Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 329823 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1485 on: February 13, 2024, 08:58:21 AM »

Good Morning Beakers......Happy Mardi Gras!!!!!!

It started with rain here this morning, and now we are having a lil snow shower this morning.

Phyl - Love the mushroom good night pic.  Cute Mardi Gras wreath.  Thanks for all the extra links today. 

clynn;D all the names of the girls in your office!  Cool pic from Wheeler Hoodoos, Creede, Colorado.

oldguy - Good job on the card game this weekend.  Thanks for videos, still going thru some.  :D

E4E - And, Misty loves to eat, every 5 minutes.  ;D

tsk - You are busy already this morning. 

Lani - Check in!

kb, karen and all - Morning  :)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1486 on: February 13, 2024, 11:19:10 AM »

bounce

Here ya go  TSK, et al... :  https://bigstickstudio.com/themed-puzzles/cats-wooden-puzzle

Lani... ????

The pool was warm and somewhat quiet today. I usually don't go on Tue, Thu because they have a class. But the instructor was out because her husband is having heart surgery.

HAGD
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1487 on: February 13, 2024, 11:39:20 AM »

Happy Shrove Tuesday Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Morning Beakers,
I didn't feel good last night while typing my post. I clicked post and shut my computer, but I see this morning my post didn't make it in. Sorry. :(

Lisa, glad to hear Bandit is doing well and gained his 1 lb. back... so glad your mom is staying home this year. She's listening to her body.... Fatty Patty  ;D

Tsk, Identifying this year's cam Albatross family is made a bit easier by using the area the albies nests are located. Top Flat (TF) is family on the left of cam shot on level grass. Top Flat Track (TFT) lower nest in tall grass right of cam shot.

Kb, sweet pic of pup/kitty buddies sitting in front of a warm fire. YAY Chris!  ;D. ... what a lovely story about Frank Kafka, such a sweet kind man.  :-*

Baz, oh my last night's Jayhawk's game was devastating... Mike turned off the tv, lights and went to bed. When I finally got up from my desk to go to bed, it was dark, I tripped over Sadie, over the cats waiting at their usual spots for me. My hot tea spilled on the floor :P. I mean Mike turned off all the lights! All the way to the master bathroom. Not even night lights on! geez!  :o  I don't know if he'll ever watch a game again, he was so traumatized.  :-X  LOL! I'm laughing in my office right now, door shut. He's still not talking... I hope you and Zippo are okay with the storms coming. Take care.

Tig glad you were able to have some pool time... Rice Krispies Bars, YUM!!! It's been years since I've made them...  Amen for the Lakewood Church community... What a cool wooden cat puzzle!  8) ... another nice morning to use the pool, prayers for the instructor's hubby's surgery.

Eagles, SF have a great team, it was a great game. Did you enjoy your drive in the VW.

Tsk, beautiful puzzles. They would be fun to do....

Lori, Love SWFL gifs, I can't believe how big E23 has grown! Time goes by too fast. Love the look E23 gives mom after wing flap.  :-*

Phyl, sweet good night pic, that would make a great puzzle... beautiful nature video from Japan.... thank you for RRP update on the Decorah Norths... thanks for the history of Mardi Gras.

Clynn, If you read my post to Baz, you will know Mike hasn't calmed down and it's not because of the Chiefs, it's his Jayhawks!  :-X ... I'm minding my own business, and I'm hoping pancakes for tonight's dinner will sooth the beast!  ;D .... amazing Wheeler Hoodoos... Beautiful pics this morning, love the pic of the French Quarters, NO... I wish someone would go up and help R & R with their nest.

Oldguy, you were busy last night, thanks for all the links, I'll check them out today.

BL, I'm not surprised you've explored a Hoodoo. LOL!... very sad about the loss of 5 marines. We've lost quite a few by accidents these past few months.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1488 on: February 13, 2024, 12:12:12 PM »

OLDGUY  Claire is a really interesting person and to reveal herself as she did -  :o    Black cats  ;D ;D

PHYL   Thanks for all the Mardi Gras links  ;)

KB   Nice story about Kafka

TIG   Thanks for the puzzle link  $$$$$   LOL

LANI  Hope you are feeling beter today.  :-*   Poor ((((Mike)))  :'(
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1489 on: February 13, 2024, 12:13:40 PM »

bounce

Lani - glad you survived. Turn those lights on grrl !!!

the krispie bars for us... I use a whole stick of butter, extra marshmallows, extra vanilla, so they stay gooey, not hard. This time I even added these on top of each one. "Magically delicious!"  https://www.target.com/p/kraft-lucky-charms-marshmallows-7oz/-/A-54538256

Camper is a big fan of Lucky Charms. Poor thing...

I've been doing puzzles here lately:  https://www.jigsawplanet.com/

BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1490 on: February 13, 2024, 12:41:02 PM »

Lisa, Fatty Patty! there is a girl that I worked with, she was like Mia Farrow, her name was Patty, and we called her Fatty Patty! And then there was Smitty, who we called Shi**y Smitty. Then there were the three tall skinny girls who walked the halls, we called them Charlie's Angels. Once in a while a male friend would walk with them, we called him Bosley. Oh well.... ::)

baz, stay safe, don't get blown away! Here's a good oldie I am sure you will remember!

Clynn, you bet I remember that song!! Haven't heard it in a long, long time though.  :)  LOLOLOL on the nicknames for those people at your workplace!!   ;D ;D ;D  Your mentioning that makes me miss one of my good buddies from my old corporate headquarters workdays... she and I did much the same... so funny!  :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #1491 on: February 13, 2024, 12:53:59 PM »

GOOD MORNING

CLYNN   500 - 1 week   1,000- 3 weeks   About 1 1/2 to 2 hours /day  ;)    Funny memories of school nicknames.  ;D   Hoodoos remind me of hobbits...   
   Thanks for update on SF BAY osprey  nest  Will be interesting to see what happens there

OLDGUY   Renamed the card shark!   WOW  the Islands are really undergoing some natural disasters .  What's up?    Those Ed Sullivan pieces were great  Little Michael J.  :o  Will need to come back and finish all your great posts.  An then there was this! ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrn8nTMcv_k

PHYL   Nice opening to Mardi Gras today  :)

CLYNN   Thanks for update on SF BAY osprey  nest  Will be interesting to see what happens there

Will need to get going early today  Will finish all the good links at lunch  LOL

TSK, love your puzzles you posted!!! Oh, for sure, "Hound Dog" is my all-time fav Elvis Presley song!!!  :D :-*  It was the very first song of his I remember hearing, and I was really, really little then!! But I remember when and where I was when I heard it, and it has stayed with me ever since.  :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #1492 on: February 13, 2024, 01:08:25 PM »

Happy Shrove Tuesday Beakers!

Baz, oh my last night's Jayhawk's game was devastating... Mike turned off the tv, lights and went to bed. When I finally got up from my desk to go to bed, it was dark, I tripped over Sadie, over the cats waiting at their usual spots for me. My hot tea spilled on the floor :P. I mean Mike turned off all the lights! All the way to the master bathroom. Not even night lights on! geez!  :o  I don't know if he'll ever watch a game again, he was so traumatized.  :-X  LOL! I'm laughing in my office right now, door shut. He's still not talking... I hope you and Zippo are okay with the storms coming. Take care.

Lani, oh no! I missed the KU game last night, but I just looked it up. Ugh! What a shellacking!! Well, I know what that feels like - my team has had their share, for sure. Ugh! After my team's 2 losses last week, we fell from number 3 to number 7 this week.  ::) I'm glad it wasn't worse though. My Heels play tonight at 7p, eastern time. I'm nervous now, after hearing your story!! I hope Mike comes around before KU's next game, on Saturday, I think I saw... Oh my, I'm sorry you felt bad, and hope you're feeling better, but you just about "tripped the light fantastic!" on your way to bed last night!!  :o  Good grief! Glad you, and all the sleeping furries there who were in your path, are okay! Yes, I think your Fat Tuesday pancake supper will help soothe Mike.  ;D  I want some! With extra bacon, please, too?  ;D/size]

baziunc

« Reply #1493 on: February 13, 2024, 01:13:06 PM »

HAPPY MARDI GRAS, BEAKERS!  :D

The fishies couldn't make it to the Mardi Gras parades today, so they are celebrating this way:

;D ;D

LisaG1967

« Reply #1494 on: February 13, 2024, 02:32:32 PM »

Lani - I hope you are feeling better today, and Mike, too!  I know pancakes would make me feel better.  :D

tig -LOL, magically delicious, and anything with extra butter and vanilla has to be good.

baz - LOL, fish thrill rides

See you all tomorrow.  I am going to dinner in an hour with former co-worker.  We haven't been in a while, and we need to catch up. 

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1495 on: February 13, 2024, 05:53:29 PM »

Phyl - Thanks for links! Liked reading the history of Mardi Gras - a lot of fantastic info  :)!!    Liked that Mr. North and DNF are busy with nestorations! ;D  They are a beautiful couple!
Clynn - Thank you for the SF Bay Osprey info - sad to read about the status of the nest, but hopefully we will find out where, and if, a new nest is built.
LisaG - Like that Misty likes to eat!! ;D   Have a great evening out with your former co-worker!
Hi Karen!
Kb - What an interesting story of the little girl & her missing doll. Like the picture of the author.
Tig - I bet that 100 pc puzzle is very challenging!! ;)

Lani - Oh no, I feel so bad for you tripping in the dark and spilling your tea last night - and sorry for your night post not posting. :(   Hope tonight is better. {{Lani}}    Yes we enjoyed our ride to Monterey in our VW bus yesterday!
Tsk - That is a pricey puzzle - probably more than you or I would pay! Lol!   I too, prefer to do a hands-on puzzle on a table rather than 'on line'. :)
Baz - Cute 'Fish thrill ride'! ;D
BL - I bet you have some good hoodoo stories!  As someone said, you could write a book!
Lori - Thinking of you and hoping your Grandma Helen is doing a little better.
OG - Has work been busy?  You will probably be setting out 'Spring time' stuff soon!
Hi Puff! How are you doing? Thinking of you and sending a gentle hug. :)

Beakers have a good evening and all stay safe in the snow and rainy weather.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1496 on: February 13, 2024, 06:20:48 PM »

TIG    Rice Krispy treats were always too sweet for me.  LOL  Like the Lucky Charms marshmallows tho.  ;)  Nice touch  Puzzles keep your brain sharp!  ;) ;)

LANI    Now you need to keep a flashlight in your pocket  ;D ::)    T :ohis is one reason why we wanted a whiter cat!!

BAZI    LOL   Fish thrill rides  ;D

LISA   Have fun tonight  ;D
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #1497 on: February 13, 2024, 08:40:46 PM »

Lani, do carry a flash light!  Hope you and Sadie came out of your trip in good shape!    Love rice crispy treats(the homemade kind)  and tig yours
 sound like More!   Sure you enjoyed them!
Went to Publix today fora  script and there were balloons everywhere!   So festive!   Felt like a party in there.
Lani, like Baz, I will have some pancakes with an extra side of bacon!
Good night all.  Seds

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1498 on: February 13, 2024, 11:25:06 PM »

Tsk, I had a migraine last night, feeling much better tonight. Mike's better too!  ;D.... I

Tig, Didn't want to bother Mike by turning the lights on, he wakes up at 5am... yep, your Krispies bars are magically delicious!  ;D
Thanks for the puzzle link. Pretty puzzles.

{{{Baz}}} sending hugs, Mike watched NC play tonight! ugh! sorry  :( .... I'm still not use to seeing longtime teams I've been watching with new coaches... Mike made banana pancakes, I was his sous chef and made bacon, fried potatoes... fishies thrill ride!  ;D

Lisa, yes, I'm feeling better tonight... Have a good time with your friend/former co-worker.  ;D

{{{Eagles}}} It's a better night, everyone's asleep but me right now... Sadie and Milo is sleeping on the bed with Mike. Norman is sound asleep in his basket next to my desktop... I hope all is well with you and Kris.

{{{ SED Karen and Piper}}} :-*

{{{Puff}}} :-*

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.[/size]
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1499 on: February 14, 2024, 06:29:40 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, glad to hear you and Mike are feeling better! I also wake up at 5:00 in the morning, can't seem to change. That was the time I got up to get ready for work for a long time... Oh no, sorry you stumbled in the dark, can you take your phone with you and turn on the flashlight? I bet you get that 'peaceful easy feeling' when you look at all your loves sound asleep... That hat on that kitty is so cute! Banana pancakes, sounds good!

karen, the stores will be crowded with guys buying flowers today! Our grocery store has a floral department, they always set up an extra place for flowers to be purchased on Valentines Day.

tsk, I got a mental picture of you fishing out the marshmallows from the Lucky Charms! Do you know you can get just Marshmallows?

E4E, yes, i hope Richmond and Rosie rebuild their nest in the same spot! I love those two ever since i saw the video about the hat!

Lisa, I need to catch up with a couple of co-workers soon! We have to wait until the one that moved to Tucson comes here! Catching up is fun, so much is going on there now!

baz, I can't decide which is my favorite Elvis song, there are so many... always liked Suspicious Minds. But that's just one...  ;D

SWFL Eagles - Baby E amazingly growing like a weed 2-10-2024 ♥️🦅🦅♥️  Photo courtesy to Steven Wickwire

Main Street - Deadwood, S Dakota. See more: https://themindcircle.com/old-photos-in-real-life/?fbclid=IwAR1Hk0qMz3wl_Bg6VX_Va14ZpkKwcLk_8s-aw1yk0O94ukEphPZcBWZlqsg

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown