Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 410095 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5595 on: June 22, 2024, 06:34:48 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

LANI   I think that is so cool about your bats.  Monsoon sky- majestic..

KB  My very question on the roof pooch.. ???

PUFF  I must say, in my backyard they have really calmed down.  Only a couple tree branches to pick up today - done laying eggs...

PHYL  A black cat Caturday  ;)   Black panther - can't make out that "thing"..
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5596 on: June 22, 2024, 06:52:44 AM »

TSK  black cats today, just turned out that way---so I went with them.   Dog on house roof, or was photoshop.  Either way...
Cozy kitties  sleeping in this AM.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5597 on: June 22, 2024, 07:02:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  It's CATURDAY!

Phyl, wow on those BIG cats!  Love the black cats and the summer cats, I just love cats! Love that good night pic...peace and quiet...

Puff, 90 here today, very humid! Chance of rain, we have been having rain here and there along with the high temps. Nothing like they are having up in NW Iowa and MN.

kb, please let us know when revealed how in the heck that dog got on the roof! Sophie got on our roof but she's a cat and cats can climb!

Lani, aww, you have a bat family! I think it would be wonderful to live in a wooded areas and track bears too! Maybe in Oregon, or up near Flagstaff! Thanks for the Bear Report, love reading it and seeing the pictures! Lily with 4 cubs, oh my! Trying to imagine the noise when they are all hungry!

tsk, we walk until we can't. That is my motto! I have yet to hear any cicadas, isn't that strange? I have heard them years before here. Maybe ours are waiting until their turn again. Your good morning cats look so sweet!

Decorah North - Parent and both kids!  Katkrzy

Hellgate - Finn delivers breakfast!

« Last Edit: June 22, 2024, 07:05:09 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #5598 on: June 22, 2024, 07:28:44 AM »

Not photoshopped. Posted by a city Fire Dept....they don't photoshop things.

kbshcb

« Reply #5599 on: June 22, 2024, 07:54:26 AM »

and, then there's this: Apparently dogs can fly!..

My guess is there is a window/opening on the back side of the house that the dog can some how get out of and up to the roof.

There are many videos/reports of dogs doing this if you google it.

Getting them down safely is the issue...and the safest seems to me is a fireman.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5600 on: June 22, 2024, 07:58:28 AM »

I did not suggest that it was photoshopped.
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #5601 on: June 22, 2024, 08:03:46 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....Happy Caturday!!

I am trying to psych myself up, and be happy to go to this outside BBQ graduation party in this heat.  It is already 78°, and it is only 8:29am.

tsk & Lani - Thought of you both with my morning pic yesterday.   :D 

Lani - Aww, Little One is precious!  Beautiful evening sky.

tig - Thanks for the shortened version link.  Great interview by Bro & SIL.

kb - LOL, on the dog on roof.  I have a friend who has a pup that does that.  This is Buster on the roof  ;D  He climbs out a window to get up there. 

Puff - Oh no, you still dealing with the cicadas!  ;D ;D "We're still coming home.  We know it's broke, but it's home."

Phyl - Love all your black kitties this morning.

tsk - Aww, a kitty of every color this morning.  :)

clynn - Pretty "enjoy the little things" pic!

kbshcb

« Reply #5602 on: June 22, 2024, 08:20:55 AM »

I didn't say you did, clynn....where did I say that? ...Phyl did though.

Puff

« Reply #5603 on: June 22, 2024, 08:23:19 AM »

One thing I thought about a couple times while sweeping up dead critters -- It won't happen again for 14 years.  Even if I make 94 I won't even know what all the ruckus is about.   ::)

I find it amazing that not more people are going through this like we are, very few to be exact.  I wondered if others have sent their allotment our way.  Thanks but no thanks.  Swept up hundreds of mostly dead corpses on patio alone yesterday.  Doesn't even include those clinging to blades of grass.  I  was hoping lawn service would come along yesterday and take up the dead and the alive while mowing.  I require picking up the grass cuttings - I wouldn't care one iota if they all got carted away in the process.  Truth be told - there must be billions and billions in my big, big special crimson maple alone.  They're either on the leaves/on the truck/or flying at my head.

A sick side story - I found another one of the 17 year cicada on Thursday while sweeping the driveway.  (For those who aren't cicada educated, there are 14 year cicada, brownish and orange with red eyes, and 17 year cicada, green with black markings and bigger.)  I found one Thursday while waiting for handy man who was to put in a new storm door that day.  I swept around the green one and left him wounded to show him.  Most people here aren't even aware, nor do they care, about the 17 year, and I wanted to show Mark.  Well,  before he arrived, a robin dropped down and ate my pretty cicada.  Glad but not glad.  I'll have to hang on until 97 yrs to see another????

Y'all no doubt had enough of the buggy stories.  I'll earnestly try to never mention them again until 2038.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5604 on: June 22, 2024, 08:43:46 AM »

bounce

I'm getting my virtual exercise in ... watching running in Duluth and tennis in Germany. LOL

I'll get some "real" in later using a wheelchair at a museum.

8)

Thanx for pics of Finn/Iris and Decorah
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5605 on: June 22, 2024, 11:20:44 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #5606 on: June 22, 2024, 11:21:53 AM »

Lisa, put on a pair of shorts, a t. Sandals. One of Lanis hats and carry a parasol!  Maybe you can find one of those old fashioned cardboard fans, mounted on a tongue depressor!   Have fun!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2024, 12:27:22 PM by karengramke »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5607 on: June 22, 2024, 11:56:15 AM »

PHYL    Isn't it a shame that nowadays you always have to wonder first if the pic is a real happening.. :( :P

CLYNN   You can include that rain for Wisconsin as well.  At least my bro in Milw says they are way over what they should be getting for June.  Think we may be done with our cicadas.  Pretty quiet outside now - but so dang hot!!  Just went out to sweep up the porch and I'm sweating.  Went to the Farmer's Market early about 8:15 or so to avoid the heat.  Ughh

KB  We all knew dogs could fly.  Thanks for the reality check on the dog on roof.

LISA   Lots of water in order today.  Maybe there is a big shade tree or a tent?  Buster   ;D ;D ;D

TIG  Whatcha going to see at the museum?

LANI   Catlady - Kind of like Claire and her 11  LOL
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5608 on: June 22, 2024, 12:25:39 PM »

I didn't say you did, clynn....where did I say that? ...Phyl did though.

KB.   Yes. I did as so much on internet is manufactured , sometimes,  it makes one doubt it's authentic.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2024, 01:49:24 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5609 on: June 22, 2024, 04:03:47 PM »

TSK

https://new.artsmia.org/exhibition/american-gothic-gordon-parks-and-ella-watson

It was good, but the museum is so huge it was mind-boggling. I was comfy in the borrowed wheelchair, but Camper was uncomfortable walking and then he felt weak. I made him drink some water. We traveled home in a rain storm and as soon as he left and got into the fresh air he felt better.

Phew
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)