Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 599907 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1455 on: February 12, 2024, 11:40:54 AM »

LANI    Thanks for the Royals report .  I find myself actually saying their names in colors so I remember  LOL.   I remember LGK is the male cuz K ( black) is for king.  LOLOL   ;)    And we do have a "Beautiful Morning" here.  Sun shining and heading to mid 40's
Too bad about LIV...We watch the seniors too.

LISA   Bandit doing good  ;D  Is distemper required by law?
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1456 on: February 12, 2024, 12:45:30 PM »

Phyl - thanks for that detailed historical info on the mosaic..

When I watch this I think of BL and Pip!:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1757024076823142849

Took a walk with Ollie man (40 degrees) but windy and a toe nail clip earlier which went very well.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1457 on: February 12, 2024, 01:15:52 PM »

Happy Rainy Monday, Beakers!!  :)

Rainy days and Mondays do not get me down.  ;) ;D

I walked 27 minutes yesterday before the game. Yay, Chiefs!!  :D

I won't walk today - rain, rain, rain... expecting 2-4 inches here, from when it started early last evening, till whenever it quits tomorrow. Then will get high winds here as this system turns into a Nor-easter overnight tonight, and rolls up the coastline to dump more rain, wind, and major snowfall on the coastal Northeastern U.S. The wind advisory has already posted here for tonight and tomorrow. It will be a gale along the coastline, and expecting 40+mph winds here, but much higher for the Northeast, as that system quickly intensifies later today and tonight into a Nor'easter. NYC, and the New England coastal regions will get a fast-paced 6-12 inches of snow out of it, at least! It would be way more snow, except for the fact that it will move through so quickly.

Karen, stay alert today - you're in the area with a much-elevated risk of severe weather today. You and Piper stay safe!

Lisa, is your mom still planning on going to Gulf Shores? Mobile has such a big Mardi Gras scene, I guess I'm a little surprised she's going to Gulf Shores instead, though that sure is a pretty place, in good weather. I ate my dinner before the game yesterday, too! LOL, and moved on to snacks during the game.  ;D

Lani, you and I have had some nerve-wracking sporting events this week, LOL. First, both our fav college basketball teams barely squeaked out wins in their basketball games a few days ago, and then the Super Bowl game... what a finish - in OT!! I watched it all, and loved the ending!  ;D I love that song you posted, too - Beautiful Day, by the Young Rascals.  :)

Clynn, that "Good Lovin'" is another great song by the Young Rascals you posted! Their stuff was so melodic and catchy. Those outfits they're wearing on that Ed Sullivan Show... LOL! They look a lot like The Monkees in that clip!

BL, looks like you and Pip and Kopje have a big flash of snow on the way tonight and tomorrow. Wax those runners, and enjoy!  :)

TSK, pro golf sure has gone through a transformation the last few years... for the good, the bad, and the ugly... and some surprising flip-flops by some of the pros.

E4E, sorry about your 49ers... a nail-biter to the finish! It sure could've gone either way. I bet you had some good snacks for you and Kris to enjoy during the game. It was a Party of One at my house... well, two, I guess, since Zippo joined in on a couple of the snacks, but she mostly snoozed during the game, except for when I hollered. LOL!

Oldguy, did you have to work during the game, or did you get a chance to relax and enjoy some of your yummy food treats and watch?

Have a Great Day, Beakers!!  :D

« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 01:18:47 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1458 on: February 12, 2024, 01:51:09 PM »

bounce

I had a good werkout in a warm pool this a.m. I then went to our local pharmacy and purchased a cane with a small 4 cup rubber tip, to use at the Y. Time to do dishes and make Rice Krispies bars.

Good posts all...

(((Lakewood church members)))

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #1459 on: February 12, 2024, 01:58:07 PM »

tsk - I just had the conversation with the vet today about the distemper, as Jeff didn't think it was necessary we get the shots.  It is not required by law here, only rabies.  He said, cats get the distemper vaccine to keep three different diseases away.  Even tho they are indoor kitties, he says, they should still get the shot, since the disease can be passed to them from the shoes we wear outside and such.  And, with all the kitties that we have outside, he said it is best to get the vaccine for Bandit and Misty to keep them healthy.

kb - I am glad that you and Ollie got your walk in today.

baz - Hahaha!  I do not think Mama is going to Mardi Gras tomorrow, even in Gulf Shores.  I think she thought she was going to feeling 100%, just two weeks after having major surgery.  It is taking her a lil longer to feel better than she thought. She's having a lil trouble sitting up straight in a chair.  She says, I feel ok when sitting in my car.   ::)

tig - Sounds like a good day for you.  Mmmm, Rice Krispies bars!

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1460 on: February 12, 2024, 02:03:53 PM »

Congratulations to KC and to Lani & all the KC fans out there!!     It was a nail-biter of a game for sure!!  Of course we are still licking our wounds over here! 

Baz - A rainy day for you today!  We have sun, but it is a cool 58 today - we'll take it tho!  CA has had a ton of rain lately that its nice to be dry for a little bit!
We had snacks for the first part of the game, and then we had Tri-tip sandwiches (meat sliced thin on french sandwich roll) and I had made a potato salad. :)
I'm glad you & Zippo had some yummy snacks and good food too!! ;D   I wish everyone could be a winner in the Superbowl, but of course that is impossible - someone has to lose. :(
Karen - You are so right about those other football teams; there were some really Great playoff games leading up to Superbowl!! You & Piper have a nice day. :)
Hi Tig!
Lani - I can only imagine the loud applause & hollers in your house following the game last night! ;D ;D  Again, Congrats to you & Mike's team 'Chiefs' on their fantastic win!!
Clynn - I loved the tribute; Lahainaluna HS Football team - this choked me up, it was so touching.
Phyl - Thank you for Aryana Hummingbird - I will come back later to the links!
Tsk - Yes! Last night's game was a nail-biter - so intense during the OT!!
LisaG - Hope all went well at Bandit's vet appt.  :)
Kb - So appropriate for BL & Pip; Animals/pets and a warm fire! ;D

Lori - Thank you so much for your PM - Folks, this did Not have to do with football! Lol!

We haven't taken our vw bus out for a ride in a long while, so we are getting ready to go!  We are taking advantage of the dry streets in our area now! ;D

Beakers have a nice Monday  :)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1461 on: February 12, 2024, 04:15:34 PM »

CLynn enjoyed the snaps of Moab, Utah and Kim's of the sheep next door in her central Tasmania  home town.

Tsk   I took another look at todays N365 and those yezo with the white lower jaw  makes appear to have an 'overbite'. Luv their cute
fluffy heinies !

Lani many thanks for the Royal A. update and snaps. That is truly a lovely photo of TF and Dad with the
sunshine highlighting their faces. Great videos by LH, too.

Lisa very relieved to know your mama is sitting this Mardi Gras---out.  ;) ; good news w/Bandit---Maggie's filling out too! How's Misty?
I think the country will be reeling from Chief's SB victory for a long time.  ;)

KB just luv 'the best frens...' from Twitter ( or X) such a sweet photo of puppy and kitten. And, yes I think of BL and PIP  when I see it too.  ;)   Glad you and the Ollieman had a nice brisk walk and his mani went well too.

Tig  envy you, your AM swim laps. Rice Krispies bar. Last time I eat any of those it was Mom's handiwork.  :-* :'(

Eagles do enjoy your four wheel cruising   ;)   --- Right it's really raining, a downpour !
 If it ever warms up good and proper---watch out Jimmy !!

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1462 on: February 12, 2024, 04:56:32 PM »

KB   How sweet that little cat and dog warming up by the fire  ;D   Did Chris go along to the vet for the nail clip?

BAZI   In for some rough weather and glad you do not live on the NE coast  :o

TIG   Smart move with the cane...Who are the Rice Crispy bars for ?  or shouldn't I ask  LOL

LISA  Does Mom have a recliner?  I think that cars have seats that somewhat recline so...maybe is why she likes it better?  Or is it at the kitchen table straight back chair she feels uncomfortable?   So glad she decided to listen to her body and not go to the parade.

EAGLES  I bet you need to take that VW out for a ride pretty often or do you keep a trickle charge on it?
Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1463 on: February 12, 2024, 05:12:00 PM »

some of my puzzles

Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1464 on: February 12, 2024, 05:13:22 PM »

tsk - no, Chris didn't go with me today...wish he would but he said he would have with any snow or ice...LOL..not sure how that would have helped but oh well ;) Of course Ollie cried on the way there, was anxious in the waiting room so I let him walk around and sniff everything which calmed him. In the room we go to I hold him on his back and all went well even with a new tech. They changed the big chair to a smaller one which meant a little "thinking" was in order to figure out how to lift him up on me on his back but we got it. On the way home he was just fine!
I put his kennel in the middle row of my suv and then move the passenger seat back back and tight against it.
He is safer than running around like a banshee in the car crying for sure.

Good news for Chris though is he has finally put on some weight...he's gained 20 needed pounds....yah!..took him about 4 years....

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #1465 on: February 12, 2024, 05:21:18 PM »

SWFL little cutie E23 spreading my wings mama!
See the end so cute (7 second gif) enjoy!!!

Jan 1st 2024
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 06:42:26 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #1466 on: February 12, 2024, 05:53:09 PM »

E4E - Enjoy your outing in the VW bus!

Phyl - Misty is a fatty patty, as we call her.  She never misses a meal, and is always hungry.

tsk - Great job on the puzzles, and all so pretty.  Sitting at the kitchen table, or a straight back chair is what is hurting her.  She feels more comfortable in a recliner or seat of her car.

kb - Yay for Chris!

Lori - Adorable SWFL gifs!

Good Night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1467 on: February 12, 2024, 06:24:24 PM »

KB   You have that vet visit perfected. Chris gaining weight could have something to do with those good crockpots you make  ;) ;)

LORI   Thanks much for E23 getting the feel for life as an eagle  ;)  Always a fun time to watch.  :D
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #1468 on: February 12, 2024, 06:31:50 PM »

Tsk awesome puzzles  ;)   

Lori thanks for update on E23  SWFL---my words has someone been growing and growing.  :-*

KB good news for Chris! Must your meals   ;) :)

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1469 on: February 12, 2024, 06:37:45 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs. Especially
remembering Lakewood Church community

Sauces bald eagle cam