Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545840 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2250 on: March 07, 2024, 07:21:40 AM »

37 heading to 48

TIG  Well only 1 more day ...

BL   So you found a stray and reunited it?    Oh Oh  ((Kopje ))  Was that the first encounter with a porcupine?  Kissed all the llamas  LOL

OLDGUY  Amazing video on that storm  Winds at 190 mph.  Can't even imagine that.    That was one huge fire when you see it via drone. Will take years!  :(     Can't imagine introducing a new cat to all of Claire's cats.  General is a beauty.  LOLOL  Santi and the cat tower .      Improvising notes from a hat.  What a wonderful gift to hear music. Great video.

LANI   Seems now I am not getting any emails this AM anywhere!    :P :P

PHYL    Alpha Romeo  :o    Low tides are great to photograph 365  ;D

LISA   I usually have about 25 e-mails in the AM - most junk.  2 this AM and none anywhere else.  :P :P :P

CLYNN   "Oldest and youngest"    ;D   Good to see Rosie and Richmond
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #2251 on: March 07, 2024, 07:25:11 AM »

More interesting local tidbits about Route 66 from Darien Clynn . . .

Same here as you mentioned - as you drive I55 just out of Cook County there are several sections now and then off the side like a frontage road where they have left remnants of 66.  I heard the local land owners were able to say leave it.  Strange.  We moved out from Colorado to Illinois but took quite a few visits back home to visit family before 55 opened.

Another mention is the break in the trees - If you stand on the new/true frontage road now and look to the southwest off in the distance you see where the trees and growth was cleared because of use of the land for 66.  Must take a long time for nature to reclaim her territory.

P

*Temporary puter setup is back working this morning as you can see!  Yeah.  Hope to have the new machine this weekend.

Puff

« Reply #2252 on: March 07, 2024, 07:28:58 AM »

See you're having issues. Mine's OK.  Same service?  I have Comcast Xfinity.

But then you're not going to get this  - duh

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #2253 on: March 07, 2024, 08:43:10 AM »

clynn - Great pic of Rosie & Richmond! 

tsk - Oh no, on your missing emails this morning.

Puff - How nice of the computer guy to hook you up with a temp computer till the new one arrives. 

karengramke

« Reply #2254 on: March 07, 2024, 09:39:30 AM »

Good Morning!   Great looking car in your morning photo Phyl!   Would love one parked in my garage, with a mechanic next door!   Lol.   That car is a beauty!  🤡
Poor Kopje!  Dang porcupine!  Hope all is well this am!
So many Rosies!   Have fun tomorrow Tig!
Go. For my shake snd bake treatment this afternoon!  Later.
Oh, lisa and Baz,  is your weather ok.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2255 on: March 07, 2024, 09:48:34 AM »

bounce

I just popped my seasoned butt into the slow cooker. LOL. Rosie is expected today between noon and 4...

HAGD all
Keep Looking UP
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2256 on: March 07, 2024, 10:14:40 AM »

Bearstudy - Eagles Nest Township Eagle Day - UPDATE March 6, 2024

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4879-eagles-nest-township-eagle-day-update-march-6-2024.html

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Tig, "seasoned butt" LOL!  ;D ... looking forward to Rosie pics  ;D

{{{Karen}}} good luck at doc appt. (shake and bake) LOL! ;D

{{{Puff}}}, great to see you! Glad the tech was able to get you set up on a temp computer!

Tsk, I wonder what's going on with your email box  ???

Clynn, cute morning pics.... prayers for R&R building their new nest.

Hi Lisa :)

Phyl, Beautful car, great name Alfa Romeo!  ;D.  peaceful nature video... interesting history of tonight's SOTU....

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2257 on: March 07, 2024, 10:26:35 AM »

Sue Bruhling - Awwwwww! Look at Little Eve/E23 when she was a Little Girl and Now, she is a Big Girl ❤ All this Growing in 67 Days since Hatch Day, December 31, 2023
Another one of God's Beautiful Creation's ❤ Southwest Florida Eagles - March 6, 2024  Thank You! Debbie Botelho for sharing with us! ❤

tig, so what does one season one's butt with before putting it in the slow cooker?  LOLOL!

karen, your 'shake and bake treatment'!  Be sure to ask about the neck brace!

Puff, yes, there are just random places where a bit of Route 66 remains, and usually there is a sign! There is one in Springfield on Peoria Road before it merges into I-55.  There are several places, like the Cozy Dog that were on Route 66 through Springfield that are still open.

tsk, egads, no email?  Yes, a good bit are junk but now and then something important!

Lani, and prayers that Iris returns this year and finally chooses a new mate... We need to see ospreyets in that nest!

Stone tree logs, Petrified Forest National Park, Arizona

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2258 on: March 07, 2024, 11:53:03 AM »

PUFF   So glad to see  the computer issue is being fixed in a timely fashion!

TIG   ;D ;D ;D

LANI   Lynn gets as excited about watching an eagle as the rest of us  ;D ;D ;D   So frustrated this AM re AOL but seems anything that I had signed up for to receive daily emails on - like 365 for instance is gone!   My loyalty cards etc.

CLYNN  We did the petrified forest on our first camping trip  ;)

Taking out my "mail frustration" and cleaning the frig!!!
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2259 on: March 07, 2024, 11:59:21 AM »

Lol... Rosie is in residence at our spa...! Bounce

Lemme see...
A bed of chopped onions (I'm lazy since I discovered them in a frozen bag)
Minced garlic (from a jar)
Fresh Orange juice

Da rub...
Cumin, chili powder, dried oregano, salt, fresh ground pepper.

Pork carnitas at tastes better from scratch .com. Slow cooker

"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2260 on: March 07, 2024, 12:59:52 PM »

zzzzz bounce

"What we watchin'?? Oh... boy's hockey tourney..."
"Tummy rub pleeeze"
"zzzzzzzz..."

Settled in at 1 hour. No more lookin' for "Momma"

:)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2261 on: March 07, 2024, 01:12:24 PM »

Kopje did a bad today _ command _ STOP.

Dog hard life lesson learned.

Porcupine.   

Dad the bad guy needle nosed all the quills from your tender nostrils.

I did say stop buds.

Not one to play with ay'.

Kopje.
  ;D

Oh no, (((BL!)))  Poor (((Kopje!!)))  :-* :-*  Ruff 4 both of u!! But extra hugs and kisses for Kopje... just not anywhere near his tender nose.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #2262 on: March 07, 2024, 01:41:29 PM »

zzzzz bounce

"What we watchin'?? Oh... boy's hockey tourney..."
"Tummy rub pleeeze"
"zzzzzzzz..."

Settled in at 1 hour. No more lookin' for "Momma"

:)

Tig, great pics of sweet fuzzy wuzzy Rosie!!  ;) :-* Thanks for the pork carnitas recipe - I saved it. I will give it a try when I cook the pork roast I bought and put in the freezer last week. Mmm.  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"

baziunc

« Reply #2264 on: March 07, 2024, 01:45:34 PM »

((Karen)), I hope the shake and bake visit comes out just right today!  ;) :)  I had a lot of rain, but not much in the way of storms.

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D

After I posted yesterday, the rain had stopped and the clouds were breaking up. So I made it a long walk to pick up my mail - about 16 minutes... better than nuttin'.  ;) :D

Have a good day, All!  :)

;D

P.S. Regarding cats in trees... When we were kids and would go to Dad begging him to get the cat (any cat - ours, neighbor's, or unknown) out of the tree, after we had spent all our efforts on getting it down failed to get results - climbing, calling, food and treats tempting - our father would always say, "Have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree?"   ;D 8)

P.P.S. Not to fear though... My father would help when needed. The "stuck in a tree" cats almost always ended up coming down on their own, if we had not gotten it down ourselves, after probably half-traumatizing them.  ;D  If it started getting toward the dusk of the day, my father would always make sure to get the cat down, all safe and sound.  :) :-*

« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 01:55:17 PM by baziunc »