Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 222376 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3225 on: April 04, 2024, 11:39:14 PM »

BL, there's a small family restaurant in Star Valley that serves the the best fresh trout daily. And that's what I order each time, trout grilled with lemon butter.

Kb, gorgeous home!

{{{Phyl, Jim, Miss Maggie}}}

Eagles, Big Sur River and Park sounds like a lovely area. I hope the repairs will go quickly. Glad for the reservoirs and lakes filling up, also, it may help with the fire season this summer..... whenever you share your weather report and mention rain, I always check on mine and see what's in our future!  ;D ... Yes, Mike arrived home an hour ago. There was some sort of dust up on Highway 87 going to Payson or he would have been home a bit earlier. 10 police cars and highway shut down for 20 minutes. Mike didn't pass an accident when he was able to move on, something was up.

Good night!

RRP's. Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest in Wisconsin. This is Mrs. T.

Praying for those who perished today, their families, the rescuers and community

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eaglesrock, Tsk's friend Maureen, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 09:45:23 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3226 on: April 05, 2024, 12:11:25 AM »

Clynn, dufus! LOLOL. There's a whole lot of dufus going 'round.   ::)  Glad Ed is back to normal... just in the knickers' of time!!   ;D 8)

My get-up-and-go has got up and went.  ::) I'm probably going to lay low this weekend and watch a bunch of men and women play basketball.

;)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdNQt4a6f7g
(lyric starts around 1-minute mark)

Good night. Peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTcb_33-DiI

« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 12:23:17 AM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3227 on: April 05, 2024, 05:59:41 AM »

As much as I 'love' those nerdy guys at NASA.  At first I wondered 'What on Earth has gotten into them?"

A NASA illustration of the upcoming solar eclipse on April 8. (Image credit: NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center)

Why NASA is launching 3 rockets into the solar eclipse next week

Three rockets ferrying science instruments will be launched into the eclipse's shadow on April 8.
Here's what scientists hope to learn.

https://www.livescience.com/space/the-sun/why-nasa-is-launching-3-rockets-into-the-solar-eclipse-next-week?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&lrh=85d7c3d5cd473d225368af62a6ed9988991e13ae1f632526d69b30725b7979c7&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=DC854B99-7023-467A-95E4-2CA18C66D00D&utm_source=SmartBrief

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3228 on: April 05, 2024, 06:07:14 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...TGIF !

Currently: 36F clear  and  High  55F  partly  sunny,  Low 36F[/size

Sure wish I felt as good as that coffee cup looks---sassy and all.
Jim is off at 2pm so plan is to pick me up and head to Kroger' s  Little  Clinic.
 Was feeling  so "puny"  last night that my sitting up to sleep I couldn't decide which bothered me more the 'cold' or  my discs at L4-5 and S1 keeping me awake.
And, not much better todfay.  " Bark, bark, bark!"

Thanks for all the nests updates Lani, CLynn & Puff 

Lani, nice that Mike will he home this w/e.

Lisa loved the lavender wish I had some to sleep with

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Eaglesrock . All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/ 
https://greatergood.com/
https://www.livescience.com/

« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 06:09:37 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3229 on: April 05, 2024, 06:10:41 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #3230 on: April 05, 2024, 06:17:30 AM »

I got a cast iron skillet older than I.   :) 

ate river trout oh you bet it sizzling butter lemon

BL Way back when. . . There's a pic somewhere as I recall - Me about 3 or 4 fishing in the Rockies for R.M. river trout.  We made quite a few trips to the area streams since $$$ was veeeery scarce.  Other good treat though was a whole watermelon laid in the cool water to keep it crunchy.  First thing we'd always plan when we went back "home" to visit family was a trip to visit RMNP (Rocky Mountain National Park).

Another remembrance would be at about 10  yrs old, in Chicago now, when the eclipse not only dropped the temperature but it got real windy!

P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 06:29:06 AM by Puff »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3231 on: April 05, 2024, 06:55:38 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, an X-rated 365! LOLOL! It's Spring! I have never seen a live partridge, thanks! 39 here, 59 for the high today. Sorry to hear you are having double discomfort, with your cold and your back. I hope the clinic cam get you some help. Ed has an old shoulder injury and the nerve in his arm is causing him pain, he said he couldn't sleep much. He said he is going to call the Dr this morning, so I know it's hurting. I agree on the nerdy scientists, I hope what they find out is worth the effort!

baz, yes, a lot of dufus going around! And there's no cure! My Uncle Kenny had some unique names, if I can remember any more I will let you know!  ;D Love the un-plug, otherwise known as re-boot. That was always the first suggestion of the Help Desk at work, and many times it was all that was needed. For humans too, I agree! Sometimes my get-up-and-go does the same thing, it's nice to be retired and take at least part of a day off when needed.

Lani, glad to hear Mike is home safe! I remember some kind of dust or sand storms that would blow up when we were at Luke AFB, I remember we came home from somewhere, the windows had been open and the dust/sand was all over the house where it had blown through the screens! Good picture of the Trempealeau nest, I'll have to check in on that one! It feels like musical nests in Decorah, and we have no eagles to watch there!

Bl, good answer! You must have inherited that old cast iron skillet!

E4E, Spring Break is in the middle of March around here, the week of March 18th, Erin and family went to visit my Mom on Break. I would love to visit Big Sur, makes me think of the Beach Boys, my first music love!

kb, great picture from Thomas Demma, he is a wonderful photographer! I would love to live in the Mary Tyler Moore house, it's beautiful!  And oh, I do know the difference between a cable and a modem. I was just comparing a longstanding issue that was solved so easily when a technician took the time to really look for the issue.

Newspaper Rock is perhaps the largest, most well known, and most easily accessible petroglyph panel in Utah. The 200 square foot panel is covered with more than 650 symbols representing nearly 2,000 years of human history. Learn more on our website: http://tiny.cc/mvg1tz

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #3232 on: April 05, 2024, 07:22:15 AM »

An elephant at sunset....sorry it's not sunrise given it's morning!...LOL

I think Chris could actually work for Comcast at least as a diagnostician at this point. In other words he had the persistence to keep "barking" at comcast after testing everything. Not just the usual reset all devices etc. but knew how to find codes of stuff not working that I'd never seen before.

A few weeks ago, a comcast employee was out and re-ran just a section of cable, testing as he went, but Chris showed him code that disagreed with his machines. He even validated it with a NetGear engineer, the new modem's engineer.

Bottom line, the only interference left was the main cable from pole to house.....grrr.. and very old. Fixed just yesterday.

Wish we buried our cable here, Lani. But, we've all been told it's too expensive to do it, same with our power lines etc..

Spent the day yesterday removing my chicken wire and protection from rabbits around other roses etc in front yard. Today I'll do the back yard..Slowly but surely Spring will show up.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3233 on: April 05, 2024, 07:35:20 AM »

GOOD MORNING

Mostly cloudy heading to 45...

PUFF   You are a good Chicago historian  ;) ;)  Never knew about questionmark pier  ::)

KB    Thomas Demma got some good shots yesterday.  Good camera equipment  :o   Awesome video.  Kind of a vulture like head? That is a grand old home.  Would love to get inside.  :)   Chris should have some on line business where he helps people with computer issues!!  Maybe Comcast will hire him after this experience  ;D

EAGLES  Brings to mind all those who will lose income because of Hwy 1 being closed.  Not as big a physical disaster as the bridge but brings about the same consequences...  :(        Warm February and colder April - backwards  LOL

LANI   Mike home safe  :)

BAZI    Love the Ann Lamott quote - So true in this age of technology applied to ourselves!   I need to look up the times of those games today.

PHYL    Sure hope NASA learns something with this $$$ experiment.  Gosh - getting to the doc in the nick of time it sounds like - Hope you get some relief.

BL  I think cast iron skillets last FOREVER.  ;) ;)

CLYNN   Now those stacked colorful cups would make a great puzzle!!!!  ;D   Never heard of Newspaper Rock either - Fascinating.

Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #3234 on: April 05, 2024, 08:14:37 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....T.G.I.F.!!!

tsk - Have I traveled the modified "S" curve to get to your house?  It is sunny this morning, but I see some rain on the radar for later.

kb - Congrats to Nancy & Beau on their new babies. Very cool about the Mary Tyler Moor house.

E4E - Wow, you did have a mixture of weather yesterday.  Big Sur River Inn & Restaurant looks like a nice place, so sad that they are not getting any business, cause of the road closure.

Lani - Thanks for the pics of Mrs. T, and the DE geese!

Phyl - I hope the lil clinic fixes you up today.  Thanks for the 365, and the NASA link. 

clynn - Love the colorful coffee mugs this morning.  Very interesting about Newspaper Rock. 

Puff, tig, karen and all - Morning  :)

karengramke

« Reply #3235 on: April 05, 2024, 09:52:23 AM »

Good Morning and tgif! 
Earthquake in NYC!  4.8 and really shook some walls!  Did you feel it BL?
58 degrees going to the low  70’s.
Colorful morning pictures Clynn!  Bbl

LisaG1967

« Reply #3236 on: April 05, 2024, 10:00:12 AM »

karen - Did that happen in NYC or NJ?  Jeff is working from home today, and he said some of his co-workers who live closer to Baltimore said they felt it.  I was wondering if BL felt it, too. 

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3237 on: April 05, 2024, 10:02:56 AM »

Clynn, This may be Iris, go back to 6:54am on streaming cam. She tidies up for a couple of seconds too, then flies to her perch.
I always go back through cam to see if she's been there. I hope it's her and not Louis. There are pics on Hellgate Facebook by others, they feel it's her.
But, I'm sure everyone is waiting for confirmation. This is my pic from cam.   🙏  :-*

« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 10:11:14 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #3238 on: April 05, 2024, 10:26:25 AM »

The earthquake was at 10:23 EDT and was located 2 miles south of Tewksbury NJ - so about 40 miles from BL - if he was home, he would have felt it  ;)
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3239 on: April 05, 2024, 10:37:50 AM »

Lani, I can't tell if it's Iris, we need a good close-up so we can see her eyes! I am praying that Louis keeps to himself this year, we so need babies at this nest. I found this video for you from 2014 when the nest was full!   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uCu7WT3r8Y

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown