Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 310568 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1545 on: February 15, 2024, 06:57:24 AM »

Raining this AM progressing to partly sunny with wind gusts  43 degrees.

PHYL   We will see Valentines day and Ash Wed again in 5 yrs!!  and then not til 2170  :o :o :o :o  Interesting fact.  Will show my last puzzle when done  ;) ;)

TIG  I had to go back and see if I missed something.  So White Castle had a Valentines special going on?  Then you went to see Casablanca on the big screen.  What a special night .  I would have loved that.   :)    Can you post the caricature ?

PUFF   Boy, you are really scented up. LOL    I have a Bath and Body Works one I got as a gift where I can change the front seasonally as well as the scents.  It too is a night light  :)

CLYNN  Cookies and cup  :)  I love cookies   ;D   S&S coloring has really become distinctive now.  They are so cute.  Another couple weeks and they will meet their roommate  LOL   GREAT crow story.  We've seen compassion in many animal/bird varieties.

KB  Significant snowfall for you and TIG
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1546 on: February 15, 2024, 07:50:35 AM »

TSK... W.C. has been having special V.D. dinners for years. The evening is by reservation only with a special printed menu, decorations, etc. The first card I examined when shopping a month ago had a quote from Casablanca. Bingo! We already had movie tickets reserved. The sketch he did of us last year was better. I'll get a pic of it soon. Besides, this year's is still out in the car...

BBL

UPDATE: Here ya go...

Clarify... the roses were on my pop out greeting card... but, see in the pic, I got a gift card for my fav salon too...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 08:41:43 AM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #1547 on: February 15, 2024, 08:27:33 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

clynn - LOL, Jeff says, you went to an Italian Bistro and you get a turkey sandwich!  Thanks for the SWFL pic, and cute pics of Sam & Sophie!  I have heard about this crow pair before.  So sweet!  The Hearty Nut Medley Cheerios are very good...they have slivered almond and pumpkin seeds in them. 

Phyl - Sweet good night pic. Thanks for the 365. 

tig - Love the pop-up roses! White Castle burgers and fries look delish.  Glad that you are Camper are safe. 

Puff - I love the plug-in too, especially the Christmas Cookie scented one.

Lani - Love that good night pic.

kb - You got quite alot of snow. 

tsk - Can't wait to see your puzzle once it is done.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1548 on: February 15, 2024, 10:39:35 AM »

Royal Albatross 2/14

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, peaceful nature video with Red Kite hawk.

Clynn, sweet story of the crow pair... yes, S&S are growing fast. Soon they'll be able to meet their older sibling.

Tsk, interesting fact about Valentine's Day and Ash Wednesday.

Tig, What a great and cute drawing! Get a frame for it!  :-*

Hi Puff, Eagles, Lisa, Kb, Karen  ;D

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1549 on: February 15, 2024, 10:47:12 AM »

2/15
Non-breeder activity in the Top Flat area on Sunday.
The nests are in the background.

There is a ‘keeping company’ pair and adolescents of varying ages in the image.

A 'keeping company' pair are likely in their final year of courtship prior to breeding the following season.
Adolescents in the #RoyalCam view on Sunday.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1550 on: February 15, 2024, 12:59:06 PM »

TIG   Thanks for the Valentine day explanation.   Cute caricature  ;D

LISA   Puzzle is an easy one-anything would be compared to the wolves!

LANI   Thanks for the cute screen clip and Royals update. :)
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1551 on: February 15, 2024, 01:32:02 PM »

Luca at the Wolf Haven International org.

Whew, 7 or so inches with a thick heavy bottom coat of ice/wind so chunks but fluffy on top was tough this morning. Took me a chunk of time to do the driveway and small attempts to open screen door to open upper deck and partial lower deck, ie. paths for Ollie.

Andrew texted me if I needed driveway done, I told him no done but if he wanted to hand shovel the rest of my decks, haha, he could have had it. Knowing that's not something he normally does.

However, he texted me back he WILL do the rest of them!...How lucky is that for me!...as I've been nursing my shoulder ever since...He'll be here soon so I will kennel Ollie and let him walk through the house and finish for me.

Chris drove around noon and said the roads were still real dicey in places...am assuming all the ice before snow in the shade areas...but better than going tomorrow when much colder with black ice a possibility.

Considering, all is well.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1552 on: February 15, 2024, 02:12:24 PM »

some bounce
KB... Yay, and ouch
Yup... took me an hour only though to do the walk and half the driveway and a strip for the recycling and garbage bins for tomorrow 's pickup. I jammed the shovel handle into my arthritic thumb base with a blind shove that hit a raised section on the drive. Ouch. Camper did the path to and the city walk out front.
I think our total was 4 to 5 inches. Thank goodness for the sun today.
We just dropped off our taxes at the service. Now to pick up the groceries I ordered this morning.
TTFN
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 02:39:55 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1553 on: February 15, 2024, 04:14:12 PM »

This crow couple has been together for more than 12 years. She broke her beak 8 years ago in a collision with a car. He has patiently fed her and loved her since. They have babies every year and she is an affectionate mother, and the entire flock protect her.
Living proof that compassion is not limited to humans
🥰

Clynn:-* :-* :-* :-* for that loving crow pair, and their clan/flock. Thanks for sharing it.  :-* :-* :-* I love all birds, as you probably have noticed, but I have an extra-special fondness for crows.  :-* :-* :-* I know some people don't like some of their habits, but like all animals, they do what Nature has given them to do for their survival and their contribution to the natural order and balance. As some other species do, crows have very strong familial ties and often keep close family members as part of their regular traveling clan/flock together. They regularly look out for the others in their clan and help protect each other from intruders or those that may prey on them. I have watched 2 pairs of crows here who have regularly nested near where I live, and I have so enjoyed watching their devotion to their mate and to their nestlings and fledges, which they "school" much in the same way we have observed the DEs with their fledges. I love that this pair you shared here has been observed for a long time and reported on in this way.  :-* :-* :-*  I'm so glad Sam is all done, and recovered well, from his procedure, and I'm sure Sophie will do just as well when it's her turn.  :-* :-*  They are so cute together. I have forgotten which is which - please remind me? I bet Talon and Bella had a fun Valentines Day, and I'm sure you treated them with some wonderful and fun surprises and yummy treats too!!   :-* :-*
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 04:16:52 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #1554 on: February 15, 2024, 04:23:18 PM »

Lani - Thanks for the Royal updates.  Wow, so many Royal parents! 

tsk - Gotcha! 

kb - Luca is beautiful.  Yay, that Andrew will shovel your decks for you!

tig - Ouch...hope you are OK!

baz - Waving to ya!

Have a good night, everyone!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1555 on: February 15, 2024, 04:46:44 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :D

I didn't take my walks the last couple of days, but today I walked 23 minutes. I kept it a bit short due to this being Day 7 of a nagging headache ::)  and continuing inflammation, which includes every single one of my toes, making walking on concrete no fun, but! it's getting better overall! Yay!!  ;) :D

Lisa, waving backatcha!  :D  I bet Sydney was dressed to the 9s for Valentines, and I know you spoiled her rotten, too, with the Valentines items you sent her way. I was hoping you might share a pic of her from Valentines, especially since it's her 1st one. I know she was looking extra sweet for the special day.  :) :-* :-*

Lani, thanks for the great views from the RoyalCam, and the nice news and reports on some of the Royal Albies we're enjoying following there.  :) They are sooo sweet!!  :) :-* :-* :-*

E4E, I hope you and Kris had a fun VW Bus drive to Malibu!  :)

Karen, that's so nice that your vet visited and brought a pretty white rose yesterday. She is a good friend to have! I know you must've treated Piper for Valentines, and you two shared some extra hugs, too.  :) :-*

BL, what a great shot from your rappeling at the Hoodoos, and getting to explore the floor there, too! What a magical place!  :)

TSK, this is a great time of year for working jigsaw puzzles. I love all the ones you've shown pictures of. Do I recall you got together with some of "the girls" the day before Valentines Day? I hear that's a thing now for women to do with their good women friends, and it's called Galentines, for the gals who are good friends to get together and share some fun the day before Valentines. Fun!  :)

Waving to All the Beakers! Have a good evening!  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1556 on: February 15, 2024, 04:58:33 PM »

KB   Luca is a beauty  :o   I didn't realize Chris drove...  Thank heaven for Andrew!  Nice guy.

LISA   Should finish the puzzle tomorrow.  Was a very easy one   ;) ;)

BAZI  Did not have a girls get together but was on my mind to send a group text and see if we can find a date to catch up while temp is still mild and no snow for us oldsters to travel.  Will finish this puzzle tomorrow and am debating about doing 1 more.

Sunny but windy here today.  This AM Tim saw a coyote as he was looking out the bedroom window walking down the street behind us which we can see clearly via our window.  I'm always in the wrong place at the wrong time  LOL
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1557 on: February 15, 2024, 05:32:45 PM »

tsk - he just started this summer....not often but enough that it helps...progress in small steps.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1558 on: February 15, 2024, 06:35:43 PM »

CLynn  cute cookies this AM; I had read that about  some crows and other animals who
feel emotions like humans .   Sweet photo.

Tsk looking forward to a snap of completed puzzle.

Tig charming caricature , a real treasure---  will look great framed.

Lani  tks for Royal Albie update, snaps and cute video short

((KB/Tig)) sore muscles and bones 'ouch' for sure

KB  handsome Luca at Wolf Haven Intl. Org; glad Andrew is helpful
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1559 on: February 15, 2024, 06:38:58 PM »

Aryana Hummingbird