Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 310595 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1665 on: February 19, 2024, 06:05:34 AM »

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1666 on: February 19, 2024, 06:21:21 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, chilly 365, interesting how the ducks tuck in and just bob around in the water. Thanks for Amy's Blog, 2 precious eggs in the North nest! Mt. Rushmore, perfect for Presidents Day! Washington and Lincoln both attending!

Lani, I remember one time when we were at Becky's, we binge watched 6 episodes of Broadchurch. We just couldn't stop!  Very peaceful good night pic...

Phyl, I agree, Doc Martin is very quirky but he kind of grows on you! I find his aversion to blood a great twist to the show, who ever heard of such a phobia for a doctor! Sorry to hear of your computer troubles, it almost makes one afraid to click on anything! I have one email I started getting, something about investments, and everytime I click on unsubscribe one of those dangerous page messages pops up. So I close it, can't stop it!

baz, hope you get what you need at the doctor's today and the UTI disappears fast! No fun! Thanks for the Flower Cows, those girls are beautiful!

Lisa, per the doctor, the meds prescribed are to keep plaque from forming in the arteries... which can lead to a stroke if any breaks loose and travels to a vital place.

This is Namibia, where the desert meets the ocean.                        The Mysterious Columns of Crowley Lake in California

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1667 on: February 19, 2024, 06:59:09 AM »

PHYL    I get the PBS newsletter.   Arghh  How frustrating to lose all your contacts.  Hope you can figure it out.  I'm no help  ::) ::)
Nice salute to Presidents Day  :)    Blizzard  365  :o

LANI   I haven't seen the "old" Miss Fisher version but this one is as you described the previous one.  ;)

CLYNN   Namibia pic - How unusual is that..  Nature is so spectacular. :)
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1668 on: February 19, 2024, 07:13:34 AM »

Massimo
@Rainmaker1973
The story of the unusual friendship between a female grey wolf and a male brown bear. They were spotted every night for 10 days straight, spending several hours together between 8pm to 4am. They would even share food together.

Finnish photographer Lassi Rautiainen observed them and took several photos of the unusual meetings. No-one can know exactly why or how the young wolf and bear became friends.

Perhaps they were both alone and they were young and a bit unsure of how to survive alone.

Other fun pics in the thread of replies.

Morning all....

We both got up early, 4am,  so Chris decided to upgrade our wifi connection to our 5G network so the camera streamed better....

What a job esp. as we had to find/use my very old Macbook as the camera is old, and work out of the cold garage where the camera usb connection is....BRRR. Took several hours.

Warming up and moving on....

Poor old female doggo across the street can barely walk anymore for the last 6 months or so. Owner walks her up the street and sad to watch her get stuck in the snow etc...Don't know how old she is but I've seen her for at least 12 years or more. :( :(

Phyl

« Reply #1669 on: February 19, 2024, 09:21:34 AM »

CLynn I have experience the same with email,  virus /Pishing.  I had to have Geek Squad out.  What does Erin say?   Did you do a virus scan?   'Doc Martin' is very well written and thought out. Yeah. The whole 'blood thing' ---who knew?  Interesting snaps in your AM post---Crowley Lake in California and Nambia. Nature  ;)

Tsk I know very little about computers and generally I'm too afraid to do much. Sometime today after I get caught up on '40-11' emails. I'll see if I
can find  Windows 'System Restore'   and do an earlier date .

KB  wonderful photo of bear and shewolf. Nice story too.  Your story about the old dog on your street--do they not care!?  Don't they know about  Cosequin for dogs?   A person would be reluctant to say a word as some  folks see it as meddling and get very angry.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 09:46:37 AM by Phyl »

#Istandwith Evan

kbshcb

« Reply #1670 on: February 19, 2024, 09:36:05 AM »

Phyl - I know, some of my own thoughts as well. I vacillate between "cheering" the dog on and feeling sorry for it..
She lives in an apartment building that allows dogs. I therefore don't know her.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1671 on: February 19, 2024, 10:01:25 AM »

some bounce

KB/Phyl - there was an old dog being walked in our neighborhood a couple years ago. Young man seemed to care. But...
Yes, I lost a friend some years ago. I took care of her dogs; stayed at her home; over a weekend. When she got home I mentioned about her older dog having some severe symptoms and "don't you think it might be time?" She told me she could not do that to herself because it was Christmas.  !!!   Oh well...

Gotta get started on my defensive driving refresher course

TTFN

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #1672 on: February 19, 2024, 10:10:54 AM »

Phyl, I have used cosequin for dogs in the past.  It it has been available for a long time.  My experience with it has not been veryhood.    Not bad, just not as good as I expected.  The secret is to start this before you know you needit!  Dog, like many ofus has arthritis and might benefit from pain meds of some kind.   I cannot judge the owner but many dogs have towalj a certain length of time in order to potty!  With old fogs, habits continue thru age!   Do not know if she could be pee pad. Trained at this stage.   God bless tge owner and the dog!

Clynn, interesting pictures this morning!   The bird house almost looks like a coo-coo  clock in progress!

E 23  has been practicing survival skills this morning.  Has been picking up amd putting down nestovers with his/her talon And  eating the pieces .  Picking some up with the beak!  A little windy at the nest and feathers  are  fluffing up in the gusts!

Lost another friend in January!   A dear next door neighbor in Alabama!   Got an e mail from her daughter last night snd then we talked!   She died from the after affects of covid!

kbshcb

« Reply #1673 on: February 19, 2024, 10:15:05 AM »

some bounce

KB/Phyl - there was an old dog being walked in our neighborhood a couple years ago. Young man seemed to care. But...
Yes, I lost a friend some years ago. I took care of her dogs; stayed at her home; over a weekend. When she got home I mentioned about her older dog having some severe symptoms and "don't you think it might be time?" She told me she could not do that to herself because it was Christmas.  !!!   Oh well...

Gotta get started on my defensive driving refresher course

TTFN

Oh my Tig....so it was about her, not the dog...

Recall I had a very old dog, Walter, who lived to be 16 1/2....he was fine until about 16 he started getting "confused" for lack of a better word. Things like staring in a corner but physically he was average. I know I thought to myself at the time and I didn't know that about myself: I can't play God and take his life.

However, I was in weekly to monthly conversations with his then vet about this process. He told me to ask Walter to let me know when he (Water) was ready. I did and I trusted it. Not more than a few months later he slipped on ice and really injured his shoulder. Walter DID let me know it was time. So I relented to putting him to sleep in my arms at home.

It's tough but each dog is different and the relationship with it's owner I assume different as well.

I do feel bad she can't just let her older dog go out the back door into a fenced in back yard to do it's business.

Something to consider I guess when raising a dog in an apartment. I know Walter was my incentive to leave my so called luxury townhome at the time and buy a home. Which I did...Didn't seem right to have one that big in an apartment. The lady across the street owns a dog about the same size as my Walter. :(

Phyl

« Reply #1674 on: February 19, 2024, 10:24:38 AM »

KB I went back to add to my earlier post just above .And when I posted the change. That's when your post popped  up.  You're right, about not knowing the person.

{Hi Tig} I know some can't seem to say 'Good-Bye' to sick pets.  Great idea on defensive driving refresher course---I'm sure I could benefit
from  that---LOL.  Hope you get your bounce back soon.

Maggie Update: not that she was doing that bad before. But, the Hydra Care is great. She looks good and acts well. Putting on a couple of OZs

#Istandwith Evan

LisaG1967

« Reply #1675 on: February 19, 2024, 11:18:54 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

baz - I think B&K, and your "greats" got alot more than I did over here.  Oh no, sorry to hear about the UTI.  I hope you can get some meds for that today. 

tsk and Lani - Another good one, that I watched with Mama was Miss Scarlett and The Duke. 

Phyl - When Mama calls going to ask her if she has see Doc Martin.  Thanks for the RRP post and 365. 

clynn - Hoping the meds do their job  :-*  Namibia, and the Mysterious Columns of Crowley Lake awesome pics. 

kb - Awww, sad about the doggo across the street.

tig - Good luck on your refresher driving course. 

karen - Sorry to hear about another friend passing.  ((HUGS))

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1676 on: February 19, 2024, 11:29:15 AM »

Sloth TV :-*

Mommy sloth and her baby.. 😊
https://twitter.com/i/status/1759597513068134796

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, thank you for RRP update on 2nd egg for Decorah North.... brrrr, wintery conditions for ducks in today's nature vid....  I'm blocked to the link to the History story. I'll try to find it another way.... glad to hear Miss Maggie is doing a bit better.  :)

Clynn, I can't get the main character in Broadchurch, I'll try to watch again.... the Namibia pic is so unusual, desert meets water.... I think BL might have climbed the Columns of Crowley Lake.

Kb, I saw that story of the female grey wolf and a male brown bear last night, just amazing.  ;D ... sad about neighbor's dog  :(

Tig sometimes it's hard to make that rainbow bridge decision for a pet. My hiking buddy helped his dog with that final decision last Thursday.... 13 year old Dresden  :'( ... Sadie and I will miss that big old Ridgeback boy.

{{{Hugs Karen}}} I'm sorry for your friend's passing. Glad you were able to visit with her daughter.... sad times for you.  :'(

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1677 on: February 19, 2024, 01:07:07 PM »

KB  Cool story about the bear and wolf.  Like the idea that they met somehow as youngsters.

PHYL   That Lincoln link was blocked for me.  So happy to hear the positive update on Maggie  ;D

TIG   " Defensive driving refresher course"?  Needed to renew your driver's license?  Too bad bout the friend's dog you cared for in her absence. :-\

KAREN   What a shame, losing another friend.  Good tho that you could talk with the dtr a bit and that she took the time to call you.

LISA   Nice springy AM pic  :)

LANI   That vid of mama sloth and her baby is a prize winner.  How sweet  ;D    Awww  Sadie has lost a hiking buddy.   :'(
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #1678 on: February 19, 2024, 01:19:11 PM »

Lani/Tsk
  I just checked and    ' Google : about blank'    blocked me too. I've checked the link I posted and it doesn't match the one below.
Sorry, my fumble.  ::) Try this instead. I've checked and it functions.

Pulled the previous post.

The Lingering Legend of Abraham Lincoln’s Ghost

https://www.history.com/news/legend-of-abraham-lincolns-ghost-white-house

#Istandwith Evan

BrokenLug

« Reply #1679 on: February 19, 2024, 01:24:33 PM »

Very cool pics clynndunn.

Had never heard of the The Mysterious Columns of Crowley Lake in California.
I would think one would be summarily ejected and/or arrested for climbing on them.   ;)
https://maps.app.goo.gl/nPzCtSsTQ6ZPSkySA

Here they are explained.

https://www.lakescientist.com/mystery-of-crowley-lake-columns-solved/

I'd take a day hike to get a gander.
Mother Earth getting down.  8)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 08:13:40 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.