Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 584760 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #285 on: January 09, 2024, 04:46:12 PM »

Puff just to clarify: When Lani mentions the Rim by her near Payson, AZ she is referring to the Mogollon Rim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mogollon_Rim

The "Rims" of the Grand Canyon are about about 125 miles North of the Mogollon Rim above Payson.  :)

Photo Credit: Richard N Horne.

BL  I knew today's posting was of a location outside of her town.  The "iced" picture I spoke of that caught my awe was of the south rim, looking down into the depth of the canyon.  Either one was awesome - in person all these inspiring views are not to be categorized, merely cherished.  I have an huge edition of memories:  The Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Rocky Mountain N.P., Bryce, the Tetons, Glacier N.P.  So many "views" etched into old brain, never to be forgotten or downgraded.  All these is on a convenient line, US89, south to north.  I just admire them all and I'm glad I have the memories.  (Old mind that it is these remain somehow - Meanwhile I can't find the safe place I put my missing ring.  Which matters more?)

Maybe someone is swifter than I and can recall the Grand Canyon "icing" pic one or two days ago?

P
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 04:48:17 PM by Puff »

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #286 on: January 09, 2024, 05:01:08 PM »

« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 05:03:10 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Puff

« Reply #287 on: January 09, 2024, 05:01:58 PM »

clynn  North Dakota, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Alabama, Arkansas

P

oldguy

« Reply #288 on: January 09, 2024, 05:12:03 PM »

It has been a "WHITE" day around here - this time yesterday our ground was snow free - we still have about 3 hours to go, according to the forecast.  My deck is at 13" at the center - corner railing posts have snow caps of about 10" high.
Went in to work this morning - got there without any problems - left early, after getting 2 key tasks done - very empty store - left at 1:15...  visibility was down to about 500 ft. and roads completely covered with 3-6 inches of slush/wet snow.

Below pics from my door looking at deck rail, cars, lilac bush (about 5 ft high, without snow) now about 2.5 ft. high
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #289 on: January 09, 2024, 06:02:11 PM »

Phyl - Oh no, poor Jim out in all this mess.    I am glad Jeff made it home.  At 4pm, I went up towards the bridge to get my haircut.  The traffic was already starting to get backed up.  They only had one lane open on each span for travel.  An hour ago, they closed the bridge for sustained winds. 

Puff - You be careful if you go out. 

E4E - Does sounds like a fun time. 

clynn - Beautiful snow pics.  I am glad that you got another appointment so quickly. 

kb - Love the pretty pic of Rutt.

oldguy - Pretty snow pics, too!

tsk - Did Tim say that if he got alot of snow in Door County?

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #290 on: January 09, 2024, 06:10:22 PM »

PHYL   " monkfruit" sugar?  New one for me.

LISA   Good reasoning for Jeff.  If they had closed the bridge for wind before he got home would he then have had to get a motel to stay for the night?   Yes Tim got snow but the blowing winds were more of a problem for his exploring around up there.

PUFF  The heavy wet snow started at 1:30 .  Sidewalks are covered but don't think we have more than an inch.  Other burbs got a lot more! - We were on the line between rain or snow. It has stopped for now.  Will catch the weather in a bit on TV   You could knock off 3 of those states in one road trip!!  ;D ;D

CLYNN   At least it is still this week and not another month from now.  Wonder if doc got in at all...  Boy just look at your bird feeder view - WOW   You have a wonderful son and this little side job ( exercise and $$) for him is a good
idea.   ;) ;)  A win win - You get time with the munchkins  ;D    You have that monk fruit sugar?

KB  He went up on Monday so all roads were good.  It has lightly snowed there most of the day - Streets still OK BUT the winds are so strong it blows the snow making it harder to drive as he was exploring up there today.  Wisconsin is pretty good about clearing it's expressways which is 2/3's of his trip.   Glad you got a break on this one!!

OLDGUY  Golly, you really got a big storm - 13" mid deck - Impressive.  Now be so careful about clearing all that snow.
Maybe pay someone to use your new toy   ;) ;)
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #291 on: January 09, 2024, 06:31:13 PM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, are you able to see the rim on your walk? It sounds so beautiful! Found this picture of fresh snow on the South Rim...   Sweet snuggly puppy!

Puff I think it was this image of the South Rim of The Grand Canyon posted by clynn ?   :)
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #292 on: January 09, 2024, 06:36:38 PM »

OG a 13 - 15" snow total for Iowa City sounds about right. In line with last nights NWS forecast of 12-18".

Now the real question for the back and ticker is: is it heavy wet or light powdery ?   ;)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 06:39:52 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

oldguy

« Reply #293 on: January 09, 2024, 06:41:35 PM »

OG a 13 - 15" snow total for Iowa City sounds about right. In line with last nights NWS forecast of 12-18".

Now the real question for the back and ticker is: is it heavy wet or light powdery ?   ;)

Temp all day was near 32 with 20-25 mph winds - very wet/heavy
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

BrokenLug

« Reply #294 on: January 09, 2024, 06:45:49 PM »

Yuck that's like trying to shovel mud with a pitchfork.  ;)

Take it very easy on that cleanup or get some young bucks help ?
U. S. A.

Puff

« Reply #295 on: January 09, 2024, 07:06:28 PM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, are you able to see the rim on your walk? It sounds so beautiful! Found this picture of fresh snow on the South Rim...   Sweet snuggly puppy!

Puff I think it was this image of the South Rim of The Grand Canyon posted by clynn ?   :)

Eureka BL  What was lost was found.  That's what I dubbed "Icing on the Rocks".

tsk My self-imposed rule:  It has to be more than an airport connection to count.  Not just show and go - it is only legitimate if I visit/stay/explore.  Don't forget too, I mentioned that I take a picture of the official "Welcome to xx" state boundary sign.

BrokenLug

« Reply #296 on: January 09, 2024, 07:19:07 PM »

clynn  North Dakota, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Alabama, Arkansas

P

Puff that's kind of funny my not yet explored in states is similar to yours.

North Dakota, Nebraska *, Oklahoma *, Missouri *, Kentucky *.

* My tires have touched the states with asterisks but like you said that just don't count.   ;D
Never got out and explored in these 5 states ... yet.   :)
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #297 on: January 09, 2024, 08:12:38 PM »

Hi Eagles How's Chris's project coming along or is it finished?

Lani I had understood you correctly about 'the rim' near Payson. AZ.   ;) Your rim has an etherealness with the snowfall.

CLynn if the doc is no show ---nobody goes.   :(     Well, at least you can get in this week.  ;) Lovely photos of the  yard and all with the snow. You have a wonderful son and DIL to do all that for you/Ed. So glad you had some time with the Munchkins, too.   'Blue Magik', maybe a good thing to keep in one's panty. 'Mnemonic' poem that's a new one.

KB Know you will ---but take care if ever out and about in this stuff.  Tks for update/photo on 'Rutt'. He looks great and majistic in that snow laden forest. Such a contrast  of his dark 'fur' against the whiteness of the snow.

Hi Lori lovely trib to CLynn's Kay.  Hope you had a nice celebration and all's well on your end. Unless I missed 'something'.  :(

Puff  that's a few states left  to check out

Tsk "monkfruit sugar" from Blue Majik Keto-Paleo Pancake Recipe---a real new one for me!

OG that's a lotta snow.  Y'all take care.  We have some in our forecast later--- in a day or so.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 08:20:49 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #298 on: January 09, 2024, 08:19:49 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs   

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #299 on: January 09, 2024, 08:38:27 PM »

Beautiful snow pictures, clynn and old guy,  You have hit jackpot  on snow!  I like Bl’s comment on shoveling wet, heavy snow!  Terrible experience before snow blowers, etc!  I especially hated moving the snow that was piled up at the juncture of the driveway and the street that was left there by the street plows! Oh, my aching back!    Fo be careful!
Tsk, glad to hear Wisconsin is keeping up with their tradition of clearing the roads!  Even before expressways you could always tell when you left  Il or Wi by the road surface!   Lol!
Wind alert still in effect here until midnight but so far I am not aware of wind!

Phyl and Jim, good luck with medical appointments! 
Lori, waving at you!   Baz, how are things going?