Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1001814 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12405 on: December 21, 2023, 07:22:25 AM »

GOOD MORNING ON THIS FIRST DAY OF WINTER

EAGLES    WE haven't gone out on NYE in eons.. ;) ;) :o

TIG  Have heard reviews on Maestro to be excellent.  Good to hear it lived up to it.  That's streaming right? or in theaters?

BL    the expert in all thing Rutt  ;D ;D

LANI   Now the fun begins when Mike gets home later today - Safe journey.  Injection tomorrow!   Bassets  ;D

PHYL  Did I miss the ID of the photo?   So much info on the solstice and holiday  ;D

LISA  You have found some really nice mugs this winter  :)   So great that you will have the "kids" for Xmas day  YAY 
Love the idea of ham sandwiches and appetizers.

Have a wonderful day BGGOLDEN

Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #12406 on: December 21, 2023, 07:35:17 AM »

At swfl!  Sweet

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #12407 on: December 21, 2023, 07:48:54 AM »

TSK... on Netflix. We don't subscribe to HBO, etc. but we do get Netflix and we have Prime video on Amazon (which we usually watch at the lake). I have Hulu until after the last season of The Handmaids Tale. LOL. There are a couple things not my favorite. For one thing, apparently he was a chain smoker... and his wife smoked. And they still did after her cancer diagnosis. Reality is tough to watch.

I sharpened my pruners yesterday. My plan is to prune my 3 large clumps of Japanese Forest grass today (I usually do it in Spring).

8)
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #12408 on: December 21, 2023, 08:17:51 AM »

Berry College Eagles

While it's often believed that the winter solstice is an event that last a whole day, the solstice actually lasts a moment.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/nation-world/winter-solstice-2023-shortest-day-of-the-year/507-a4072825-ef39-4a34-8769-3cd8e835e8be?fbclid=IwAR3a5YaGc6WTsNfLYoL6XTFgP7XtnlwjshipJ8FeQT3zyIweFR3xXJ8lDIw

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #12409 on: December 21, 2023, 08:37:19 AM »

Long eared owl by Lavin Photography in Minnesota.

and totally out of season, both Holiday and astronomical, but still:
pink: orchid mantis
brown: ghost mantis
dark green: hooded mantis
light green: leaf insect
grey: cat-eyed mantis

Morning all!

I shall from here on out remember the solstice for the day that Ollie man sheds the most!...
He of course sheds all the time but these days is insane esp after washing blankets, covers etc. etc. and immediately finding clumps..Yeah, it's that time of year I guess.

Also he had the gaggies early this am...it's like" Mom I have to lick and eat your carpet or anything else I can find until you let me outside to eat grass/leaves"at 4:30am....he prefers snow but no luck this year!

It's been very infrequent lately and have no idea why. I give him pepcid and let him go outside to eat whatever and it passes. Only thing I can think of is I have missing puzzle pieces from a few days back? That or he's licking his hair between his toes too much.

karengramke

« Reply #12410 on: December 21, 2023, 08:54:55 AM »

Lol, Clynn!   Our temps are like your post!  Up and down!  60 today and 70 and sunny Saturday!  66 on Christmas with rain!  Truly close to perfect weather!   Who is in your picture?
Phyl, which one is Jim?   He must be there with the plane!   Good facts on December celebrations!
Think it is unusual to see two eagles sleeping in the nest together!   Must really be young love!   Saw this on  swfl fb this am!
Lisa, the sausage cake will freeze.  Are you making  Southern Ham biscuits? 
Bl, wonderful reporting on Rutt! Wish he could be tagged!
Tsk, are you having company for Christmas?
Baz nice photo of your family members and the tree in Charlotte!

karengramke

« Reply #12411 on: December 21, 2023, 10:08:16 AM »

Happy Birthday, bggolden!

Clynn, I forget to check the Berry nest!  Just a few hours  or more, up the road!  Thanks for the news!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 01:36:16 PM by karengramke »

BrokenLug

« Reply #12412 on: December 21, 2023, 10:36:42 AM »

U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12413 on: December 21, 2023, 11:05:56 AM »

Happy birthday Bggolden! May your day be filled with many joyous surprises!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12414 on: December 21, 2023, 11:26:42 AM »

TIG   Thanks for info.  We don't stream anything.  LOL But I do have prime.

KAREN   Nice peak at SWFL  :)  No company for Xmas but start the day with 9:30 mass.  Tim's dtr in law Amy had her last chemo on Monday for the ovarian CA so she is out of commission for at least two weeks.  We mailed his Grandson's gift...and decided that other than Emmett we would not exchange gifts this year.  Tim sends them a check however ;)

CLYNN  Looks like 2 at Berry college  :D   Snow and it melted.  My kind of winter  ;) ;)

KB   Those mantis varieties are amazing.  Thought the gray cat eye was a stick and was looking for the mantis  LOL

Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12415 on: December 21, 2023, 12:29:48 PM »

Happy Winter Solstice Day Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

BL, Winter Solstice at Stonehedge.  :)

Kb, Gorgeous Long-eared Owl... I've seen a Cat-eyed mantis which I always thought was a Stick mantis, but not the others, the Pink Orchid mantis is stunning.

Karen, sweet pic of SWFL  :-*

{{{Clynn}}} I love your darling Christmas family photo!  :-* .... yes, Mike gets his shot in the lower spine tomorrow. I just talked to the doctor's office. No food 8 hours prior to shot and no driving for 24 hours. The french toast looks divine and so does the Peanut butter cookies. I printed recipes for both. I wonder if Aly can have the cookies, there's no flour. Yum. I could bake those today!  ;D ... sweet pic of NEFL eagles and their first egglet, and photo of the Berry nest.... 

Phyl, love Sanderlings!... Winter Solstice celebrations around the world. The Hopi of Northern Arizona is #7 Soyal, Sadie comes from the Hopi Reservation. She was especially watchful on our walk this morning.  ;D ... fun photo, Jim, happy crew and/or friends or all of the above!  ;D

Tsk, I will be so relieved for Mike when he gets his shot. I know this trip has been hard on him. He wouldn't say, but I could tell in his voice at night.

Lisa, I really think you can freeze the cake. I would try it. I've done this for the girls when they wanted a snack after school. I've baked my honey cornbread, brownies, cake, cut the slices and left in the pan. Cover & freeze. They've cut a piece with a butter knife & warmed in the micro. I bet you could pre-slice the bundt cake, place parchment paper between slices, keeping the cake in its shape & moist, cover & freeze.... Mike is returning from Louisiana in late this afternoon. He and Aly will leave for the valley in the morning. His appt for a shot is at 1pm. No food before shot and no driving for 24 hours. Aly will drive him home.... Your Christmas Dinner sounds perfect! You will be to spend lots of TLC time with Sydney, B & K.  ;D. Which is what Christmas is all about {{{Family}}}  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #12416 on: December 21, 2023, 12:40:07 PM »

kb, all very unique plants and insects! Beautiful owl!

Lani, love your sweet little snowman! Yes, I would call that peanut butter cookie recipe gluten-free!  Boy, I hope Mike feels like a million on Saturday! I went to the store this morning to get the loaf of French bread for the Skier's French Toast and got a loaf of fresh baked sourdough and cranberry walnut breads to take to Mom's, we love having those toasted with our tea first in the morning. Then we switch to coffee! I have Starbucks Sumatra to take, my fave!

karen, are you asking about the Christmas picture? That is me, Ed, Erin and Kelsey, Christmas 1997! 26 years ago!

tsk, I plan to get Acorn TV after Christmas, I am finding too many times that nothing is on that I want to watch or I have already seen it! We have Dish. I need to cut down on computer time, I buy too much!

Looks like the late 60's!

I would love to live in this house in Minneapolis! Open the link, you can tour the whole house!

https://www.priceypads.com/picturesque-1936-tudor-reduced-to-799k-in-minneapolis-minnesota/?fbclid=IwAR00LpAWs_VUdAf_mhljQUA0jR6ZMRWZnSd-H_4QLWEmaKiKcUqxHJdiomk

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #12417 on: December 21, 2023, 02:03:19 PM »

clynn - Thanks for the Berry College pic!  I have not been following this year.  Congrats to them on their two eggs!  Did V3 get a name yet at NEFL?  Aww, love the Christmas 1997 pic of you all. Brace yourself...LOL  House in Minneapolis is gorgeous!

tsk - I would love to own all the pretty mugs I am finding.   ;D 

karen - Awww, sweet...SWFL!  I never thought of biscuits with the ham.  That does sound really good. 

tig - Hope you got your pruning done. 

kb - Yikes, I hope it is not the puzzle piece.  Hope Ollie feels better soon.

BL - Beautiful pic of Stonehenge.

Lani - Oh good, I didn't miss the post about Mike's injection.  Prayers for him, and glad he will have Aly bring him tomorrow. 

Happy Birthday, Bggolden!

karengramke

« Reply #12418 on: December 21, 2023, 02:32:11 PM »

Lisa, the cheddar Bay Cheese biscuits would be good too!    Do not know what s eats tho so I should keep still!
Wonder if you could put a chocolate kiss in the middle of the flourless peanut butter cookies and have peanut butter blossums?

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12419 on: December 21, 2023, 02:54:01 PM »

CLYNN  Sourdough cranberry walnut bread toasted - I'm in heaven.  ;D  I must have been distracted by you know who this AM and missed the cute pic and the recipe which sounds great.  Too much sugar for Tim but I would eat it and make it in a heartbeat.   That is a beautiful Tudor - staged perfectly.  Would be well over a million in this neck of the woods!!  Have a safe trip tomorrow.  Do you and Ed share the driving?

LANI    I can so empathize with Mike - struggling to keep up with the day to day and not let the pain get the better of you.
Chicagoland