Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1010307 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8910 on: September 09, 2023, 05:19:34 PM »

T40   10 things not to do with cats...Found those out already  LOL   Panda baby scaring mama ;D

LISA   That is a gorgeous pic of Sydney - My favorite so far.  Will you look at those eyes!!!
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #8911 on: September 09, 2023, 05:49:29 PM »

light shower & loud thunder this morning - then sunshine - high of 77

Lani - I can imagine how Sadie doesn't want coyotes coming around and then to smell that a skunk had sprayed! ::)   Thank you for posting Otis - love seeing him!!  Thank you for Albatross status!

Phyl - Love your cute graphic w/kitty & balloon!

LisaG - Hope you & Jeff had a wonderful visit with Sydney today!   Lisa, don't be too hard on yourself with not taking more pictures today - that happens to us too sometimes - we all get caught up in the moment and forget to use the camera.  So happy you had a beautiful visit with your Granddaughter. :)   Darling sweet pic of Sydney - she is so alert!!

Kb - Wow, that bee sure did get you good.  >:(  Thank goodness ice is helping.  I wonder if Cortizone would have helped?     That sure is a lot of Dragonflies passing thru!!!

Clynn - So happy to see that Kelsey enjoyed her special day - lots of fun, gifts, zoo, dinner, cupcakes, and family time - I don't think it can get any better!!   Sorry to hear about your wrist - definitely try not to use it - it needs complete rest!  Hope it gets better soon.

Tsk - Yes, we are getting LOTS of hummer activity right now - and we will enjoy them while they are here!! :)

Tig - Sounds like the pups are enjoying and letting some of the outsiders know that they should not try to trespass while they are staying with you - especially Zeus sounds protective.  Awe, hope Rosie's head is ok and that she didn't get too much of a headache. ;)    Love the pics - they sure are cuties!!

Kb - That is devastating news out of Morocco - saw it on this morning's news. :o :'(   That is so wonderful you still have those special Cannisters after all these years!

Oldguy - Seems like this is the month for Beakers to be getting their vehicles serviced/repaired!   Thank you for the updates and all good info.

Puff - So interesting in hearing about your trips and unique/special 'souvenirs'!!

I am late at posting today as this morning I helped my hubby get up and out of the house to take his Delorean to a nearby town for 'Cars n Coffee'.  It is not a formal car show, but its just a gathering that only lasts 2 hours; usually 8a - 10.
My Mom & sis came over around 11 and stayed about an hour & a half.  We had a nice little visit; we did some things with her phone and I made some copies of papers for her.
Then, I had to go uptown to a couple of stores.  Going out to do some water now.  Although we had a little rain this morning, it was not enough to register on our gauge. 

Thoughts & prayers for Morocco.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8912 on: September 09, 2023, 05:57:47 PM »

KB Goodness,  like a maturation or a hoard? We have a large creek just behind us and that's been the attraction in the past.   Kitty hugs is so touching.  :-*
              Very sad news Morocco earthquake

CLynn probably how you carried the bags as you said.  >:(   Do you have an ACE bandage? Just wrap for a sprain. I carry those grocery bags in a tote bag; great
            snaps of  Kelsey--great headband, looks so happy. Thank for sharing them w/us.  Do take care of that wrist.  Oh no---cat in bread bag. LOL

Tsk 'kitty smoochies' so cute---your Autumn temps

Tig enjoyed your puppy /kitty story; you look for 'poopies' and I look for 'hairballs'. ::)  Just saw your snaps---pooches look great.

OG
glad to hear auto appt went well;  sweet kitty tryuing to find a home---I hope this had worked out ;tks for Hurricane Lee updates will read later; chicken breasts to
      marinate

Lani tks for Otis and Royal updates/snaps. Everyone looks great-even if it's a behind view (Otis) LOL. Manaaki  nd Quarry chick hovering won't be long, I wager.

T40 shy on time late on dinner will view later  knowing videos will be worth it. Hope all's well for you.

Lisa that little face is getting expressive--- ;)  such a cute girl

Puff some interesting souvenirs

Think I'm caught up.Oh wait...

E4E bet it was fun racing around town in a Delorean.  ;) LOL   Congrats on the hummer volume.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8913 on: September 09, 2023, 06:01:15 PM »

Caturday was great!

Sending a "Good Evening' with SEDs  to Everyone !

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8914 on: September 09, 2023, 06:05:39 PM »

BAZI  What a final match and was so glad that Coco Gauff won.  What a mature young lady.  I'm presuming you did not see the match  :'(
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #8915 on: September 09, 2023, 06:16:02 PM »

What impressed me is when our winner knelt down in thanks and gratitude.  I follow a lot of sports and don't recall ever seeing that with tennis.  More like something track and field participants do.  Truth be told, she done good!

P

karengramke

« Reply #8916 on: September 09, 2023, 07:07:19 PM »

Rosie says, girls know how to pose for the camera!  Cutie!

Lisa, that picture is wonderful!   VEry suitable for framing!  Sydney sure looks older than she is!  I think she will be starting school soon! How did your mother like her?  This picture almost looks like she is looking at her during face time!  Now tell me, does Lizzie know  or remember you and Jeff? Curious.

Had a good friend who lived and worked in Morocco for a year,  she loved Marrakech and had a lot of interesting things from there. Terrible disaster! I remember when .grace kelly married thePrince and later when she died.
Lani, thanks for the report on Otis and the Royal As.  I wish they could stay put!  So many dangers in the world with junk floating in the ocean fooling things to think it is food!  Kills them.  Shame on us!
My perfect dog got out of the yard last night because my perfect lan crew left the gate open!  Dark out and hard to see. Black dog.  My neighbor as going to get her car and search and as she called her Piper came running!  Several lessons  learned.get light and talk to lawn crew. I almost had a heart attack!
Great day for Kelsey.  You did good clynn!  Enjoyed the pictures!
Temps a tad cooler but still in the upper 80s.   

Two very large birds flew over the house yesterday afternoon.  Yard guy thought they were buzzards but the wings were not black and there was a very large wing span on them.   Have to research this a little.  Could be an advance scouting party of the whopping cranes from Wisconsin.  I will never really know but fun to see the graceful flight!

« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 09:56:08 PM by karengramke »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8917 on: September 10, 2023, 12:56:57 AM »

Tig Awww Rosie and Zeus! Adorable. :-*

;Drt5gtf interesting stories and memories of your trips.

T40, Love Tony Baker!

Lisa, Those beautiful eyes! She's just too precious, melts your heart. It's wonderful you were able to FT with your mom. What a special day it was for all of you! I hope Kelly and Bradley are well.  ;D

Eagles, I bet Kris gets a lot comments over his Delorean... Even though it was cloudy day, I couldn't count on rain, so I watered plants too.

Tsk, Puff, Congratulations and amen Coco Gauff, so young, many great years ahead!

SED Phyl {{{Bob}}}

Karen, glad Piper returned!

Good night Otis! Happy fishing! He's all alone in his office for a bit of night fishing! The big boys are gone! :-*

Prayers for Lahaina, Maui, Morocco

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Karen and Piper, Paulie, Phyl and Jim, Eagle's mom, Tsk's friend Lynn & Husband and her DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloth Robin, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8918 on: September 10, 2023, 06:47:59 AM »

54 degrees heading to 77 and sunny  Humidity 96% but low dew point 52

PUFF   Agree about the spontaneous kneeling in prayer...

KAREN   That is so scary when the gate isn't closed.  Years ago when SIL Barb's husky got out for the same reason - it attacked a neighbor's cat.    Of course Barb and Tom had a lot of medical expenses to pay for the cat.  Now just to be sure, it is one more thing you have to do is check each time...sigh.  So glad Piper responded to her name.

LANI   Otis has the river to himself  ;)

Remembering on this day the passing of our dear friend JPALM
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 06:50:07 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #8919 on: September 10, 2023, 07:19:02 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Sunday !     

A giraffe gets a long drink at the water hole in Nkorho Bush Lodge,  Sabi Sand Game Reserve,South Africa. Aug 26, 2023 7:09 AM
Camera Time: Aug 26, 2023 2:09 PM SAST (South African Standard Time)

Currently 70F   High  84F sunny and humid 92%,  Low 65F  .A warm humid day in Middle Tennessee. 

T40 really enjoy  tony Baker, LOL; lion;murder mittens'  don't press your luck !; baby panda; cosmic question mark---I don't know about that one.

Lani a 'good night' Otis awwww.

Lisa just had to show Jim your Sydney snap from yesterday's visit---he loved it and agreed w/me  just the cutest  ;)

Karen what a fright yard workers leaving the gate open and Piper missing. So lucky she came when called and no injuries.

Tsk definitely Autumn knocking on your door

((RIP JPalm)) you're missed

Prayers for :Lahaina and Kaanapali,  Maui, HI and Morocco  ;All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee and Successful recovery from  Hurricanes  Idalia  & Hilary;

« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 07:23:56 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #8920 on: September 10, 2023, 07:20:37 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Sunday!

tsk - Remembering ((Jpalm))  A good rain day for us today.  I think that pic is my favorite one of Sydney, too.  Those big blue eyes!

Lani - Thank you  :-*  Yesterday was a really nice day.  I was so glad that I could Facetime with my Mama, so she could see Sydney. Awww, Otis!

karen - Thank you  :-*  I told Kelly that yesterday, that she looks older than a 1 month old.  My mama loved being able to see her.  I know she wishes she was here to hold and kiss on her, too.  No, I don't think Lizzie/Ziva remembers us at all.  But, she loves Bradley...she is attached to him at the hip!  Awww, so glad that Piper knows her name and came back running! 

Phyl - Thank you  :-*  Aww, thank you Jim!

E4E - Thank you  :-*  Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday.

Phyl

« Reply #8921 on: September 10, 2023, 07:27:54 AM »

Lisa so glad Lizzie loves Bradley as she does---Stewie not jealous?
 Perhaps someday, soon, your mom will be able to visit Sydney and hold her great granddaughter.  ;)

E4E busy you ---a day of rest today

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8922 on: September 10, 2023, 07:32:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

The Munchkins wore me out yesterday, well, I should say Bella wore me out! Papa had a bag pf balloons, she had such fun with them, blowing them up and letting them go, coloring on them, and then popping them!

Erin and Sydney had a good time at the game, it took then over four hours to get there even though it's less than 30 miles. I guess the traffic was horrendous with all the politicians attending the game. The Iowa Hawkeyes won, that was Erin & Bella's team! Notice the Hawkeyes dress Bella has on, Papa found that at the thrift store...  ANF - America Needs Farmers!

Lani, Otis is a very smart old bear, fishing at night when everyone else is asleep! Thanks for the Albatross videos, we will miss them when they take off...

Phyl, I ordered some compression gloves, hopefully that will help my weak wrist! Hmmm, I wonder, my sister Cathy broke both of her wrists when we were pre-teens, maybe weak wrists somehow in the DNA? Our high 76 today with rain coming!

Lisa, what a sweet picture of Sydney, I love her beautiful eyes! She changes a little bit with each picture! When Bella was that little virtually all of the pictures I took of her were on Wednesday, when I had her all day and when she was asleep!  I bet you will be getting some babysitting jobs in the future! So Glad your Mom was able to see her!

T40, I will enjoy the videos today!

Puff, I also imagine your house containing many interesting items from all over the world!

tsk, I never even thought of putting ice on my wrist until you mentioned it - duh! Just took Advil. Still a tiny bit sore today, but I was busy yesterday and didn't get to rest it like I should have. I am doing basically nothing today!  jpalm, nice memories... One of your butterflies made it down to Ed's niece in Georgia!

karen, OMGoodness, so glad Piper is home! Stern words for the lawn guys, I am sure!

oldguy, I am sure you were cheering for the Hawkeyes! Glad your car is fixed! When I was going to college my dad changed a flat tire for me, back when you put the real spare tire on. I went somewhere and when I got back home I told him the car was acting funny. He got this look on his face and went straight out to the tire he had changed. He finger tightened the lug nuts but forgot to go back and tighten them with the tire wrench!

tig, Zeus and Rosie are cuties!  Glad you got to spend an hour sniffing for poopies and interlopers! LOLOL! My sister's dog wanted out so she could do just that, sniff every blade of grass. And that takes time!

Black Eagle Project Roodekrans - The Juvenile of 2023 has Fledged!
Finally, at 96 days old, Juve 23 decided to fly off the nest. All indications are that the Juvenile flew off the nest late yesterday afternoon. When we arrived this morning she was already off the nest. At 07.10 this morning she flew off a ledge below the nest, our first sighting of her flying. A little careful initially, but as the morning past, she gained more confidence and and the distance of each flight increased. Our Monitors and a number of Photographers have been spending every morning at the Walter Sisulu National Botanical Gardens to witness the event. Today didn't disappoint.

The Beatles in 1957, George is 14, John is 16 & Paul is 15, performing as wedding singers.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 07:34:47 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #8923 on: September 10, 2023, 07:36:55 AM »

A sub- adult...

Happy Sunday.

Skol Vikings!....vs. Tampa Bay at our house...

Phyl - people here called the massive amount of dragonflies their "gathering" before leaving...in my yard alone there were too many to count, 100's?....thought they were going to hit me in the head...nope, they were too good at flying.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 08:56:18 AM by kbshcb »

Phyl

« Reply #8924 on: September 10, 2023, 07:48:21 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam