Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 546503 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2265 on: March 07, 2024, 01:59:00 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1765800533195976967

The fascinating clouded leopard...

BL - ouchey, ouchey, Kopje

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2266 on: March 07, 2024, 02:38:01 PM »

TIG   Sounds yummy.  :)  Yay  Rosie is there and I bet very happy as well.  Awwww  such a sweetie. ;D   Wonderful guy who loves what he does.

BAZI     LOLOL   " Have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree?"  Guess that settles it!

KB   Clouded leopard  "baby"  yup!

Frig is clean, some groceries picked up.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #2267 on: March 07, 2024, 03:45:32 PM »

NO shake and bake today!   He feels it is not working ,  gave me another set of  exercises to do at home.   BRandt and  Darpff.   Do a set of 5, 3x a day  for 14 days.  He says he has had good luck with this.  I see him near the end of the month.   No meds available  he asked if I was trying any and said no, 
bu they gave some at the home which of course did not work! There is a surgical procedure that can be done.  I would have to go to Shands Hospital  in  Gainesville, I Florida for a series of tests and if   They get the right test results they  operate and put a plug in the ear canal.  Not sure I am a surgical candidate!   

Baz, sounds like the weather is not as bad as predicted and tgat it would be safe for  Lisa to cross her bridge!

We have a new Home Goods here!  Opened in the store formerly occupied  by Bed, Bath and Beyond!   Good deal!

Good for Rosie, Tig and Camper!

kbshcb

« Reply #2268 on: March 07, 2024, 04:27:35 PM »

This is just such an amazing story out of Maple Plain, MN

Bottom line: Angus the horse cast himself in his stall. After 5 hours plus of trying to get him up with no luck and his heart slowing, the Minneapolis Mounted Police Foundation came and rescued him to the UofM and saved his life.
Brought tears to my eyes:
BEAU'SELLE STABLES (Maple Plain) Feb 22.: "I felt this should be posted. I have to honor an amazing group that serves our community. They often may get overlooked due to so many trials over the last handful of years here.
On Friday our beloved Angus (my son’s horse) cast himself in his stall and we don’t know when it happened in the night, but when my amazing staff found him in his stall that morning they acted quickly to help him. Unfortunately, it was a perfect storm of circumstances and he could not stand. He pushed himself into the aisle when we tried to turn him in the right direction. 5 hours of trying and work went on with our staff and our vets at Anoka equine and everyone gave everything they had to help him. Coming to the realization that he was becoming unresponsive and had so much trauma and shock to his system both the vet and I reached out to the Minneapolis Mounted Police Foundation who headed over with the horse trailer, rescue officers and equipment. In less than 15 minutes they moved him from the aisle to the arena and loaded him into their trailer. Knowing he would probably pass away in the trailer we took the chance to get him to the U of M where they had equipment that could help him if he could make it. He was lifeless and his heart had slowed to a dangerously slow beat. The police in terrible traffic - were able to avoid - with their vehicle made it to the U about 3 minutes behind us. Without them Angus had no chance of survival.
The Minneapolis Mounted Police Foundation are the only group in the state trained in large animal rescue. Their program was originally defunded by the city council in Mpls during the chaos that has taken place in our city and the police department has continued their existence. They are a non profit and without their skill, dedication and commitment Angus would be gone. I can’t thank them enough and we couldn’t be more in need for a group like this to continue to also help break down barriers between the police and welfare of our community. They serve our community in such a positive way and I just wanted to thank them with all my heart and hope to let others know to recognize them and help support their efforts in our community."
March 2, Update on Angus! ❤️
Since our boy’s arrival at the U, almost completely lifeless 2 weeks ago, and from the moment Angus stood he has never looked back! He has two large tears in his hind leg muscles and a hematoma. He has had to work at placing his feet slow and steady and regain his balance walking but he continues to march forward. He’s a fighter and we couldn’t be more proud of him and his recovery. Angus has to remain in the sling until he can lie down and get up on his own as he has not attempted too, but currently he is climbing mountains! ❤️ He’s making huge progress everyday.
What does a "cast" horse mean?
KENTUCKY EQUINE RESEARCH: "A horse that has lain down too close to a fence or wall and gotten into a position from which he can't get up is referred to as a “cast” horse. Cast horses sometimes panic and struggle, while others simply lie in the cast position until help arrives."

LisaG1967

« Reply #2269 on: March 07, 2024, 05:03:15 PM »

karen - We had alot of rain all day yesterday.  They yard was looking like a swamp.

tig - Aww, cute pics of Rosie.  Your "seasoned butt" sounds delicious. 

Lani - Thanks for the bearstudy update on the Eagles Nest Township Eagle Day.

clynn - You find the most interesting pics! Aww, SWFL kiddo, so cute and big!

tsk - LOL, taking out your mail frustration and cleaning fridge!

kb - Aww, Angus.  Hope he makes a full recovery!

Have a good night, everyone!

oldguy

« Reply #2270 on: March 07, 2024, 05:06:38 PM »

Here is a video from Claire today that is important for all cat owners...
I Started It for TT, But Things Got Out of Hand... (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTJMnKcZDBs
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2271 on: March 07, 2024, 05:27:07 PM »

Lani liked the  G/N image---wonder 'Why?'  Tks for Bear Study

Lisa that's a nice cuppa Joe this AM.

CLynn  well preserved Hippy Grandma;   ;  'Tis bee season and not long b 4 I c them about.
Tks. for SF Bay Ospreys Rosie and Richmond update--great snap. Sue Bruhling - Awwwwww! Look at Little Eve/E23 and look at her now
Tsk hope your PC improves

Puff I also have Xfinity w/Comcast , for everything. Nice of PC guy to set you up w/ a loaner

Karen oh that  Alfa Romeo  is lovely and so would be the insurance on primo antique such as that one. Luv to open it up on an empty stretch!

Tig  Awwww Rosie---Oh My..." I just popped my seasoned butt into the slow cooker.'   Too funny.

Yes...SOTU is tonight   ::)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 06:22:37 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2272 on: March 07, 2024, 07:06:18 PM »

KAREN   Of course I had to look this up  LOLOL  Your doc is giving good advice.  You should be able to do these at home.  Maybe first on a day when the HHA is there.

"The main difference between the Brandt-Daroff maneuver and the Epley maneuver is the difficulty. The Epley maneuver is more challenging than the Brandt-Daroff exercise. It is safer to perform the Epley maneuver only in a clinical setting with a doctor or another healthcare provider.Mar 4, 2020"

I love Home Goods.  Easy to spend a lot of time there  ::) ::)  Our Bed Bath and Beyond bit the dust too.

KB   I should have read to the end first but looked up " cast itself " in the stall  ::)   Great story.   I know nothing about horses and stalls but should the stall be bigger?  Sounds like Angus will make it.

LISA    So you caught all the rain yesterday.  Can appreciate the "swamp" comment.

OLDGUY    Claire certainly does a lot for her cat health.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #2273 on: March 07, 2024, 07:38:02 PM »

tsk - to your question "should the stall be bigger?" I have no idea and wouldn't have thought about it's size. Scott is the horse expert. He lived on a horse farm....sorry.

From what I read it sounds like a horse could get him or herself into this situation against any fence or wall. Furthermore, aren't stalls all sort of the same size?

karengramke

« Reply #2274 on: March 07, 2024, 08:18:45 PM »

Tsk, I knew you would, that is why I added the name!   Lol!  Will start in the morning.  Shortly before the   Hha comes so she can call 911 when she gets here!   Not really!
Seds p

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2275 on: March 07, 2024, 09:41:53 PM »

Hi Beakers!  Power went out for a minute a little while ago and now I am having trouble signing on.  Can't seem to put in the correct password. Be back later- hopefully tonight!

Phyl

« Reply #2276 on: March 07, 2024, 11:21:19 PM »

KB  your clouded leopard didn't open  'page doesn't exist'.  :(        ---{{{Angus }}}

{{{Karen}}}   becareful with those maneuvers---let   doc do Epley.

Old Guy tks for the link from Claire --I am just as concern and involved in Maggie's health

Eagles  sorry  about the power shortage---are you having 'rolling blackouts" ?   Arggghh! PC issues Hope you get it resolved.

Everyone...SEDs. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 11:35:43 PM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2277 on: March 07, 2024, 11:30:56 PM »

Clynn, LOL over the chocolate rabbits!  ;D ;D ... sweet E23  :-* .... the Petrified Forest National Park is amazing.

Tsk, I'm sorry for the emails situation. Is AOL going to fix it? Or will you get a new email address? ... I clean when I get frustrated too. The oven needs cleaning.  :-\

Tig, I just printed the recipe for Pork carnitas at tastes better from scratch.com  ;D ... awww sweet Rosie, she looks well. How is she feeling? ... awesome man who rescues cats in trees.

Kb, prayers for Angus.

Karen, good luck with the new exercises.

Oldguy, Claire does a lot for her cats.

Hi Lisa  :)

Eagles, I hope you can get back on.

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #2278 on: March 08, 2024, 06:04:38 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.... !

Currently  56F cloudy    High  65F light rain showers,  Low 56F 

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley/family; Twin Cities suburb- Minneapolis  ;  Lakewood Church community, Texas;  All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.nature365.tv/

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam