Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2023  (Read 145259 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2023
« Reply #1245 on: December 11, 2023, 09:35:24 AM »

No sleeping in today Copper woke me up around 630 but layed in bed til 700  I am wondering if I can give up the cane.   I am walking more inside the house without it.  I think I am bending knees more walking I will have PT check today.   
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

Puff

« Reply #1246 on: December 11, 2023, 09:53:48 AM »

FYI   LB   I never use Stick in the house.  Stopped doing that about a week after discharge, both knees.  HOWEVER  I use it out of the house whenever I leave even if it just outside the house.  Truth be told, I keep one in the garage and one in my car.  Especially since I'm 90% of the time with noone around or have noone to help.  It keeps my walk more sure-footed and easier on hips and back/spine.  It gives me a greater sense of security - I guess that's what I'm trying to say.  If I need Stick I have Stick to rely on.

P   

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1247 on: December 11, 2023, 07:26:31 PM »

funny puff!!!  I have an extra cane in my car and another one at work. LOL  I use the can at times in the house to help me get my knee more consciencely. Today s the first  day I can see and feel that I am bending my knee with cane.  Also a little without cane. I definily use can outside when I swalk Copper. I think I can walk without cane but the walkways here are not very straight they lift  a lot of them need to be redone plus pine cones along walk ways. I mentioned to one of the PT I want to give up the cane they will evaluate me I think Wednesday. He mentioned they will probaby say ok for inside but may still need to use outside they want to see if I can walk without cane with obstacles they make up and curbs.  Theyhave steppers and height of curbs they want to see if I can do them without cane.  I told him I dont use cane at home a lot of times.   
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

Puff

« Reply #1248 on: December 11, 2023, 07:36:12 PM »

Hate curbs!!!!  How can something so insignificant be such a pain in the ...

P

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1249 on: December 12, 2023, 07:56:13 AM »

I hate curbs Puff!! If I can I avoid them.      PT I got to talk to the guy who I usually work with but havent since my surgery.  He joked with me all the work he has done to prepare me for surgeey was for nothing since I havent seen him.  I wa slike I iddnt schedule who I saw, you desertd me. I think I am seeing him next week sometime.  I mentioned to him I am ready to get rid of cane on the most part he said to tell who I am working with tand they will evaluate to see if I am ready.  he thinks if anything inside the house probably out side hes not sure he would have to see if I can maneuver around obstacles.  I hope I get to see him soon.  he advances me..  I am just doing the same thing with the gals I am seeing I am ready  for new and advanced stetches and exeecsises.

The stuture area is so raw it bothers me when it rubs against clothes  calves still stifff.   

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1250 on: December 12, 2023, 09:27:23 AM »

...Happy Tuesday !  

Currently 30F   High  48F sunny,  Low 30F.

See my hematologist this Wednesday . And same afternoon another followup with PCP  ::)
Do have an appt with EENT surgeon  in Nashville for Wednesday 20th. Taking along  a copy of the ER physician's report
since neither he or I will have access to imaging's CT scans. Then he can tell me what no one has.
I love our nativity it's beautiful ---found it at a Cracker Barrel two decades ago. I'll have to post a daytime snap  too, so the detail can be seen.
Our bluebirds are wintering here as usual---occasionally I spy them using the nesting boxes like they do holes in a tree this time of year.

LB good inspirations today and yesterday.  Glad you had some time to 'sleep in' and you are improving enough to not rely so much on a cane.  Speaking of, I still have my late mother's store in a closet.  After she passed and went thru her things, I remember thinking that it would be good to hang on to as one just
never knows. Let's see you start working from home next Monday?

Hi Paulie and Puff
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1251 on: December 12, 2023, 09:33:35 AM »

Good Morning,

LB, Darn to not sleeping in yesterday. Did you today? Maybe Copper had more activity the day/night before that had him more tired that allowed you to sleep in.
Good news about your progress and decision about using cane. Awesome you feel ready for more advanced exercises.

Hi Puff Do you have your pretty Hallmark Christmas ornament displayed? I'm referring to the ornament you wanted to buy years ago when shopping and you encountered a lovely lady who had been at the store who left a note for you about the ornament. I think the note she left you was at the cash register. I might have the details a bit wrong. I do remember it is a lovely Christmas happening and story for you.

Busy time of the year here. I guess I should say much busier. Finally have a full week of sunshine to look forward to. Yay

Phyl, I just saw you and I were posting about the same time.
Good news about your Dr appointments. Your nativity scene sounds beautiful. Cool about the Blue Birds.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 09:36:18 AM by paulie »

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1252 on: December 13, 2023, 07:35:33 AM »

Good morning, Yes I start work Monday.   I am excited but not  getting used to the leasure life but getting board.  LOL I cnt believe christmas is 1-1/2 weeks where did the time go.  lost another 3lbs bring it down to 25 . yippee   I  have been stressed so not eating much . No did not sleep in  today
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 07:46:32 AM by LBLNJ0668 »

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1253 on: December 13, 2023, 08:43:34 AM »

Good Morning,

LB, Okay to you resume work Monday. I agree with you saying where did the time go! I'm speaking about you. Wow you've accomplished a LOT since Nov 7!! Your getting board is understandable.

Congrats to you losing more lbs! Stress can definitely do that. It's the only benefit when stressed.

Hey is your sty gone now? Hope so.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1254 on: December 13, 2023, 05:37:35 PM »

Just checking  in a little restless.  Hi Paulie. The sty is gone   Are you all ready for Christmas?   

My nephew got engages while they were on vacation in France. 

Phyl

« Reply #1255 on: December 13, 2023, 06:51:52 PM »

Hi there!
Got an excellent report from hematologist on CBC! Platelets are a 240k pml ! A solid normal!!!
Remission is holding very well. Almost 5 yrs now.

LB great news on the sty!! great news on all your progress! Youve come a l-o-n-g way!
  Congrats to your nephew ---how romantic a proposal in France.

Hi Paulie
all my Christmas shoppping is complete. And packages will be arriving all week long thru weekend.
Got Maggie  a new set of dishes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CB9QMZFH/ref=pe_386300_440135490_TE_simp_item_image?th=1
The other holder and SS bowls had been around since Mike was a kitten and getting loose. pLUS I had to rig it to rise to 6" and have tilted dishes.
Hoprully this will work nicely.

Gonna call it a day here!
SED's Everyone !

#istandwithisrael

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1256 on: December 14, 2023, 07:29:35 AM »

Good morning  Those are a nice set of dishes for maggie, Phyl

I see the cardiologist this morning when I did my pre surgery tests it showed I have a hear murmur aand an extra heart beat.. so now he wants me to do a stress test fr some reason he thinks I will be ready to do the stress test now on treadmill so todays appointment is to discuss.  I am not ready for sure.   LOL What does a hear dr know about recovery of a knee replacement surgery recovery time 

I am also going later for a well long over dou teeth cleaning, I believe I have a few cavitities and a tooth cracked. I have been putting that off.  It's always something

Phyl

« Reply #1257 on: December 14, 2023, 09:58:53 AM »

Happy Thursday Everyone !  

Currently 34Fand clear,   High  63F sunny,  Low 28 F   

All good ones today LB so sorry about your heart murmur. There are 'things' that can be done to help you. So glad you're getting some dental attention, too.
Time to get ' all fixed up'.  ;)   Hugs and pets to Copper. Take care moving about, esp out of doors this time of year.   🙏 's
  Tks on the cat dishes. They arrived today and when she's sleeping I'll check them out t hen wrap.

Hi Paulie

#istandwithisrael

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1258 on: December 14, 2023, 10:37:50 AM »

LB, Good news your sty is gone. Congrats to your nephew! And while vacationing in France .. very nice!

Give an update how your cardiologist appt goes. Good luck with dental appointment. You're checking things off your to-do list for sure!

Yes I'm pretty much ready for Christmas with presents and items for the meal. I'm ready for Spring. Lol

All quotes are good today.

Phyl, Congrats on your excellent good news from your hematologist.

Nice that your Christmas shopping is complete. That's always a relief.
Maggie's new raised dishes look very nice. They're stylish too.

I want to sip from the mug in your morning photo. Mmmm with whipped cream on top too.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1259 on: December 14, 2023, 12:21:55 PM »

Hi Cardio appointmnet went well. he just wanted to make sure I iddnt have heart apitations after  surgery. He mentioned some people start havng hear issues with anestesia.   In my mind just want$$$  LOL didnt mention anything about stress test just to see him again in 6 months.  I already have the appointment but maybe I will cancel it's June 14.  LOL 
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 89   Go Up