Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1059288 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3690 on: April 12, 2023, 07:40:57 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

baz - Thanks for the recipe link.  I am going to try that with my okra next time.  :)

Lori - Aww, look at Grandma, and her pretty flowers HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I hope you are feeling better each day. 

kb - I think we are gonna need AC again today....supposed to be 81°.

tig - You had a busy day. 

Phyl - Love those solar sunflower lights!  Great cam pics this morning!

E4E - I just went for my appointment today.  Have to schedule the procedure to be done.  Yay, on being excused for jury duty!  {{{Star}}}

Lani;D ;D the good night pic!

tsk - Beautiful morning flowers, and your temps sound like mine  :)

NO kittens this morning!  Sent a message to the adoption coordinator at AC with my concerns.  :)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3691 on: April 12, 2023, 09:10:59 AM »

Lani - I like a Bloody Mary too, although I haven't had one in a long time!

BL -  Great pic!  ;D

Phyl - Amazing pic this morning! Lots of wonderful cam pics - thank you! ;D

Kb - Darling vid - in one door & out the other - so cute!   Have a wonderful walk with Ollie in your nice warm temp! :)

Tsk - Pretty morning pic!  Good reason for you to be excused from jury duty - taking care of your aging parents during that time.

LisaG - Hope you can get an appt soon  :)   Good that you let the AC know 'no kittens yet'.

Beakers have a nice day  :)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3692 on: April 12, 2023, 10:00:19 AM »

no bounce
I had an atrial fibrillation breakthrough while I was in the deep end this a.m. Kinda scary to have to shower, drive home. But just as I was taking another pill it cleared. Phew. I think a day of rest is in order however.

Thanx for the info from Amy
Fingers crossed for momma kitty

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3693 on: April 12, 2023, 10:19:53 AM »

{{{Tig}}} take care :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3694 on: April 12, 2023, 11:23:44 AM »

Thanx Lani. Toast and eggs, feet up.
KB ... Are you familiar with Elsen Brothers garage car repair service company? They are closing after 130 years in Richfield. Wow. KSTP did a story on them.
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3695 on: April 12, 2023, 11:26:34 AM »

LISA  Now ball is in AC's court..

TIG   Do you have to tell your doc when that happens - med adjustment or should those episodes be expected.  The gal who cuts my hair was just diagnosed with atrial fib and was put on Eliquis.  Her symptoms were not being able to take a deep breath!

Back to work - See you at my next break  LOL
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #3696 on: April 12, 2023, 11:33:30 AM »

Thanx Lani. Toast and eggs, feet up.
KB ... Are you familiar with Elsen Brothers garage car repair service company? They are closing after 130 years in Richfield. Wow. KSTP did a story on them.

I'm familiar with the only by name, tig...but, I sure did read a lot of personal comments about how sad people were it was closing....they are on the east side, I'm on the west side.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3697 on: April 12, 2023, 12:06:28 PM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

44 to 70 today  8)

Kb, love "just passing through" the music is perfect. And then when she stops to look both ways "now, which way to the water?"  ;D :-*

Phyl, thanks for updates of Sauces mom, Mother Goose and RRP update... pretty sunrise

BL, that looks like Mabel and Olive paddling.

{{{Lisa, Jeff and Misty}}} and sweet Bandit too  :-*.

Eagles, my dear MIL loved bloody marys, when we visited her bar was set up for Bloody Marys, or martinis and white wine for me. Mom had a glass every day of her 91 years. Her golf/card foursome was a hoot. Those ladies played three times a week when mom was in her mid-30's to 90. When she was 80 she only played 8 holes.

{{{Tig}}} That's sad about the Elsen brothers....  I agree with Tsk. Mike's had a couple as well, the elevation bothers him now. Thinking of you.  :-*

Karen, I hope you're settling in and doing well  :-*

Snowing at Hellgate this morning

Yesterday, Iris took her dinner to the Owl Pole
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3698 on: April 12, 2023, 01:48:36 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

It's morning somewhere.  ;)

Lori, happy belated 99th birthday to your grandmother! Wow, she looks great!! Love all the flowers - the ones you sent her are spectacular! Glad you are feeling some better now.

My refrigerator has gone on the fritz. Boo. It happened a little over a week ago...  it keeps things cool, but not cold enough. The freezer is working fabulously, thank goodness, and was full to overflowing with lots of stuff. It's keeping things in the freezer at around minus 10 degrees, or colder. So I have been using stuff from the freezer, bit by bit, and making meals that I can freeze leftovers in meal-sized reheatable portions that I put in the freezer - ready to reheat the next day.  I ate all the stuff from the fridge that I could before it went bad, like eggs and cheese, and tossed what couldn't be saved or safely used. Keeping the butter in the freezer. The only items left in the fridge now are things that don't require refrigeration, but that I keep in the fridge anyway... like open flour, open pkgs of rice or pasta, dried beans, cereal, oatmeal, etc. It's only running about 48 degrees in the fridge since it broke, so that's too warm to keep items that really require refrigeration.  It's working out as  a great wine cooler though!  ;D  It's a bummer not being able to keep some things in the fridge that I usually would, and therefore doing without for the time being, but it's not the end of the world. I decided not to put any money into a repair since that fridge is 17 years old. I will shop for a replacement when I get closer to the bottom of what is stored in the freezer... I'm working my way through that bit by bit, and not adding a single item to it.  Oh laaa, and this too shall pass.  ;) 8)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3699 on: April 12, 2023, 03:26:58 PM »

LANI   Sweet lambs  :)  No wonder that Mom had a nice long life.  Loved her routine  ;) ;)

BAZI  Drat.  17 yrs tho is really long these days.  I think you have a good plan.

Had two more breaks and finished the porch at 1:30.  Sat and read for an hour to rest and then a quick trip to Trader Joes and to a favorite stop for a chopped salad for dinner, - Tim in Door County and will return tomorrow.  Snuck in a small Snickers Blizzard last night from Dairy Queen  LOL
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #3700 on: April 12, 2023, 03:29:19 PM »

E4E - I got a call today from surgical coordinator.  My procedure to have tubes replaced will be May 22. 

tig - Take care, and rest!

tsk - AC called me around 10:30am, and asked me if I could bring her up there after 3 to let the vet look at her.  I did, they said they expect her to deliver in the next 24 to 48 hours based on their examination, so we will see!  DQ Snickers Blizzard sounds yummy!

Lani - Thank you  :-*  Oh wow, snowing at Hellgate.  I hope Iris finds a nice suitor.

baz - So sorry to hear about your fridge.  Mine did the same exact thing...freezer worked great, fridge slowly lost the cold.  I love that you have found use for it as a wine cooler.   ;D

kbshcb

« Reply #3701 on: April 12, 2023, 03:43:01 PM »

Lisa - that is great news to hear!...thanks.

86 degrees here, even Ollie thinks it's too hot....will take him for his walk early tomorrow morning.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3702 on: April 12, 2023, 03:52:27 PM »

Some bounce
Yes, it is scary when afib happens. I've been on diltiazem and had the dosage adjusted for about a decade.
I also had a situational blood clot some years ago (from sitting up during a bad cold for two weeks). Took certain meds for 2 weeks, then warfarin for 6 months, then and now a baby aspirin a day.
I made note of the possible causes, duration, etc. on my calendar. My doctor said it was ok to take another pill. If it were to go on for several hours I would call him. This is the first time it has happened during the day.
Camper is home from lunch with his friends so I feel better.
SED

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3703 on: April 12, 2023, 06:25:10 PM »

Tig - You better rest up right now! Time to take it easy.

Tsk - How is the family doing these days?  :)  Ok just read that Tim is in Door county and back tomorrow.  You are always keeping busy with helping others and doing things around home - you definitely deserve to treat yourself at Dairy Queen! ;D

Kb - Did you & Ollie go for a walk? :)  Ok, I just saw where you mentioned that you & Ollie will walk tomorrow.  :)

Lani - Your MIL was still playing golf up to around age 90?  I had a Bloody Mary once while we were on vacation in Kauai, but before that, it had been at least a couple of years since I had one!  I had actually forgotten how Good they are! ;)   Like the cam pics!! ;D

Baz - Good idea to be using up the food in the freezer!  You have time to price around for a new refrigerator.  :)

LisaG - Glad you are on the calendar for the ear tubes - doctor's are always busy and booked far ahead.  At least you have your appt.! :)

Everyone have a good evening  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3704 on: April 12, 2023, 06:36:56 PM »

LISA   Could be tonight  LOL  Get ready for your life to change for a while   ;)

KB   You got a lot warmer than we did for sure.  ;D

TIG   Glad you checked with doc and know what to do.  You have had a lot of previous heath scares.  ((TIG))  Take it easy.

EAGLES  That is just the rationalization I gave for my trip to DQ yesterday  LOL
Chicagoland