Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 547718 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2325 on: March 09, 2024, 11:33:05 PM »

Baz, big Congrats on Tarheels win! A great game! Our Jayhawks now that's a another story!  :-X ... Next week Tuesday is our Big 12 Tournament YIKES!  :-\ ... What an amazing fashion designer Iris Apfel was! She also designed a few Barbie signature pieces.

Oldguy, Congrats IOWA!

T40, Love RxckStxr voice overs! I've often worried about a cat being tempted to jump on a ceiling fan!  :o...  The rescued eagle story, as well as heartbreaking elk story were amazing rescues....

Tsk, Thanks for review of Cabrini. I've heard good things about it. YAY MU! Poor Mike couldn't watch the end of the game.  :-X ... prayers for Maureen and her upcoming surgery.

Tig, awww sweet {{{Rosie }}} she'll sleep good tonight.

Phyl, I'll have to try Starbuck's Half Caff.

Good night!

Royal Albatross - 3/9
Last night Top Flat Track chick spent his first night alone with his neighbor TF chick close by. Well done TFT chick!

TFT-BOK came in at lunch time 12:57. She has just left,
and TF-LGK was in with a big "special" breakfast 10:30

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk's friend Maureen, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2326 on: March 10, 2024, 05:57:19 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.... ! 

Currently  36F clear (feels like 28F)   High  54F sunny,  Low 32F

Lani tks for  Royal Albie update on TF, our fella and his neighbor are growing up. It's Starbucks's  'House Blend'  'Half Caff.- There's a Decaf Veranda also.  But 'House Blend' is only sold in grocery stores  i.e. Kroger and the like.

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Twin Cities suburb- Minneapolis  ;  Lakewood Church community, Texas;  All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.[/size]

https://www.nature365.tv/

« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 10:46:49 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #2330 on: March 10, 2024, 07:38:39 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tig - Aww, Rosie loves you. 

tsk - So sorry to hear about Maureen, hope she has a speedy recovery.

Phyl - Glad to hear that you got your coffee fix.  :D  Thanks for the links to the different articles.

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2331 on: March 10, 2024, 07:42:42 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, lots of news this morning! I never knew there were helium mines or that it was used for anything but balloons! Good news on the flu strain. Not sure how I feel on trying to create a wooly mammoth...will they eventually try to de-extinct a T-Rex or a cro-magnon or a neanderthal?  Love your morning coffee cups, and the peaceful 365! 23 here now, high 59 and sunny today.

Lani, thanks for the Royal Albatross update, the chicks are growing up! Glad they keep each other company!

Sam and Sophie yesterday:

Talked to karen, it was decided that her internet line must be damaged, they will be there tomorrow to figure out what is wrong. She seems a bit cranky...  :o

T40, thanks for all the entertainment, watched some at least 3 times!

tsk, oh no for Maureen, I can't imagine hearing a bone crack! Hope she heals quickly!

tig, awww, Rosie!

baz, Iris Apfel, what a character, loved her outlandish outfits! She refused to grow old!

Lisa, love your cats and quilts picture from yesterday! Has the wind settled down?

Walter's Wiggles, Hurricane, Utah                                       The USS Wisconsin museum ship in the eternal parking lot in Norfolk.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2332 on: March 10, 2024, 07:57:38 AM »

30 heading to 48.  Back to the 60s on Monday for a couple days

PHYL   Quite a steal on the Channel suit  :o   One less flu to be concerned about  ::)which is good as the strains just keep morphing.  ::)   Why would we want to bring back the woolly mammoth?

LANI   Jayhawks are just saving themselves for Tues  ;) ;) ;)   I'm glad those two chicks are close together for company  :)

CLYNN   Sam and Sophie  LOLOL  so cute.  Utah has some beautiful territory.

Think I will haul out Easter and spring decorations today.  I'm resigning myself now to no winter this year...
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #2333 on: March 10, 2024, 11:17:51 AM »

clynn - Love the pic of Sam & Sophie, so cute!  The winds are happening today and tomorrow.  The winds are supposed to be 25 to 35 mph with gusts occasionally over 40mph. 

tsk - I am loving this mild winter. 

Puff

« Reply #2334 on: March 10, 2024, 11:42:03 AM »

Well, I'm back outside today to feed my feathered friends.  But I hope the sun will give me some of its warmth.  Bought seed for them yesterday.  Especially, I have to bribe the male cardinal who has been singing to me each morning when I go out to get the paper.  He sits high up in the locust by the back patio.  Don't want to lose him.  I don't know if he is saying hello or telling me "food - I want food".  I also don't know if he's greeting me or putting out the call for a nearby mate.

BTW - Heads up message!    My tech has ordered a new puter which should deliver Monday.  Then he's going to have my machine to transfer all the "stuff".  I hopefully anticipate 2 days.  So please don't worry if I go silent again.

P
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 11:50:47 AM by Puff »

Lani

« Reply #2335 on: March 10, 2024, 12:23:14 PM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Puff}}} Enjoy your warm day... I would love to have a handsome Red Cardinal singing to me. He's greeting you with joy! And telling you his plans with the Mrs. this spring.  ;) ;D Looking forward to hearing about your new computer. I hope it works easy for you.  :-*

Hi Lisa  ;D

Tsk, Mike told me the same thing about the Jayhawks this morning. LOL! Keeping hope alive!!!  ;D ... I'm bringing out Easter decor this week too. Yep, looks like winter has come and gone.  :( ... I'm going to turn on the landscaping lines to the trees/bushes today. The potted roses leaves are sprouting, perennials are popping up, and covered strawberries are turning green too. ugh! Too soon to start a watering schedule. There are people in the valley that have already turned on their AC.  :-\ .. closed windows because of allergies. Mike's eyes have started watering again.. way to soon for all of this.  :(

{{{Karen}}} oh no, that's too bad about the internet.

Clynn, great morning pics.... cute S & S.... Utah is a beautiful state.

Phyl, Interesting LiveScience articles this morning...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 12:35:58 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #2336 on: March 10, 2024, 12:33:12 PM »

Royal Albatross
The results are in and both chicks are male.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1766077906424574384

TFT chick watches parents

Royal Albatross ~ TFT is In Post Guard Stage 💕 BOK Leaves Alone Overnight & Returns Next Day! 3.9.24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XG0wceQ81A

Mar 9, 2024
It is now time for TFT chick to begin post guard stage - where both parents will be leaving their chick alone for short amounts of time and gradually lengthening the time away as they forage for food at sea. Mom BOK left her chick for a short time on March 8th and returned back. After she left, both chicks were tracking an incoming adult and it turns out to be our dear bereaved Dad LWK. He walks over to TF and says hello and touches his fluff. LWK is always the perfect gentleman albie....♥

BOK fed TFT and then she left again and did not return until the following day (March 9th)  TFT spent its first night alone on the nest at 37 days old ♥ TFT and TF are able to see one another and I am sure that gave them both a little comfort, but especially to TFT who was missing having a parent brooding him. TFT had a peaceful night and did great!

Mom BOK returns & walks over to TF chick first to say hello. It looks like she wanted to preen his fluff ♥ Then she went to her nest and she spend a lot of time preening and giving affection to TFT. No doubt BOK missed her chick and TFT missed Mom too. The wind was blowing BOK's feathers as she was trying to brood TFT. She is such a beauty! She was able to manage getting part of TFT underneath her - his little head is sticking out. BOK spent the night with her chick and she took off the nest day. WYL is currently on the nest coming in (March 10th). Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 12:36:35 PM by Lani »

kbshcb

« Reply #2337 on: March 10, 2024, 01:00:57 PM »

Just trying to get a bit of shade in Howick, South Africa...

Morning!...after a morning of 23, now 44 and heading to 51....already took that walk with Ollie man among other things!

Got up at my normal time...although the computer clock said differently. Am guessing around 50/50 of who wants to stay with Standard Time vs. Daylight Savings time.
I'm an early bird so prefer Standard....now I have to wait an hour longer for the sun to rise..at least for a month or so....Knock it off and choose one please!....LOL

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2338 on: March 10, 2024, 01:33:16 PM »

Boy am I glad the Iowa game is over .  I'm a basket case.  Heartbreaker for Nebraska!

PUFF  You are lucky to have such good technical help.  ;)   I love that the bird songs are now a part of my AM hours  ;D

LANI  A member of the Dalmatian order  ::) ::)  ;D ;D   Couldn't agree more that all of "springness" is too soon.  This little albie "neighborhood" is so good to see.
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #2339 on: March 10, 2024, 01:35:06 PM »

Hello Beakers

The game is over - Iowa Won in OT !!!!!!!!!!!! ;D  Now it is the wait for the brackets to be announced....
The men's game starts at 6pm - last game of regular season...

Genius Cat Learns How to Shoot Rubber Bands   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhcBY--zGXo
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah