Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1058862 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3660 on: April 11, 2023, 10:07:39 AM »

Aryana Hummingbird
Laguna Niguel, California
Easter Sunday, Morning
April 9, 2023

From Chat:

aryanahummingbird Mod aryanahummingbird
2 days ago edited
The section of the Brazilian Skyflower in which she's hidden her nest. Just look at that beast of a tree! Her nest is in a thicket of tangled branches, and for that reason, Explore couldn't position a nest cam for livestream views. We'll post still shots, when possible and in a way that's not disruptive. NOTE: Tempting though it might be, never ever prune your shrubs and trees this time of year! During nesting season, countless hummingbird babies are brought to rehab for this very reason. 😢

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #3661 on: April 11, 2023, 10:08:05 AM »

Aryana Hummingbird
Laguna Niguel, California
Easter Sunday, Morning
April 9, 2023

From Chat:

Ruby  to  Zen
2 days ago edited
Hi Zen! Aryana has a very distinctive gorget. It is larger and more heavily colored than most and appears to have a shape like a Christmas Tree. It is scalloped on the bottom edge with a notch in the center. With this up close and personal view and different times of day and light will show a change at times. She is here often because this is her feeder and territory. Most others you might see will have more of a spotted spaced gorget and not as dense. I hope I explained that right. It's sometimes difficult.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3662 on: April 11, 2023, 11:27:15 AM »

Bearstudy -  Bears Emerging - UPDATE April 10, 2023

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4741-bears-emerging-update-april-10-2023.html

Last evening, I got a call. It was the first sighting of a bear in this area this year. It was 6-year-old Carolyn and her two male yearlings Clay and Carl looking good against the white snow. Carolyn is Shadow’s great-granddaughter, and daughter of Donna.

Eagles, Mike is thrilled he's no longer called for jury duty. Arizona has an age limit of 75 years. He was constantly called for juror duty for Maricopa County when we lived in Scottsdale. I was called three times, but each case was delayed to a later date. Payson just built a new courthouse, its citizens no longer have to travel almost 2 hours to Globe to serve jury duty for Gila County. Glad Kris was excused.

Tsk, try pickled okra first, perfect as a side with a salad... my paternal grandmother's aunt was a Benedictine nun in Quebec. My middle name was her given name.

{{{Tig}}} enjoy working outside. I put my indoor potted plants outside Sunday, keeping them covered overnight until the night temps settle down.

Kb, I never tire seeing the pic of the kitten up high in the bird's nest. LOL!

Lisa, yes, I love spicy pickled okra too. nice and crunchy, I'm getting hungry for them.... glad your migraine is gone. My MIL had tubes in her ears most of her life. It was so frustrating when they fell out when she had a cold or cough. She lost a few on the golf course.

Phyl, lovely sunrise on the Fly away... thanks for nest updates... I wouldn't be able to find a hummingbird's nest in the Brazilian Skyflower tree... sweet Bluebirds.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #3663 on: April 11, 2023, 11:55:00 AM »

kb - On March 23rd at the first vet visit he said, should could deliver today or in the next two weeks.  Two weeks was April 6th, the same day I went to AC.  I mention that day, that it was 2 weeks since the vet said she would deliver.  They told me to give her another week, and if she didn't to contact them.  If she don't by Wednesday, I am.

tig - Glad to hear that you are getting better each day. 

tsk - Back from ENT, and the tube was out sitting in the ear canal, as the PCP said.  ENT took it out, and showed me.  It's alot bigger than I thought, not like the ones that they put in kids ears.  It has been 5 years since I got the tubes, so he said instead of replacing just the one, would I mind if he did both.  I was like no.  It is an outpatient thing, so I will be put to sleep.  I am going to warn you....when you boil the okra, it gets slimy. 

E4E - You're welcome.  :)

Phyl - I wish Ms. Preggo would have these kittens!  I know I say this everyday, but she acts restless. 

Lani - Oh my, on your MIL's losing her tubes!  Thanks for the bear study update.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3664 on: April 11, 2023, 12:23:12 PM »

Lisa, yes, please call vet on Weds. I hurt just looking at her, I can't imagine how concerned you and Jeff must be.
My MIL had both ears done at the same time.... slimy okra, ugh, that's why I like them pickled or marinated. Now, I don't mind fried, but prefer pickled.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #3665 on: April 11, 2023, 12:36:04 PM »

Ha!....went for a 3 1/2 mile walk around a not too far away lake with ssrl.
1/3 of lake was ice out and still snow on the skiing hills nearby....
But it was lovely to see the multiple pairs of Loons.
I know one of Lani's as well as my favorites.

They are in town (the loons) until there is ice out in the lakes north of me.
A few pics.

Lisa - yes, I would be getting concerned pretty soon....thanks for that info, I thought it was taking awhile!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3666 on: April 11, 2023, 12:45:53 PM »

PHYL  What an amazing tree to build a nest.  Someone's got a good spot for those still shots

LANI   Thanks for the bear update.  I'll look for the pickled okra  thanks.

LISA   I am glad you are given a light anesthetic... :o   Oh OH - maybe a c-section? for Misty?  That slimy okra which I must have had at one point - maybe in a jambalaya?  is the reason I don't eat it.  Texture of slimy doesn't work for me.  LOL  Will start with Lani's suggestion first  LOL

KB  What a wonderful walk today with SSRL  Did Ollie come?
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #3667 on: April 11, 2023, 12:56:16 PM »

tsk - No on Ollie coming...he's not a car rider nor a 3.5 mile walker...
He's happy enough with our local 1 mile walks in the neighborhood.

I wish he would have been "that kind of dog" but wasn't meant to be...
He is however, a happy camper just as he is.

LisaG1967

« Reply #3668 on: April 11, 2023, 12:59:02 PM »

tsk - Slimy okra in gumbo.  Yes, start with the pickled or fried okra first! 

Lani, tsk, kb, - Yes, definitely calling on Wed! 

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3669 on: April 11, 2023, 02:23:33 PM »

HAPPY DAY BEAKERS!  :)

I love okra prepared all ways. Boiled, slimy... lol... or sliced and breaded and fried (not slimy), or pickled (not slimy) - yum, on a skewer in my dirty vodka martini or Bloody Mary! I sometimes use a hot or spicy pickled okra, but the mild pickled ones are yummy too... especially on the side of a salad, as Lani mentioned she likes them. Roasted okra is not slimy, but must be baked at very high temp - 450 degrees or so - and then it will be a bit crunchy on the outside, and creamy on the inside - so easy to do with fresh, tender, summer okra.  Here's one recipe for roasting okra. I like this link because if you scroll through all of it, it has some excellent tips and notes, especially for those not familiar with roasting okra:
https://healthyrecipesblogs.com/roasted-okra/
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 02:25:52 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #3670 on: April 11, 2023, 03:17:12 PM »

Hi guys! Still have bronchitis but I am feeling better than a month ago!   :-\  Lisa, call the vet and ask if you need to bring her in, they will probably do another ultrasound and then they can induce labor with a medication or give her a c-section or hopefully just wait a couple more days.  Yes, they can have different fathers and different ages (a few days apart) we will see!  ;D 
Love and miss you Love & miss ya Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, E4E, KB, Bazi, pink, Blschue, T40, Lilbro, BrokenLug,  Nora, Jaspurr, Phyliz, EBURG, Karen, Jilltosa, Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee,  MpMom, Godiva, Ginger, Oma, Weasel, Maxie, Lindy, Nanimal, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, Ruby, Paulie, F22Raptor, the Cheers group & ALL of you special eagle lovers!

Grandma's bday was Saturday she turned 99!!!  I wasn't able to go see her but here is a pic and my flowers are the ones on the lower left side. (yellow roses)

« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 03:31:06 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

kbshcb

« Reply #3671 on: April 11, 2023, 04:52:16 PM »

LOL, I had to turn my air conditioner on....it's 82 outside and 78 inside.....and snow is still on the ground in places.

Probably keep it on till the end of the week and then the heat may come back on by Sunday!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3672 on: April 11, 2023, 05:22:05 PM »

some bounce
KB... glad you got a nice uplifting walk in. Too many steps here to change over ... air won't go on for a while.
I decided to do other needed tasks in the yard, since our tulips are pushing up! Their fence is up, the A/C is uncovered, the burlap wall is recovered from the dwarf evergreen and the low picket fencing removed. Rabbit away shaken. Some mulch lightly raked from the grass and downed branches gathered.
And the freezable items and lawn mower batteries returned to garage.
Okra?!?? Ish. Anything pickled?!?? Nope. I'll do sauerkraut or kimchi though.  :D
SED
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 05:24:33 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

« Reply #3673 on: April 11, 2023, 06:38:10 PM »

Lisa Yep! /a 'C-section'  I actually saw a C-section done on a woman on a show 'The Operatiion'  back in the late 1980s on A& E.  I'd imagine it would be done about
the same. Good luck w/the tube proceedure

Y'all can keep your okra.   ;D  Ahhhh pickled beets & sauerkraut.
Walks are always nice I've started my evening walks as the weather is wamer---will go back to the stationary bike in late Fall.

Bazi like the lady bug, bees and sunflower

Lori A very Happy Birthday to your granny. She looks great for her age! Many happy returns.   Luv the aminals so cute and tiny.  :-* :-*

Lani tks for the Bear Study report

Kb looks like a nice walk

I got curious and looked up 'what to do when your pregnant cat won't deliver?
https://www.bing.com/search?q=what+do+do+when+your+pregnant+cat+won%27t+deliver&form=CHRDEF&sp=-1&lq=0&pq=what+do+do+when+your+pregnant+cat+won%27t+deliver&sc=0-47&qs=n&sk=&cvid=24D90DF02

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3674 on: April 11, 2023, 06:39:09 PM »

BAZI   I put that okra link in my favorites..Thanks

LORI  GREAT pic of 99 yr old Grandma - Just love it and all the beautiful flowers surrounding her.  You can go see her when you are better.  Loved all the pics in your post too.

KB  We got to 79 today but the house is really cool.  Had a few windows open too.

TIG  One project just leads to another  ;) ;)  Lots accomplished tho.
Chicagoland