Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 546505 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2281 on: March 08, 2024, 06:15:43 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, great Bearstudy! How wonderful would it be to have an eagle swooping for food within feet of your gazing window!

Phyl, thanks for the articles, on my list to read after I get dressed! 47 and rainy today. 50, 59 and 71 for the next 3 days, all sunny!

E4E, there seems to be a good bit of technical issues going on in this world! Hope you can get it resolved, I always have to consult my password spreadsheet when I have to sign into something that I usually don't have to sign in for.

karen, I hope this new procedure works for your vertigo! And I am sure you appreciate tsk's comments! It's good to have a retired PT professional in our midst!

tsk, we have a Home Goods too and I can easily spend an hour or more browsing! So much cool stuff!  I also like browsing Hobby Lobby, and we have an At Home store nearby which also interesting.

kb, prayers for Angus... thank goodness they got to him in time.

baz, where do you put the quarter? LOLOL!

tig, Rosie is a cutie for sure!

Death Valley National Park

« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 06:20:35 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #2282 on: March 08, 2024, 06:28:16 AM »

Captured Newman at the 'box' having some 'breakfast --Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View

Mar 8, 2024 6:24 AM
Camera Time: Mar 8, 2024 6:24 AM CST
Birchwoman

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2283 on: March 08, 2024, 06:33:23 AM »

Thinking I spied Mrs. North ---Decorah North Eagles

Mar 8, 2024 6:30 AM
Camera Time: Mar 8, 2024 6:30 AM CST
Birchwoman

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2284 on: March 08, 2024, 07:07:22 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

KAREN    LOLOL    "Call 911 when she gets here"  ::)

EAGLES   Yikes,  hope it was just a glitch and you can get back on..

LANI   I have free AOL so no support really.   I'm resigning up for e-mails I get regularly as it seems that's is what took the hit.  The thought of changing e-mails at this late date is mind boggling to me.  LOL  I do already have a gmail acct which I had to set up because I use Chrome but I do not use it for e-mail.  I think I am getting all regular mail.  One good thing is that I'm not getting all the unwanted mail that I would delete.  ;D

PHYL   I'm liking this "images and sounds" series  365   Interesting about strong women in history.

CLYNN   " us beautiful imperfections"  Love it.  :)  Our Hobby Lobby is across the street from Home Goods and Michaels  LOLOL.  I could be gone all day  ::)    Don't think we have an At Home  :-\

Well an awful thing just happened.  Tim just woke and said did you see the deer that is dying on our fence?  WHATT???    I will not post the picks.  Seems it tried to jump and on its way down jumped through a tomato hoop.  Police are here now and since it is still occasionally breathing may shoot it.  More later.. SOOO sad.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 07:30:48 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #2285 on: March 08, 2024, 07:22:00 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

oldguy - Thanks for the video.

tsk - We are supposed to have rain all day tomorrow with some wind, and then more wind Sun & Mon. 

karen - I hope this new exercise works for your vertigo.

E4E - Sorry about the power loss.  Hope you are able to get back in the forum now. 

Lani:D

Phyl - Your kitty is too cool for Friday!  ;D  Thanks for the morning pics.

clynn - More great pics from you this morning. 

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2286 on: March 08, 2024, 08:02:20 AM »

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

I have a meeting that I'm hosting.
I hope you all have a good day.  :)

Tsk, prayers for the deer  :'(
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #2287 on: March 08, 2024, 08:49:08 AM »

Oh Tsk, poor Bambi!  Just wanted to see your pretty yard and have a bite to earpt! Never thought of tomato cages as a weapon!
Phyll, Doctor has been doing the Eply for a long time!  Works for 24 hours or less!  Will try this new one!
Clynn, love your peanut family!  You are finding a lot of roads through interesting landscapes that appear to lead to  no where!  Your Mother is a strong woman who did what she had to do when a young girl and still seems to do the same!   Good for her!   Well adjusted, I would guess!
Lani, you are having a lot of meetings!  Keeps you on your toes!
Cloudy day, in the 70s.  Keep running 7 degrees above normal.  Will drop to a high in the 60s for a few days and then back up!  I am dreading the summer and hurricane season!  Oh well, almost every place has an issue!   I will celebrate Culvers and Home Goods!

kbshcb

« Reply #2288 on: March 08, 2024, 08:58:51 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/reel/812808170681966/?s=groups_tab&__cft__[0]=AZV3ZhufqLUhL5INt-dkyb8jTiQeZMdK7lfhpFMTnrCMwrP7SauT9GJxFrM4E0o-sq_0S2LDM33q5gqJn5Wze-MUySYknvrOyeg5vaVbIfwJm5MC2LR3WFVFH2RmubEjfx6nWWyp64qk5GL1l665BTVDGanmW6e95LhzP6hpJ8KiVA2oAlTM33aGk960Fz7nzP8--_irOgStkyj1bMyCbgrX&__tn__=H-R

Just click the blue link to watch a local video of a bald eagle on a house roof with squirrel in hand. But, first it stands in the road, then walking that funny walk to pick up the road kill. In the end it drops it.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2289 on: March 08, 2024, 09:10:47 AM »

some bounce

TSK... Oh NO !!! So sorry for you both, and the deer.

I have puppy fog brain. I just realized it is Friday and we forgot to put the recycling out. Smile. No biggie. It will be there next week.

We plan to try a local Am. Legion today... they are supposed to have a fabulous restaurant and a great fish fry.

Rosie and I slept in this a.m. I felt it more important for my health to have puppy hugs rather than a cool pool. Maybe Monday...

BBL and Caitlin is in Mpls. WooHoo!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2290 on: March 08, 2024, 10:55:43 AM »

LISA   Pouring here right now.  I'm so glad for the rain.

LANI   One happy dog buddy  ;D ;D ;D   Have a good meeting. 

KB     Said page wasn't available   :'( :'(     Just saw the video on FB.  If I were that woman instead of continuing to film I would have gone out and scared it off the street!

TIG   When we were kids it was a big deal on occasional Friday nights to meet Grandma and Grandpa - who was the commander of the American Legion post- at the Post  restaurant for the best fish fry ever.  Good memories.  Let me know how you liked it. We particularly liked that they served real butter  LOLOL   You and Rosie both had a good night  ;D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 11:00:14 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #2291 on: March 08, 2024, 11:03:22 AM »

TSK - one of the methods used by email servers to screen out spam is to block any email that has multiple recipients if that sender is not in your address book.  These types of subscription messages fall under this rule and when you sign up for them the instructions will often say to add their email address to your address book.  Email servers are always upgrading their methods to block spam and hackers, so AOL recently made a change that effected you.

Another issue that was recently found, was a hacker email that changes your link to a fake server.

Is AOL closing old email accounts?
The letter is a fake notification claiming that the email service provider is shutting down all outdated versions of email accounts. Recipients are urged to avoid being deactivated by clicking on a link that would redirect them to a "newer and more organized version of the mailbox".Feb 1, 2024

If this happened to you, remove your current bookmark and then go directly to AOL email on your browser -  https://mail.aol.com/  and create a new bookmark

Hope this is helpful
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2292 on: March 08, 2024, 11:35:03 AM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :D

(((TSK))) That's so sad, and just awful, for that deer! And for witnessing its suffering.  :'(  Prayers for the deer not to suffer long.

(((Karen))) I know the Epley Maneuver is done one way if the vertigo is in the right ear, and a different way, if the vertigo is in the left ear. If it is done backwards, or incorrectly, it makes it worse. Your doc would do it on the correct side, but I wonder if when it made it worse when you tried it at home the other day, if it was accidentally done on the wrong side. This link does explain about that, and other things people would want to know when doing the Epley maneuver at home, including some conditions that would preclude using it:
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/home-epley-maneuver
Anyway, I'm sorry it hasn't been giving you better, longer-lasting relief, even when done correctly. I hope the alternate home exercise/maneuvers your doc gave you yesterday will bring you better results. Hugs.  :-*  I'm with you regarding the upcoming summer and hurricane season nervousness!

I'm off to run some errands. It's a gorgeous day, and a bit cooler and breezy. I want to walk after I get back - I never went for my walk yesterday.

Waving to All the Beakers! Have a great day, All!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #2293 on: March 08, 2024, 11:53:09 AM »

I've had BPPV since I had a viral infection in my ears in my 30's. Acute back then and intermittently chronic since.
Had multiple Epley maneuvers performed at a local Balance and Dizziness center by special PT therapists over years.
At some point it stopped being helpful so they tried a French manuever I think called Sement.

Also sent home with home exercises.

A few of those professional treatments also made it worse. I now wear a Scopolamine patch behind my ear when I sense it "incoming" which immediately prohibits it from taking a full course.

The best treatment for me was suggested I fly to some other treatment center outside of Minnesota for a special chair? I opted nada. Maybe Cleveland?

LisaG1967

« Reply #2294 on: March 08, 2024, 12:20:22 PM »

tsk - Oh no, I totally missed your comment about the poor deer.  So sorry that you all had to witness that.  Yay for your rain.  Ours is supposed to start some time tomorrow morning.

Lani - Hope all goes good with your meeting.  Cute morning pic of the happy dogs!

karen
- Hope hurricane season is not too bad this year. 

tig - Enjoy your fish fry dinner, and puppy hugs.

baz - Enjoy your walk.