Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 398495 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4905 on: May 28, 2024, 06:39:51 AM »

LANI   Very sad backstory to that Eric Clapton song.  :'(

PHYL   Hope you can get it all straightened out with Maggie's meds and your own health care appts.  Interesting about  the H5 N1 so far, manifested in the eye.  :o  Quiet solitude on the Flyway this AM

CLYNN   I know for humans, scrips can't be renewed unless you're seen by doc if it's been a year.  I can understand that.  But didn't realize cat food prescriptions came under that same umbrella.  How cute is that stroller.  When outside are they harnessed in?  Missing man formation always gets me teary...  Devil's slide - amazing.  Another something new to my eyes.
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4906 on: May 28, 2024, 07:03:11 AM »

CLynn the practice has adopted/hired a 'lead veterinarian' . I always ask for Dr  Steele maybe she wasn't available .   I'll call Publix Pharma and check if
the request was processed--If not---arghhh---I'll have to call Southside ^&%#@   . There's another 'thing' ---in Tenn a vet can have the State take your pet
right out of your arms if, they (vet) deems you're a threat to your pet's life and aren't properly caring for them. Can you just imagine?!
On the rabies vax it's state law regardless all 'animals must have rabies-no exceptions. I've done research and most states allow for exceptions ie age and health issues.

Jim has allowed the volunteer tree issue to get out of hand---with under growth around the willow---It does look like a 'forest'. Plus  the company that mows the retention pond will not mow the back side of the willow and that of  the volunteer trees which is responsibility of the HOA/development owner.  So they've let it grow up and we don't have the equip to clear it. Nor does Jim have the desire to fight it.
Frustrating for me as  I prefer a more manicured appearance to my grounds. So I've told Jim. I'm hiring a company to remove them by up rooting  or at least cut the others down leaving just a small amount of stump that we can manage. The undergrowth they can just dig up too.

Originally, all we had was the willow  that's now in the center of the mess.  The willow is 22yrs old and pretty by itself--- esp. when it was all clean and clear around it.
As I said the wild birds favor the willow.  The Ribbon elm are to the left and the red bud to the right. Now obscured by the willow.
I did my best to get Jim to move the red bud when it was a 'sapling' and move it next to the deck so when it grew and took shaped it would make a
pretty  bit of privacy. But no go.

Hi Tsk The issue w/Maggie is she's not gotten her Rabies vax and the lead vet has screwed up on her wellness and wants me to make a special appt
due to her mistake and thus an extra office visit of $100 on top of all the other.  I know full well what I'll have to do---cave. I hope Maggie is healthy
enough for the Rabies---
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

LisaG1967

« Reply #4907 on: May 28, 2024, 10:11:39 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - Glad to hear the parade went on, and lots attended.  It was a very stormy night here last night.  Pretty morning pic. 

Lani - Thank you  :-*

((Phyl)) - Lots on your plate.  I hope you get it all sorted. Thanks for links and pics.

clynn
- Thank you for thinking of me.   :-* Oh my gosh, what cute pics of S & S in the stroller.  If I did that with Bandit, he would never want to come back inside...LOL!

A pic of Sydney from this weekend, enjoying her water table.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4908 on: May 28, 2024, 11:42:28 AM »

PHYL   What is the view beyond the ribbon elms?  the pond?  Hope the company can do what you want done.    I may have been confused by how you said it but it seems to me if an animal is being abused by its owner, I would hope someone would remove it from the home. Right?   I agree, the cost of the vet visits are something else!  Maybe fee could be waved?

LISA   How cool is that water table  ;D ;D ;D.  So many new things for kids these days. She looks like she really enjoys it too  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #4909 on: May 28, 2024, 11:55:05 AM »

LISA   How cool is that water table  ;D ;D ;D.  So many new things for kids these days. She looks like she really enjoys it too  ;) ;)

A Water Table ?  :)   8)

Heck now I even want one.    ;)
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4910 on: May 28, 2024, 12:19:57 PM »

Let's check on our beautiful Albie chicks TF and TFT! Weigh Day!! ;D

Kia ora koutou (hello everyone)

Top Flat chick is 126 days old and weighs 9.6 kg at 10.30am. He was 8.7 kg last week on day 119 so has increased 900 g. Average male weight for day 126 is 9.4kg. There have been several feeds from both parents since the last weigh in.

Top Flat Track chick is 118 days old and weighs 10.4 kg the heaviest chick weighed today.  :o He was 8.2 kg last week on day 111 so has gained 2.2 kg in a week. There have been several feeds since the last weigh from WYL and BOK.

It was very windy on Sunday, but the chicks all stayed down and are fine. Although being blown off a nest is an issue for some species of albatross, the northern royal albatross has flatter nests than species where this is an issue. The toroa at Pukekura can get back onto the nest and will wander from the nest to practise their nest building skills.

Early this Monday morning these two boys are looking beautifully fluffy!LOL!  ;D

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl,  I don't like it when vets switch care for my fur babes too  :( ... I pray you can return to what is best for Miss Maggie and you.... very interesting article about the lithium reservoir under Pennsylvania. I sent the article to Mike.... DN eaglets are gorgeous. I hate these owl strikes.  :( ... love owls, but far away LOL! ... {{{awww Newman I pray all good things will happen for you. }}} :-*

Clynn, S&S look very sweet in their stroller!  yes, I love Kansas very much. The midwest was a momentous change in my life. From Hawaii to Kansas with its ups and downs. There were more ups (I've always been the "glass is half full person)."... I feel Kansas is where I grew up,. God, I wish I could do it all over again! LOL!  8) .... and again, my apologies for messing up my iPhone. I'm so looking forward to Aly helping me fix up my tech messes on phone and computer when she visits in July. I keep adding to her "Honey Do list." .... Devil's Slide is interesting. I looked it up, the folklore stuff is crazy.

Karen, how are your finch babies?

Lisa, adorable pic of Miss Sydney, what a great water table! My girls would have loved that! They were water babies.  I can't believe Sydney's not even a year old. Looking forward to 1st birthday pics!  ;D

Hi Tsk, Eagles, Puff, Oldguy, Kb :)

BL!  ;D

Goodness, something must be in the air today.
I've been sneezing all morning.  ???

« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 12:19:56 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #4911 on: May 28, 2024, 01:37:11 PM »

tsk - There are much more cooler toys now for kids, then when Bradley was little. 

BrokenLug - LOL!!!

Lani - Bradley was an early walker, so I think Sydney will be too.  She seems to be standing up pretty good along side things. She also takes after her Dad, in having no teeth yet.  He was a late tooth-cutter. I hope your sneezes go away, and its not something else.  Thanks for the Royal update. 

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4912 on: May 28, 2024, 01:59:57 PM »

So friggin cool...watched 2 fly arounds over my house to the Veterans Park in Richfield during a thunderstorm!.

I have to look up the old name of the 4 planes...I forgot....I waved at them...

After the second fly around over my house, one plane separated and the other 3 headed to very dark clouds.

Amazing...small hail here as well.

Thank you!...made me cry.

Turns out I read they are T-34 Mentor airplanes.

BTW they are very loud...louder than thunder in the clouds!

someone snapped this one!

((KB)), sorry I missed getting into The Beak yesterday... Hugs to you on Scott's Heavenly Birthday yesterday.

And you also got to see those wonderful vintage aircraft fly over! The T-34 are very cool planes.

You're making me go back in time to a previous life... LOL. I learned to fly at a small country airport where a lot of retired pilots had their own hangars with the vintage aircraft they owned and flew out of that fixed base. I was one of only a small handful of women pilots or student pilots there (only 2 others I can recall now), but the "regulars" there, the retired men pilots, took me under their wing, so to speak, and were so nice to me and included me in many of their "doings." What a great bunch of people! Most had flown in the military during the Korean War and/or during the Vietnam War, and then had become commercial airline pilots after their military service, and they were all retired from their time as commercial pilots, too, so they were around a lot. Lucky for me, they often invited me to fly "right seat" on the weekends in one or another of their really cool vintage aircraft - all different kinds, including open cockpit, and various military trainer planes. One of those pilots invited me to fly with him in his T-34, front seat for me, of course. Very cool - only time I've gotten to fly in a sliding canopy military trainer plane, and I got to take the controls for a bit on the leg of our return back to the airport. I also got to enjoy some aerobatics in it when he did barrel rolls! It was a blast, and made for a special entry in my Log Book.

This is what it's like being in one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0HDUMVcISQ
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #4913 on: May 28, 2024, 02:27:16 PM »

So friggin cool...watched 2 fly arounds over my house to the Veterans Park in Richfield during a thunderstorm!.

I have to look up the old name of the 4 planes...I forgot....I waved at them...

After the second fly around over my house, one plane separated and the other 3 headed to very dark clouds.

Amazing...small hail here as well.

Thank you!...made me cry.

Turns out I read they are T-34 Mentor airplanes.

BTW they are very loud...louder than thunder in the clouds!

someone snapped this one!

((KB)), sorry I missed getting into The Beak yesterday... Hugs to you on Scott's Heavenly Birthday yesterday.

And you also got to see those wonderful vintage aircraft fly over! The T-34 are very cool planes.

You're making me go back in time to a previous life... LOL. I learned to fly at a small country airport where a lot of retired pilots had their own hangars with the vintage aircraft they owned and flew out of that fixed base. I was one of only a small handful of women pilots or student pilots there (only 2 others I can recall now), but the "regulars" there, the retired men pilots, took me under their wing, so to speak, and were so nice to me and included me in many of their "doings." What a great bunch of people! Most had flown in the military during the Korean War and/or during the Vietnam War, and then had become commercial airline pilots after their military service, and they were all retired from their time as commercial pilots, too, so they were around a lot. Lucky for me, they often invited me to fly "right seat" on the weekends in one or another of their really cool vintage aircraft - all different kinds, including open cockpit, and various military trainer planes. One of those pilots invited me to fly with him in his T-34, front seat for me, of course. Very cool - only time I've gotten to fly in a sliding canopy military trainer plane, and I got to take the controls for a bit on the leg of our return back to the airport. I also got to enjoy some aerobatics in it when he did barrel rolls! It was a blast, and made for a special entry in my Log Book.

This is what it's like being in one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0HDUMVcISQ

so very cool, Baz!.thanks for sharing....They are loud and I loved it...as they went right over my house 3 times to circle around the VA cemetery and a memorial at our city VA park...

As you know, I'm afraid to fly now after flying for Western Airlines for 6 1/2 years....and I flew in the "good ol days" when most of our commercial pilots were from the military in Vietnam..

I do always say though: I'd ride in Air Force One if I had the opportunity, LOL

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4914 on: May 28, 2024, 02:51:32 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

Clynn and Lani, thank you for posting the collages yesterday.  :-* :-*

Clynn, LOL on Sam and Sophie in their strollers!!! They look like they are having a blast!!  :D What keeps them from jumping out while  you're strolling? I have a feeling Harley is a "no go" on the stroller rides... or does he wait his turn?

Phyl, I hope things will work out for Maggie's Rx without having to shell out for an appt at the vet... that's one way they make more money.  ::) ::)  It sounds like you're going to be removing a lot of trees and shrubs. I hope you can wait till nesting season is over if there's any chance that there are active nests in any of them, since it's that time of year. Thanks for sharing the pics of your sweet little fat Cane Ridge bluebird babies - the last of the pics inside their nest before they fledge... soon you will be seeing them chasing after their parents for feedings at your deck! :) :-*

((Lisa)), I've been thinking of you, and hope you could de-stress a bit over the long weekend. What a fun picture of little Sydney and her new water table! That's a fun thing I've never seen before.  :D  :-* I hope you and Bradley didn't have any storm damage from the line of storms that blew through that area last night.

KB, fun to get to see the flyovers, and Missing Man formation, too.

Tig, hope things get better for you there soon

Karen, glad all that To Do list was spread out for several days. I wondered if you got any of the severe weather from the storms yesterday evening.

E4E, glad you could take your mom out to the grave sites. I owned 5 motorcycles over the time I rode, but only 4 could actually be ridden, because 1 of them was bought in a box to put together - yeah, that never happened, LOL! Sold it still in the box.  ;)  Long ago and far away - a different previous life... just before the previous life when I learned to fly.  ;D 8)

We just had a severe thunderstorm blow through, and it just stopped... got a good dose of pea sized hail, with some larger hail about dime or nickel sized... before the big downpour of rain, which we needed. Ahh... it cooled things down! Now it's heating back up again. LOL. Think I will go out and see if my car roof got dimpled, which I doubt happened since the hail was so small, I hope... talons crossed!  Oops... not yet - it just started raining again. LOL.

Prayers for all in the path of the severe storms the last few days... so many people killed, and so many lost all or much of their property.. just awful, across a number of states.

Stay safe, ((Beakers)).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 02:56:57 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #4915 on: May 28, 2024, 03:34:58 PM »

Nice memories Baz!   I think most military pilots  have nerves of steel!   Good in an emergency!

Lisa, darling picture!   Sydney seems older!   Neat toys!   Had rain last evening and around 1 as well!  Both cane with warnings, lots of thunder and a whose lot if lightning!   Took 1 or 2  degrees  off of our highs for a week!

Phyl, I like your trees!  I would have them trimmed up so one could mow under them and sit back  and enjoy!  Not my yard tho!  Lol.
I have a real issue with who ever wrote your laws!  If Maggie  were  titered I would bet she has enough vaccine for 7 cats!   The strange thing about that Vaccine is thaT  the potency is reduced for a while after a new  shot.  I could not deal with it!

Eagles, my license  for the motorcycle is to  DRUVE  it, not to ride!  Think .baz may have the same thing!    But I see, she did Drive!    Lol!  I have never driven one in my life but on occasion I have been a back seat rider!   Maybe it’s just a southern thing! J

Lani, albies looking good!

Fabulous landscapes clynn!   Cute Siamese!
  The Finch  nest is from last season!  They did not try to move it, nor did I!  Prior  to last year their attempts to build a nest in this location were not successful!  Wind kept blowing the material out of the corner.
Seds all!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 09:12:23 PM by karengramke »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4916 on: May 28, 2024, 06:28:05 PM »

LANI   TFT is a real tubby  - 22.88#   LOLOL

BAZI   Hey, I think I can fly a T-34 now  ;D ;D  Very cool blast from your past.  Gosh.  I sure hope you didn't get hail dinged.
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #4917 on: May 28, 2024, 11:31:52 PM »

Karen;  Enjoy those cute little baby finches peeking out the nest!!

Tsk;  Like what you told Clynn;  That you liked the collage of the memorial for the Beakers, but that you hope no more get added too soon!!

Phyl;   Hope you are able to work things out with your vet office for the care of your sweet Maggie.  I do hope they will be fair with you.  I don't know if things are different in your town, but when I had my little Star (my precious 5 lb chihuahua), my Vet office gave Seniors, age 65 & over, a 5% discount on everything. :)      More than that though, I wish they wouldn't charge you the full price for an office visit.  They should only charge for the Rabies shot.  Hope they are fair to you.
Oh no, don't like to hear about an Owl strike, but glad to hear that they are all safe at the DNN nest.

Clynn;  Sam & Sophie look so cute, sweet, and comfortable in the stroller!

LisaG; Little Sydney having fun with her water table is so precious!!!!  Her hair is long! :)   

Lani;   Thank you for Albie updates!!!

Baz;  You owned 5 motorcycles!!!!! ;D Wow!!!!

Karen;  'Backseat driver' !!!!  Hey- That's important too!!!! ;D 8)

Clynn; Have a fun day with your Munchkins tomorrow!!!! ;D

Tig, Puff, Og, Lori, Bl - good evening.

I may be catching up here in the afternoon tomorrow as in the morning, I will be getting ready to attend a funeral/celebration of life in a nearby town (40 minute drive) - leaving here at 9:15.

Good night & SEDs - stay safe.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4918 on: May 29, 2024, 12:29:47 AM »

Tsk, TFT is a big boy for sure! Both chicks parents have done a fantastic job!

{{{Eagles}}} I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, safe travels.  :-*

SED Karen  :)

Lisa, I'm still sneezing, the cats are giving me the evil eye. LOL. I think have a good ole fashion cold or allergies.  :-[

Good night!

Trempealeau Eaglets are doing well.  ;D

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4919 on: May 29, 2024, 06:02:43 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, I had to chuckle at the cats giving you the evil eye when you sneeze! I know what you mean, I sometimes have sneezing fits where I sneeze several times. The cats think I am a time bomb or something! Great update on the Albies. That TFT chick is almost 23 pounds huge!  Good news on the Trempealeau kids, I keep forgetting we have that nest!

E4E, Erin will be dropping the Munchkins off around 7:30 this morning, on his way to work. I usually go get them but the school Sydney works at isn't out until Friday so Erin is in charge!  The first thing I will probably do is braid Bella's hair!

karen, so Finches return to the same nest it sounds like!

baz, you were quite the adventurer in your days! Airplanes and motorcycles...is there more? Great video!  ;D  What did you do for a living, if I may ask? I can bet you weren't an accountant or anything like I was!  The stroller for the cats, the top pulls down and fastens in the front. I'll get a picture of it. I haven't taken Harley outside in the stroller yet, but he likes sitting in it inside!

Lisa, what a sweet little Sydney at her water table! Looks like she really gets into it! Bella had one when she was that age, and she still loves to stand on a stool at the sink and 'wash' dishes or fruit! And she still manages to get wet!

tsk, there is a cord inside the stroller that you can hook to a collar on the pet, but I would be afraid the cats would get all tangled up!

Wild turkeys!

Hellgate - The Great Finn! 💙

From karen:

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2FBirdCast.info%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1qtv9XpZyiJ6pdPQTsj9cducdPyQfGPUTVvaXTMkC3Fjcbfbsak_dQ_yw_aem_AfXstFzPmIFFOhK7zYYsLjQRQRn8uNq8FdDLX5ZW-gcsGoDEb3Wj5QMeSP8Dwnw9LLxCU-Gk6jyqNZBZGf6d_TOZ&h=AT1dd9zOQsoY08kQYX3KmJBgfCgGBgbLAygi8b04yl1_ImzzY1jlwvjDUcN02dk2SjrlBlleJ0z_F-KTHJo5MU-P1l-_DNh3pwsAjVOL-u_lQpxi-fzV0z_T7FomiuAwrS_VhaxpT39w&s=1

« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 06:10:23 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown