Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 507921 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3435 on: April 11, 2024, 06:35:54 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, great 365, looks like a male showing off his stuff to win the female, funny sounds! Thanks for the articles, will read a little later.  48 now, high 59 today with some possible rain. I remember that Peacock! Good to hear that you and Jim are feeling better! Hope Miss Maggie is feeling good as well!

baz, stay safe and pamper that hand...

Lani, there is also the face cats make after a butt sniff, and I learned that it actually has a name: When a cat sniffs another cat’s butt, they will often open their mouth slightly and curl their lips back in a behavior known as the Flehmen Response. This behavior helps them direct the scent to their Jacobson’s organ for analysis. I had no idea!  I hope you enjoy your In and Out burger today, sometimes there is nothing better than a good burger! Thank you for bringing the Royal Albys reports to the Beak! Hmmm, is Mr. T bringing fish to the nest?

karen, hope you and Piper are dry and safe!

E4E, now my only problem with the cats is the food. Harley, of course, enjoys getting at the kitten food instead of his prescription food!  I haven't got that all sorted out yet!

Lisa, I like fresh flowers too! Not a bouquet from the florist, but a few from the garden in a simple vase. I am going to try to grow some zinnias this year, they look pretty in a vase and seem to last a while. The kittens aren't yet able to get up on the counter so I don't know if they would bother flowers! I bet your Mom is getting excited for the Miss Fisher Con!

Sue Bruhling - Good morning! Awwwww! The Dynamic Duo! DN17 & DN18 ❤ "Cuteness Overload" at its Finest!!! ❤
Decorah North Eagles - April 10, 2024 - Thank You! Debbie Botelho for sharing with your Picture with us! ❤

The breathtaking sights along the mighty Colorado River.  It was named Rio Colorado, which means river color red, by Spanish explorers in the 16th or 17th century.  People have lived along its banks for some 8,000 years and each indigenous group had its own name for various stretches of the river.
Today it supplies water to 40 million people, irrigating the farmlands that provide us food and generates gigantic quantities of electricity.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 06:48:14 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #3436 on: April 11, 2024, 06:47:02 AM »

Good Morning!  Storm began picking up an hour ago!   How does 10-12 inches of rain sound?   That is the estimate!  Yard flooded as far as I can see!  Dark as pitch!   Lol, almost a total eclipse !  No corona though!  Wish I had one of those  grassy patch boxes here for Piper.  She does not want to go out!  Rain to stop about noon or a little after!   Expecting wind after that and dryer, cooler air!   Nice weekend predicted!   
The help is expected today but  I would not be surprised if she stays home.  Lots of road closures and she lives in a county south of here!
Lisa, hope your Mama is dry!  Mobile took a hit.
Mrs. t looks ok this am!   Mr. t is a  no show man!  Love em and leave em type!

Lol, Phyl, saw that article on pregnancy and aging!
Stay dry!

Good morning Clynn

Note,  i coffected the rain amount in a kater post!  Only 3 plus inches!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 02:58:16 PM by karengramke »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3437 on: April 11, 2024, 07:01:19 AM »

GOOD MORNING

Not raining here and this afternoon altho cloudy and cool should be rain free.  Hoping to get some mulch down today...

LISA  Miss Fisher Con is in NO  How great is that for Mom and she even helped put it together.  What fun for her  ;D.  Saw the devastation from the storms yesterday - NE of NO... :o

KAREN  Hope the rains weren't too bad last night. Be safe.  Just read your AM report - scary!  Poor Piper.

LANI  Lulu smells everything.  The gag look also come if she smells me chewing spearmint gum  LOL

BAZI   Take care today

PHYL  A memory morning for us today.  ;D  Prairie chickens have a beauty of their own. 365  :)   Well let's hope that quake doesn't occur  :o

CLYNN  Lots of daisys this AM  :)   Sue's pic of 17 and 18 is precious  :D   Cool hwy along the River cliffs
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #3438 on: April 11, 2024, 07:49:16 AM »

Had a break in the rain and Piper waded out to a high pine straw bed around a few tres to go potty!  Such a good girl!    Think it is moving out and north and east!  Temps currently 71 with a high if 81!    Friday and Saturday will see highs only in the 70’s then back to highs in the 80’s.
Just think the rain we are estimated to have would be  3 plus feet of snow!
Schools are closed!  We have rain closures, not snow days!  Lol
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 03:00:09 PM by karengramke »

Puff

« Reply #3439 on: April 11, 2024, 07:57:32 AM »

Cold and damp tsk  Rain here is just misty/drizzle.  Careful about doing the mulch.  Mike Caplan just said after the rain stops the wind starts.  Might be blowing away the mulch?  Cool again tomorrow, but 70/80 looking good in a couple days. 

Morning all.  Especially the early risers.  Why do we do that????\

P

karengramke

« Reply #3440 on: April 11, 2024, 09:02:16 AM »

As I suspected, no help today!  Highway 84 is flooded and police have closed the road!  Cant plow or salt!  Lol.  Do not know of closures other than that one but suspect there are many others!  Thankfully we have power, coffee, tv, phone and computer!   What more can one want!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 03:02:21 PM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #3441 on: April 11, 2024, 10:16:39 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen and all - OMG, 10-12 inches of rain!  Mama said, they had like two rounds of heavy rains where the sky got totally dark.  It does not flood in her neighborhood, but it does in other parts of Mobile, near downtown area. 

Lani - Thanks for the pic of Mrs. T and her fish.  I peeked in early this morning, and all looked good thru the night. 

E4E - Mama is doing good. 

Lani - Yea, I think she is happy she doesn't have to ride in a plane to the Con this year.  She swears she caught the Covid from the plane ride home last year.  I wish I was going with her, but I will be in Decorah.  :D

((baz)) - Thinking of you. 

Phyl - Glad to hear that the Delsym is working for you. Thanks for the 365, RRP and other links.

clynn - Mama is very excited about the Con, it's all she talks about...LOL! Oh, Zinnias are pretty and I bet they would look great in a vase.  Aww, the DNN kiddos.  Wow, breathtaking sights for sure!

tsk - Love your morning greeting.  I am waiting Mama's call, but what I mentioned above was from her last call around 6pm last night.  We are cloudy today, but a lil warm at 70°. 

Puff, kb, tig and all - Morning  :)

karengramke

« Reply #3442 on: April 11, 2024, 10:24:12 AM »

Ah,  sun is out!  More flooding and windy conditions by 1-2 pm!   If the wind is not too strong, it will have a nice drying effect!  Not the flooded parts but those surfaces that are just wet!    My last. Weather report til the next  chapter!
Pretty daiseys this am, Lisa!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3443 on: April 11, 2024, 11:14:01 AM »

KAREN  So happy to have a break so Piper could do the "right thing"  LOL  Boy when you hit the 80's it will really be humid with all that water hanging around.    " Rain days  - not snow days"  :o    Yes you have everything you need  ;D

PUFF   Yes drizzle - enough to soften my hair as Mom used to say.  We should be able to go get the mulch, at least, soon.

LISA   Pretty "blanket" in your AM pic.  A loom product?
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #3444 on: April 11, 2024, 12:29:26 PM »

Well, well, well. My early morning weather report was wrong!  Maybe they were saying that it was raining at the rate of so many inches per  something  but, in fact the flooding and road and school closures were the result of 
3  plus inches!    I had to correct my reporting! 
Yardpools are gone and Piper had a nicetime outside!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 03:04:52 PM by karengramke »

BrokenLug

« Reply #3445 on: April 11, 2024, 03:27:11 PM »

Karen I did see quite a few rain gauge reports in the 7" to 9" range south and west of Valdosta.

So you and Piper did get off "easy" in the 3" to 4" zone up by you.   :)
U. S. A.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3446 on: April 11, 2024, 03:29:44 PM »

Hey Beakers!

All good here - loads of rain, some thunderstorms, lots and lots of wind, and will have high winds tonight, tomorrow, and tomorrow night, with winds expected to gust higher tomorrow than today. Right now, officially at my airport weather reporting station, winds are sustained at 25 mph, and gusting at 45 mph! The trees and 2-story high shrubs out my back windows are going nuts in the wind. LOL.

Enjoyed reading the posts, and glad everyone checking in is safe and above the high water mark. Hope all stay that way!

Karen, just now, live on The Weather Channel, they reported that Valdosta's rainfall today has been 5.5 inches, and they said Valdosta's average rainfall for the month of April is 3.63 inches. And they said today is your wettest April day on record!! So you made the national news on The Weather Channel today! I always say if I see my town on that channel, it's usually not for a good reason.  ;) Congrats to Piper for treading to the pine straw and taking care of business!  ;) Glad you are all safe. and dry inside!!  :-*

That's it 4 me 4 now. Hand.  ::)  Appt with hand ortho tomorrow.

Take care, All.  :-*
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 03:35:31 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #3447 on: April 11, 2024, 04:24:45 PM »

Thanks for thr info,  Land Ba baz!  there was heavy rain!  Windy now.

OJ Simpson died from Cancer!   76!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3448 on: April 11, 2024, 04:30:19 PM »

KAREN   Just caught the early news and lots of video of all the damage down south from the severe weather since Tues.   :o :o  Hard to imagine road closures due to 3" of rain. !!!   Dodged a bullet.    I see now that BAZI reported 5.5" for Valdosta.   Now that is another story!!

BAZI   Good luck tomorrow.  :-*
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #3449 on: April 11, 2024, 04:46:18 PM »

U. S. A.