Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545084 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1215 on: February 06, 2024, 10:12:57 AM »

bounce

KB... I wonder if Lutsen is cursed or what? https://news.yahoo.com/night-fire-destroys-historic-lutsen-135700217.html#:~:text=Lutsen%20Lodge%20has%20been%20in,Papa%20Charlie's%20at%20Lutsen%20Mountains.

I love liver and onions. Mom was a great cook. I have also enjoyed beef tongue... well prepared by the nephew of a former b.f.

After trying most foods, because Mom said, there is only one I prefer to not eat... Radishes. I do eat most vegetables only because they are good for me though.  >:(

We plan to visit a bakery in another city today... to try the Paczkis

TTFN

I know!...I read that this morning. For a minute or two I thought they were talking about Maddens or Craguns on Gull Lake. so, for me, it was a whew not them....We went to one or the other most summers growing up as a family.
I read the Lutsen resort was sold to someone in 2018....I've actually never been as far north as Lutsen. Just north of Duluth was the northest I got!...LOL

Maplewood?

And, btw, I don't eat radishes either!..yuk

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1216 on: February 06, 2024, 10:52:19 AM »

Red Wing ... Hanisch Bakery and Coffee shop
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #1217 on: February 06, 2024, 10:54:05 AM »

Red Wing ... Hanisch Bakery and Coffee shop

One of my favorite cities.enjoy.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1218 on: February 06, 2024, 11:18:33 AM »

Happy Tuesday from Moose!  :-*

Morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Tig, How sad and tragic to lose the historical Lutsen resort.

Eburg  ;D

Hi Puff :)

Lisa, awww I can't believe how big Sydney is at 6 months! She is such a cutie, love those big brown eyes!  :-*

Kb, can you imagine how tired that turtle must be by the end of the day. LOL! So cute!  ;D

Clynn, cute painted garden pots.... Mike is moving slow and easy, but never complains. Everything is always "I'm good" ... he's been busy working on training longtime employees promoted into higher positions within the main company. He received good news yesterday for three from the Gila Bend staff and two from his Louisiana plant. They've moved up within the company and will move to different towns, and a young new staff has been trained well to take over.... My grandpa cooked weird meat sometimes, but thank God he never tried cow's tongue.
Love Debbie's pic of E23 and mom  :-*

Phyl, It's a perfect day to hunt for sea shells on the sea shore in today's nature video.... Thanks for article on Mardi Gras....
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #1219 on: February 06, 2024, 11:33:13 AM »

CLYNN   wonder if anyone has walked that longest route??     

BL I nominate you to do it!  ;D ;D

Yeah I'll pass on that worlds longest road walk.   LOL    :)  ;D

Boy you all must really want me off this Forum.   ;)   :P

I doubt one would even make it off of the Dark Continent with there skivies on let alone with their scalp.    :o

I prefer my long distance treks with a whole lot less real world dangers and serious hazards.
Comes to mind just a few .. shot, stabbed, kidnapped, bombed, detained, taken hostage, etc, etc ...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 08:44:38 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1220 on: February 06, 2024, 11:45:49 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

I meant to post last evening, but we were watching Netflix after dinner, and then I fell asleep.  We are okay here following all the rain, but I'm sure you have followed the news and have seen that southern Ca folks are having a terrible time.

I need to leave soon for my orthodontic appt., but I will catch up in here later.      I cleared out, and wiped my kitchen cabinets and rearranged - big project that took me 5 hrs!  I have 2 big boxes of stuff to donate and a big bag of throw-aways!

Hope all Beakers are safe.  BBL  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1221 on: February 06, 2024, 12:34:37 PM »

KB   That was so cute.  Didn't seem like kitty wanted that new friend.  Brings a whole new dimension to Aesop's "Tortoise and the Hare"  LOLOL

LISA   She is really sitting up good!!   Think crawling comes around 9 mos??   My nephew skipped crawling altogether - I know some kids do.  :-\

EBURG   Now you did it - or actually I did it by opening that link  LOL  Sha-Boom!

TIG   Have you ever been to that resort?  What a shame..   Paczkis,  integral to Carnival celebrations   :D  Enjoy the trip to Red Wing.  Was there a few decades ago.

LANI   Cute little tongue  ;D

BL   I knew deep down you wouldn't leave us for this "impossible trek"   ;) ;)  I don't think they even had to explain in the article the difficulty in doing this and all the obstacles that present much less "how to pack"  LOL

EAGLES   Love to hear about all the purging.  It's good for the soul.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1222 on: February 06, 2024, 12:37:36 PM »

BL - yeah, the global rescue group had me at Black Mamba....a big NOPE.

Boy, spring fever here...it's 50 now.
Walked Ollie, and then blew leaves and stuff off the grass, and washed my front composite deck.

So tempted to cut down phlox (dead but left for winter interest only), and pick up some garden leaves. Maybe tomorrow.
Yeah I know it's getting a titch colder the second half of February, but seems to me: The writings on the wall, as they say.

LisaG1967

« Reply #1223 on: February 06, 2024, 01:15:23 PM »

tig - I hope you found your Paczkis. 

kb - Me, too...don't care for radishes.

Lani - Thank you  :-*  Aww, cute pics from TRR!

E4E - Good luck at Ortho appt. 

tsk - Yes, she does look like she is sitting up pretty good.  The video that I saw of her trying to crawl, it was a lil funny.  She knew what to do with her legs, just not her arms.  She also would cross one leg over the other while getting up on them. 

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1224 on: February 06, 2024, 01:20:36 PM »

Bouncing
Ok.. we had a healthy ? breakfast Sammy from White Castle and a heathy homemade soup and half egg salad Sammy for lunch. Guess what is for supper?!?? Oink.

Now looking for BEs along the mighty river.

TSK... we stayed at one of their properties once, years ago.

UPDATE... 2 BEs  soaring over water and 5 fishing boats. No partridge yet.
Update... Add 1 BE nest!
And now, closer to home... Spotted 2 BE and a nest near the old DNR nest.  :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 02:32:01 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #1225 on: February 06, 2024, 03:27:23 PM »

And a sweet Hello back to you Lani.

P

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1226 on: February 06, 2024, 03:43:34 PM »

Lisa  Sydney looks like she's holding herself up quite well.  Very cute snap too.

Hi eburg Boy!  Do I know about 'ear worms' ! I've gotten a few that last  for-ever. Seems like. LOL

KB no love for radishes here either. Jim on the other hand-- ::)

Tig  sad about North Shore's  Lutsen Lodge .  Enjoy those Paczkis. These featured in photo are more on the 'dessert' side.

Eagles it's that time of year---early deep cleaning.

Lani 'I'm good.' Jim says that too. Esp when he doesn't want me to know just how he's feeling.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #1227 on: February 06, 2024, 03:52:32 PM »

Bad photo but owls at swfl pasture

Phyl

« Reply #1228 on: February 06, 2024, 04:18:19 PM »

Bad photo but owls at swfl pasture

Thanks for the  update on SWFL nest. The photo enlarges  and that helps.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1229 on: February 06, 2024, 04:18:31 PM »

... Everyone...SEDs 

Sauces bald eagle cam