Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 410066 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5610 on: June 22, 2024, 04:51:42 PM »

U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5611 on: June 22, 2024, 05:09:00 PM »

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/813884963923131993/

TIG sorry to read that Camper wasn't feeling well enough to finish the tour. But relieved he felt better in the fresh air and you both are
home safely. From the  on site museum info  you linked, on the exhibit,  that would have been a very informative/interesting  exhibition.

CLYNN enjoyed your kitty today; so glad y'all missed out on the cicadas this season; also tks for DNN and Hellgate nests updates, that Finn  :-*

LISA in my life I"ve parented two black cats, "Niki' when I was little and 'Sam'antha later.  Black cats are special.  ;)
That's a great Caturday this AM. LOL Buster.

PUFF No. Our 'allotment' stayed here.  Sounds like  a lot of insect critters  to sweep up. Yuck. That was a hungry robin!

LANI that lady has beaucoup chats. Luv your Caturday about cats.

KAREN
  :)

BL tks for  news article on wondering donkey dwelling w/ elk herd. I think Terrie Drewry is doing right by Diesel .

« Last Edit: June 22, 2024, 05:13:45 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

Phyl

« Reply #5612 on: June 22, 2024, 05:09:30 PM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

June 21, 2024: NestFlix and Chill!

June 21, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/06/21/june-21-2024-nestflix-and-chill/

Phyl

« Reply #5613 on: June 22, 2024, 05:20:55 PM »

Phyl

« Reply #5614 on: June 22, 2024, 05:21:15 PM »

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5615 on: June 22, 2024, 06:11:32 PM »

TIG  Water was the important thing for Camper.  Good that he came around.  Interesting exhibit.  Would have gone myself.  So much to learn which is why I'm now reading Erik Larsson's new book " Demon of Unrest"  All the history leading up to Ft Sumpter.   I 've read and enjoyed many of his books.  Fav. being Devil in the White City.

BL   LOL  Looks like Diesel became the alpha of the pack   ;) ;)  Living his best life for sure. ;)

PHYL   You have to wonder what the eagle and kingfisher were thinking with all that time together.  :o :o   Awww  Mom and the mallard babies - Nap time kids!
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5616 on: June 22, 2024, 06:17:28 PM »

Diesel the Donkey thinks he's an elk .. well I guess he sort of is now.   ;)

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/a-pet-donkey-disappeared-in-california-five-years-ago-hes-been-spotted-living-with-a-herd-of-wild-elk/1661750

Awww.  :-* :-* :-* for Diesel the Donkey - now the protector of an elk herd.  :-* :-* :-*  Good story, BL:)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #5617 on: June 22, 2024, 06:46:48 PM »

So much to learn which is why I'm now reading Erik Larsson's new book " Demon of Unrest"  All the history leading up to Ft Sumpter.   I 've read and enjoyed many of his books.  Fav. being Devil in the White City.

TSK, I read and loved Devil in the White City back when it was first published. Awesome book and story! It was a book of stories within stories!!  I learned sooo much while reading it.  With my architecture background, it really piqued my curiosity about many of the historical portions of that book.  It even led me to do some follow-up reading of some non-fiction writings on the very famous and influential, though not really widely known by many these days, Frederick Law Olmsted! He was so accomplished in so many ways, and

Just a brief summary, and a few blurbs about some of Olmstead's work at, and around, the US Capitol building:
https://www.aoc.gov/explore-capitol-campus/frederick-law-olmsted

He's the reason we have a US Forestry Service, and National Forests!

Brief informative inscription from a plaque about him, at Biltmore Estate, where he established our country's first scientifically managed forest:
https://read-the-plaque.appspot.com/plaque/frederick-law-olmsted-at-biltmore

Here's a good place for more. A quick scroll down the main page of this website will give a good overview of some of his most famous parks and places, with some great photos. There are also many links to delve more deeply for those interested in more there:
https://olmsted.org/
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #5618 on: June 22, 2024, 07:07:09 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

I have to believe it's a Caturday Saturday, because you all say so!  ;) :D  But this has not felt like Saturday to me. All day! Weird. LOL.

I wasted a bunch of this day trying to troubleshoot a funky development in my Microsoft Edge browser display... It just started happening out of the blue yesterday, and it didn't go away overnight. Grrr. I won't go into it, but it apparently has plagued many, many others, over the last several years! Finding that out makes me a little P.O.d with you-know-what company, because it is surely a known issue to them, but still is a buggy problem for many people, and so that company has apparently decided not to own up to a straightforward fix for it. In a more formal setting, I would say, "That gripes my butt."  8)

Moving right along...  ;D

I haven't had dinner yet, so you know what that means... I've got the hongries!! So I'm going to drain the vodka bottle, and make one last dirty vodka martini... it will probbly only make a half of a martini, but that's okay - I have extra olives.  ;) :D  It will set me right to cook a rather large, yummy crabcake waiting in my fridge, to have with some bodacious veggie slaw I made this weekend by way of totally stumbling into a yummy mix off add-in ingredients to the small bag of shredded organic green and red cabbage and broccoli that was the starter base for my slaw!

Have a good evening, Beakers. Stay cool and above the high water mark. Peace. SED.  :-*

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5619 on: June 23, 2024, 12:05:11 AM »

Lisa, put on a pair of shorts, a t. Sandals. One of Lanis hats and carry a parasol!  Maybe you can find one of those old fashioned cardboard fans, mounted on a tongue depressor!   Have fun!

LOL! Karen! love your description of fan!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5620 on: June 23, 2024, 12:41:26 AM »

Kb, dog on roof ??? Great help from the fire department...That's got to be an interesting story.

Puff, oh no, Cicadas  :-\

Phyl, cute black cat morning pics... Interesting story about the sub adult and Decorah North parents reaction to it.  Thanks for RRP update.

Clynn, baby cubs nursing sounds  ;D

Lisa, Buster on the roof! Cute pup! ;D

Tsk, it was a very cloudy, humid day here.  We made a last minute decision to go to Costco and Trader Joe in Scottsdale this morning. Glad to get that done, traffic wasn't too bad.... I thought of Claire when I saw my Caturday pic too.

{{{Tig and Camper}}}, I hope Camper is feeling better.... that looks like an excellent exhibition.

BL, Diesel living his best life!

Baz, sorry about your computer... no song for "that gripes my butt." I'm still humming My hips don't lie. enjoy your dinner and rest of evening.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 10:29:28 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #5621 on: June 23, 2024, 06:34:55 AM »

Good Morning Everyone... Happy Sunday!

Currently: 76F  sunny , High  93F light rain showers,  with  Low 72F

[b]Lani[/b]  Oh my ! LOL your 'Good Night' yesterday. How funny. [/size]

Prayers for:  The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. 
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 06:38:55 AM by Phyl »

Puff

« Reply #5622 on: June 23, 2024, 06:42:10 AM »

tsk   baz  I too have my copy of Devil in the White City!  Triple the recommendation.

Let me mention first and up front - I seldom, very seldom, read fiction.  He really entertwined his "report" very well.  Factually and artistically true.  Most of it personally part of my growing up in Chicago.  Don't know how many times I was drawn to the Museum of Science and Industry when I lived there.  My two most visited beaches were North Avenue and Rainbow beach.  I also got "degreed" at Chicago Teachers' College, a stone's throw away from the Hyde Park / University of Chicago area of his background locations.  I spent much time reading his story and arranging his background facts to fit my reality from about 50's to the 80's.

Fact over fiction . . .

P     
« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 06:46:18 AM by Puff »

Puff

« Reply #5623 on: June 23, 2024, 06:59:04 AM »

Wow - Just got a gander of Trout Creek.  It's really full and flowing, runoff pond full, deep dunking for geese to get down for food morsels.

We had a lot of reporting going on in our area last night, too.  I'll check out the late news later today on the late night reported tornado northwest of Chicago, Crystal Lake.  Rolled closed by you tsk ?

I dropped off somewhere last night and missed my weather - but sump pump keeps switching on this morning.  Looks like a pleasant forecast for today, even no more 90 degrees for a couple days!

P

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5624 on: June 23, 2024, 07:18:19 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, great idea, a teapot for a bird feeder, and if water got in, it would drain!  And run out, but they eat off the ground too! Love the little man bird feeder! Wonderful pictures in Amy's Blog! Good news all around! And there's BOB!

Puff, I have not read Devil in the White City, but I know my sisters and Mom have. I will have to find a copy, AbeBooks usually has everything at great prices! Becky belongs to a very active book club, I know they read that one. They are always talking books! I love crime and mystery, I have every Stephen King and John Grisham book and many others.

Lani, I wish I had thought to take a picture of Sophie when I found her on the roof of the garage! I have been working on all the beads, etc. that Kay had. 56+ containers full. I have put it off for a year and am tired to looking at them stacked up in my eBay room!  What a job! Glad you and Mike were able to make a run to the Valley!

baz, I probably have that Edge glitch that you are having. I am ready for Erin to take a look at my PC and clean it up! It's been getting slow at responding and i am sure my cookies and stuff need to be taken care of! Gripes my butt too! I love it when they 'fix' something that affects something else. That happened often at work, they weren't great on testing! Your dinner sounds good!  I think I remember Olmsted's plaque at Biltmore, that place was so beautiful and unique! I remember the bamboo growing on the side of the road on the way in, no doubt set there by Olmsted!

BL, great story of Diesel and the elk herd! Wild Heart Ranch has a donkey named Bunny that guards all of the fawns when they have them, they are great protectors!

Dunrovin - Winnie and the first little one! - Kitty Carlisle     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu4u0PbnJWU

Decorah North - checking the fallen nest again!

Hellgate - the whole family last evening!

« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 07:40:54 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown