Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 544705 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12390 on: December 20, 2023, 02:53:57 PM »

BL - Oh your opinion makes me happy!...it is one reason I hope that somehow/someway somebody will spot him to alleviate any fear going forward. Of course I know that may not be possible.

Hope so, crossing my fingers for this young Moose who was driven out of his homeland? most likely by fire and has made such a miraculous journey back home from so far south.

If they (wolves) pack that's a different story. You probably have read some about that....same with coyotes which are starting to pack hunt even in my urban setting. But, I know Rutt is as far as we can tell not an unhealthy, weak male Moose, in his favor.

Hang in there Rutt!....we are praying for you.

Oh and stay off the lakes/ponds...the Spirit Lake Moose drowned unfortunately.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 03:35:17 PM by kbshcb »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12391 on: December 20, 2023, 06:31:28 PM »

Frank Viva’s “Wrapping Up”

KB enjoyed Jussi Bjorling performance, many thanks.'  Like sure hope/pray for  Rutt. And, that the right person spots him as he travels.
   Looking forward toyour snaps of Ft. Snelling.

CLynn    No snaps of Matt as Dan only sends short videos.  The fellas look great in their pro photos.   Didn't watch N365 today. Nope no way.
Congrats to NEFL'sa Gabby on her first egglet of the season.  :-*

Tsk enjoyed the candy canes today.  I have   favorite two carols 'Silent Night' and " O Little Town of Bethlehem'. My favorite European Christmas song is the Ukranian folk song, " Carol of the Bells'. Released in 1961 if memory serves. 

Karen so  that sweet little girl in ringlets is you at 2 1/2 yrs.  Tks for backstory on Bjorling

BL many thanks for the sightings map for Rutt and the moose  web site info and addt'l reports... you keep us so well informed

Oldguy  Many thanks for update/wonderful news for Svartsengi , Iceland...so relieved for them. Still concerned for a recovery
I love Mannheim Steamroller , have all the Christmas CDs and several of the others. Please post about the concert. We went to a Christmas concert here in Nashville when we first moved here. Just awesome. Been attending every chance we get.
  Q-Kids as always ---think of Home Alone whenever I hear 'Run Rudolph Run'

Lani sweet kitties today. Tks for update on Parker  & Sebastian.  And the new arrival , S’mores the juvenile Spectacled Owl! So cute! :-*

Lisa the breakfast cake classification sound about right for the  Sausage cake. Not sure what I'll serve as breakfast Christmas morning. But as a nod to my late  mother we always have pizza for Christmas Eve dinner.  Memories of haveing  a late lunch at the newly opened (that very day btw) Pizza Hut on Rangeline Rd, Joplin . It was Christmas Eve and we were going to take in the special holiday lights  inside NorthPark Mall afterwards .

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12392 on: December 20, 2023, 06:37:09 PM »

SEDs Everyone !                                   

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12393 on: December 20, 2023, 06:40:43 PM »

BL   Good update - thanks

BAZI    Only a couple weeks left and you won't have to make thinking about meals a part of daily routine.  We should hit 51 here with rain on Xmas day.  Can remember quite a few Christmases without snow.   Tim does not want to do insulin shots so is working feverishly with diet to get that A1C down.
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #12394 on: December 20, 2023, 08:59:48 PM »

Night Beakers!  Picture wasn't working - so no pic!

Lori - Yes, as Lani mentioned, hope your injections help you.

Lani - Yes, my Mom & sis are planning on being here on Christmas Day!   I know they won't stay all day, as my mom likes to go home and lay down to rest her knee.

Puff - N1

Phyl - As you were telling Karen about Jim and his job in customer service as a bagger - I never heard you tell of this - sounds like a great thing!!  I don't think you had ever shared about this, but not that you had to!!

Clynn - Thank you for the pics of your relatives with their sports team!
Hope your Mom makes roast beef for Kelsey and all the trimmings!
Awe, I bet you do miss having lil Bella over there every Wednesday!!
Love the pic out at NEFL with Gabby and her egg. :-* :-* :-*

Tsk - So you & Tim plan to be home on NYE?  Us too!!!

Karen - Is that you in your picture; Christmas 1940??  So cute!!!!

Hi BL

Og - Thank you for links!

Kb - Hope all goes well for your visit to the cemetary on Friday.

Lani - So, Mike should be home tomorrow?   ;D    Thanks for Sloth update.

LisaG - Okay, eat a cookie that Jeff baked!! ;D

Bazi - Beautiful picture of your greatniece and her mom!

Beakers have a good night - sleep well - sed's!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #12395 on: December 20, 2023, 09:20:28 PM »

bounce

Wow. I just watched Maestro. Excellent.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

BrokenLug

« Reply #12396 on: December 20, 2023, 10:49:02 PM »

Thanks BL for the Rutt report!  Moose are able to kill wolves by kicking them !  Grizzly Bears, not really!  I too wish Rutt well !

I have seen a similar young moose under no duress what so ever launch a wolf clear out of the picture frame

We were like

Respect.

And we ate it harpooned off a pine bow.  A lot like bacon ?

Here are the 33 mapped sightings of Rutt The Moose (RTM) on his journey from Iowa up North to Minnesota.

It is believed that RTM came out of the Dakotas, but it is unconfirmed, so his adventure begins in Alton, IA on 09/23/23.

RTM was Parachuted into Alton, IA on the 23rd of Sept 2023 for some mysterious moose following reasons.

No Chinese balloons, UAP's or signs of either of them were seen dropping their moose in the area.

"We" suspect the wildfires in Canada drove RTM south out of 1 of the Dakotas.

First confirmed sighting of the moose that became to be called "Rutt The Moose" (RTM) was in Alton, IA on 09/23/23.

All of the subsequent sightings of RTM were confirmed using photos or videos by Group consensus, the FB groups admins and some wishful moose thinking I suppose too.

The last confirmed sighting of RTM by the FB admins was near Silver Leaf Twp, MN on 12/18/23.

I have added another sighting point to my map in Rochert, MN on 12/19/23 because I truly believe it is RTM from all of the videos and stills.
He's now in moose bliss country in MN for the holidays.

RTM stats hoofing it about from A to B:

Date Begin: Alton, IA 09/23/23
Date End: Rochert, MN 12/19/23  = 87 days.

Point to Point STRAIGHT line track miles by RTM this leg so far = 401 Miles.

Average miles per day on this maps track if RTM moved every day = 4.6 miles.

Thousands of yards to 15 miles the next.
That's how moose roll at this age.

That is a measure of time and distance. Both linear.

I always like to take into account the Gravity, Elevation and Obstacles. 

I'm a grazing young moose heading on my way back home to the correct Latitude is all my compass says.

I assure you I did not hoof this track in a straight line RTM

A moose eating granola bars for 87 days.

Look out wolf pack.

A GoPro camera hovering between his tines looking forward the whole time is priceless.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 12:27:41 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12397 on: December 21, 2023, 12:01:15 AM »

Lisa, Looking at the ingredients, don't you think the Sausage cake would freeze well too? It's a bundt cake, You could cut it into slices to go with Jeff's breakfast and freeze.

Tsk, I've never seen an owl such as Smores. He's gorgeous!

BL, Thank you for the update on Rutt. I'd like to think he may finally find a place to call home, especially with winter coming. His senses must be leading him in the right direction.  ;D

Baz, you have a beautiful family.

SED Phyl

Tig, thanks for the suggestion. We haven't seen it. I see Bradley Cooper wrote and directed it.

Eagles, yes, Mike flies into Sky Harbor after 2pm, he should be home around 5pm. Dewey will be over the moon when he sees Mike, and of course, Miss Sadie will be too. And me too  ;D ;D ;D

BL, Thanks for more updates, pic and maps on Rutt... He is a beauty

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Siamese mother and kittens, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #12398 on: December 21, 2023, 04:01:20 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12399 on: December 21, 2023, 04:51:11 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!
Happy ...

Currently 30F and clear with   High  55F  and mostly sunny,  Low 31 F.

Safe travels for Mike and the girls Lani . The 'hounds' have almost etheralness.

BL thanks for additional  RTM sightings and info

Bazi soon the fridge will arrive, installation, then you're all set.

Tig 'Maestro' is impressive/Bradley Cooper delivers a conviencing  performance

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 05:04:17 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 05:04:56 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12401 on: December 21, 2023, 04:53:07 AM »

8 Winter Solstice Celebrations Around the World

Since long before recorded history, the winter solstice and the subsequent “return” of the sun have inspired celebrations
and rituals in various societies around the world.

https://www.history.com/news/8-winter-solstice-celebrations-around-the-world?cmpid=email-hist-inside-history-2023-1220-12202023&om_rid=%20~campaign%20%3D%20hist-inside-history-2023-1220
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 05:06:50 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12402 on: December 21, 2023, 05:21:58 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

https://www.thesaurus.com/e/ways-to-say/yuletide/

Christmas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas
Christmas is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed primarily on December 25[a] as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world. A feast central to the Christian liturgical year, it follows the season of Advent (which begins four Sundays before) or the Nativity Fast, and initiates the season of Christmastide, which historically in the West lasts twelve days and culminates on Twelfth Night. Christmas Day is a public holiday in many countries,is celebrated religiously by a majority of Christians,as well as culturally by many non-Christians, and forms an integral part of the holiday season surrounding it.
The traditional Christmas narrative recounted in the New Testament, known as the Nativity of Jesus, says that Jesus was born in Bethlehem,
 in accordance with messianic prophecies...* for the entire article click on link above

What Is Yule? What Is a Yule Log?
https://www.almanac.com/content/what-yule-log-christmas-traditions
Today, “Yule” and “Yuletide” are largely synonymous with “Christmas” and “Christmastide,” but the meaning behind them is quite different from that of the Christian holiday.
“Yule” comes from Old English geol, which shares a history with the equivalent word from Old Norse, jól. Both these words referred to a midwinter festival centered around the winter solstice, which traditionally marked the halfway point of the winter season. After the solstice—the shortest day of the year—the days again begin to grow longer, so it’s thought that Yule was a celebration of the re-appearance of the Sun and the fertile land’s rebirth...
*Click on link above for more of article
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 05:24:57 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #12403 on: December 21, 2023, 06:54:58 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

BL - Thanks for the info on Rutt.

baz - Great picture of greatniece and her mom in front of the pretty tree!  I am looking forward to having B, K & S here for Christmas Day.   :D  I am going to bake a spiral ham, but no one wanted all the big sides to go with the ham.  So, we are going to make lil sandwiches with the ham, and then have some appetizers.

oldguy - How was the concert? 

kb - Mmm, chili sounded good. I might have to make me a pot soon.

Phyl - What a nice nod to your mom on Christmas Eve.  Love those candle decorations in your good night pic.  Mine outside are the older ones that have NOEL written down the front.  Thanks for the 365, and Winter Solstice Celebrations Around the World.

E4E - I see you mentioned your Mom & Sis will be with you on Christmas Day.  Is your son and grandson coming over, too?

Lani - I was wondering if the cake would freeze too.  Did Mike get his injection yet, or did I miss you posting that?  I hope he has been feeling ok.  Aww, love the good night pic.

tig - I will look for that once it comes on cable.   :D

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #12404 on: December 21, 2023, 07:14:06 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lisa, your Christmas meal sounds perfect! I can remember many double huge dinners in the past, with one family at noonish and the other in the evening.

Phyl, lovely Winter Solstice pictures! Interesting history on the Yule Log, imagine getting the tree trunk into the house and into the fireplace! And big enough to last 12 days! Love those sweet energetic Sanderlings in the 365, their scurrying around makes me want to get busy!!  40 here now, high 54 today. The picture of the guys by the plane, is Jim the tall one on the left?

Lani, Mike gets home this evening! I bet he will be glad! Is it tomorrow Aly takes him to get the shot? Sweet pic of the dogs...they remind me of Monks...

BL, great update on Rutt!

E4E, so glad that your Mom and Sis are close, makes getting together so much easier. I enjoy visiting Mom but the 8 hour drive is tiring...  But I shouldn't complain when Becky and Jennifer drive for 3 days from Oregon. Of course, a much more interesting drive, and they do it so they can take their cats Molly and Lucy with them! I think they are going to Mom's in February this year.

tsk, it will be 57 and rainy at Mom's on Christmas Day! No snow going or coming, it's just so unusually warm for this time of year! It sounds like Tim saw the light of possible insulin shots and changed his course dramatically! Hooray for him!

baz, soon you won't have to eat out of a cooler! Yay! I had to look up Miracle Cookies, at first it came up with Miracle Alien Cookies, which is a strain of cannabis. Nope, not the one. Then I found the right one, I think called Miracle Cookies because they contain no flour!  https://www.anallievent.com/miracle-peanut-butter-cookies/

karen, we always have Skier's French Toast for Christmas Breakfast, I have been in charge of making it for years...I make it the night before so all we have to do is pop it in the oven! Here is the recipe, the only thing I do differently is I slice the French bread into 1.5" slices and arrange in the 9x13 pan. https://www.cookingnook.com/recipe/overnight-french-toast/

Christmas 1997

NEFL Beau & Gabby
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown