Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 548105 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2400 on: March 12, 2024, 04:42:57 PM »

Goose eggs at the hatchery.  Sad day for me.  Unfortunate for RRP too.   :-\

Eburg, what does this mean? "At the hatchery" ?? Sorry you're sad. Are you talking about the goose eggs in N1, or something else? I wish I could read peoples' minds.  ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #2401 on: March 12, 2024, 04:46:26 PM »

Baz - Good for you in being done with jury duty for the next two years!  You fulfilled your summons! ;D

E4E, yes, I was happy I didn't get called to sit on a jury, but I am not just done for the next 2 years... I am done for the rest of my life!  ;D  I will age out of required jury duty here before they can summons me again. Yay! :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #2402 on: March 12, 2024, 04:49:55 PM »

TSK, which store was Tim in when he told you he saw the soda bread in the bakery?

baziunc

« Reply #2403 on: March 12, 2024, 04:55:42 PM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

March 11, 2024: Two Canada Goose eggs in N1!
https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/03/11/march-11-2024-two-canada-goose-eggs-in-n1/

Amy's blog says HM is likely incubating her own egg(s) - does that mean RRP, or someone, knows where that is? But just can't see into that nest? Or is HM's possible current nest location an unknown, and just assumed?

baziunc

« Reply #2404 on: March 12, 2024, 05:03:27 PM »

Lani, yes, I am sad about Keebler...but Annette gave him the best life and he was so loved... I am happy for that...

Wild Heart Ranch - He’s buried with one Teddy and another watching over him. One of the hardest days of my life. We will all miss our little Monkey Man.💚

Clynn, thanks for sharing this. I am so sad about Keebler, and for Annette and all who loved and cared for him. Such a touching burial for him.   :'(  I agree with you, though, about being happy he got the best care and so much love while he was at Wild Heart Ranch.  :-*

baziunc

« Reply #2405 on: March 12, 2024, 05:14:52 PM »

Lani, I'm glad you didn't have to report for jury duty, and I hope that makes you in the clear for at least 2 more years!  Good news on the Royal Albatross chicks, TF and TFT.  :-* :-*  I'm so sorry the Toroa/albatross chick died from swallowing plastic. :'(  So sad. RIP little one.  :-*

karengramke

« Reply #2406 on: March 12, 2024, 05:29:28 PM »

Baz, you did not ask me, but…the goose at the hatchery has claimed N1 and has at least 2 eggs covered up there!   At least we have something to watch!  Hm and hd have a nest in a tree on the bluff where there is no camera.  People who have been on the ground there think they have eggs!   MomD and dM 2, in n4 behind Walmart have , according to robin, at least one egg that is not visible. Nest rails are so high she could not see the parent who was in ubating until it stood to roll eggs!   Big question remains, why did they abandon the nests with cameras?   Seems they also monitor the area to keep other potential eagle house hunters away!   Want all the hatchery goodies for themselves!   Sent Robins post to Clynn so oerhaps she will post it later.
Lovely dinner of salmon and fresh green beans .  Cutie. For desert!
Last time I looked, e 23 was still at home.    Had 2 ufo road kill today and one whole fish.  He had trouble unzipping the fish so he better stay home or close to it for a few more days!

baziunc

« Reply #2407 on: March 12, 2024, 05:30:46 PM »

I don't think we will ever know why any of the eagles are not nesting now in N1 or N2B, ar any other previous nesting sites. I remember Bob Anderson saying Bald Eagles love to build nests, and that they are known to build new nests regularly, for no specifically known reason, and even when their previous nests seem to be just fine. He wrote about it in a blog, way back. I think Amy's blog has mentioned it again since Bob A. talked about it. Remember Dad's first known nest was at the cliffs, I believe, before he built N1 across from the Hatchery? Maybe it's the black flies, maybe it's the owls or geese, maybe it's all the other Eagles in that area, maybe it's the people and their activities, or maybe it's just the Eagles exercising their love of building a new nest! Maybe they just feel like it. Just because they like building new nests so much!  :) I just hope they stay healthy, and I wish them all the best this nesting season!  :-* :-* :-*

baziunc

« Reply #2408 on: March 12, 2024, 05:32:51 PM »

Baz, you did not ask me, but…the goose at the hatchery has claimed N1 and has at least 2 eggs covered up there!   At least we have something to watch!  Hm and hd have a nest in a tree on the bluff where there is no camera.  People who have been on the ground there think they have eggs!   MomD and dM 2, in n4 behind Walmart have , according to robin, at least one egg that is not visible. Nest rails are so high she could not see the parent who was in ubating until it stood to roll eggs!   Big question remains, why did they abandon the nests with cameras?   Seems they also monitor the area to keep other potential eagle house hunters away!   Want all the hatchery goodies for themselves!   Sent Robins post to Clynn so oerhaps she will post it later.
Lovely dinner of salmon and fresh green beans .  Cutie. For desert!
Last time I looked, e 23 was still at home.    Had 2 ufo road kill today and one whole fish.  He had trouble unzipping the fish so he better stay home or close to it for a few more days!

Karen, we were posting at the same time!  ;) :D  Thanks for reminding me of where those active nests are.  :)  Your dinner sounds good.  :)

baziunc

« Reply #2409 on: March 12, 2024, 05:38:46 PM »

Today I finally gave myself my birthday treat... my birthday was in Feb., and all I wanted was a hamburger. I hadn't had one in over 6 months - maybe longer. I never got one for my birthday! So today I took myself out for a yummy burger - Carolina style - with cheese, chili, and slaw... and I had fries with it and a very good cold hoppy beer. It was so yummy! So!!! It was everything I dreamed of.  ;D ;D   I am so full!! LOL. I loved it! Finally got that burger, fries, and beer itch scratched - been jonesing for it for weeks upon weeks!   ;) ;D

Good Night, Beakers. Peace. SED  :-*

LisaG1967

« Reply #2410 on: March 12, 2024, 06:25:59 PM »

clynn - How nice of Janet and hubby to get a card from the King and Queen .

Kb - Glad you had a nice walk with Ollie, and your mower picked up for repair.

Karen - French bread and butter…the best!  ;D

Tig - Enjoy your last few hours with Rosie.

Tsk - Yay, you got your soda bread, too!

Baz - I have a Facebook friend that lives in WI, not the Bruhlings, and he frequently goes to Decorah to take pics of the eagles.  He went two weeks ago, and took pictures of HM & HD.  He said, they were swapping duties of sitting on eggs.  Your Carolina burger sounds delicious.  Glad you gave yourself a birthday treat!

Have a good night, everyone!

« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 05:08:14 AM by LisaG1967 »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2411 on: March 12, 2024, 06:33:07 PM »

BAZI    Soda bread :Mariano's - a Kroger own store.  Maybe local to this area.  Costco had loaves today when I was there as you walked in.  HM  and HD have a new nest on the other side of the bluff as reported by the Bruhlings and RRP and others who happen to know where it is.  Certainly not far down the road as I picture it.  Maybe LISA knows more.    Well said - good summation on why eagles move!!!
What a wonderful decadent b-day treat - I would have brought home an ice cream sundae and put in the freezer for later to top it off LOLOL
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2412 on: March 12, 2024, 06:38:43 PM »

Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California

It does Phyl 8)

The egglet is looking good---real good! Audacity is a good mama.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 06:44:31 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2413 on: March 12, 2024, 06:38:58 PM »

TWO HARBORS EAGLE CAM-IWS CHANNEL ISLANDS , CALIFORNIA

;)

Chase and Choyln's nest---egglet doing very well.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 06:45:42 PM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2414 on: March 12, 2024, 06:41:43 PM »

Folks are beginning to mow and trim lawns here---
Jim puts it off as long as possible as he has our two and Sadia's two to mow and tend.

CLynn sad news about Keebler   :-*/ :'( Annette was a wonderful caregiver---sweet grave site; luv the finch in the hollow tree trunk;
Rattlesnake Canyon would be a fun walk thru.;  fantastic  wedding anniversary acknowledgment from The Palace( King Charles & Camilla)
  for your friends  Janet and George on wedding anniversary.

KB interesting  Caracara -- cool photo of sub eagle and fox; tks for link to Audubon Photo Awards, all great. Prayers for Dennis and Vi.

Lisa Easy to agree w/ your statement/theory about eagle nests in Decorah hatchery. I too would rather see the geese there than empty nests.
Warm French bread and butter  ;)

Lani I'm late ---congratulations no jury duty.  Many tks for the Royal Albie update---nice the rangers enjoy their work to whistle;   good weight for TF all the chicks are such cute fluffy-feathery youngsters;   the Toroa chick  is difficult to read    :'(   ; deliberate steps at nesting site  ;)

Sauces bald eagle cam