Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 414077 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1935 on: February 27, 2024, 09:37:00 AM »

Lani, glad Mama Albie is home!  Heart warming reunion!

LisaG1967

« Reply #1936 on: February 27, 2024, 09:46:03 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

kb - Glad to hear that your shoulder is feeling better.  ;D your morning pic!

Phyl - I saw some green and purple colored baby breath this morning on Pinterest, so pretty.
Cute owl figurine. Thanks for the 365, and RRP blog post.

tig - Hope your hip is feeling better this morning.   

tsk - I bet you will think of that video every time you hear, buttery flaky crust...  ;D ;D
Continued prayers for Margaret.

E4E - Your mom sounds like mine with her, spunky and demanding attitude.  :D  Glad to hear she is feeling better.

Lani - Awww, love the Royal pics!  I did not see baz holding up her BEAKER sign!   ;D

clynn - Her screwing up is the best part!  ;D  Pretty pics of the snow geese, and love the chair with flowers. Aww, Harley  :-*  Thanks for the pics from SueB!

Puff - Morning  :)

karen - Won't be long for E23!

Puff

« Reply #1937 on: February 27, 2024, 09:53:47 AM »

Morning Lisa.  You did know that was a tongue-in-cheek to baz, didn't you?

P

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1938 on: February 27, 2024, 11:23:25 AM »

Harley sleeping next to me...

awww Harley  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #1939 on: February 27, 2024, 11:31:59 AM »

Morning Lisa.  You did know that was a tongue-in-cheek to baz, didn't you?

P

Yep  :D

Lani

« Reply #1940 on: February 27, 2024, 11:34:21 AM »

Sue Bruhling - Just now  · AND if that wasn't Enough Great News to start your Day I have More!!!! 🙂
I'm so excited! Our Friend & Photographer Steven Smith also went over on Sunday to check on our much-Loved Mom Decorah and her Guy DM2 and LOOK what he found!!!!!!
My Heart is bursting with Joy to see Beautiful Mom & DM2 still together and bonding as Steve writes below! Praying for Bobbleheads this year as they were not successful the last two years. They deserve this, Mom has been through so much in her lifetime...  February 25, 2024 - Thank You! Steven Smith for the Update and Beautiful Picture of Mom Decorah & her Guy, DM2

This is the BEST Gift to the Decorah Family!! Magnificent photo!!!  Oh my, lots of prayers and good wishes for Decorah Mom and DM2!  :-* :-* :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #1941 on: February 27, 2024, 11:44:37 AM »

Taken from Decorah cam by me  ;D

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Lisa sending greetings to your mama!!  ;D

Karen, YAY E23! I hope the owlets leave E23 alone.

{{{Tig}}}

Kb, laughing at your morning pic! Talons crossed all goes well with the tv mounting.

Tsk, one day at a time for Margaret, prayers continued  :-*

Puff I'm looking forward to Baz's comments about the game too! NC Davis set record setting points!  ;D ... Lots of thanks and prayers of thanks for Steven Smith! These are great closeup shots.

Clynn, wonderful pics of Snow Geese.... Great to see HD/HM and they have eggs! Awesome news, it's just sad they're not at the Y! Oh well.... What a great pic of Decorah Mom and DM2! What a blessing for all of us! Thank you SMB and Steven Smith!!  :-* :-* :-*

Phyl, Thanks for the RRP update blog... A new nest from Wisconsin, welcome to the Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest! i've bookmarked it! .... Sadie places her plastic bone in-between her blanket and chews the bone/blanket at the same time....

This great pic from Decorah Goose cam was posted 5 hours ago by Blair-55, Thank you Blair.  ;D :-*

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1942 on: February 27, 2024, 12:20:22 PM »

Bounce
Tnx Lisa... I just returned from driving to the Y to ride the recumbent bike. I only lasted 5 minutes, but it is a start.  ::)
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1943 on: February 27, 2024, 12:49:07 PM »

CLYNN    I'm glad Steve got a pic of the N5 nest before the trees leafed out - No chance then!   Just found on Google that a female will have 20 years of egg laying ( so to age 25)  If we first saw Mom Decorah at age 5 around 2011-12 and add 20 to that , she could be close? to no longer being fertile?

LANI   Nice AM pic  :D
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #1944 on: February 27, 2024, 01:48:49 PM »

HM could be shopping for a feather lifting and beak job soon?

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1945 on: February 27, 2024, 03:09:19 PM »

PUFF   LOL  Mom Decorah " feather lifting and beak job"  ;D ;D ;D
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #1946 on: February 27, 2024, 03:11:32 PM »

CLYNN    I'm glad Steve got a pic of the N5 nest before the trees leafed out - No chance then!   

Just found on Google that a female will have 20 years of egg laying ( so to age 25)  If we first saw Mom Decorah at age 5 around 2011-12 and add 20 to that , she could be close? to no longer being fertile?

Tsk Mom Decorah arrived at N1 in December of 2007 at the age of 4.
How that age of 4 was determined I'm not sure.
That would make her 21 maybe 22 years old in 2024.  ;)

I found this info here: https://eaglesorg.wpengine.com/what-we-do/educate/learn-about-eagles/bald-eagle-biology/
What is the lifespan of a bald eagle & how long can they reproduce?

• The life span of eagles in the wild is generally around 30 years. The longest that any Bald Eagle has been known to live in the wild is 39 years. In captivity, they may live over 50 years due to fewer hazards and veterinary care.

• About 50 percent died during the first year due to their inexperience at meeting the dangers of living in the wild. After their first year, about 90 percent survive each year.

Eagles are thought to be able to reproduce throughout their lifespan, but little documentation is available.

One eagle has been documented successfully raising young in her 26th year.
In conclusion: I guess Mom Decorah has more good years left of egg laying under her tail feathers yet to go.   :)   8)

I got the DE nest history from here:  https://www.raptorresource.org/birdcams/decorah-eagles/

About the Decorah Eagles >

A Brief History of the Decorah Eagles: OM (Original Mom), Dad, Mom, DM2, HM, and HD >

• 2007: N0 (Nest Zero) is destroyed during a storm. Dad and OM begin building a new nest (N1) in the yard of a home just north of the hatchery. OM disappears in early fall.

2007: A four-year old female (Mom) joins Dad at N1 in early December.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 05:13:16 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #1947 on: February 27, 2024, 03:42:46 PM »

From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decorah_Bald_Eagles
The Decorah Eagles became an Internet phenomenon and the most viewed live-stream of all time when the website reached 250 million views on Ustream in 2011, with roughly 2.4 million views per day. Ustream began hosting the video feed in 2011,

although the live-cam was initiated in 2007, and was used to provide footage for the PBS Nature documentary "American Eagle'" released in 2008.

In May 2020 the eagles were featured in NOVA's documentary "Eagle Power".

I believe N1 was originally filmed from the loft of the barn by Neil Rettig in the Winter of 2007 and Spring of 2008.
I think the 1st camera was actually installed in the N1 Cottonwood tree in the Fall of 2008. ?

The N1 web camera didn't go out live to "the masses" on the internet via Ustream until some point in 2011.

2011 is when most here started watching the Decorah Eagles.   :)   8)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 04:50:46 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1948 on: February 27, 2024, 03:57:18 PM »

Glad y'all enjoyed the Miss.  Flyway sunrise this morning---a bit different.
With all this chat of 'purging' cabinets and such ...I have 'gone thru'  mom's antique magazine holder--- where I keep all our  souvenir tour booklets from the places we've been.  The rest are product manuals Jim keeps for quick access. Today's the day they all go in a file drawer in my computer room.  :)

It's been are real blustery day here--- right now---wind 14mph with gusts to 31mph

CLynn  tks for Sue's , Steve's and Dana's photos and nest updates on DH nest and our beloved Mom Decorah. Pretty rustic chair and pansies
Awww Harley. 
Tsk    Prayers/candle  for Margaret here on  our home alter.      Amy's blog today was interesting . ;)

KB LOL and a cigar no less.  :o    Good luck w/  TV mount ...a stud finder should make quick work of it.

Tig glad you got some comfortable rest

Lisa  your  T. C. mom  is making a quick recovery;   that commercial is so funny---good laugh when she screwed up alos.

Puff
LOL  'HM...shopping for  feather lifting and beak job .' Hope Bazi gets some good snaps of the game.

Lani tks for the snaps of Decorah cam w/ geese on lake;   Via  Lani, thank you Blair-55 for posting capture Decorah Goose cam

BL tk... info From Wikipedia on Decorah nest/s---2014 when I joined here it was my first info on Decorah. An, often  is my 'go to' source for much--- worth every dollar.   ;) 
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit