Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 737879 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6915 on: July 11, 2023, 12:48:22 AM »

bounce
Good night BL...
OG .. I got 7 incorrect. Not quite old ENUF am I

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6916 on: July 11, 2023, 12:59:35 AM »

{{{Tig}}} take care

Lisa, I hope you enjoyed your time at the salon  :)

Clynn, you're so lucky to have Erin's tech help... awww love the geese  ;D

Oldguy, thanks for the 15th Anniversary link and update on the latest eruption... I enjoyed the Down Memory Lane video.

Tsk, The Tech Cafe for Seniors sounds like it was a lot of fun too! I bet the teens enjoyed it too!  What a great idea... something to think here too  :)

Puff, glad to hear you're doing okay

SED Baz, love your good night goose

SED Karen and Piper  :-*

Eagles, prayers your sister has a peaceful night's rest from surgery.

BL, cool story of Midnight Mandy  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's mom and sister, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Sister and Mom, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Misty and her kittens, Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #6917 on: July 11, 2023, 03:24:56 AM »

Take nothing but minds eye memories
Leave nothing but boot prints
Pick up some other fools debris on the way out too

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 03:27:02 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #6918 on: July 11, 2023, 03:55:31 AM »

Jumbo lived for nights like these and loved the music so much his rental car backed down where no vehicles had ever gone before.

The appropriate respectful outdoor music spewed like an outdoor melody from that trunk that night.

There are so many stories of that Grand AM rental out of NH.

I'm crooked nosed windshield here to tell you a Moose took us out that foggy night, both sober and buckled doing posted. 

. Jumbo's right arm straight out over my chest .

This ones going to hoof hurt  ___ the last thing I remember hearing

next thing I remember Jumbo bloody and broken doing after he checked on me was do the right thing by that moose.

I type

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 04:45:03 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6919 on: July 11, 2023, 06:16:43 AM »

Currently   F . Gonna be a hot one with  High 90F sunny, Low 65F  clear.

{{{Puff}}} 🙏 's  So glad you had a good day yesterday. Here's to another. Maggie sends purrs.

E4E  many thanks for update on your Sis. Hope she had a restful night. Hope you, your Mom have a nice visit today.

Karen Maggie says thanks for the extra pets. Hope all's well w/you.

OG  the quiz- about Two Hours"  did it in an hour with  beacg

BL nice memories

I think I'm caught up  now, I hope.   
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 03:36:56 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6920 on: July 11, 2023, 06:21:39 AM »

We report that there is a 3rd clutch for the 2023 Nesting Season!   

We are now looking at possibles  CR-56, 57, 58 , 59,and 60.

Photo was snapped at 4:03 pm on July 11, 2023                                                                                           

I am guessing that they've only been laid about 4 days based on the activity at and around Nesting Box #1.
However, I'll just check with Jim on  what he thinks.
And, let y'all know.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6921 on: July 11, 2023, 06:50:47 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

BL, love how you weave your stories, even though I don't understand parts ... Did your campsite get attacked by a moose after Midnight Mandy sauntered by in peace? Love what you say the bear taught you...  I recognized Jumbo in the picture! A whole lot of beer! And I am sure lots of very good music!

Lani, yes, I am very lucky to have Erin to help me with technology!  Our generation missed out, and what we have learned is mostly from trial and error. Much frustration when something goes wrong...

oldguy, I am halfway through the Baby Boomer quiz, have missed 2 so far.  :o

E4E, yes, Canadian geese. There are lots of them that stay here all year and this time of year we wait as they wander from one body of water to another. They don't fly in the summer while they are molting and have their young to take care of.  So they walk in gangs everywhere! You can see some youngsters in the gang.  ;D Hope your sis had a good night's rest!

Phyl, Honey sounds like Maggie, 'a skeleton wearing a fur coat with an oinker appetite' although Honey is not doing much but sleeping and watching out the window. I am afraid she may leave while I am gone to Mom's next week... I hope not.  :'(   Beautiful pic of those lovely bluebird eggs! 3rd clutch, wow!

tsk, what a wonderful idea, the Technology Cafe! My Mom would go, she says she needs me to help her with the iPad when we are there next week...I hope it's something simple or I will have to call Erin.

Puff, hope you have another good day today. And tomorrow. And all the days forward!

Boulder County

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6922 on: July 11, 2023, 06:57:41 AM »

bounce

Boo Birds! Yay

BL... we were luckier 4 sure way back when. Friend and I in a tiny pickup down the north road at dawn enroute to Duluth for him to grab da bus back up to Grandma's marathon start. Around the bend stands moose in middle of road twice as tall as da pickup. Coulda been bad. Was a stare down, lump in throat. All went on their way in the mist.

HAGD all
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6923 on: July 11, 2023, 07:20:59 AM »

GOOD MORNING

73 high 84 and dew point 63  Mostly sunny

PHYL  Violet breasted roller is like a "rainbow bird"  ;D   Third clutch of BB's      rare??   Sounds like Maggie is surviving on an enormous amt of love.

OLDGUY  will save Boomer Quiz for mid morning  LOL  Gotta run now.

BL  You know how to handle yourself from what I glean is yrs of experience in Mother Nature  ;)

Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #6924 on: July 11, 2023, 07:27:52 AM »

Oh my, the only thing I have ever met in the road was a flying wheelbarrow, on 1 10, over Mobile Bay!
Temp currently 75, going to 95!  Humidity is 96%. Rain expected tonight!  Wet outside now.
Clynn, sorry to hear Honey is not doing well!  Prayers for her and you!
Piper going for a rabies shot and exam today!   New vet.   She will not wear a harness and I do not have a collar to fit her!  Ugh!  May go early and stop at a pet store near here and try to get one!   She might not like that either.
Computers are a mystery to me but sure are the way of life!  Businesses do not like to talk to you anymore! 

Hopefully all beakers and loved ones are good today and will have a great day!

LisaG1967

« Reply #6925 on: July 11, 2023, 07:50:19 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Morning tig and all   :)

tsk - Cute morning greeting.  Sounds like you will have some nice weather today.

clynn - Loved your pic of the geese crossing.  Yes, fresh hair trim - feels so good. Prehistoric Googling  ;D  ((Honey))

baz - "What if I'm not silly enough"  ;D

Phyl - Beautiful Violet Breasted Roller.  B & M said, thanks for the pets. Great pic of your 3rd clutch. 

karen - I love bright colored flowers, too. 

E4E - Praying all is OK with your sis. 

oldguy - Thanks for the Babyboomer Quiz.  I knew some of, but missed alot, too.

BL - Great memories!

Lani - Had a nice visit at the salon.   :)

kbshcb

« Reply #6926 on: July 11, 2023, 07:57:08 AM »

Happy Tuesday....

ugg, our potential for rainfall once again turned into a nada..so...watering, walking Ollie too as it's cooler today.

Picked up Jeep just now and whew, what a different ride with new front brakes and rotors and tire rotation
For an old gal, she sure does ride spiffy now....and safe me thinks....but spendy of course...

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6927 on: July 11, 2023, 09:13:39 AM »

Currently 53 - warming to 73

Phyl - Glad that Maggie is doing well - gentle pat for Maggie :)   Cute morning gif.   Beautiful nest of eggs  ;D

Oldguy - I will go back to take that fun quiz!

Puff - Thinking of you and hoping you are not in a lot of discomfort. {{Puff}}

Tig - Too close for comfort - glad all were safe - thanks for sharing your story  :o ::)

Lani - Thank you, I too, hope my sis got some rest during the night.

Hi Baz!

Clynn - Beautiful pic @ Boulder County nest  :)   Prehistoric googling  ;D   Thanks for the clarification; love the geese!!  Prayers for Honey. :-*

Tsk - Sounds like a busy day - enjoy  :)

Karen - Oh my- a wheelbarrow! :o ::)   Good luck in getting a collar for Piper this morning - try to get a lightweight/soft canvas type, so that it won't be heavy on her  in case she is not used to wearing a collar  :)   Hope all goes well! :)

LisaG - Has Jeff said if you can take his laptop on your trip to ATF? ;)

Kb - Nice you and Ollie already walked this morning!  Good to know you have new brakes, rotors, rotation  :)

Beakers have a nice day.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6928 on: July 11, 2023, 11:14:27 AM »

7/11
A trio of good things
It's weigh Day
Manaaki is 172 days old and weighed 11 kg. Mum L arrives to excited yaps and a skycall from the neighbor, and also some wings for good measure. Keep an eye on his left foot.
Thank you Rangers and Mum.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1678752913437634560

7/10
It's a good day when one parent arrives with a meal but how about both parents.
Mum with brunch and Dad with afternoon tea, thanks Mum and Dad.     https://twitter.com/i/status/1678373202119233537
Have a good week everyone!     

A good comparison of Manaaki's feathers and Dad  :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All

Eagles, Looking forward to hearing how your sister is today. Thinking of your mom and you.  :) :-*

Kb, cute morning pic... glad you and Ollie were able to get out for morning walk and jeep is working.
Lisa, Tsk  :)

Karen, oh my a flying wheel barrel on a busy freeway! So glad your car wasn't hit.... I hope vet appt goes well for Piper. Maybe he can help you with suggestions of a collar for Piper. Maybe a lightweight one may be comfortable for her. Have a good day.  :)

{{{Clynn and Honey}}} I'm so sorry and sending a prayer for Honey, and for you, ED and Kelsey. I imagine Harley is feeling the changes in Honey too. 🙏🏼 :'(
Beautiful osprey family... I have a library box/drawer that belonged to Mike's granddad. It's my recipe box now.

Tig, goodness, glad you all were okay, thanks for sharing.

Phyl, beautiful BB eggs, you're home must be surrounded with Bluebirds and their songs.... {{{Maggie}}}....

BL Thanks for sharing  :)

Oldguy, still working on quiz, I missed two so far.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6929 on: July 11, 2023, 12:41:41 PM »

Gotta run again - Will catch up later.  Busy day  OLDGUY  I'm up to 32 and have 7 wrong already  LOL
Chicagoland