Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 535781 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9690 on: September 30, 2023, 06:11:13 PM »

Lisa, oh I just want to snuggle that little snuggle bunny! She looks so sweet, I am sure she doesn't ever cry or have dirty diapers!  ::) ::) ::)

T40, thanks for all the fun videos, still have a couple more to watch! Cat and bunny cuddle , so sweet... That pic of the eagle and squirrel...wonder if the squirrel survived...

Video of the flooding in NYC, OMG!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_-V-9SDk3s

Phyl, Good Night Bob!

Lani, thanks for the FFRC reminder, I just checked both cams, lots of beauties!

Timer is going off, gotta get dinner out of the oven!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9691 on: September 30, 2023, 06:24:48 PM »

T40    Cat and bunny - why not  ;)   Harpy - One magical bird. :o   Same for Philippine eagle.  Awesome bird   Squirrel and eagle  :o

LANI   I'm also a fan of navy bean soup but Tim is not.   :(
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #9692 on: September 30, 2023, 06:48:23 PM »

Happy Caturday, Beakers!

Lisa, Sydney looks so happy! A beautiful picture of a beautiful baby. :-*

E4E, I love a pot of beans on the stove when it starts getting cold!

Lani, I love Navy bean soup!! I loved my years doing yoga, and miss it. I tried to go back to it, but my knees don't allow most poses. I know there are alternate poses for some, but I haven't tried that hard. I love walking every day - I just got out of the habit, and some health issues got in the way for a while. I used to walk 6 miles every day, in the sand by the ocean, every day, no matter the weather - freezing cold wind off the ocean, or rain, or heat, it didn't matter. Loved it. Miss it. The beach towns have made it harder to do - their parking changes are uninviting!  :(  I recognize that political discourse reminder. Thanks for re-posting it.

Phyl, I love seeing the pics of Newman and Lisa at GSB.  :-* :-* Lisa is a beauty!

T40, great photo of the Eagle and the squirrel!

Clynn, tha cats book club! LOL!

KB, I know you're not reporting your precip to the National Weather Service, but there are still some general good tips in this document on where to place a rain gauge that you might find helpful, even if you use a different kind of gauge:
https://www.weather.gov/media/aly/COCORAHS/SettingUpYourGauge.pdf

TSK, I like walking. Even though I'm supposed to do zero-impact exercise, I will still walk. LOL. I would really love to get back in a gym, where I loved using free weights and medicine balls, and non-impact exercise equipment like the recumbent bike, the elliptical, and a few others... maybe I will win the lottery tonight!  ;) ;D  It's almost October! I thought it was October this morning, too! LOL.

BL, Have fun, and please, please, please, stay out of crevasses! I know you will need to traverse some, and that makes me nervous. I may go kiss llamas with Pip;)

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D

Good night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 06:51:53 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #9693 on: September 30, 2023, 06:57:58 PM »

Clynn, oh I forgot to say... I just love your picture of your front porch chipmunk!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #9694 on: September 30, 2023, 07:24:26 PM »

LisaG - Sweet, beautiful pic of your little Sydney - she is such a doll! :-*  Sounds like you had a great shopping day  :)

Lani - Wow, those eyes on the kitty! :)   Safe travels tomorrow for Mike to New Orleans - hope you guys had a great day  :)   It took all day for my chili beans, as they simmered on low for almost 6 hrs., then I let them cool (which takes a lot of time), then I fill my small containers and put them in the freezer.  I really enjoy doing this!   

Tig - You have a nice yard because of all your efforts - must feel good to be out there and enjoying your yard! :)  You mentioned 'pizza' and that is what we are having - I got home a little while ago after going and picking up a combination pizza at 'Round Table'!  Can't wait to have a slice! ;)

Tsk - Yes - I agree about it making a good puzzle!  Tim knows when it's time to rest a bit! ;)

T40 - That is quite a picture of squirrel & BE  :o

Phyl - Yes, I'm glad my Mom was here for a while today - good visit and she sometimes repeats stories, but that is alright with me - I love her so much. :-*

Clynn - OMGosh - just watched the vid of the flooding in NYC  :o

Bazi - I picked the perfect day to simmer a pot of chili beans - it was a day with a few showers, and gray skies and a temp of 59. :)  When my mom was here today, beans were not ready yet, so tomorrow I will take her some.    Good for you in the walking/exercising you do - I am active all day long, but I need to walk enough to get my heart rate up.  I've told my hubby we need to buy a treadmill.

Hi Lori - hope you & Destini are doing well & fine.  :)

OG - Hope you had a good day at work and hopefully are off tomorrow!

Beakers have a good night.  :)

BrokenLug

« Reply #9695 on: September 30, 2023, 10:27:55 PM »

baz oh ye of little faith 

yet I still post

perhaps the government could get my sea plane together
U. S. A.

oldguy

« Reply #9696 on: September 30, 2023, 10:33:13 PM »

BL - you are good to finish your trip - funding bill was just signed
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

BrokenLug

« Reply #9697 on: September 30, 2023, 10:36:53 PM »

tx OG
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9698 on: September 30, 2023, 10:48:14 PM »

BL, safe travels  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #9699 on: September 30, 2023, 11:59:17 PM »

stuff I don't know any other.

U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #9700 on: October 01, 2023, 12:04:01 AM »

This place.
Sunrise is going to take my breath away
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9701 on: October 01, 2023, 01:13:59 AM »

Clynn, lots of beauties at FFRC along with lots of changes, but the devotion and love of the staff is constant. I love the CH cats they take in and care for the rest of their lives.

{{{Baz}}} One day at a time. That's what I did when I fell off a ladder years ago. Walking the beach sounds like a dream to me. Talons crossed for winning the lottery!  :-*

Eagles, Love the smell of a simmering pot of chili on the stove, especially on a Saturday, football playing on the tv. Perfect! You'll have chili to enjoy throughout the fall. Yum!  You'll enjoy having a treadmill.

Good night! from FFRC

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Phyl and Jim, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloth Robin, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 11:57:41 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #9702 on: October 01, 2023, 02:57:44 AM »

Sparkles the official firepup (on the right) with a puppy.

A pit bull named Jake, who was badly burned in a fire as a puppy, is now an honorary firefighter and mascot at the fire department that saved him. https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/pit-bull-badly-burned-puppy-now-honorary-firefighter/story?id=37523533

This is Milton. He’s a firefighter. Likes to drive the truck. Hoping to grow into his uniform soon.

Meet Scrappy, the Greensboro Fire Department’s official fire cat.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 03:00:38 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #9703 on: October 01, 2023, 05:56:27 AM »

Good Morning Everyone. Happy Sunday and...

Currently 68F  fog;   High  85F sunny,  Low 61 F  clear skies.

Hi Lori hope things are better. A nice tribute to firehouse dogs, always love the kittens.

CLynn just saw your video of the NY flooding---Oh My!

E4E Ahhh Chili season--- my family's tradition for chili season begins on Halloween Night. As it's easy to make and eat while appeasing the ghouls, ghosts and
                 goblins. I miss my mother terribly, both my parents.  :'(

Lani those darling rescue kittens :-* :-* :-*

Prayers for:   Lahaina   Maui, HI and Morocco  ; All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere and Successful recovery from  Hurricanes  Idalia  & Hilary; Tropical  Storm  Ophelia ; The Beakroom and Cheers.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan