Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1058215 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8475 on: August 26, 2023, 06:23:43 AM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8476 on: August 26, 2023, 06:24:17 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8477 on: August 26, 2023, 06:26:22 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8478 on: August 26, 2023, 07:49:12 AM »

Good CATURDAY Morning Beakers!

Phyl, good cat pics, zillion dollar bill...LOLOL! M..E..O..W, love it! Cats are Devine and it shows... Our 100+ spell has broken, 84 today 81 tomorrow...

BL, thanks for the explanation of Sally years, makes sense now! Curtis Loew...Ultimate Guitar!

Lani, you have a good bit of time to get all those little things done while Mike is gone! Good to keep busy while he is gone. To tell the truth, I wish Ed would have to go somewhere for a couple of weeks so I could clean his Man Cave and get a lot of other things done...

baz, you're right, 'hatchback' isn't out! From what I read the two terms are pretty much interchangeable, the main difference being that the 'back door' on a SUV tends to be wider and angles more straight down instead of at an angle like the usual hatchback.. The guy at the Ford body shop recognized the issue immediately, he has seen it many times. The door lifts need to be replaced, one of them has failed and eventually it won't open or close. Anyway, the body shop estimated the cost to repair is almost $1000. I do have the Ford Extended Warranty so he is checking on that. I don't know why it wouldn't be covered, but it has to be repaired regardless! My warranty expires 8/31!

tig, good views of your sidewalk, better view of Camper being the photog!  LOLOL!

karen, glad you got some needed rain! We could use some!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8479 on: August 26, 2023, 07:59:01 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

71 heading to 76  DP 68  humidity 89%  - cloudy

PHYL  Good that Jim has just a "regular" cold.  You just never know these days.  Some one got creative with bananas  :) ;)

BAZI  New shoots come off of runners underground which is why once you have it  - you have it.  However it will also spread by seed when the pods open and the seeds are whisked away on that fluffy while "silky" material.  This is why I cut it down before the pods open as I don't want seeds to spread it.  The monarch has to have milkweed to survive.   Thanks for the update on your neighbors family.  They are blessed to have you to help out.   You are so good about getting lots of veggies in your diet.  How is it going with the new frig search??

TIG   All shiny and brand new  ;D   You caught Camper taking some special shots  LOL

KB   Those Ollie man ears are amazing.

CLYNN   Lots of crazy cute cats this AM.  Sure sounds like the hatch door should be covered - It is a safety issue as well.   " I'll be watching you" ;D ;D ;D
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #8480 on: August 26, 2023, 08:21:28 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....It's Caturday!!!!

Phyl - Hope Jim starts to feel better with his meds. It was hard to see, but it looked like two cookies on the morning pic from yesterday. Good Caturday pics.

baz - Your chicken fajita stir-fry dinner sounded delish!

tig - Your sidewalk project looks very nice.

karen - Glad you had a nice thunder-boomer last night.  We need a lil rain, too.

oldguy - Awww, Bellamy's hair dye looks cute. 

Lani - Love your good night pic of the dandelions.

BL - Thanks for the tunes.

kb - Aww, cute pic of Ollie for National Dog Day.

clynn - Every breathe you take....lol  I hope you get your extended warranty repair approved before 8/31.  I feel like it took forever too for them to approve my AC on the extended warranty.   

tsk - Love the morning Caturday pic.  I remember when Bandit use to do that when we first got him.  Misty has not even tried that yet.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8481 on: August 26, 2023, 10:49:53 AM »

Harley thinks he is hiding...                                                              He looks really ginger in the sun today!                                   

My coleus plants on the deck, they are about 3' across:

Incredible drone footage captures amazing circular 'garden city' that looks like an 'alien civilisation'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-7574719/Incredible-drone-footage-captures-bizarre-Danish-circular-community-Br-ndby-Garden-City.html

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

T40cfr403

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

karengramke

« Reply #8483 on: August 26, 2023, 11:04:07 AM »

Continued hot and humid!   Will not be fall here for some time!
Good cat pictures and the one with the butterfly on its nose reminds me thatI saw another monarch this am!  Tsk, only one at a time and I have not seen any milk weed but they seem to go to the leaves of the magnolia tree and the orange tree.
Piper said every day is dog day! She is sorry the cats only get Saturday!

Baz. I do not see anything in my local forecast on the ts yet. We should have rain Tue and .wed but not from a ts.

Swfl should be turning
the cams back on soon! I will be interested to see if f23 is as bossy as Harriet was!   
Clynn, Harley is a beauty!  Coleus is lovely!  Never thought of potting it but is looks great!
All enjoy the day
T40!  Eek!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8484 on: August 26, 2023, 11:24:23 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Karen, glad Piper is enjoying these dog days of summer! I hope it rains for you soon.

T40, "lunch"  :o

Phyl, good Caturday shames  ;D

Clynn, nice morning pics  :) No matter what the door is called, it's a safety and hazard, I hope your car is repaired asap... "Every breath you take"  :). {{{Harley}}} looking very handsome this morning... the coleus plants are very healthy and gorgeous.

Kb, {{{Ollie man}}}

BL :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8485 on: August 26, 2023, 11:51:18 AM »

Last 3 monarchs  2 male and 1 female - were released today and sent packing to Mexico .

Final numbers are in   46 total releases ( previous releases were 30 and 26)  22 males and 24 females.  But as you know 2 of the releases did not make it.  So all equipment has been cleaned and boxed til next year  ;D

CLYNN   Harley is a beautiful cat.  :)  You have such a perfect place for those coleus.  Love the varieties you chose.   What an interesting concept for a city dwellers change of pace in the circular gardens.   LOLOL  One washcloth on the floor.  Lulu is so good at that.  My butterfly log is a little notebook when open about 3"x5".  While I was figuring my data this AM she came to help and sat smack dab on the entire 3x5  LOLOL

T40  Love the pics  " lunch"   ;D    Cat on the ice  ;D   Cat watching the horror movie is a classic and amazing how much movement the cat was tracking as if with understanding,  :o    Fascinating piece on air traffic  :o    Sign up that ball girl  LOLOL

KAREN   The monarchs only need the milkweed to lay eggs and to eat as a caterpillar.  They will land on blossoms as a butterfly .

LANI    LOL  Feel the magic  ;D ;D
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #8486 on: August 26, 2023, 12:30:54 PM »

Real legend and guardian/friend of our furry friends - just read that Bob Barker (99) has passed away.  I'm sure we'll have several words posted by us all.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #8487 on: August 26, 2023, 01:30:59 PM »

Spent 3 plus hours in back yard mowing, weeding, watering...etc.

My work is compounded by the fact that my neighbor has only mowed her back yard one time so far this entire year....Midwesterners will know what I mean.

Such a lovely cooler day today....after working my butt off spent hours in my screened porch reading....
Heat builds back in in a few days so have to take advantage.

BTW my one bare limelight hydrangea has now bloomed a few blossoms!...just a late bloomer I guess.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 01:32:32 PM by kbshcb »

Phyl

« Reply #8488 on: August 26, 2023, 01:33:02 PM »

CLynn- Harley is handsome; love the 'hippy cat' , great Caturdays---'Every breath you take..." ; send Ed on a two week visit to a sibling  ;) I'm shocked your 'lift/ hatch back' is still unrepaired. Hope the garage gets to it Monday.

Tsk- cute Caturday; thanks for the Monarch Report

Tig- LOL Camper caught in 'the act'  :)

Karen- here's to rain

Lisa- cute Caturday  w/ sleep mask---I have cats on mine sleep mask( gray silk with black cats embroidered)

T40- cats and BEs are a sticky wicket; Jurassic Kitty is primo!, Kitten on ice, cat watch horror movie--I have this, the movie is 'Psycho' 1960  Leigh is tiptoeing in the attic and sees 'the old lady' in rocker and turns it for better view---a macbre one at that-screans! That's when kitty runs  ;); Jim loved piece on air traffic.Thks

Lani- your Caturday "feel the magic'---LOL

Puff- ohhhhhh RIP Bob Barker, the great game show host!

KB- care not to over do

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8489 on: August 26, 2023, 01:33:53 PM »

Bob the Cat aka Street Cat Bob   :-* :-* :-*
Legendary London street-cat & soul-mate. Subject of books, two movies and an animated children's series.
Immortalized in a statue on Islington Green.

:-* :-* :-*

Fan artwork by unknown artist

Sauces bald eagle cam