Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 303659 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5760 on: June 28, 2024, 06:45:58 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, you are with your Bluebirds as Lesley is with her Blue Jays... on the same wave!  They love seeing you and Jim, they know how you care for them!  I checked out the Lillian Vernon catalog! There was also Fingerhut, I always thought the name was silly! Paul Bunyon, a name we learned in early childhood...

Lori, love the birthday wishes for jpalm! Hope you and Destini are surviving the storms!

Happy Heavenly Birthday jpalmken!

Lani, I will be checking on my Aunties when Kelsey and I make our annual trip next month. We are leaving on July 13th, returning on the 21st. I know we will spend a day going down to very Southern Illinois, Mom loves driving around down there. Kelsey has agreed to ride the Ferry across the Ohio River to Kentucky! She would not do it last year! She will probably try to back out again!  ;D

Decorah North

Hellgate Feeding the kids this morning

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5761 on: June 28, 2024, 06:55:01 AM »

LANI   Enjoy a Celtic Women concert on PBS whenever they are on.

LORI   On my calendar today I have a remembrance for EAGLEDUCK's heavenly b-day?

PHYL  If you google Paul Bunyon, there isn't a town in upper Wisc that doesn't have some celebration/statue/ restaurant/ museum to mention him  LOL    That link was blocked on my PC  :(  The kids hardly look like bluebirds  :o    What a great hobby to have right?

CLYNN   LOLOL  " Please close the gate"  You have a wonderful trip planned in July  ;D   What's on the other side of the ferry ride in Kentucky?
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5762 on: June 28, 2024, 08:32:12 AM »

Good Morning Beakers...Happy Friday!

Lani - Thanks for the post and pics on the Puffin Nesting Habits. Love the Celtic Woman music. 

baz - I sure will let you know if I make them.  We are banana eating people here, so we always have lots of extra banana's at the end of the week.  :D

clynn - The cookies look great!  Wow, big one is really stuffed at Hellgate.  Prayers to your Aunts!  Aww, if you were leaving 2 days later, I could wave to your on the other side of the highway  ;D  Have a fun trip to your Mom's next month!

Lori - Thanks for posting JP's heavenly birthday. 

Phyl - Thank for info on Paul Bunyan Day, and your bluebird pics. Bandit and Misty have been behaving.  :D 

tsk - I have caught one of the Celtic Woman concerts on PBS, they are great!

karen, tig, kb, and Puff
- Morning
  :D

kbshcb

« Reply #5763 on: June 28, 2024, 09:13:44 AM »

Wow!...photographer writes: Somewhere in Southern MN....a whooping crane: One of the rarest birds in North America. Only about 800 remain in the wild. Great catch, Ricky Roman.

Rained most of the night and more to come later on. A bit of a break right now so may be able to grab that walk with you Ollie.

Nonetheless....flooding is everywhere near any river or lake that is....Mississippi now cresting Sunday, not Saturday as earlier predicted...

Paul Bunyan and the Blue Ox were visited by most Minnesota children decades ago. I know we saw him in Brainerd MN.

Legend has it that Minnesota's 10,000 lakes (we all know there are more than that1) were created by Paul Bunyan's footprints filling with water as he explored our state..

kbshcb

« Reply #5764 on: June 28, 2024, 09:23:15 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0cwoPW4CRo
Some good reporting of local flooding including the Rapidan dam....several fourth of July fireworks shows have been cancelled as they are often near our rivers.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5765 on: June 28, 2024, 09:30:14 AM »

Happy Heavenly birthday dear Horst/Homedi/Eagle-Duck!
You are dearly missed and so is Maxie!
  :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5766 on: June 28, 2024, 10:11:53 AM »

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5767 on: June 28, 2024, 11:27:44 AM »

Today...Remembering and missing  'Eagle Duck'  Horst and Maxie , too!

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

LisaG1967

« Reply #5768 on: June 28, 2024, 12:22:07 PM »

kb - Sorry about all the rain and flooding. Love the pic of the whooping crane.  I remember learning about Paul Bunyan and his blue ox in school. 

Lani - You have one cool cat this morning. Remembering Horst on his heavenly birthday and Maxie, too!

Phyl - Pretty pic

kbshcb

« Reply #5769 on: June 28, 2024, 01:02:14 PM »

kb - Sorry about all the rain and flooding. Love the pic of the whooping crane.  I remember learning about Paul Bunyan and his blue ox in school. 

Lani - You have one cool cat this morning. Remembering Horst on his heavenly birthday and Maxie, too!

Phyl - Pretty pic

Yes, thanks Lisa....we have lots of critters heading for high ground from the river bottoms, including my neighborhood. Deer in our urban lots for example, and coyotes.

this along the Minnesota River just south and a little west of me.
You can see why critters are heading for "high ground"

I keep an extra eye out now when I walk Ollie....we made it this am.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5770 on: June 28, 2024, 01:08:05 PM »

KB  Whoopers are real beauties.  One thing on my bucket list is to get to the International Crane Foundation (https://savingcranes.org/)
in Baraboo, Wi   Yes I remember the story about how Mn lakes were formed  ;D ;D

Thanks LANI   I love that photo of Horst and Maxie.     That AM kitty  ;D ;D ;D ;D  esp the watch!
Chicagoland

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #5771 on: June 28, 2024, 02:18:27 PM »

I am very sorry ED and to my Beakers!  wrong birthday... I thought that didn't seem right, my apologies... :-\ Always thinking of and missing all of our Beakers who are now in heaven and my cherished friends in the Beak.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 02:20:28 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5772 on: June 28, 2024, 03:21:41 PM »

Happy Friday, Beakers! Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

Clynn, thanks for the extra cookie tips. I am not very good at baking breads/cookies/cakes/pastries, and the like, so I don't do it very often - almost never. But those banana/oatmeal cookies look and sound like something I would like a lot! Maybe I could manage making them without completely botching it! You and Kelsey will have fun sharing a new adventure for her by taking that ferry river crossing - "floating" from one state to another!  :D

Happy Heavenly birthday dear Horst/Homedi/Eagle-Duck!
You are dearly missed and so is Maxie!
  :-*

Thanks, ((Lani)):-*  Zippo and I wholeheartily agree with you, though we are a bit verklempt in our remembrance of Horst/EagleDuck.  :'(  Zippo sends air beak kiss-kisses to Maxi, and hopes she was able to re-home successfully and healthily.  :-* :-*

((Lori)), thanks for the great remembrance post of Horst with that great picture of his beloved Maxi.  :-* :-*

Zippo has attached a throwback remembrance of sending Horst/EagleDuck/ED birthday wishes 9 years ago, on 6/28/2015.

Click attached pic to enlarge.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 03:26:52 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5773 on: June 28, 2024, 03:26:55 PM »

Happy Birthday in Heaven Eagle-Duck!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5774 on: June 28, 2024, 06:15:01 PM »

some bounce

Pool. A Quiet Place movie. New to us pizza place... where I had a small artichoke, tomato, green olive, spinach, and of course, cheese, pizza. Yum! Brought some home. That 16 oz. Hamm's was a lot to drink! Hmmm. My tummy must be shrinking...

On Patrol Live, a quick sleep, then up at 4 to watch Le Tour... before laundry day.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)