Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 548261 times)

eaglesrock29

• ChatMods
  • Hope is the thing with feathers ... Dickinson
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2415 on: March 12, 2024, 07:59:21 PM »

Dear Beakers, thank you so much for all the Birthday Wishes at the end of February!  They meant so much but i just looked today.

It's been a rough time for me - my partner of 24 years passed away in Jan 2023 after a short illness.  I knew Tommy for 46 years though.  I had to put my mom in a nursing home at the same time and had to clean out her apartment.  My only brother Danny then suddenly died in early August and both my cats went to the Rainbow Bridge before Tommy passed.  Needless to say, it's been a very sad, scary and lonely time.  Thank you for listening to my tales of woe.  I'm not doing well with the grieving thing. Hopefully I can deal better with it after a time.  The grandkids sustain me (Granddaughter is almost 8 and the little guy turned 5 in December).

Please pray for me if that's your thing.  Thank you!  <3
"When a storm is coming, all other birds seek shelter. The eagle alone avoids the storm by flying above it. So, in the storms of life may your heart be like an eagle's and soar above." - Anonymous

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2416 on: March 12, 2024, 08:52:29 PM »

Oh my! {{{Eaglesrock}}} such a heavy load for one to bear. Sending prayers your way. God's perfect love  surrounds you now and always.
Please visit with us here--often . You are missed and loved.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #2417 on: March 12, 2024, 09:16:44 PM »

Oh, Eagles Rock,  Way too much sadness at once!   I am happy that you have your grandchildren to keep you  uplifted a little!   They need you!
  While you cannot replace what is gone, there are   Many kitties who need you too!  They are good company and fun.  🤩 
Do remember to stop in the beak and visit.   Prayers for you of course!

eaglesrock29

• ChatMods
  • Hope is the thing with feathers ... Dickinson
« Reply #2418 on: March 12, 2024, 09:23:31 PM »

Thank you so much, Phyl and Karen.  Your words meant so much to me.  They say God doesn't give you more than you can handle.  This experience makes me question that.

I have only shared this with a few people so far, but it was time.

As I looked back at my Forum signature below posts, it freaked me out - "When a storm is coming, all other birds seek shelter. The eagle alone avoids the storm by flying above it. So, in the storms of life may your heart be like an eagle's and soar above." - Anonymous

So the eagles keep educating us  :-*
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 10:05:05 PM by eaglesrock29 »
"When a storm is coming, all other birds seek shelter. The eagle alone avoids the storm by flying above it. So, in the storms of life may your heart be like an eagle's and soar above." - Anonymous

Phyl

« Reply #2419 on: March 12, 2024, 11:16:41 PM »

{{{Eaglesrock}}} what a lovely  and powerful signature. I thank you for it.  Don't question your ability to bear that which now
burdens you---you are far stronger than you think.  Keep your family close.  Trust God ...and  trust the eagles !   ;)

Hi Karen  you and Piper  SEDs  .

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2420 on: March 12, 2024, 11:17:38 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2421 on: March 12, 2024, 11:48:12 PM »

Lani - Oh no- those allergies can be so bad this time of year.  Hope Mike gets a shot soon!   Thanks for the update on the Royal Albies!!  The Rangers are so kind and gentle.
So sad & tragic for Toroa the chick dying from swallowing plastic.  Wish everyone would pick up after themselves; no plastic, no garbage, etc. :o >:(

Phyl - Glad you had a nice weather day as 70 sound perfect!   Nice cam pics!

Clynn - Nice pic out at Rattlesnake Cyn.,AZ      Oooh yum! That fresh baked sourdough bread you get when you go to your Mom's sounds so good!!!   Like your friends wedding pictures!

Kb - Nice picture!

LisaG - I am glad my hairdresser sets my appts for 8 am!  I like the first appt.!  She is always ready for me!

Karen - Good to see you back in the Beak.  It's like you were never away!   Thank you for the status on some of the Decorah nests and parents! :)

Kb - So happy you saw Tower while on your walk with Ollie this morning! ;D

Tig - The time that you've had Rosie has sped by much too quickly!

Tsk - Nice temp for you today!  We had a cool day with a little rain today, but for the next few days, going to be nice; upper 60s - possibly 70!

Baz - Lol!! That is great for you in now being DONE with jury duty!!    Yes, like what you said about the Decorah nests!   Yaay! Glad you treated yourself to a fabulous burger and a nice cold brew!!

Eaglesrock - It is so nice to see you here, but I am so sorry you've been through so much in such a short time.  Prayers for you and please keep in touch here in the Beak!  {{{Eaglesrock}}}

Goodnight Beakers - sleep well.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2422 on: March 13, 2024, 12:09:26 AM »

Lisa, YAY, you found Irish Soda bread.... maybe the cams will spend time on them this year. Hopefully, we will have two families to watch.

Clynn, Congratulations to Janet and hubby on their 60th anniversary. That must be their wedding pics on the bottom. And how cool to receive an anniversary card from the King and Queen.... bread is my weakness too.

Kb, yes, popcorn is liberally buttered!  ;D ... glad you were able to visit with Dennis and Vi and get some sun today!  ;D

Tsk, I think Ranger Colin was doing the whistling to keep the chicks calm... a good week to pot roses for sale at Home Depot....

Baz, I see Karen answered your question about Decorah HM. I think there may be photos of HM/HD on their new nest posted in the Decorah 2024 thread... I had to look up a Carolina burger, and oh my, it looks delicious!!! Glad you finally got your birthday burger and tummy's desire!  ;D .. I just read Lisa's post to you. I know it was

Karen, thanks for the E23 update... yummy dinner, I love salmon.

Phyl, Regarding Albatross "The whistling is to calm and distract the chick while the ranger are working to take their weight."

SED Eagles  :)

{{{Eaglesrock}}} I'm so sorry for your loss of loved ones and concern for your mother... so much sadness during one year, I'm so sorry....  Your sweet grandchildren must be such a comfort. Sending you hugs and prayers... what a great signature, like your name "Eaglesrock", yes the eagles keep educating us... they go on.  :-*

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eaglesrock, Tsk's friend Maureen, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 12:11:23 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #2423 on: March 13, 2024, 06:03:18 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!

Currently: 46F clear   High  75F  mostly sunny,  Low 53F

{{{Eaglesrock}}} 

Lani ranger's whistling for Albie chicks  ;)

Eagles nice ocean scape w/ moon

Prayers for:  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Eaglesrock . All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.nature365.tv/

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/ 

https://greatergood.com/

« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 02:58:18 PM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2424 on: March 13, 2024, 06:14:07 AM »

How these parrots went from the tropical jungle to the concrete jungle

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/los-angeles-flocks-wild-parrots-how-they-get-there

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2425 on: March 13, 2024, 06:19:17 AM »

Stony Point Penguin Colony Camera
Mar 13, 2024 6:17 AM
Camera Time: Mar 13, 2024 1:17 PM SAST
Birchwoman

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2426 on: March 13, 2024, 06:24:28 AM »

Decorah North Eagles
Mar 13, 2024 6:22 AM
Camera Time: Mar 13, 2024 6:21 AM CDT
Birchwoman

Mr. North

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2427 on: March 13, 2024, 06:43:55 AM »

Good Morning Everyone

((((EAGLESROCK))))   What a rough 2023 for you.  I can't begin to imagine the sadness.  Know you are certainly in my prayers that healing will come soon.  Stop in more often for a good distraction.  ;D and a hug or two  :-* :-*   God's time is not our time.  Stick with it.

PHYL   Got chilly with those wind gusts  :o 365   Could not access parrots  :( 
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2428 on: March 13, 2024, 06:46:53 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

I will be picking up the Munchkins this morning and Erin will pick them up around 2:00 or so. It will be nice again today so a trip to the park will be in order, and of course, the kittens! They will be worn out when the kids leave!

Lani, love that the rangers whistle to keep the Alby chicks calm. I also looked up Carolina Burger! Hamburger patty, chili, cheese and slaw!  Oh my!

Eaglesrock, so sorry that you had so much sorrow in such a short time... You are a strong person, because you are finally sharing with people that can be there for you. The Beak Room has a heart of gold so please visit often! The little ones will help you heal, that is a good thing.  I am sure we will all be praying for you for as long as you need. Take care!

Phyl, cute kitten in the shamrock container! Prayers for the eggs at Sauces! Majestic Whooper Swans in the 365! Mr. North on guard duty... Now I see the penguins!

baz, I like your thoughts on why the eagles keep building new nests! I also think that they enjoy it, and it is true bonding for them... Like Lani, I looked up your Carolina Burger. Glad you enjoyed it! I am sure it was well worth the wait for you! You got that itch scratched!

Lisa, I agree, fresh, warm French Bread with butter is the best! I could sit down with Jeff and we could demolish the whole loaf!

tsk, glad you found your soda bread, I don't think I have ever had it. I have to go to the store this afternoon, maybe they will have it!

SWFL - 3/10/24 -   What a sight to see! 🦅The wind beneath my wings. 🦅. little one taking full advantage of the breezy conditions, and I believe has reached his highest this morning. Kim Kelly

Utah Desert, Moab, Utah                                            Double Arch, Utah

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #2429 on: March 13, 2024, 07:58:31 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Phyl - Jeff was just saying this morning, he may take off a lil early on Friday to mow.  All the rain we have had lately, the grass has grown.  Love the St. Paddy's wreath.

((Erock))

Lani - I hope so with the cams.

clynn - Jeff's favorite bread is Jalapeno cheese bread.  He loves to grill that when he is grilling steaks.

E4E, tsk, karen, Puff, kb, tig and all  - Morning  :)

Off to the ENT this morning.  Catch up later.