Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544811 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1185 on: February 05, 2024, 11:18:11 AM »

LISA   Great AM pic - Almost ready for lunch here.  I'm starving.  ;)    A milestone for Sidney  6 mos.  Sitting by herself yet?

KAREN   Mom only served 1 meal as well. Good for her!  ;D
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1186 on: February 05, 2024, 11:43:15 AM »

Royal Albatross - 2/5   Nice round tummy's this morning
Check ups at both nests this morning. Top Flat chick with LGK, weighed 1.01 kg on day 13. TF chick will now be weighed once a week.

Top Flat Track chick weighed 505g on day 5 after a nice breakfast (8:45) with WYL. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1754302201391141020

Ranger Sharyn:
Kia ora koutou (hello everyone)

Today TF chick weighs 1.01kg and is 13 days old. This weight has been entered on the Track the chick’s weight graph:
https://www.doc.govt.nz/nat...

How is my baby doing Colin?  ;D

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Karen and Piper   :)

Lisa, Congratulations to little Miss Sydney!!  :-*

Clynn, thanks for explaining "Chile" I wasn't sure... thanks for Columbo moments. He was one of our past favorites.... what an amazing pic of the ship with our servicemen.

Kb, Big Horn Sheep has a gorgeous view.

Phyl, Watching the Peregrine and Sandpipers, fly pipers fly... oh my what a unimaginable ending for Earhardt or for anyone....

Puff, my mom cooked delicious chop suey, hammock/navy bean soup, stews, but she could not make liver/onion/lima bean palatable for anyone but her.  :-X  My family was deprived of it's taste and smell.  ;D My mother, grandparents never used a cookbook. I received my first cookbook "Better Homes & Garden" as a wedding gift. I still have it.... Thanks for Goose alert. I can hear them now.

Tsk, the Red Shoes is a well-known classic movie. Sometime when you're doing your puzzle, check it out on a cold wintry day.

{{{Eagles}}} wonderful to see your post. I was worried you might have been without power. Thankful your damage is repairable. Is the VW okay after losing the cover? Looks like they shortened the Pro Am because of the weather. Winner announced.... Guess what? The Phoenix Open starts this Thursday. I wonder if it will be rained out the first two days. My weather app has rain starting tomorrow, then turning to snow Thursday and Friday.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1187 on: February 05, 2024, 12:35:08 PM »

SWFL

Clynn, I love the SWFL pics!  :-* :-*  Gotta love the little one's tushie and sleeping with the fishies.  The Mighty M and his missus (can't remember her name right now) look like twins in that picture!  :D  Even their collar feathers look the same. Can't help wondering if they're related. I hope they all make it through with a safe and healthy nesting season and a successful fledge for the little guy.  :) :-*  Those throwback candy cigarettes are still made... I see them in stores every once in a while - especially some of the quick stop type stores that have larger candy selections.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 01:56:28 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #1188 on: February 05, 2024, 12:55:26 PM »

Moving and happy tears:
Elephant caretaker returns after years away and his elephants run towards him. sound up!
https://twitter.com/i/status/1754468913989960065

baziunc

« Reply #1189 on: February 05, 2024, 01:12:37 PM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Eagles, I've been watching the weather forecast for you. I pray you, Kris and all are dry and safe. We've had the PGA Pebble Beach Pro Am on since Friday. Today, the skies look dark and rainy.

Baz, what a great game last night for your Tarheels! Jayhawks had a good one too! Thank God!!  ;D

Clynn, Mike's been working most of the weekend. So far he plans to work out of his home office this week. He is tired from all this traveling, and taking more cat naps sitting in his chair. I don't know how he can do that. My neck would be sore... Ick I hate liver, never cooked it, so my girls have been deprived of having to eat it. Why don't you get Harley a can of baby food liver and see if he likes that.... cute pics of SWFL pics. Great pics of SWFL mom/dad, very serious glare.

BL, sorry I couldn't open.

Puff, Tsk, Kb, Tig, Oldguy, have a good day  :)

Phyl, beautiful Peregrine Falcon, love the cry at the end...

Lisa, red beans/rice yummm!!!

Royal Albatross cam
2/3 TFT chick fostered to the TF nest with LGL

Ranger Colin weighed both chicks this morning & TF chick weighed over 800g. BOK's chick needs a feed & switching with TF chick temporarily will achieve this naturally.

LGL has fed TFT chick twice so far.

Albatross ~ Ranger Colin Swaps The Chicks Into Each Other's Nest! LGL Feeds TFT Immediately 2.3.24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKbM5HBesZ0

Feb 3, 2024
Ranger Colin takes TF (Top Flat) and TFT (Top Flat Track) chick weights. He then returns in about an hour and he swaps the chicks into each others nests.The younger chick TFT went to LGL and LGL's chick TF, went to BOK's nest. The reason for this swap is BOK's chick needs to be fed this morning and she seems to be depleted of food so the two chicks have been switched temporarily to achieve this feeding naturally. Right after Colin departed, Mama LGL began to feed TFT chick and gave a good feeding to her foster chick!! Well done LGL! Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

Lani, LOL, love those "religious" dachshunds of yours!!   ;D So cute!! :-* That's wonderful news for the way the Royal Albie chicks are so easily temporarily fostered to other nests for needed feedings the natural way.  :-*  Thanks for the update. Yes! I was so happy with the Tarheels getting the big win over their major rivals!! Go Team!! Big YAY!!  :D It got kind of dicey there for a while... lots of nervous excitement and anxiety to go around. They will play each other again in a couple of weeks, that time will be at the foe's court. Fingers crossed! I checked in a few times on your KU Jayhawks, and saw the end of that - big win for them!! I know you and Mike were loving that!  :D

Karen, LOL, be your chef... I like the stuff that's not healthy just as much as the stuff that is.  ;)  I work hard to try to make the healthy meals outnumber the ones that aren't so much. LOL. I didn't follow what you meant about being your trainer though... you mean going for walks? LOL. I did walk 38 minutes Saturday (I think that's right?), and 39 minutes yesterday, even though I'm going through a pretty big flare-up right now and have a lot of inflammation from head to toe, including my toes!  ::) Even though I didn't feel like going for a walk, I decided to get out for a short one to see how it would go, and as I usually find, the movement improves the situation, and so I ended up walking longer than I thought I would and felt better when I got back, than when I started. Just gotta keep moving, I say.  ;) :D I am feeling much better today, so I think this flare-up is going to be short-lived. Fingers crossed. I like red beans and rice, too! I've been eyeing the beans in my cabinet, and trying to decide what to make... many options. I saw a video of that big twister in south GA, near the FL line yesterday! It was something else! Glad it was not hitting a more populated area - looks like it stayed in a very rural area, so I hope there wasn't significant damage. I am still reading a couple days of posts here, and replying as I go... so I hope everything stayed safe in your area yesterday when that storm line went through!

Saturday, in prep for my team's big rivalry basketball game, I fixed up some eats to get me through.  ;) ;D  I only had breakfast, so the food I fixed for that 6:30pm game was essentially lunch, game snacks, and dinner, all together! It was a lot!! LOL. I had to make it so I wouldn't order pizza. LOL.  I made a big dish of fresh sliced baby carrots and broccoli florets, to dip in a bowl of Sabra's hummus with olive tapenade topping (yum!), and broiled some shrimp on skewers drizzled with a blend of EVOO and herbs and spices, to dip in a bowl of my cocktail sauce - got some fresh horseradish for that - yum! It was zippy! And a small, toasted "everything" flavored bagel. Oh yeah, with a glash.  ;D  I ate almost the whole thing!!!   :o ;D 8)

Back to catching up on all the posts I missed the last couple of days...  :)

Clicking the pics will turn them right-side up  ;)  The 1st pic below is of my game snacks and food, at the start of the game, and the 2nd pic is what it looked like at the end of the game. !! LOL. A good time was had by all.
  ;D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 01:16:46 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #1190 on: February 05, 2024, 01:44:56 PM »

Looks pretty healthy Baz!   Interesting rivalry with two fairly new coaches!

baziunc

« Reply #1191 on: February 05, 2024, 01:49:06 PM »

Good Morning Beakers!

History Three Thousand · The RMS Queen Elizabeth pulling into New York with service men returning home after the end of World War 2, 1945.
She was able to carry 15,000 people at a time, including 900 crew members. The trip from The British isles to the east coast of the United States usually took 5 to 7 days. During her service in World War 2, the RMS Queen Elizabeth transported more than 750,000 troops, and sailed a total of 500,000 miles (800,000 km).

Clynn, that's just a wonderful photo!!  :-* Not related, of course, but I'm reminded that my closest friend, now in the Atlanta area, and her sister, got to sail back to the U.S. from Europe aboard the then very new QEII, in the summer of 1971, only 2 years after her full maiden voyage. They had great stories to tell from that trip.  :D

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1192 on: February 05, 2024, 02:20:14 PM »

baz, all that food and you just couldn't eat those last 3 little pieces of broccoli?  LOLOL! Your snacks looked delicious!  I would love to take a voyage on one of those ships...and try not to think about the Titanic...

Lani, your religious dogs are a hoot! I just have to throw a cat in there! Thanks for the Alby update, all is well. a great group of rangers taking very good care of them!

Lisa, you brought us a very fancy breakfast this morning! Yum! Sydney will be 6 months?  Where does time go?  We need a picture update!  Our Sydney will be 30 on 2/28, I hopw Erin is planning a great birthday party for her (like she did for him!).

This is the world’s longest continuous road that a person can walk on 🌍

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

baziunc

« Reply #1193 on: February 05, 2024, 02:34:51 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

LOL, Clynn!!  ;D   I know!! Can you belee?!?!?  I ended up putting the last of that brocc in the dish with the last bit of the hummus, and put it in the fridge for a snack. LOL!!

Karen, yes, both of their teams' longtime coaches retired within a year of each other, a few years ago. I just read your post from after the storms yesterday. So glad to know no damage for you and Piper. Whew! Yes, heartbreaking news I've been following the last couple of days in Chile. Prayers for all there.

Lisa, o gawd... I WANT YOUR BEIGNETS!!!!! ALL of 'em!  ;D  I think you must be telling one tall tale about Sydney turning 6 months old... it has to be a time warp!! LOL, just kidding of course.  ;) :D  Happy 6-month celebration wishes for Sydney, and all the family!  :-* :-*

E4E, oh, I'm so sorry your nice canvas cover got torn up. Those winds have been incredible! And the precip, of course. Hurricane force in so many places. I bring in everything from outside that can get blown when we expect big winds here. I'm so glad you didn't have any other damage. I hope you all can stay home, and stay safe. Such terrible damage and hard to see what so many people are going through with that giant storm, right on the heels of a big one that came ashore just a few days prior. I hope all your family are safe, too, of course. Have you, or they, lost power?

((Lori)), I'm so sorry both of your grandmothers have been ill. Prayers for both, especially for your Grandma Helen. Sending extra prayers for comfort and healing for her. You and Destini take care.  :-*

Hi BL and Pip! Thanks for the links. Wonderful rescue efforts. I love foxes!! A fox had kits in the wooded area next to my building several years in a row, and I loved to watch the adult start its rounds each night at dusk, circling the retention pond, hunting for rodents, and such. Later, I would sometimes see it right out my back bedroom window, inches from me, trotting right up along my back brick wall, nose to the ground. Thank you, Foxy, for helping keep the small rodent population down in my back yard, especially those pesky moles and voles!  :-* Such beauties. Sadly, I haven't seen any foxes on this parcel now for the last 2 years. I miss seeing them.

Puff, you're doing it the right way! LOL on waiting for daylight for body discovery.
  ;D

Later, Beakers. Take care, ((All)).

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1194 on: February 05, 2024, 02:45:02 PM »

LANI   According to the weight data, Top Flat is doing really well.  They are having a rough time starting the golf season this year..

KB   Elephants are remarkable creatures.

BAZI   Loved your before and after.  If I took the time to make my food look that appetizing, I'd eat it all too.  :D   Have not seen any of those sayings past the first one.  See you later...  LOLOL

CLYNN   wonder if anyone has walked that longest route??      BL I nominate you to do it!  ;D ;D
Chicagoland

baziunc

« Reply #1195 on: February 05, 2024, 03:25:39 PM »

TSK, I can't believe you had to go to the church just to take down two red cloths before mass. Seems like a church employee, or anyone coming in to prepare for that next mass, could do it, and not make someone else make a special trip just for that. Anyway, you are a special treasure for your church and its parishioners. Well, you're just a special person, all around. Hugs, TSK!  :-*   LOL, I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast cereal on GameDay, so I was hungry!! But it was a LOT of food. LOL, did you notice I was using a small tasting wine glass?  Ha ha... don't be fooled, it was filled to the brim - more than once.  ;) 8)   I didn't do anything extra to make that food look appetizing. It just is, naturally! That is, of course, except to the people who find any of it disgusting;D  8)

Speaking of some of the "disgusting" talk going around recently... LOL!! Yesterday, I roasted a giant 7-and-a-half-pound chicken!  :o (Shh, don't tell Zippo!!) Of course the organ meats - liver and gizzard - were in a packet in the cavity. I was going to cook them as a gift for a couple of neighbor's cats, but instead, I decided to cook them and make giblet gravy, which I hadn't eaten since my mother used to make two separate gravies for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners - one with, and the other without, giblets. Took me down memory lane making that, and it turned out dee-lish! I don't like plain cooked chicken livers, but giblet gravy is tasty to me, and very rich, of course. In fact it turned out sooo tasty, that I pretty much smothered the chicken and roasted onions on my plate with it! So, I indulged in some not-so-healthy add-ons to my otherwise healthy dinner of chicken and veggies yesterday, by pouring on the gravy big-time, and making cornbread, yep, with butter! Oh yum... I indulged! Pre-Grammy's repast.  ;)  See? LOL, below.  ;D

Yep, click the picture to right-side it up.
  ;)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1196 on: February 05, 2024, 06:11:50 PM »

BAZI    I live 6 blocks from church.  The choir director started taking down the red which was great but she didn't know where to hang/put it.  It is a 2 person job to get down the red hanging over the baptismal font and help was there for that.  I didn't want to toss the 70 roses that were in a vase on the altar so started asking people as they were lingering if they wanted any - Got rid of them all. ;D  I'm a member of the art and environment committee and had nothing better to do so no big deal on my part.   (The leader of the group had a dtr that was being confirmed so was unable.) I liked helping out.  ;D        Couldn't fool me with the smaller tasting glass  ::) ;) ;)
I've never seen a 7.5# chicken!!!  Do you invert it over a bottle/can to roast it?   That chicken plate looks delicious.  ;D
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1197 on: February 05, 2024, 06:36:10 PM »

Y'all been talking about your childhood 'liver' meals--- my mom served calves liver as it was a milder taste ( sure it was  ::))  For years I' fed it as small pieces  to our  Toy poodle ' Pierre' under the dinning table. I have a 'patent' on how I  secretly  got it from my plate to the napkin and then to  him.  ;D ;)   LOL

CLynn really enjoyed your middle image from this AM.  Surly someone has walked world’s longest continuous road  by now---BL?    ;)                  Tks QE2  lots of our service members aboard to be sure. I know my dad went over on her and returned on her.

Tsk    'The Red Shoes' is a classic fairytale  by Hans Christen Andersen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Shoes_(1948_film)#:~:text=The%20film%20was%20adapted%20by,was%20directed%20by%20Stanley%20Donen. The 1948 British dramatic  film  is a fave of mine.  It has an interesting rise in box office and journey to the screen. The ballet, itself , was  recently performed in 2023.
A pretty heart this AM. Has Lulu 'forgiven' you for the 'manicure'?   ;)

Lisa Congrats to Sydney,  and her parents on the 6mo. mark.  First birthday not far off now.  ;) 

Lani tks for the Royal Albie update/snaps w/stats. TF seems to be doing well.

Eagles relieved your damages weren't any worse or w/o electricity.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1198 on: February 05, 2024, 06:36:53 PM »

Good Night Everyone...
SEDs...sending 🙏 's to all . Keep warm and stay safe.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #1199 on: February 05, 2024, 08:27:05 PM »

Phyl  I had to smile when you slipped in that reminder (?) to Lisa about Sydney's 1st birthday.  I'll take even money that she already has some thing(s) on hand. ::)

P