Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 547969 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2355 on: March 11, 2024, 06:51:08 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, do you and Mike have all your snacks ready for the games? As always, love the Alby update! Such sweet birds!

Phyl, pretty goodnight pic! I just sometimes wonder about all the money spent on things that just don't make so much sense, especially when there are so many all over the world that need help. The money spent on political campaigns is obscene (both parties), and the money spent on prescription drug commercials that we have to endure over and over. Sorry, I am edging towards my soap box, time to stop! Nice pic of Mom North!  Oh, those felted pooches are so cute! The Dunnock has a beautiful song in the 365, the sun rising looked like a fire at the beginning!

tsk, making cookies to distract yourself from an exciting game, that's a new one! You even had to turn the sound off! I am trying to imagine you actually at the game!

baz, love the frog and the mohawk! You had a good walk!

E4E, I am the same as most of us here, don't care which time they use, I wish they would pick one and be done with it! They could put it on the ballot in November and let everyone vote on it!

Puff, new computer today!  And hopefully karen gets her problem resolved!

tsk, Lisa, good morning!

Erin and family are at my Mom's, they will head home today. Yesterday after a trip to Cave-In-Rock and dinner at LaFuente Mexican restaurant in Fairfield they came home and the tv had sound but no picture. Erin determined that it was the same thing that happened to my tv a couple of weeks ago! We got that tv for Mom about the same time I got mine, Toshiba from Best Buy! Must have been a bad batch! Any way, he went and got her a Samsung and got it all hooked up. Thank goodness it happened when he was there!

Mushroom Rock in the middle of Highway 176, Little River Canyon in Alabama

« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 07:49:56 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2356 on: March 11, 2024, 11:37:44 AM »

Happy Monday Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Lisa, Beauty time at the salon, what a perfect start to the week.  8)

Clynn, Snack is popcorn during half-time. It's been Mike's ritual for 50+ years.... {{{Erin, Sydney, Talon and Bella}}} It was wonderful of Erin to get your mom set up with a new tv. Most especially, it must have been a special treat for your mom to see the munchkins. And Erin being able to help his grandmother. Safe travels home  :-* ... neat pics of Mushroom rock, Ala.

Phyl, peaceful nature vid.... thanks for pics of elephants in Africa, to eagles in Iowa and CA.!  ;D .. prayers for Sauces family.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #2357 on: March 11, 2024, 12:51:51 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

Lani - Aww, look at your lil Irish pup, so cute.  A much needed Monday at the salon.  :D

clynn - Love the bicycle yard art.  How sweet of Erin to go get your mom a new TV! 

tsk - Thanks, I did enjoy my "me" time.  :D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 01:13:54 PM by LisaG1967 »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2358 on: March 11, 2024, 01:07:50 PM »

CLYNN   When at Marquette  - I was a commuter - I would stay down at school and eat at my friends dorm and go to the game - my books underneath my seat.  Took the bus home at 10 PM with one transfer - no worries.  Not now for sure.   What timing  - Erin was the angel of the day  ;D

LANI   That dog is way to funny - " Really, they dress me like this and expect me to like it"  LOL

Gorgeous day in the mid 50's and my first 30 min walk since my cold.  Now off to Goodwill with a trunkful!
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2359 on: March 11, 2024, 01:08:09 PM »

some bounce

Oh, oh! Our tulips are coming up! Time to put my anti-deer/rabbit fence up...

... right after I watch Coco's tennis match. LOL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #2360 on: March 11, 2024, 02:31:01 PM »

tsk - It is a beautiful day here too, and the wind has finally calmed down a tad. 

tig - Enjoy watching Coco. 

I have been looking everywhere for Irish Soda bread, and you would think this close to St. Paddy's day that some grocery store bakery would have it.  Safeway, Acme, Food Lion, Whole Foods...not one had it!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2361 on: March 11, 2024, 03:34:55 PM »

tsk, a beautiful day here as well! 75 so far!

Lani, cute Saint Patty dog! Popcorn! Well, I am sure Mike won't change his March Madness snack, might jinx the game!

Lisa, this recipe has 5 stars! And your hair looks beautiful!  ;D

Wild Heart Ranch  :'( :'( :'(
I have been dreading this day for years;
We are spending our last day with our precious guy. His kidneys are done, his pain meds are no longer helping him and Dr Lilla told me what I already knew.
Our old man is suffering. It’s time.
I know so many of you love him. I wanted to let you know.
We have invited our crew to visit him today, so long as they hide their pain from him so he doesn’t stress, and he can have his grapes, marshmallows and a sucker.
💚😔
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2362 on: March 11, 2024, 03:40:58 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers:D

I reported this morning for my jury summons. They were seating a jury of 12 jurors and 1 alternate from my juror pool for a criminal trial. They never called my name! Woot! Sent me, and the others in my same situation, away... and I don't have to return. Done! They don't ask you to serve on a jury if you've served in the last 2 years. They consider my being there today as meeting that 2-year jury duty timeframe, so I am done, and done, because I will age out before 2 years pass. Woot!

Lani, I watch loads of the March Madness basketball games, too... not just my team.  Oh, and in case anyone misinterpreted my "joy" post - I was not joyful that your KU Jayhawks lost their game, I was joyful that my UNC Tarheels won theirs. My team plays again Thursday, noon, Eastern. I'm hoping for more joy then, LOL, but as we know, there are no assurances, no matter who the opponent is. I hope you and Mike get to enjoy KU's next game waaaay more than their last!  :)

I'll catch back up with everyone again later.  I only had coffee and a pack of peanut butter crackers from the vending machine in the courthouse today, so I am hungry!

Waving to All the Beakers! Take care, All.  :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 04:48:48 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #2363 on: March 11, 2024, 03:50:08 PM »

Wild Heart Ranch  :'( :'( :'(
I have been dreading this day for years;
We are spending our last day with our precious guy. His kidneys are done, his pain meds are no longer helping him and Dr Lilla told me what I already knew.
Our old man is suffering. It’s time.
I know so many of you love him. I wanted to let you know.
We have invited our crew to visit him today, so long as they hide their pain from him so he doesn’t stress, and he can have his grapes, marshmallows and a sucker.
💚😔

Clynn, oh no! Is that Keebler? Oh... tears... I'm so sorry for Keebler, and for all who knew and loved him - especially at Wild Heart Ranch, and all their caregivers, and supporters, near and far, and out here in the internet, like our Beakers.  :'(  May he rest in peace.  :-* :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #2364 on: March 11, 2024, 03:59:23 PM »

Computer and  digital  house phone back up. At about 9:30 am!  As I suspected, one of the lawn crew cut the line with an edger.  Line had been pushed up too high by the root of a pine!  Had a lot to read today, business to do and  since I got upat 5:30 I am tired!    The cell phone  is not working correctly and I cannot see anything on it so will be out looking for another one!
Yesterday was one of 14 days of my new exercise for vertigo!  Oh my!  3 sets of 5 movements!   Laying down on my left side with my head down and positioned like I am looking at someones face is really an intense experience!
A free ride at Disney!   I am hating this but will persevere .   Really has some epley movements to it, which is what the doctor was doing!   Not as serious as Margaret or the lady with the  broken bone and I will be fine unless I take a bad fall.  I am careful!

Good pictures and posts all!   Good basketball!

Tig, you need a dog!  It would cut into your many trips  however.

Tsk, was Cabrini Green in Chicago ever mentioned?  Most of it is gone now.  A great idea, gone bad!  I lived a few blocks from it for a few years, a true bed of crime.   Sr Cabrini was a wonderful person. 
So very sorry about the deer!
Having a few wonderfulish days and then up to the 80s for 4 days!
Off to do a few chores!  Oh and thanks for reporting on my issue, Clynn!  Not only cranky, angry, frustrated at 2 hours plus on the cell with att playing pass the buck. And very crabby!  I will own all of it!
(((Keebler)))
Baz!   Good deal

LisaG1967

« Reply #2365 on: March 11, 2024, 04:15:21 PM »

clynn - Thanks for the compliment on my hair!   :)  Oh no, not ((Keebler))  :(
Can you make that Soda Bread for me?  I am going to admit...I am not great with dough.  I can bake anything, as long as it does not involve starting with dough!  ;D

baz - Glad to hear you are done and done.  :D

karen - Good to see you back.   :)

oldguy

« Reply #2366 on: March 11, 2024, 04:29:43 PM »

Lisa - try Aldi - but they call it Scottish instead of Irish - but it is a soda bread.  Aldi lists in on their website.
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

« Reply #2367 on: March 11, 2024, 04:52:56 PM »

Karen, yay, you're back in internet land! Glad your line is fixed. I hope the new exercises help with the vertigo!

Puff

« Reply #2368 on: March 11, 2024, 05:14:35 PM »

Eburg - You'll be the first to know?  There's an egg in N1.   :o

P
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 05:30:24 PM by Puff »

karengramke

« Reply #2369 on: March 11, 2024, 05:28:12 PM »

Lisa, Publix has yout read!  Get a bread machine.  Lol!
Right before my  omputer went off, Friday abouy 12:30, I was watching e23 wingersizing on the spike and I was agraid he would be gone when I got back on line!  Today he was doing a great hover above the nest!  soon he will be off exploring!   Most of Ms kiddies stay close to home for awhile after a fledge.  We will see!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 06:41:21 PM by karengramke »