was that I didn't know.   The crochet/knit patterns are really cute.  I just called them chef hats because that's what I saw at Magianos (local).  My Jewel doesn't do anything.  I just got the word from the produce manager who learned it from working at the market in Chgo.  He did even tell me it was because of escaping gases.  I normally just buy bananas - now I pull off a bigger plastic bar from the roll, put them in the bag, and leave it on the counter.  One thing tsk when I do my selection I always opt for some ready to eat, some greenish, some in between. 

BTW  When this fellow told me his story I thought he was pulling my strings, or just spreading an old wife's tale.  Son-of-a-gun it worked!  Next time I ran in to him again - I raved to him that it really worked; talked so loud that others started paying attention to our talking.  Got some more converts.

Sad story - I had no bananas left today.  Busy outside and then too smelly and tired.  Tomorrow I go to the store!!!!!!

P

« Last Edit: July 01, 2024, 04:03:40 PM by Puff »

karengramke

« Reply #5848 on: July 01, 2024, 04:02:42 PM »

Lisa, thought this  visit to the dealership might be for the drive to Iowa and back!  Glad it waS shorter than you expected as that might mean no major issues!  Yea!
Clynn, would like to meet the person who made the totem pole in your cheary am pictures!   Think maybe a. Collection of flower pots!
Baz, just read, cat 5 is the new   Top hurricane  category and beryl was just. Short of this when it hit with 150

mph winds!

Had rain last night but no cooling!  Very humid. Still  had/have temps in the 90s.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2024, 05:31:50 PM by karengramke »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5849 on: July 01, 2024, 04:14:19 PM »

LISA  Love the fresh flowers  :)   Slimy okra makes me gag!  LOLOL

KB   Now I never thought of dipping bananas.  That Whole Foods dip looks good  ;D

KAREN   Beryl is pretty scarey.
Chicagoland