Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 499554 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10185 on: October 14, 2023, 06:30:16 PM »

Nan - Thank you  :-*. Hope you had a good birthday.

Phyl - Love the wicked kitty with the cauldron.  We have had light rain all day, and it’s chilly, too.

T40 - Thanks for videos.

Baz - Waving to ya.

Have a good night, everyone!

karengramke

« Reply #10186 on: October 14, 2023, 06:48:58 PM »

My fathers dad, the butcher came to the US from Germany during the 1800s,  Family settled in Wisconsin.  His mother was brought to the US by her mother and step father  from Norway (Christiana, now Oslo) and
they settled in Wisconsin!
After they met and married tgey moved to Chicago where my dad was born!   He grew up in the city but spent a lot of time in Wisconsin in tge summer , with family.   He worked in the tobacco fields!  Summer job!

My mothers father was English and her mother was Scotch Irish,  she grew up in Nashville, Tn and her father moved the family to Chicago where she and her two sisters went to work at the Continental Bank!  Her father was a union organizer , worked for a railroad, but was railroaded out of the south , so to speak!  I think this set of grandparents cane here very early!  Went back to Virginia but could not get further!

Now, why am I writing all this?   Who knowa. Ut I will stop now.seds

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10187 on: October 14, 2023, 11:57:59 PM »

Hello, Beakers! I did a little look-back and saw that you are still prolific! ;D I also saw a new addition to the Beak... congrats, Lisa, on your beautiful, bright-eyed granddaughter, Sydney! Thank you so much, Lori, for the luscious looking carrot cake with cream cheese icing! Lori, Lani, karen, PHYL, oldguy, bazi, and Tsk, I appreciate your birthday wishes, as well! Good wishes to all here as we begin the new season with RRP!  :)

Hi Nan! Wonderful to see you. Good wishes to you too!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10188 on: October 15, 2023, 12:46:13 AM »

T40. Respect, a protective mama cat...  I watched the Squeaky Toy Rescue before, and I became much more attentive to Sadie and her toys.... The bees knees LOL!

Tsk,  writing the same sentence over and over again was boring... I knew I would probably talk and chew gum again.... so, writing pages from the dictionary was more productive ;D

SED Lisa   :)

{{{SED Karen}}} thank you for sharing your family history.  :-*

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim,Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10189 on: October 15, 2023, 06:05:06 AM »

Bisquick™ Velvet Crumb Coffee Cake
Servings: 8

This versatile cake, a long-standing favorite among users of Bisquick™ Original Pancake & Baking Mix, can be served for dessert or breakfast.
by Betty Crocker Kitchens Updated Feb 23, 2023

Ingredients:
Cake
1 1/2cups Bisquick™ Original Pancake & Baking Mix
1/2cup granulated sugar
1/2cup milk or water
2tablespoons shortening or vegetable oil
1teaspoon vanilla
1egg

Coconut Topping
1/2cup flaked coconut
1/3cup packed brown sugar
1/4cup chopped nuts
3tablespoons butter, softened
2tablespoons milk

Steps
1  Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9-inch round cake pan or 8-inch square pan.
 In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.

2  Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool slightly.

3  In small bowl, mix Coconut Topping ingredients.
Spread topping over cake. Set oven control to broil. Broil about 3 inches from heat 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.

Tips from the Betty Crocker Kitchens:
https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/bisquick-velvet-crumb-coffee-cake/040ff627-c75e-43aa-abce-56a5a00b919f?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=Pinterest&utm_campaign=OG_MBS_PI_BC.COM_BXP_CPC_TRAFFIC_PROSPECTING_PERFORMANCE_US_F24_EVERGREEN&pp=0&epik=dj0yJnU9OXBwQThWT1JENGJveHUzZ0dSUV9qMnlYQ3pyWnNCU0EmcD0xJm49WEZkemllYThjSVp3S2lGZTJDMElaUSZ0PUFBQUFBR1Vybm9N

Nutrition
320 Calories, 15g Total Fat, 4g Protein, 40g Total Carbohydrate, 25g Sugars
© 2023 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved
Advertisement
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10190 on: October 15, 2023, 06:10:39 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Sunday !   

Currently 49F   High  62F  partly sunny,  Low 46 F  .

My Maggie has never taken to a laser light. Now Mike and Samantha on the other hand, went all nutty.

Karen  very interesting family history, tks. Hope you're still feeling 'like a new woman'.  ;)

Lisa  our forecast yesterday,  was for heavy rain---not a bloody drop! So Jim was out trimming and mowing at 8am.  After trimming, I served him hot coffee w/ fried eggs over corned beef hash mixed with diced turnips, on the deck (he was well insulated,  ) ;)

Tsk  my arthritic hands made a typo. It was 2,500 yrs. I had a saliva swab for  the mitochondrial DNA (Mom)  7% Jewish/Israeli ,not a lot. But enough    ;)   
 The Levant : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levant

Prayers for:    Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.
  All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10191 on: October 15, 2023, 06:11:20 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10192 on: October 15, 2023, 07:24:17 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, my Siamese never chased the laser, but Harley does!  Except when he is too lazy to move... ::)  Lovely morning picture, I can imagine having tea there!  I remember the Velvet Crumb coffee cake, Mom also made the Velvet Crumb cake often! We ate at 6:00 (Dad got home from work at 5:30ish) and we always had desert! She still likes to make that cake to this day.  47 here now, high 55. Nature 365, beautiful...  Beautiful witchy cat last night! Love the moon shot from Decorah!

Lani, very smart of you to choose the dictionary, a much better choice. That should have been the standard! We never had that choice, very smart teacher! Did you get the whole Webster's dictionary on paper? LOLOL!

Nan, so good to see you! Hope all is well with you and yours!

T40, good videos! I always have to laugh at dogs afraid of cats! https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=youtube%2c+dogs+afraid+to+pass+by+cats&mid=A9582CDCFC63D4566A84A9582CDCFC63D4566A84&FORM=VIRE

tsk, no, it doesn't cost anything to subscribe to someone's youtube channel. They get paid by how many views they get, because of the advertisements that are added. I will be flying to Dallas on Wednesday afternoon, coming back next Tuesday. Getting excited now!

karen, you have good information on your family ancestry! Did your Mom have all that information?

This was posted by a good friend in St Louis: We have gotten so SICK of losing all FOUR of our tv remotes in the giant sectional, that now if you want to change the channel, you have to ask Patty. This whole running a household thing….

Tiny House Village                                                                           Wouldn't you love to wake up to this view?

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

« Reply #10193 on: October 15, 2023, 07:30:02 AM »

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10194 on: October 15, 2023, 07:40:45 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE

In addition to the 2" of rain I posted yesterday we had another 1/2" overnight.

KAREN   I have found ancestry such a very interesting topic.  Have you ever seen " Finding Your Roots" on PBS?  Celebrity backrounds are researched?

PHYL  Bisquick recipe good to know.  Have some sitting in my pantry  - need to check expiration date   ::) ::)  The laser light tells us a lot about a cats field of vision.  She loses the light and needs movement to find again.  ;)   So you're looking at the time between David and Jesus!  Amazing.

CLYNN  Great list - Know everyone!!  Love the pumpkin field.  Can't wait for you to make that surprise trip. Take some pics.  How cozy is that tiny house village  :o  And yes I would love that view  :o

Will be at the coat drive all day today  Be back later this afternoon.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 07:44:45 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #10195 on: October 15, 2023, 08:29:17 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Phyl - The Velvet Crumb Coffee Cake, yum, pinned it.  I made a big pot of chili yesterday with it being rainy and cold.  Jeff did some cornbread to go with it.

clynn - YES, I would love to wake up to that view!  The Tiny house village is cute.  Love all your morning pics.  I still love hearing some of those songs from the 1965 Billboard Top 40.  :D

tsk - You were right...you do need an ark!  Good luck with coat drive.

Puff

« Reply #10196 on: October 15, 2023, 08:42:55 AM »

Cams on a hatchery nest.  HM and HD both in tree.  Maybe I'm wrong, maybe just highlight?  No announcement?  I did get the NorthNest opening, was planted there yesterday all day.  Did the opening actually apply to both nests?  Feel foolish; I think I missed something.

P
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 08:57:21 AM by Puff »

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10197 on: October 15, 2023, 09:05:55 AM »

OG - Wonderful and amazing Furball Farm Cat Sanctuary - thank you for posting link.

Karen - Family history is so special and memories are priceless {{Karen}}

Kb - Like the Moose!

Puff - Liked reading about your heritage and some of your family history - love hearing about Ton too!

Phyl - sweet little vid  :)   Pretty morning picture!   Yummy breakfast for Jim - bet he loved every bite! ;D
         Thanks for Nature!

Lani - Our son is doing well! :)  Hope you are having a nice weekend  :)

Bazi - Happy Sunday to you & Zippo  :)

Tsk - You have gotten some good rain the last few days!

Nanimal - Great to see you in the Beak and I do hope you had a wonderful birthday. :)

Clynn - Pretty morning pics!  Harley likes the laser  :)   When we were young kids, my mom would also be ready to serve dinner within a 1/2 hour of Dad getting home from work!     Tiny houses  :)   That view!    1965 Billboard top 40  ;D

Tsk - Have a nice 'coat drive' day  :)

Tig, LisaG, BL  :)

My mom & sis were over here yesterday afternoon - the weather was so nice and the hummers were very active! ;D
This afternoon, we will be going to our Grandson's football game.  :)

Beakers have a wonderful day  :)

clynndunn

« Reply #10198 on: October 15, 2023, 09:27:24 AM »

Puff, the Decorah cam is live! Great pannng going on!  OMG, the cam has a windshield wiper on it!

E4E, precisely, dinner within half an hour of Dad getting home from work.  Of course, back then our Moms didn't work outside the home much... Have fun at the game!

clynndunn

« Reply #10199 on: October 15, 2023, 09:54:15 AM »

Look at all the fish in the Decorah nest!

Note: I just saw this picture on FB, I think the fish were put in the nest when they updated the cam!

« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 09:58:53 AM by clynndunn »