Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 543742 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1350 on: February 09, 2024, 01:16:57 PM »

tsk - I still have landline, but it is also part of my cable package. 

tig - Hope you had a good workout in the pool.

kb - Yum...love pot roast. Beautiful pic of the flamingos.

Puff - I wish I had some paczki.   :D  The Norths look like their nest is ready for some white eggs.

Lani - Now, that is a cool morning pic!

Phyl - Phew...thank goodness you did not have a heart attack! 

baz - ROFL, you are too darn funny!

Puff

« Reply #1351 on: February 09, 2024, 02:47:08 PM »

And this is one of fav hangouts on the on puter on slow days. . .

Hope y'all can link into it.

https://joltofjoyful.com/florida-woman-becomes-one-of-the-few-to-visit-every-country/

In case you've thought ahead of me - 23,  a measley/mere 23 for me.

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1352 on: February 09, 2024, 02:56:57 PM »

KB   Cool flamingos feeding under water.

KAREN   HHA Tues - unless she gets Covid  :-X

LANI   That pup is really enjoying the snow  ;D

BAZI     Still waiting for paperwork on our taxes!!  Love the saying "you did not come this far..."

PUFF   It takes a lifetime to travel to all 173 countries.  More power to her.  You've done more than most of us for sure.  Maybe not BL?
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #1353 on: February 09, 2024, 05:22:18 PM »

Have a good night, everyone  :)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1354 on: February 09, 2024, 05:22:34 PM »

The day here is ending with  loud thunder , lightening and  heavy rain. Dinner will be , Beef tips in mushroom gravy. With noodles in a warm Philly Cheestake sauce. A green salad of romaine, baby spinach and kale. With tomatos and choice of olive oil/vinegar, French or 1000 Island dressing. Wine or a brew.  Later 'King Cake'  served with coffee. Hot cocoa with a movie, maybe.

Puff Re: bluff branch, etc. I thought so too. You've done more traveling than and Jim combined internationally I 'm sure!  Posting photos of your travels sometime? All my childhood travels on are vintage 16mm film of the day. I'm reluctant to open the film canisters---tks for sharing article on the lady who's been to all 173 countries-interesting

BL and Pip of course. Have had many interesting adventures.

CLynn liked your hippy gal today. Did you notice her nails/how they were painted? Thinking
of doing that in the spring--maybe.  I would have to use nail tip guides. LOL Enjoyed ariel views of the Grand Canyon and The Great Pyramid

Tsk sparkly heart shaped gem in cage today. Pretty.

Speaking of baked goods Lisa gonna cut into that King Cake tonight. Think I'll gently warm it per slice at serving. Do you do that? Can barely wait for the first Sydney videos. Happy to hear your mama and FIL are doing well.

KB tks for flamingos this AM. I've read that their 'pink' color comes from  eating algae that contains carotenoid pigments. Flamingos e at both algae and shrimp-like critters, and both contribute to their  lovely pinkness.  And shrimp , too,  are actually pink from the algae they consume.

Lani enjoyed the husky frolicking  in snow/catching snow balls. Maggie's doing very well and eats like an oinker. But slow to add weight on this Hill's KD as it's low in protine. Jim's taken a snap of her and I. Ought to post it some time.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 05:41:27 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1355 on: February 09, 2024, 05:33:40 PM »

One more Aryanna Hummingbird for the day...

January 29, 2024
Hatch Day! Aryana Hummingbird's First Brood of 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw8Ps3CL7mo

Jan 29, 2024
Aryana is an Allen's hummingbird who's built her nest in a Gartenmeister Fuchsia in the coastal area of Southern California. Explore.org is live-streaming this nest.

We celebrated our first on-screen chick sighting at 6:37 a.m. PST on January 29, 2024.
The first feeding takes place at 6:45 a.m. PST
NEST DATA:
Nest building efforts first spotted on December 25, 2023
Egg laying: Jan 12, 2023 at 6:49 a.m. and Jan 14 at 6:58 a.m.
Incubation period started on January 14th, at 6:58 a.m.
Hatch occurred on Day 16 of Hatch Watch

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1356 on: February 09, 2024, 05:33:55 PM »

Good Night Everyone...
SEDs...sending 🙏 's to all .

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1357 on: February 09, 2024, 06:02:39 PM »

PHYL   Those could be the rains that went through parts of the area here yesterday.  Dinner sounds great.  Did you ever check with your library about ways to transfer 16 mm to a disc?  We have that at our library..  Beautiful poppies.

We hit 56 today which officially tied for the high. First one was way back in the 1860s  Back to the 40's for next few days but still above the 34 degree average for days and days now.
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1358 on: February 09, 2024, 09:41:53 PM »

Lani - My mom is doing okay - still deals with some issues, but thank you for asking!  She & my sis will be coming over tomorrow afternoon!  Weather was nice today (and dry)  temp was a high of 56.   Cute night pic - I don't know how you find these darling pictures (kitties nestled in bunk beds)!
Phyl - Shouldn't your temps be getting a lil warmer in the next day or so?  Thank you for Aryana!  Just read what your weather was like today; wow - I hope it gets better soon!   Yummy dinner! :)
Clynn - About the land line phones; they had a segment on 'The Today Show' a couple of days ago - I think it was Wednesday. Thats when they talked about the telephone land line getting phased out. :(    I think it will be bad for folks who live in areas where they don't have a strong signal for their Internet/Cell phone. >:( ::)
LisaG - So glad to hear that Jeff's dad's procedure went well!
Tig - Hope you had a good pool time!
Kb - Yum!! Bet your pot roast was so good!!!
Hi Puff!
Baz - Wow!! Good for you with receiving your tax rebate so soon! :)
Tsk, BL, Og, Lori, Karen  :)

Beakers have a good night. :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1359 on: February 09, 2024, 10:05:39 PM »

{{{Phyl}}} well, relief here. I hope your friend is doing well....that's nice Jim took a pic of you and Miss Maggie. Precious moment  :) ... dinner sounds great! I think I caught a peek of baby hummer's head.... Beautiful poppies.

{{{Baz}}} Early Tax Return!! I'm very happy for you!!  ;D 8)

Puff, Luisa Yu is amazing! Love her story and her zest for life! You have traveled more than all of us combined  :-*.... well, I agree with Tsk, "maybe not BL."

SED Lisa, Tsk, Eagles, Karen, Oldguy   ;D

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #1360 on: February 10, 2024, 05:41:27 AM »

Happy Caturday Everyone !  

Currently 60F cloudy    High  62F  heavy T-storms,  Low 49F 

Tsk   could very well be your rains we're getting.  Wouldn't doubt that. I didn't even think of checking with our library---Main library is downtown.
 LOL I think my card's expired. The cost is horrific IMHO. However, that'd be a nice outing for me and get a 'job' accomplished . Tks for the idea.

Eagles warmer temps soon enough. We have all the azeals  to clear out on the garage side of the house. Leaning   toward those artificial outdoor plants as nothing thrives there and it'd look so barren/unfinished. Probably 'something' taller than shrubbery. OMG! The cost even othe
artificial comparatively.

Lani that c. spaniel puppy on back of bull dog.    :-* :)  Likely, you did catch a 'peek' of baby hummer. I watched the video several times. Those bobble heads are quick

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Chile;The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 06:27:20 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1361 on: February 10, 2024, 05:42:45 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl