Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2023  (Read 139409 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2023
« Reply #1275 on: December 19, 2023, 06:42:28 AM »

Good morning  THe PT person chooses the person they wil have help  I wanna ask to have the PT person that I have been using I havent had him since my surgery he pushs me he has me progress where I think Im at a stand still with everyone else.  They didnt give me my shedule for January yet I wsill ask wednesday  We do joke about it when we see each other .  My right knee is starting to bother me more.  I ddi not want to get up today I slept a little better.  but I always have trouble sleeping 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1276 on: December 19, 2023, 08:00:04 AM »

Good Morning,

Brrrrr it's cold and blustery. Sun is shining so Yay. It's snowing at the cabin. Can see with Ring camera. Looks so pretty.

LB, I remember you mentioning the PT guy you like and that he works well with you. Hopefully you can work with him again.
Maybe your right knee is bothering you more because of putting more weight on it while recovering from left knee surgery.
Good that you slept a little better. Enjoy working from home today because it's probably Brrr cold there too.

#s 2 and 3

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1277 on: December 20, 2023, 06:40:16 AM »

Good morning  The rest of the wweek I should be busy One of my coworkers is out the restg of wee and I am her back up  plus another on Friday. It is cold  for sure I use to be able to handle the cold better than I am this year LOL I would walk with no jacket or coat now I am too colf LOL We'll see how pt goes tonight   I am for sure not looking foward to it as  I used to   
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1278 on: December 20, 2023, 08:12:15 AM »

LB, You being busier at work will make your days go faster. That's good. I remember you saying in the past you don't like slow days.

Wow you used to walk with no coat. I hear ya about the cold this year. For some reason it's bothering my husband and me more too.

When I saw the butterfly in your quote today it reminded me of how much you like Monarchs.

Well time for another busy day. I slept in a bit today so I better get a move on.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1279 on: December 20, 2023, 07:36:03 PM »

Hi posting now I have more time to write  more in pm then morning hee hee I was sore yesterday after PT on Monday.  I am seeing a new PT. The one I hae been seeing went out on disability she ha knee surgery.  Still didnt have my guy. I am suppose to have him Friday at least hes on the schedule for friday but that can change   But I didnt have the cruddy assistant, so back to sorre yesterday the PYT person had me do step up more advannced exercise I step up onto a 4in high platform then down with each foot. Being that I go up 20 times with left foor first then down with left foor first then do it again with right foot first   Thsi is to help with curbs.  So thats probably why more sore.  Also my hips are hurting more she said its because they are being adjusted in how I walk since surgery now that I can bendknee and walk  more correcly so I am using my hips like I am suppose to so they will be sore.  So those are the PT pweole I like. The ones that explain things to you!!! So she is topp on my list with the guy. LOL   

Guess what my right knee is starting to hurt me more.  I already know it is  in bad shape the pain in that knee was probably hidden from the pain in left since that was worse. so know that the left kneee is fixed (sort of) the discomfort in right knee is coming out more. I may need surgery in that knee sooner than I want.   sigh

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1280 on: December 20, 2023, 08:56:02 PM »

Hi LB, Posting in pm rather and morning makes sense. No problem. Oh my gosh the one PT lady you'd been seeing is having knee surgery. Maybe you'll see her doing her PT sessions. lol
Good you hopefully see the guy you like Friday. Good to hear the PT person had you stepping the 4 inches/like curb. Hmmm makes sense why your hips are sore adjusting to the proper way. That's good though. Like our jicaji says, "It's always something." Isn't that the truth!

It's good though. Oh geez to your right knee. I think you need time to recover and get better from your left knee replacement before you go forward with the right. Let's hope so. My hairdresser has a client who had one knee replaced then about 6 months later she had other knee replaced. She said her client told her it was easy and not much pain and she enjoyed being away from work. Everyone is different but I question the not much pain part. Maybe she enjoyed being away from her work more.

Tomorrow is a new day. One day at a time.  ;)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1281 on: December 21, 2023, 06:32:37 AM »

Good morning  I will wait for the surgery on right knee at least to summer time for sure I definitly need time to adjust The pt person said doing it sooner than waiting a few years can be a benefit  My friend who had knee surgery a couple of months befor me is having her 2nd one in the summer

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1282 on: December 21, 2023, 08:56:53 AM »

Sounds good LB. You and your friend are moving forward good.  :)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1283 on: December 22, 2023, 06:56:49 AM »

Good morning   TGIF 3 day weekend eve though  it should be 4 christmas eve is on sunday we woould get a monday or friday  or even tuesday since christmas is on monday they didnt give to us BOOO

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1284 on: December 22, 2023, 10:37:23 AM »

LB, That's corporate thinking for ya. Geez. Yes Boooo

#3 and it's really cute.  :)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1285 on: December 22, 2023, 06:05:48 PM »

Happy Day 😀 I just got back from PT today and I got my guy!!. He was the one that worked with me to build my strength up for surgery. I haven't had him all month. The PT people are good but he encourages more and gives me more advanced exercises as I get stronger and progress. I checked next month's schedule I dont see him again so i said something he may change to work with me more. I hope!! Anyway I had my 1 month evaluation. From day 3 I was able to move knees 45 degrees. When I  started Pt here 2 weeks later 90 degrees.s
 She was able to manipulate to 112 degrees. Today 1 month later 110 degrees and he was able to manipulate it to 120 degrees. He worked with by having me walk without cane and go up  and down a step.  All while bending knees. I can do it but I need to think. It's all about breaking  the bad habits I had for the past 6 years or more not bending knees. Its all about learning how to walk correctly again!!!. So working my way to not use the cane. Inside I don't need (except first thing in morning) Outside bring with me but I straight surface don't need to use. Curbs and uneven walkways use cane.  He asked me on a scale from 0 to 100 how do I feel how much  I progressed. I  gave myself 45%. After our session he said he thinks it should be higher. He also said I'm one of the top patients that made so much progress so quickly...He makes me feel so good about myself it makes me want to work harder.   I am so glad I had this sugery!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1286 on: December 22, 2023, 10:00:57 PM »

Awwww LB I'm really happy for you. It's important and great that you're happy you had knee replacement.

I must say I did not realize how much work and PT etc is required afterwards. From what you've explained you've made great progress. Good for you!!

I'm glad you got "your guy" for PT today and even better is he'll try to change schedule so he can work with you more. Awesome!

You deserve a good night's sleep so I hope you get it .. and Copper lets you sleep in tomorrow I hope!
Take care.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1287 on: December 23, 2023, 08:40:06 AM »

Good morning  PT after surgery is the most important factor of healing after knee replacement.   He also recommended to still do 3x a week eventualyy I will go down to 2 than 1 than done.  MY guy (Dr Brooks) takes the time to answer my questions thoroughly and explain things  no one else does a good job like him.  If you dnt put in the work your knee will lock up and not able to bend. He was surprised I iddnt have as much pain I said its all stiffness and numbness in areas which is uncomfortable but its not pain, He said all normal  He also told me gto look up a knee replacement surgery video and watch if I am not squimish and I will then understand why so much pain etc.  he should me xray photes in where things placed and I can see why now they cut bones insert screws  LOL  I may look for a video 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1288 on: December 23, 2023, 09:24:21 AM »

Good Morning,
LB, That's what my ortho Dr told me about PT afterwards being very important. I didn't realize it took so long although he did tell me it takes about two months afterwards I didn't realize the intensive PT. Hope that makes sense.  :)

Sounds like you're doing great and that's good! Dr Brooks sounds thorough explaining to you and showing x-ray. I like understanding things fully too.

About a year ago when my Dr suggested a knee replacement I did look at different videos explaining procedure and the intense pain afterwards explained. That's why I've chosen to continue with gel knee injections as long as they work works for me.  ;D

I'm glad for you that you're happy you had surgery. You most definitely had reached the point of needing it.

Quotes: All three are good ones today.

I've been so busy doing things around house and a few errands  soI slept in today. Felt good! Today laundry and misc things and prepping a side for holiday meal and making PB fudge.

Puff

« Reply #1289 on: December 23, 2023, 10:08:31 AM »

I'm thinking back to when you were at the point of asking questions, lb.  I had Ton to show me the in and outs.  The entire procedure was worth the "uncomfortable first week or so."  I saw how it helped and knew from watching him exactly what was what.  I think my suggestions and paulie's hints, too, helped you.

My other recommendation I also give go-ahead to is cataract surgery.  Like the knee and the hip, cataract surgery also has its caveats.  With the eye surgery you know after about 1/2 an hour how wise that was.  Replacement hip/knee takes a week or so.  You are a good example of the level of USA medical achievements.

Here's to continued movement in 2024 and onward.

P