Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 300363 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #270 on: January 09, 2024, 11:14:34 AM »

Lisa, lovethose slipper socks!  Used to havesome!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #271 on: January 09, 2024, 11:22:18 AM »

Right now we have wind gusts up to 30mph and light rain. Wind is SW at 18mph. I suspect, for us,  this is from that nasty weather the midwest and east coast is /will be getting

Tsk/Lisa thanks for well wishes this week---esp for Jim---
 From what I've had to learn on my own about my fracture it could be healed already. But, it still hurts---alot. And that makes me hesitant to reinstate the treatment for the  chronic non-allergic Rhinitis. What I'm seeking is an medical go ahead on the normalcy.

Karen Do take care.

CLynn  I hope you do---But, I'll be surprised if you make your appt today. Your high  later  when  all that snow  drops ---is forecast to be -15F  right on Caucus Day.  :o  I get so concerned for the folks living where winter months are actually winter with snow and ice.

Enjoyed all the morning posts and pictures .
With the weather I won't get to see much in the skies---not this week.  :(

« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 08:16:48 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

LisaG1967

« Reply #272 on: January 09, 2024, 11:29:09 AM »

tsk - I thought that morning pic was appropriate for today.  All, I would need is a Hallmark movie on the TV, and I would be good for the day.  :D

Puff - Morning  :)

karen - Mama just called, and said, we must have had a tornado pass thru here last night.  She said, I just passed Walmart, and a few other businesses and notice trampolines turned over, some brick walls to neighborhoods entrances knocked over and a few other things. 

Phyl - Good thoughts and wishes for your appointment. 

BrokenLug

« Reply #273 on: January 09, 2024, 11:40:48 AM »

Something very unusual weather occurring across the country at this time.
Every single State in the country has some type of weather Advisory, Watch or Warning in some part of the State ..  :o

https://www.weather.gov/

KarenG it looks like the worst of that nasty squall line is past your area now.
Hope your property remained unscathed.

LisaG I do see some wind damage reports near Mobile, AL for yesterday 01/08/24 but no tornado storm damage reports (yet) however.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/reports/?&source=prelim&all&date=20240108

You need to stay weather aware at your location tonight also. You Jeff and the poodie_tats stay hunkered in.  :)

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=38.9904&lon=-76.1578
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 11:57:38 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #274 on: January 09, 2024, 11:53:51 AM »

Good morning Beakers! Photo of The Rim taken by one of the homeowners on a higher elevation in our community (looking East towards Pinetop, you would travel that way if you're on 260 and heading towards New Mexico). See the gorgeous forest we live in below, there are cabins/homes among those trees... We're always walking or hiking throughout these hills.
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

BL, thanks for weather update and links.

{{{Baz and Zippo}}} I hope you both are okay...  thinking of you and sending prayers.

{{{Karen and Piper}}} sending hugs and prayers, take care  :-*

Lisa, love the socks  ;D ... prayers for your mom and residents in her area.  :o

Tsk, oh Tim, Mike feels the same.... prayers Tim will be safe and able to return home.

Phyl, gorgeous day for the beautiful Ermine to take a telescope peek on nature video.... thanks for Nasa information.... gorgeous blueberries and pancakes, it looks porcelain.... prayers for you and Jim.

Clynn, beautiful morning pics.... start looking for Tillamok Peppermint Bark Ice cream in October. It'll be gone by December.... prayers you will be able to attend your doctor's appt today.  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #275 on: January 09, 2024, 12:07:58 PM »

Lani what a gorgeous view of the Rim that house has from the G.C.    8) 8)
U. S. A.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #276 on: January 09, 2024, 12:17:31 PM »

PUFF   Juneau - Wonder if every one knows everyone  LOLOL  It's a captive audience  ;) ;)

KAREN   Wow  You going out and pulling in your tipped over garbage bin is quite a feat!!

PHYL   Great experience for you to see Juneau even for a short time.  :)

LISA   Pretty scary down there in the panhandle area.  Bet they have warnings for the bridge today?

LANI  That is such a beautiful area you live in.  What a view - awesome

Still no snow forming here - Just a rainy sleet - It is 35 degrees.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #277 on: January 09, 2024, 12:45:34 PM »

29 minutes left on our tornado watch!   70 degrees!  Think I will step  out and wash the windows on the sides of the door!
Power out about 5 minutes this afternoon and not I can reset things!
A lot of water in the yard and small bits of trees down but nothing major!  Yard keepers here Friday and will get if cleaned up!  Should be dried up by then!
Lani beautiful picture if your lovely area!
Tsk, safe. Travels to Tim!
Bl, thanks for the weather reports?  This mess is Moving North!  You, Lisa and Baz,  stay safe!

LisaG1967

« Reply #278 on: January 09, 2024, 12:48:42 PM »

BL - Thanks!  Will tell Mama, no tornadoes, just very windy.  Oh, the wind report on your link  has changed from what I read earlier.  I hope all my trees withstand the wind.   :-\

Lani - Gorgeous view! 

tsk - Jeff came home at noon.  He didn't want to cross in the wind and rain this evening.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #279 on: January 09, 2024, 01:10:26 PM »

According to NWS---here in Middle Tennessee, we'll be under a wind advisory for about another day (Wednesday) with wind   and gusts 40-50 mph.  :o   Its noisy with this weather. The wind comes underneath the eaves sounds like we're being lifted . Jim has been out in this  blustery wet mess since 6am and working thru until 5pm. Then he has to make it home.  A warm shower and hot coffee awaits.

Lani here's recipe for the pancakes in my  AM post.    Blue Spirulina Keto-Paleo Pancake Recipe    https://www.blogilates.com/blog/blue-spirulina-keto-paleo-pancake-recipe/

BL  Thanks. Y'all take care.   Albeit for Nashville, TN , I have links in my AM post today.

Karen good news on tornado watch and temps.

Tsk with that sleet  :o   35F Brrrr!

Lisa good Jeff is home. Y'all take care---mama too.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Puff

« Reply #280 on: January 09, 2024, 02:29:06 PM »

PUFF   Juneau - Wonder if every one knows everyone  LOLOL  It's a captive audience  ;) ;)

PHYL   Great experience for you to see Juneau even for a short time.  :)

LANI  That is such a beautiful area you live in.  What a view - awesome

Still no snow forming here - Just a rainy sleet - It is 35 degrees.

From Alaska to Arizona - We Live In A Beautiful Country!!!! 
I better get busy on the states still in my bucket.

Lani - When I saw yesterday's pic of snow in the canyon I thought of "icing on the rocks".  How ever would you manage to describe the view.  First time I saw it, tears - lots of tears, first husband tears also.  A person should be mandated to see the big hole in the ground before they die.  I still get emotional when I go there. 

And now I'm remembering all that beauty BL shared with us.  There's got to be a better work than THANKS for what he shared with us.  How about "Thanks and a big (((((hug))))) to BL.

Tsk - along with knowing everybody they know everybody's business.   ::)

This morning less than an inch had fallen.  Michael cleared walks/drives down to the cement/pavement.  Got up to about 33-34

Now we have lots of big flakes.  Now all is white. Cement/pavement are gone.  At least 2 inches - and its going to be there for a while cuz it is 32.  Watching for the dog sleds.  ;D

P
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 02:40:34 PM by Puff »

BrokenLug

« Reply #281 on: January 09, 2024, 02:50:56 PM »

Puff just to clarify: When Lani mentions the Rim by her near Payson, AZ she is referring to the Mogollon Rim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mogollon_Rim

The "Rims" of the Grand Canyon are about about 125 miles North of the Mogollon Rim above Payson.  :)

Photo Credit: Richard N Horne.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 03:18:35 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #282 on: January 09, 2024, 03:15:33 PM »

Good afternoon Beakers!

Hi Tig - I know you like to stay on top of all there is to be done around house & yard! :)

Tsk - I have ordered one of those BeneCanes for my mom! I looked at the link you had provided for Tig, and I thought that getting a new and better cane than what my mom has been using, would come in very useful for her!     As for my SIL's engagement, I do not know of a date for the wedding yet!
Safe travels for Tim!!  He is brave to have gone to Door County yesterday - although I forget how long the drive usually is.

Phyl - I agree that if we had neighbors like our Beakers - we would have the best neighbors!!    So glad you finally get see an ENT tomorrow. Hope you get a good report on how you've been healing.

Karen - You sure do keep busy!  :)   Just read about your Trash Receptacle and how you were out there picking it up and getting it upright!!  You are strong!! ;D

BL - Wonderful of you always providing links and info for the Beakers in those 'weather' areas!

LisaG - Yeah it will be a good time and will definitely be a late evening as they won't arrive until about 4 pm.  Their other brother is coming over too.  He just lives about 45 minutes away from here.

Puff - Hope you had a wonderful birthday yesterday!

Lani - You too, are getting your exercise in with shoveling, and of course I know you walk Sadie everyday!!

Clynn - I hope the doctor was able to make it in to the clinic.  You & Ed take care and be safe.  I watched Al Roker on the Today Show this morning giving the weather report!!

Hi Kb, Baz, Og

By the way, did anyone hear from Lori as to how she spent her birthday?  Hopefully she had a wonderful birthday! :-* :)

Beakers have a safe, warm evening.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #283 on: January 09, 2024, 04:12:38 PM »

Hello Beakers!  I called the clinic this morning and changed my appointment to Friday. We couldn't get out, no plowing was done until later, and the Dr. had not made it in yet.

E4E, we got 8-9", it's very pretty!  Erin and Sydney will be over soon to clear the 4 driveways/sidewalks here (3 other neighbors pay him to clear theirs). So I will get to spend some time with the Munchkins! I have a pot of chili on the stove! Ed went out and pushed some of the snow off the cars and shoveled the little sidewalk to the driveway.

Phyl, I am going to have to try those beautiful pancakes! I have everything but the Blue Magik, which I don't think is actually needed unless you want them to be extra pretty! I don't have blackberries, but plenty of blueberries! I had to look up the Blue Majik, sounds like it is pretty good for you! 
Blue Majik®
Blue Majik is a propriety certified organic extract of Arthrospira platensis, a Nutrient Dense AquaBotanical™. Its stunning blue pigment is made up primarily of Phycocyanin, a powerful antioxidant which has the ability to quench free radicals and is a potent natural COX-2 inhibitor — effective in alleviating chronic inflammation. In addition to Phycocyanin, Blue Majik contains anti-inflammatory compounds

Puff, so what is left on your bucket list?

Wow, this weather is hitting almost all of us!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #284 on: January 09, 2024, 04:41:11 PM »

Our Rutt, near Borup MN...not that far away from Georgetown where last seen many days ago.
Admin posted earlier today pics coming of our Rutt...that post is gone now, and this one is at top of page, so I assume this is what she was waiting for...?

Lots of snow.
tsk - waiting to hear if Tim made it to Door County. I've been tracking the snow and it looks like most of the day it snowed there.

We had somewhere between 10-15 of these kind of systems last year....whew, not this one.
Lots of snow....I feel y'all.