Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 574974 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8925 on: September 10, 2023, 07:49:01 AM »

bounce
My lap is cold.  :-[
KB... Zeus alerted to a pkg. left at our side gate, up against the house and difficult to see. Reminded me of Ollie.
Coco is a very impressive person. Her parents did a great job.
I'll be cheering for the lessor of 2 "evils" today, Medvedev.
And then... SKOL! ND, Gophers and Twins did well.
BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8926 on: September 10, 2023, 08:04:00 AM »

Coco will be a great tennis player as it takes more than talent---principals, faith and wisdom. Hats off to her parents.  ;)

KB luv the teenage leopard  :-*;  Never thought of 'gathering' . Duh? LOL

CLynn  Bella so cute in her Hawkeyes cheerleading outfit--how cool Erin finding that dress for her! Glad everyone enjoyed the game.
                  Pretty hearts this AM.

Tig good job Zeus. Gotta watch out for those 'porch pirates'. Wherever they strike--porch or no porch.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #8927 on: September 10, 2023, 08:30:31 AM »

Good outfit Ed found for Bella!  Little cheerleader but I do not think she paid much attention to the game!  Looks like a fun time clynn!  Take care of your wrist!

Well, Good Morning! 76 degrees, 90 %humidity and dew point of 71,  going to 87 today and a few 90 degree days next week with a few in the middle 80s. Hurricane Lee down to a cat 2 but expected to regrow to cat 4 status.  Predict tidal issues and giant swells on or east coast but no land fall predictions!  I think Jpalm may be guiding this big gut away from land as he continues sailing the heavenly skies!  Rip

Lisa, when is your Mother coming to visit?  Did not realize Sydney had blue eyes!  Thought they were dark!  No matter, they are lovely!   Hope all have a lovely Sunday!

kbshcb

« Reply #8928 on: September 10, 2023, 08:59:45 AM »

tig - cool, on Ollie like behavior.
Having owned dogs most of my life, I've never found one as attentive to differences as Ollie man...he's obsessive about anything that is different than what he recalls....his attention to detail well, there should have been a job for that!

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #8929 on: September 10, 2023, 09:01:36 AM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

oldguy

« Reply #8930 on: September 10, 2023, 09:17:39 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Heading for 81 today, dew point in upper 50s and peaking at low 60s when the rain is forecast overnight...

As Karen mentioned, Hurricane Lee is down to 105 mph this morning (Cat2) but forecast to rise again to Cat4 in the next 3 days.  No change on the expected path this morning.  Long range path spaghettis have tightened, but as BL mentioned, the accuracy of them are no better that any other 10 day forecast.  But it appears that Lee will make first landfall in Canada as a Cat1.

Here is a report out of Morocco by DW News - DW is a German international news service.
Death toll in Morocco earthquake rises to 2,000 | DW News   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKXV6dxhK8o

E4E - this may be of some interest to you and your hubby - this is a mechanic in Bradenton FL
Out of Time! Electrical Circuit Malfunction! 1981 DMC DeLorean   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFS5Y8zRsjs
From 7 years ago...
Marty McFly & Doc Brown Visit Jimmy Kimmel Live   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0VGRlEJewA

Won 2 out 2 games last night.  8)

I caught a few highlights of the game yesterday and apparently the crowd was not all supportive of having the politician's in attendance. ::)
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8931 on: September 10, 2023, 10:58:53 AM »

LISA  Nice fall opening for you today  ;D  Ziva and Bradley bonding - That's nice .  How do the cats respond to Sydney and vice versa?

CLYNN  Always love your bright and cheerful AM greetings - thanks for taking the time   :) :-*  Love that 3rd pic of Bella laughing  LOL  That's the biggest problem going to big games like that esp if there is no public transportation to get there.  In a city this big we are glad that in most places the el or train can get you at least closer to your goal.  Not to say there aren't traffic tie-ups as well.    I recognize that monarch  ;) ;)   Oh boy  - could have lost the whole tire when Dad changed it for you.  Bet that never happened again  LOL    How wonderful for all the Black eagles boots on the ground - We know what that feels like  :)    I've never seen a rhody that big.  I'm glad she has lived long enough to see it that big.   A little support on that wrist might not be a bad thing for awhile.

KB  Packers and Bears after the Vikings today.  Same time as the Men's US open finals..... :o

PHYL    When I empty it and put fresh formula in - I've never seen a bee...

OLDGUY    Marty Mcfly - What an ovation back in 2015 for them both.  Missed the line about your card game - I think overall you win a lot more than you lose  ;D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 04:44:42 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8932 on: September 10, 2023, 11:56:30 AM »

Happy Sunday Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Hi Lori ;D

Oldguy, good game night.. the news of Morocco death toll  :'(

Karen, I pray Lee stays away.

Tig, {{{Zeus}}}.  pups left?  :(

Kb, beautiful kitty! LOL!  ;) ;D ... now it's SKOL season!  ;D

Clynn, Great pics!  ;D Love Miss Bella in the Iowa Hawkeye cheerleader dress! Ed is a fantastic thrift shopper!  ;D It was a good game, it was on Mike's football schedule!  ;D ... the  compression gloves will help, along with putting ice on your wrist and Advil...Aleve works for me. My fingers don't work as they use too, and I'm constantly busy working with them. LOL! So it's aleve daily... beautiful butterfly... oh I forgot to mention yesterday. the electric pot for water is used many times during the day. Sun tea ... I also par boil the veggies before grilling or oven. Boil water and then pour over veggies, let sit for 8 minutes. It keeps it green, drain, cover with marinade then bake or grill for 3 minutes or so.... Aly had a pot downstairs too for herbal tea... Black Eagle Juve is gorgeous and those intense eyes!

Lisa, I bet your mom will want to visit her little great granddaughter soon. Glad to hear Ziva has settled in... all is well for the happy family then   :)

Tsk, Lovely temps for you today.... Good idea to double check gate. I check the lower patio/dog run gate every night before night falls, even though we may not use it as regularly as we did when Aly lived downstairs.

Remembering Jpalm on the day of his passing RIP Commander J  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #8933 on: September 10, 2023, 01:09:10 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

Phyl - Stewie doesn't seem jealous at all.  Bradley pays attention to them both, but Lizzie will sit in the office with him while he works, and Stewie will stay in the living or bedroom with Kelly.

clynn - Great pics of the munchkins, and I can see why they wore you out.  ;D  I hope there is some baby-sitting jobs in my future.  I hope your wrist is feeling a lil better today.

kb & tig - Good luck to your Vikings. 

karen - I am not sure when Mama is coming to visit.  Sydney's eyes look dark in the pics, but they are a blue/gray, Bradley's color.  Kelly has brown eyes.

Lori - Hey there, how are you doing?

oldguy - Thanks for the info on Lee, and yay on your card win!

tsk - The kitties don't seem to mind Sydney at all, and vice versa.  Bradley said, they look at her and walk away.

Lani - Love your morning pic.  I hope Mama will visit soon. 

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8934 on: September 10, 2023, 01:12:15 PM »

BAZI  What a final match and was so glad that Coco Gauff won.  What a mature young lady.  I'm presuming you did not see the match  :'(

TSK, no, I did not see it, BUT I finally found the US Open radio play by play live coverage online at usopen.org ... so I listened to the Ladies Singles Championship match yesterday live on my ipad in split screen with the stats and point description of the games, live scores and summary as the match progressed, in the other tab, while listening to the live radio audio - all from the usopen.org online web site. Only thing was, there was a slight delay in the live radio play-by-play, so I could see the live score progress a little bit before hearing it on the radio. LOL.  ;)  But it was excellent live play-by-play calling and commentary on that live USopen.org radio broadcast! I'm doing the same right now as I type - listening to the Womens Doubles Championship match, live... I will also listen live on the USOpen.org live radio online this afternoon when the Mens Singles Championship match starts at 4pm... should be close, I'm guessing. We'll see. I haven't decided who I might pull for - Djokovic going for a historic record 24 majors titles if he wins today!!! But it would be nice for Medvedev to win in a way, too, since Djokovic can be so cocky at times, LOL, but I guess he's earned it - he's the best man playing right now, maybe of all time, but Medvedev has beaten him before, but Medvedev must be feeling it after the big match he had beating Alcaraz in the semifinals! I LOVED that Gauff won the Ladies Singles Championship yesterday!! She is great for tennis! a wonderful attitude, with great sportsmanship, and she is playing great right now! It was an exciting match, with her coming back from losing that 1st set, to then winning the next 2 sets for the BIG WIN! Yay!! I got to listen to the whole Trophy ceremony afterward and then interviews with both players, also.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #8935 on: September 10, 2023, 01:18:26 PM »

Good night Otis! Happy fishing! He's all alone in his office for a bit of night fishing! The big boys are gone! :-*

((LANI)), OTIS!!
  :-* :-* :-*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #8936 on: September 10, 2023, 02:12:52 PM »

O! HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

Remembering, and missing, JPALM. I loved spending time with him in Forum, and he "PM"ed me from time to time. He was such a wonderful and caring person.

(((Clynn))), OUCH! on your painful wrist injury! I know it might be hard to do, but it will make a difference in how fast it improves if you can not use it. Glad it's not your lead hand - you're right-handed... right?  Anyway, I hope it gets better fast! Great pics of Kelsey and the family while she opened her b'day pics - YAY! She got the cat paw print hooded T!  :D  Your cupcakes turned out great!! Why doesn't Kelsey like to eat them? It looks like all enjoyed her b'day time together!  :-*  How does it feel for you to have a daughter that's older than you are now?!?!?   ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D  Love the pics of The Munchkins! Great Game Day cheer outfit for Bella! She must be a good cheerleader, her team won!  ;) :D

(((Karen))), I know that must've scared you to death! I almost had a heart attack just reading about your Perfect Dog's accidental night escape!!! OMG!!! I'm sooo glad all turned out okay! Bless your sweet neighbor who was going to go out looking for Piper for you! I know you were relieved when Piper came running back, and no harm!! Thank goodness!  :-* :-*

Lisa, oh my! Look at your sweet grand, Sydney!!  :-*  What a wonderful picture you got of her!! Did you and your mom spill happy tears when you were all together Face-Timing the first time your mom got to see her great granddaughter? I would've cried, for sure. So sweet!!  :-* :-*

Tig, awww.. love the pics of the cutie pie pups!  :-* :-* They had loads of fun staying "bizzy" in your yard!  :D  Glad you got to spend some fun time with them this weekend.

Oldguy, thank goodness no harm came from both instances of those loose bolts/screws on your car!! Some good cards last night.

E4E, fun to do the Cars and Coffee... has Kris already finished the Delorean?

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

Etta was so lazy yesterday, she forgot her Caturday post!!   ;D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 02:19:27 PM by baziunc »

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #8937 on: September 10, 2023, 03:15:23 PM »

Good afternoon Beakers!

Sunny - high of 73

Phyl - Hubby is at a local car show today w/the Delorean! I went to church this morning, then at 1:30, I am leaving to go watch our Grandson play football.  Hubby will make sure he goes to the next football game!
Love the beautiful pic of giraffe getting a drink of water. :)

Karen - OMGosh, I can only imagine how scared you must have been when you saw the crew had left the gate open. :o ::)  So glad that Piper came running when she heard her name being called!   It would be interesting if you can see the two large birds again fly over your yard and maybe see what kind they are!

Lani - Like the goodnight pic of Otis in his 'office'  ;D   I know you miss JPalm very much - he is missed. :(

Tsk - Thank you for the reminder of the anniversary of JPalm's passing. RIP     Everytime I see a gorgeous butterfly, I think of you!

Puff - I agree with what you said about thanks and gratitude!

LisaG - I am surprised that Lizzie/Ziva doesn't seem to remember you, but I would think that somehow you are definitely familiar to her.   So good that you face timed with your Mama while you were visiting your Granddaughter. :-*   Hope your Mama can hold her in the near future! :)

Clynn - Cute/fun pic of Bella - I can see that she is a bundle of high energy!  Papa had a great idea in getting those balloons!  The Munchkins sure have wonderful quality time with you & Ed!! 8) ;D   Love the dress - Ed is a smart/good shopper!!    Clynn, hope your wrist feels better soon even though you are quite a busy Grandma, Mom, & Wife!! ;D
Thank you for posting Black Eagle Roodekrans fledge - fantastic pics!!
Wow - gorgeous Rhododendron - amazing!!!! The cute lady who planted it, looks so small next to it!!

Kb - Beautiful 'Sub-adult'!!!  You always post great animal pics.  SKOL for you & Tig!!!  Unbelievable the amount of dragonflies around your house/yard!! ;D

Tig - Oh no, lap cold!  You know what that means, you will just need to warm it up again  ;) :)  SKOL!!

Lori - Nice 'feel better' for Clynn's wrist  :)   Hope you & Destini are doing well.  :)

Baz - Sure sounds like amazing Tennis being played!!  Sweet pic of Etta!!  Kris says he still has more work/detail to do on the Delorean, but it is already a 'clean' and beautiful car because of the tremendous amount of time he has put into it!

Oldguy - I will show hubby that link!  Thank you! 8)

Beakers enjoy the rest of your afternoon.  I need to get ready to head out for my Grandson's game!

Phyl

« Reply #8938 on: September 10, 2023, 04:35:45 PM »

Tsk thank for the extra info on the wasp, etc 'trap'. I'm mostly wanting  to trap the 'Murder' Hornets  and  their higher evolved sub species, that seek out and murder
            the Honey Bees right in the hive--- Queen and combed bees esp.

Lisa LOL the kitties and  Sydney; I too thought she had very, very dark brown irises

KB/Tig  "Good Luck' w/ your Vikings game

E4E LOL, I'm the next game will not be missed.  ;)  All the best for your grandson's game

Lori nice 'get well' greeting/wish for CLynn

Karen hoping Hurricane Lee keeps  way out to sea. 🙏 's 

OG congrats on cards last night   ;), tks for update on Hurricane Lee; really enjoyed the 2015 guest appearance of MJF and CL in role reprisal Marty/Doc from BTTF
                :'( death toll in Morocco . 🙏 's 

Awwww Etta  :)

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #8939 on: September 10, 2023, 04:48:03 PM »