Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 319307 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1515 on: February 14, 2024, 09:29:19 AM »

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/featured-images/how-does-el-ni%C3%B1o-affect-us-spring-precipitation

found this posted in 2015 describing likelihood of dry/wet springs: March, April, and May during El Nino years.
Looks like we MIGHT be dry this spring.

Typical El Nino years last 9-12 months.
La Nina will kick in this year but may not before summer ends.
Guess I'll have to get my sprinklers ready, LOL and POCKET BOOK

LisaG1967

« Reply #1516 on: February 14, 2024, 09:36:44 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Valentine's Day & Ash Wednesday!

E4E and tsk - Thank you!  We went to Mama Mia's Italian Bistro.  I did not get anything Italian to eat.  I got a Turkey BLTA sandwich.   ;D

karen - I love bacon with pancakes, too. 

Lani - I am glad to hear that you are feeling better.  :)

clynn - I do love to catch up, and see what has changed in the office since I left.  Wow, SWFL kiddo is getting big!  Main Street - Deadwood, S Dakota has come a long way since 1877.

kb - Stay safe!

Phyl - Thanks for the links on Lent and Ash Wednesday. Those waffles look good.

((Puff))

BL - Wow, you really got slammed with snow.

tig - Morning

kbshcb

« Reply #1517 on: February 14, 2024, 09:49:33 AM »

for Ollie man, especially the plastic bag part.

Heading out with him before the snow flies!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1518 on: February 14, 2024, 11:24:17 AM »

Happy Valentine's Day Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Clynn, Like your old work schedule, Mike starts working at 5:30am, he always receives his first calls from Louisiana, clocks in at main office in Ohio at 6am... I always plug my iphone by my desktop... Mike always leaves the tv on in the bedroom and then I turn it off when I go to bed... He was not a happy camper (Tig  ;D) when he went to bed Monday night.... awww Baby E  :-* ... great Deadwood photos. I bet the town ghosts makes noises at night.

Kb, yep, looks like snow is heading your way. Sadie our protector looks like that too.  :-*

Tsk, I plug my iphone near my desktop before I go to bed.

Phyl.... Amen, and so it begins! ... the beautiful Manchurian crane, love the head popping up in last few moments.

{{{Puff}}} Old habits. :-*

BL, thanks for weather update

Tig, I'll check on Hue lighting. We do have plug-in Led nightlights in bathroom/kitchen/top of stairs down to lower floor... I hope you and Camper have a nice day planned.

Karen, Yep, kitties are funny creatures. They sleep during the day. And then after midnight, they smack or bite your head, jump on your stomach, purr in your ear when you're trying to sleep.  ;D ... E23 has grown fast and hopefully able to defend itself if owls bother nest. But, so far it's been good.

Lisa, Do you have plans to visit little Miss Sydney this Valentine's Day? I hope your mom is feeling better each day.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1519 on: February 14, 2024, 12:33:39 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!   :D

I ❤️ Rosie and Richmond, and Jackie and Shadow, in addition to all the other nests we love to follow!! ❤️❤️❤️  :-* :-*

Last night, on the ABC Nightly News, they did a sweet segment on Jackie and Shadow (Big Bear nest, San Bernadino, CA), and views from their live cam, and some clips, including the record 62 straight hours of Jackie sitting on the eggs to protect them in the recent CA storms there!! Love them getting this great exposure to a huge audience. More love for the Eagles!  ❤️❤️ :-* :-*

Here's that clip of Jackie and Shadow, from yesterday's news broadcaset - minute-and-a-half:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M4HeNMB__Q
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 12:42:54 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1520 on: February 14, 2024, 12:46:04 PM »

PHYL   Yummy looking heart waffles. :)    Three Saints Valentine - who knew  :o

BL  Glad you reported in.  Wonder how you faired with the huge storm.  Glad to hear you dodged a bullet compared to what it could have been.  :o

TIG   We have the flat plug in night lights all over the house for night time ambient light.  Would need to google hue lighting

LISA  Avocado is the A  in your sandwich???  LOL

KB   Shepherd with ungrateful parents  LOLOL

LANI   Look at those kisses on the pups head   ;D ;D

BAZI    Yes you are right - good story to end ABC news night.  Just make more people aware.  Now they need to show what an eagle looks like with lead poisoning... ::)
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1521 on: February 14, 2024, 02:10:10 PM »

Lightly snowing here....have been watching Mr. Tower perched for more than an hour.
He just took off now. He's my barometer when snow will get heavier in general.

Puff

« Reply #1522 on: February 14, 2024, 02:19:39 PM »

OK, I'll mention my fav - Lighted Scent/Plugs from Yankee Candle.  Three or four doing their things around the house all the time.  Sniff Sniff and See See

P

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1523 on: February 14, 2024, 04:00:17 PM »

Karen - I finally looked up Publix and see it is a Supermarket headquartered in FL!  I wish we had one over in our area. :)
Lani - Hope your migraine is better and happy that Mike seems better too!!
Clynn - Like your cute Valentine's gifs!   That would be great if Richmond & Rose built their nest in the same spot. :)   Amazing photos in real life time!
Tsk - One of my favorite cereals is Grapenuts Flakes (had that this morning)!  I alternate different breakfast items for us too. :)
Phyl - Cute young crane in 365  :)
Hi Puff  :)
BL - Glad you guys dodged a bullet! Jersey was looking very white during the weather segments. :o
Tig - Hope the snow doesn't get to be too much for your area!
Kb - Hope you get some good Spring time rain this year!  Hope you & Ollie had a good walk this morning. :)   Lol! Ollie & plastic bags - gorgeous GS!  ;D
LisaG - Glad you had a good evening with your former co-worker.  I like what you got to eat-yum!
Baz - Thank you for posting Jackie & Shadow!!

Hope everyone is having a nice Valentine's day no matter what you might be doing. :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1524 on: February 14, 2024, 04:29:31 PM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #1525 on: February 14, 2024, 05:50:55 PM »

Hope everyone has had a great Valentine's Day ...

Colt Clark and the Quarantine Kids play "L-O-V-E"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X70bbJtjZfA

Work has been moderate for number of customers, but out of control for setting spring.  1-3 aisles per day are getting reset.  Started this in mid January.  We even got a shipment of fruit trees in last Thursday.  With the warm weather, much has gotten done in the Garden Center - about half of the aisles are set and stocked, with the rest of them set for March.

Some more cat videos...
Cats are warmed by a wood stove in winter   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k57V13IQszU

Things My Youngest Cat Learned from My Older Cats - Part III   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em309VXIBfc&t=14s

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

karengramke

« Reply #1526 on: February 14, 2024, 06:22:07 PM »

Lani, I want one of these bright green birds!   Or maybe two since they seem like love birds and would be lonesome alone!
Dental appointment this afternoon that went well!  Cleaning and  xray!   Go back in 6 months!   He was surprised to see me wanlking fast thru the halls as he was not real sure I would make it when I visited him from the home and then just after I got home  at which point I had undiagnosed vertigo!  Lol!   Well, now all I have to do is make it until September!
Dr. a Hall came by today with another plant!   This one is a dainty white rose!  Quite pretty!
When it out grows its little pot I will transplant it and move it to the screen porch!
Clynn, when I saw tge pictures of Deadwood. i thought, what a difference a day makes but of course this major transformation took  way more than a mere 24 hours!
Eagles, you. Are right about Publix!  This is where Phyls Jim works.   The stores sre all over the south.  In a recent ranking of grocery stores, Publix was in the top 3 for customer service, etc.  it may have been 2 behind Cosco who had improved and moved to number 1.
Off to clean up the kitchen after a dinner of Shrimp Alfredo and a garden salad!  May also get another cuppa!   
Seds
Love the cheap etc, old Guy! So true!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1527 on: February 14, 2024, 06:26:15 PM »

karen, you are doing so well, being at home! Proud of you! I am glad you have Dr. Hall around to check on you!

Lani, those sweet little parrots...love is in the air!

E4E, I haven't had grapenut flakes in forever! I think I will have to try them again! I have been having 2 scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of Sarah Lee De-Lightful toast with reduced calorie butter, only 3 points on WW! But I need some variety!

Puff, love those Yankee Scent Plugs, Amber and Sandalwood is my favorite. I like the Yankee car freshners too!  My favorite candle of all times is WoodWick Redwood. Fragrance: A complex scent combining rich redwood with sandalwood and soft amber.  Love the earthy scents!

tsk, I have night lights all over the house too, so I know where I am going at night... some I turn on and off, some automatically come on when it gets dark enough.

baz, great video of Jackie and Shadow. I so hope they have a good year this year!

Lani, poor Mike, I would have hoped the euphoria from Sunday would have made Monday sting less... Sam had his neuter today, he is fine except that Sophie doesn't like the scents on him and keeps hissing and bopping him. I think they will be okay in a day or two! She gets her spay next week.  Boy, I have a LOY of $$$ invested in these sweeties! Sam got chipped, Sophie will next week.

Lisa, isn't it kind of sacrilegious to go to an Italian restaurant and have a BLT?  ;D ;D  I agree, bacon goes wonderfully with pancakes and syrup!

oldguy, you have been busy! Throw Valentines Day, and now Easter in there for the seasonal stuff!  Maru, Hana and Miri love the wood stove! I would too!

Interesting article regarding this Midwest 'Lost'winter: https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2024/02/14/record-warm-winter-greatlakes-midwest-snow-ice-climate/
(karen sent me this but it was also in the Des Moines Register today)

Phyl, I saved your pic of the hearts from this morning, I think I could make those! Very pretty!  I used to do a lot of crafts back in the 90's.

SWFL - A little family photo with everyone in the nest. Then F23 flew up to the attic to get ready for nighty nite time & M15 joined her. Lit'l Bit is sleeping and everyone has a full crop and ready for sleep ♥SED♥

Good Night Beakers!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 07:48:01 PM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #1528 on: February 14, 2024, 06:26:37 PM »

kb - LOL, especially the plastic bag part.  Good pic of Mr Tower!

Lani - Thanks for the kind words for Mama.  I did not get to see Miss Sydney, but I did mail her a 1st Valentine's card.

baz - Thanks for the clip.  Jackie is amazing!

tsk - Yes!  It was avocado.  It was a nice addition to the sandwich.

E4E - I know you were talking to tsk about your cereal, but my new favorite cereal from Cheerios is their Hearty Nut Medley - Cinnamon Maple flavored.  So good. 

oldguy - Thanks for the Q-kids video. 

karen - Glad you had a good dental appt.  I wish we had a Publix here, too.  Dinner sounded yummy!

Have a good night, everyone!

BrokenLug

« Reply #1529 on: February 14, 2024, 06:38:13 PM »

clynn the Ying & the sorta siamese Yang  :)

LOL here.

Now we know which one is which.   8)  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoSn2Y-b6wI

She's going to be a pisser mark our paws.   ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 07:13:06 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.