Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545723 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2220 on: March 06, 2024, 07:42:49 AM »

Puff, what happened?  Are you there?
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #2221 on: March 06, 2024, 08:09:00 AM »

Puff!  Same as Clynn!  Please answer it you can!

Good morning Beakers.  Phyl, thanks for the posts  this morning!   Dr, did fix vertigo but I screwed it up!  Lani good albi report.  They are such amazing birds.   From those great big ones to the tiny hummers, what a wonderful world!
Lani, sounds like you have a great selection of food!  Everything but Oriental.
Is Mike back from Gila Bend?

Baz and Lisa, hope you do not get walloped by too much wind and rain!  It has been very damp here this morning and yesterday.  Pavement wet but only light rain and
then drizzle!  Warm with temps up to 76.  Phyl, my red bud tree is in bloom!

Puff, hope all is okay

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2222 on: March 06, 2024, 09:19:17 AM »

Puff!! What's going on?!! Come back on.

Tsk, Can you contact Puff??? Please check on her!!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #2223 on: March 06, 2024, 09:55:25 AM »

Talked to Puff!   Having computer problems
Puff sends virtual hugs to all.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 10:07:52 AM by karengramke »

Lani

« Reply #2224 on: March 06, 2024, 10:04:37 AM »

Oh thank you {{{Karen!}}} I'm so relieved!  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #2225 on: March 06, 2024, 10:07:01 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - Hope Tim made out ok with his surgery for the trigger fingers, and hope he is not in too much pain. 

BL - LOL, yea I think that would get my attention too outside my tent, or bedroom window!

((Karen)) - I hope you are feeling a lil better today.  Thanks for letting us know about Puff!

baz - I hope that weather is not headed this way.

Lani - The show is very interesting, and gets better each week!

Puff - Hope all is OK!

Phyl - Cute lil owls. 

clynn - Jeff is a happy camper on any day he can skip the bridge.  ;D  Beautiful pic of Rosie.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2226 on: March 06, 2024, 11:20:55 AM »

CLYNN  How long did you live in Alamogordo?   Cat discussion:  Lulu heard it and couldn't tell where sound was coming from.  I had to turn it off - She was so nervous LOL    Tim took Aleve last night and used some ice on his bandage.  He's up and running this AM.

KAREN    I was wondering if wearing a soft cervical collar would help for a day or two to keep your head in one position??  Glad you followed up with the phone call!!! :o :o

I just got home when Lisa texted and said did I call Puff?  Had no idea what she was talking about LOL  Then I got in the Forum just now and What a scare!!!
Chicagoland

Lani

« Reply #2227 on: March 06, 2024, 11:23:27 AM »

Bearstudy - Faces and Feathers - UPDATE March 5, 2024

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4878-faces-and-feathers-update-march-5-2024.html

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Karen and Puff}}}

Lisa, I think we'd feel the same way about driving over your bridge. We hate driving down 87 to the valley.

Tsk, I hope Tim is doing well today... I just saw your post. Glad Tim is doing well!!  ;D

Clynn, cats are getting ready to rumble! You have a good memory for numbers. I'm terrible. It took me 5 years to remember our Payson landland. Mike has my SS# memorized, I'm lucky to remember the last 4.... I was so upset when our Kansas 5 digit phone number changed to 7. Then you add the area code. LOL! .... awww Rosie  :-*

Phyl, Pretty fabric owls.... a good meal for the Eurasian curlew.... Thanks for women's link... interesting about the fossil trees article ....
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 11:25:00 AM by Lani »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2228 on: March 06, 2024, 01:30:30 PM »

karen, tsk's suggestion of a neck brace might be just the thing to get you past that vulnerable time! Glad to hear Puff is just having computer issues!  That had me scared!  Thanks for calling her and reporting to the Beak!

Lani, thanks for the Bear update, even if it was about all the other critters that live at the beautiful Bear Center!

tsk, I was born at Holloman AFB (1952) and according to Mom, we lived in a little house trailer on the base. Cathy was born a year and a half after me (1953), still in the trailer! Then we went to Germany for 2.5 years and lived at 3 different bases there. After that we returned to Holloman and Dad bought that little house on Utah Ave in Alamogordo. In 1959 Becky was born (in the same room and hospital as Cathy and I) and in 1960 we went to England for 2.5 years. Then to Luke AFB near Phoenix for 4 years. In 1966 Dad went to Viet Nam for a year and we lived in Albion. When Dad came home from VN we went to Duluth AFB until he retired in1969. Then we all lived in Albion. The reason we were 2.5 years in Germany and England was because Dad went before us for 6 months to get everything ready both times. Mom had to fly to Germany and England with us little ones by herself. ;D FYI, Mon was 17 when I was born and had never been farther from Albion than the Smokey Mountains and never on a plane. Back then planes had to stop in Iceland or Greenland to refuel when crossing the Atlantic! More info than you asked, but I couldn't stop! This picture is 1955.

Lisa, yes, Rosie is a beauty! I wonder if Iris will be back early this year because of the warmer temps...  I can't imagine that bridge with gale force winds! Eeek!

10 things you may not know about Route 66        http://tinyurl.com/3kausbx2

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2229 on: March 06, 2024, 02:02:38 PM »

bounce
 Glad UR OK PUFF

Pool was good this a.m. Took care of some business and now am watching MN State high school hockey. Big 10 BB later...

Camper ran an errand and then will pick up the groceries I ordered.

Paws crossed hoping Rosie will come later today.

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2230 on: March 06, 2024, 02:56:57 PM »

Talked to Puff!   Having computer problems
Puff sends virtual hugs to all.

OMG! Thank you, Karen! for getting in touch with Puff and letting us know she's okay!  :-* :-* :-*

Puff, oh gosh! I'm so glad you're okay!! That messed up post was a scary-looking post for us out here in internet-land!! I hope your computer issue is fixed soon... and your car.
  :) :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2231 on: March 06, 2024, 03:15:36 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :D

I made avocado toast this morning! Mmmm... Soggy day - didn't go for a walk.

Clynn, I love the throwback family portrait you posted today!!  :) :-*  I can't believe you can remember the dates, places, andorder of all those moves!! Your mom became well-traveled very quickly! :D Love your family stories.  :-*

TSK, I forgot to say yesterday, that I was so happy for your news that Margaret's liver biopsy was negative and that she's recovering quickly from that now, and also, that her kidney cancer surgery is now re-scheduled for soon. Thank goodness! Great news that Tim is back on "Go" since his surgery on two fingers... same hand? I hope he gets a good result and will heal quickly. How are you feeling? Some colds' symptoms seem to linger... I hope you're still reserving your extra energy for YOU! and are fully back to your normal soon.  (((Margaret, Tim, TSK)))

Brrr, I feel cold today - but it isn't cold! So I need to get up and get moving!!
  ;) :D

Waving to All the Beakers!  Take care, All!  :) :-*

« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 03:17:49 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #2232 on: March 06, 2024, 03:44:28 PM »

Had thought about a neck brace and mentioned that to someone!  Seems reasonable.    I remember old phone numbers but not those in the recent past or my cell phone!
Anxious to see the brackets . Guess it will be the top 16 or do they begin with 32? 
Glad Tims fingers seem better and good news for Margaret!   Have they biopsied the  kidney tumor?    Got to run!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 08:16:03 PM by karengramke »

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2233 on: March 06, 2024, 05:34:53 PM »

We've had .25" of rain so far today and during the noon hour, we had loud thunder for a while!

I was actually composing a post and was almost done at 10 this morning, but hit a wrong key accidentally and 'poof' went my post, so I got busy in the kitchen and am now getting back to beginning a post again, but of course it is never quite the same! ::)

LisaG - Yes, we had a nice evening out yesterday-thank you!  How is your Mama doing?   Glad that Jeff will work from home due to the weather conditions.

Tsk - How are Tim's fingers doing today?  Hope he isn't in a lot of discomfort.  Okay, just read what you said about Tim's status-thank you!   That is Awesome news that your SIL Margaret is negative for cancer on her Liver.   Wishing her all the best for her procedure that she will have on the 23rd.  Thoughts & prayers for her.

Bl - Wow those Lynx - would not want to hear that anywhere near me!  ;D

Karen- Thank you for your nice anniversary greeting for us - we really appreciate it! ;D

OG- So perfect - the vw Love Bugs-so cute!!  We love it and my hubby thanks you so much too - he really enjoyed all the posts!!

Phyl - Cute night gif last evening! :)

Baz-  Thank you so much for the pretty anniv. post - so nice of you and we very much appreciate it! :)

Lani - Thank you & yes we did!   I have 2 favorite restaurants for authentic Mexican food (Jardine's and Dona Esther-both are in San Juan Bautista, CA) and 2 favorite places that make the best burger (The Sand Bar in Capitola, CA and Nepenthe in Big Sur, CA)  Very yummy!!
Safe travel for Mike to Gila Bend today and hope he doesn't have to be there long!

Puff- Oh no, are you okay?  Sorry to hear about your car  :o      Thank you for the anniversary wishes-so nice of you to post, especially since you didn't have the best day.    Just for sake of mentioning, it is 36 yrs for us.   You have a lot on your plate now and I feel so bad for you. {{{Puff}}}

Lani & Tsk - My Grandfather's pocket watch has been missing for years - sure wish I had it as a special keepsake.

Clynn - Wow-love the story of one of your great grandfather's had a pet racoon that would sit on his shoulder!! ;D ;D  Your great grandmother lived a long life!!  Sounds like they were hard-working folks. :-*    Amazing that you found and posted a pic of the house you lived in when you were so young! ;D    Loved reading your family history and that is a special family picture from 1955! :) :)

Karen - Thank you so much for posting about Puff having computer problems - that was scary to see. :o

Puff - You gave all of us in the Beak a big scare.  That post!! :o :o  Glad you are alright. Hugs.

Tig - Hope Rosie arrives soon - so you can start loving on her!! :-* ;D

Lori - Hugs for you & Destini! :)

Going to say good night early, as I need to take care of some personal stuff on my computer.  Beakers stay warm & safe and have a good evening.  Hugs to All!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2234 on: March 06, 2024, 06:45:03 PM »

LANI     Lynn experiences wonderful "nature TV".   Thanks for his update.  :D

CLYNN   All of your location history is familiar but when you present it like this complete journey it is one amazing whirlwind esp for such a young mom .  Great photo minus Becky  :)    Very interesting piece about Rt 66  Our camping trips out west were on the original Rt 66.

TIG   Hope Rosie got there today.

BAZI   Day 6 of my cold and all day now without a fever and my energy is back!!  Tim is some discomfort ( index and baby finder of left hand) but hasn't stopped him from managing his day.  ;D   

KAREN   I do not think they biopsied the tumor but seem to know by the scan that it is cancerous.  They will take it off and then monitor with scans every few months,  No chemo or radiation.  Probably will know more on the 23rd.

EAGLES  Speaking about computers, I wondered why my inbox of mail was empty today.  Seems all my new mail is going into spam!  Kind of a mess but did what I was told to do to straighten it all out but seems to me the problem is at their end...sigh.
Chicagoland