Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 721343 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6930 on: July 11, 2023, 12:48:54 PM »

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update.  Manaaki is beautiful, and getting big!  How is Aly doing?

E4E - Pretty morning pic. I am pretty sure Jeff is gonna let me take his laptop.  Hoping all is ok with your sis. 

kb - New brakes on a car always feels a lil different to me on that first braking.  ;D

tsk - Have a good day!

kbshcb

« Reply #6931 on: July 11, 2023, 01:07:38 PM »

Lisa - yep....my accelerator is much stronger than most would expect so I always tell someone driving my Jeep, when hitting the gas to be aware "she" will take off on ya! She has a very powerful engine..and it's unexpected.

Hitting my new brakes now feels like I'd have to tell someone you might stop on a dime so brake slowly, LOL

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6932 on: July 11, 2023, 03:13:18 PM »

OLDGUY   You should feel good now - I got 13 wrong!!! It could have been worse - made some tremendous guesses  LOL

KAREN  How did Piper do at the vet?  Did you find a collar that fit and is tolerated  ::)

KB    Poured while at Bible study - Yay - don't have to water the pots today - Brief but don't think more than a couple tenths.  Glad you got those brakes done!  It always feels so tight when you first press on the brake. :o

EAGLES  Nice AM pic.   Sis doing OK?  Can Mom manage when you sister isn't there? or is Mom staying with you?

LANI   the Royals:  " Mum with brunch and Dad with afternoon tea"  LOL  Cute photo  ;D   Love the idea of your "antique" library recipe box  ;)
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6933 on: July 11, 2023, 03:47:56 PM »

{{{CLynn}}} oh I sure hope {{{Honey}}} waits for your return.  Wishing you  and Kelsey and wonderful time with your Mom and aunties. Tks.
Boulder County nest looks good

{{{Puff}}}

Hi Tig exciting story to share. All's well that ends well.  ;)

Tsk  what a cheery greeting this am; that african roller looks like a rainbow bird for sure.  Loosing Maggie is really going to be painful for me. Wish there was a
'Tech Cafe ' of sorts here. From what I've read 3rd clutches aren't common. But do occur---for our Easterns at our house---quite common.

Karen best wishes for Piper and good report from vet. Wouldn't fret too much if you have her in a carrier. IMHO
 Be safe on the freeway---close calls  yikes!

Lisa pretty flowers this AM;  surely Jeff will share his laptop w/you.  :) 

KB adore that tiger cub this AM;  Jeep all fixed and ready to hit the road.  Good as new breaks make one feel secure-not too over confident.

E4E pretty happy daisies this AM;  hoping all's well w/your sis; in her  absence, wondering,  will your mom be w/ you?

Lani we do have bluebirds flittering and fluttering constantly---year 'round.  Tks for  Royal A. update ---plenty of chow today.  ;) 
Looks like Manaaki will have same markings, great photo of them.  Hoping Aly is doing well.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #6934 on: July 11, 2023, 03:48:54 PM »

Early this AM, Peeked in on found 'Snowball'  on it's own in Black Eagles of Roodekrans nest.
Jul 11, 2023 6:26 AM
Camera Time: Jul 11, 2023 1:25 PM SAST
Birchwoman

#Istandwith Evan

LisaG1967

« Reply #6935 on: July 11, 2023, 03:53:19 PM »

Phyl - Thanks for the pic of Snowball. Thanks, I have been finding pretty flowers on Pinterest.  It's funny you search for one thing, and then it is in your feed for days!

tsk - How are you making out with PT?  All going ok?

kb - Yes, all you need to do is tap the brakes and you stop, or at least that is how I feel when I get new brakes.  If any harder, you might get whiplash.  ;D

karengramke

« Reply #6936 on: July 11, 2023, 03:57:41 PM »

Tsk, she did ok at the vet!  Wore herself out as she came in the house and collapsed !  Shehad a nail trim which she did not like, a rabies shot (she did not flinch), anal glands exoressrd, chest listened to and antibiotics prescribed.   My vet who doesnt practice but does other related animal things recommended a martingale collar since she was slipping the harness.   Her head is chihuahua size and her body is pug size, so she backed out of tgem! She now has the collar in red!  Didnt want yo let hjh worker take if off and seemed to walk well on the leash!  The leash is onebI had that is red on one side and red, gold and black on the other!
I had a message on my i pad that you had a thunderstorm warning!  No rain here so far!
Lani, I saw you were asked how Aly was doing and I would also like to know!  New job, new home, new people!  A lot of getting used to but she seems to have bosses that are good folks!
Kb must have a v8 engine!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 04:42:17 PM by karengramke »

kbshcb

« Reply #6937 on: July 11, 2023, 05:08:47 PM »

Yep at least a 4.7 L V8 engine and I can't recall but it might have something super duper on it?...making it more than 4.7?....It's too old for me to recall....LOL.

I think I named her Nellie? a year ago....I can't recall that either.....

Watching the old move The China Syndrome now....with Jack Lemon for one..was good, still is...

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6938 on: July 11, 2023, 05:35:57 PM »

LisaG - I figured that Jeff would more than likely lend you his laptop. ;D

Lani - cute Manaaki and Dad - cute little soft feathers  :)   Wow, what a special keepsake from Mike's Granddad and such a nice way to keep your recipes! :)

Kb - Sounds as if your Jeep is running as good as new - and lots of power under the hood! :)

Phyl - Liked the pic at Roodekrans nest!

Karen - That's great that Piper did so well at the Vet's!  Sounds like you got her the best collar & leash for her! ;D

Several of you have asked about my sis and I am happy to say that she was able to go home today!  I picked up my Mom this morning @ 9:30 and we arrived over to the hospital in time to meet and talk to her Doctor!  He released her and we got her home before noon.
A couple of you asked if my Mom stayed with me last night, but no, she wanted to stay at her place.  She was fine.
After, my sis got comfortable in bed back at their Apt., I went to the Pharmacy to pick up medication for my sis and also went to the grocery store for a couple of things they needed.
So far, all seems to be fine.  Thank you Beakers for your concern, thoughts & prayers. :-* :)

karengramke

« Reply #6939 on: July 11, 2023, 06:00:05 PM »

Good News Eagles!  Thanks for the report!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6940 on: July 11, 2023, 06:09:24 PM »

CLYNN  Will be hard to leave this weekend.  Maybe Honey will hang on.. :( :-*

PHYL  Those black eagle nests are some engineering feat!

LISA   PT Good  Cut myself to 1x/week - She's knows I will be faithful to my exercises and agreed.

KAREN   Good job for Piper at the vet and likes to leash walk.  Very well coordinated as well  LOL     I checked my gauge this afternoon and had no idea how much rain we had but it was 1/10th shy of an inch!!  YAY  I don't have to water pots tonight.  LOL

EAGLES  Thanks for the positive report today today for Sis.  Tomorrow will be even better  :D
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #6941 on: July 11, 2023, 07:04:22 PM »

Karen good visit at vet's/meds; even better with collar and leash. Yeah, Piper!

{{{CLynn}}} we're all praying for Honey and that she's ready to greet you upon your  safe return.  I'll pray a 'special' prayer and light a candle to St. Francis.

LOL  When I leave for  any reason, I always tell Maggie as I stroke her cheeks/chin " I love the peawadden out of you. God willing I'll be back. Keep safe."
I know, I know---silly.   :-[

{{{Lisa}}} Indeed. That's the Pinterest trap. The folks there think if you like something once. You'll like it forever. LOL

E4E great news for your Sis  and Mom, too.    ;)  Tks for  the 'positive'  updates.

Tsk love that nest as much as Two Harbors/Sauces;  what did you ladies study today?

KB  if my memory serves---you did name your Jeep 'Nellie'. Don't V8 engines have an irregular firing that make them kind of  have a 'pulsing' sound. Or am I thinking only of autos?   :-\

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #6942 on: July 11, 2023, 07:08:25 PM »

Wishing everyone a ... .     

and SEDs

#Istandwith Evan

karengramke

« Reply #6943 on: July 11, 2023, 08:07:13 PM »

Tsk!  Good you have once week!  My pt is over.  They think I am done.  If I regress I can call and they will get me to the point I am now!  Have to get myself in gear.  Still wobbly off the walker,
Seds beakers

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6944 on: July 11, 2023, 08:14:32 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers! I enjoyed all your posts.  :D

I'm keeping it short - I've been dealing with a chronic condition flare-up the last few days. It will get better... any time now would be nice, LOL.  ::)  Meanwhile, since I'm not doing much, I have time to enjoy watching Wimbledon tennis! Yay!  ;D

Have a good night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center