Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 738204 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6900 on: July 10, 2023, 01:29:35 PM »

Clynn - I'm confused by your statement to me....I don't have a mouse....only as a trial back up for a laptop trackpad issue.....
Were you just confused?

oldguy

« Reply #6901 on: July 10, 2023, 01:37:34 PM »

The eruption has started today in Iceland...
New Volcanic Eruption started northwest of Litli Hrutur, Iceland! The exact location.   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFmsffh2Ues
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6902 on: July 10, 2023, 01:48:27 PM »

kb, I misunderstood. So sorry.
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6903 on: July 10, 2023, 02:47:46 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

After Clynn's geese crossed that road, one of the more introspective among them stopped at the bench and posed this thought:

Back to Wimbledon...matches are almost done for the day.

Good night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6904 on: July 10, 2023, 05:30:19 PM »

CLYNN   Funny you should mention your son helping.  I'm in a group - long story but today we sponsored a "Techolnogy Cafe" for seniors.  We wrangled 13 GREAT teens who we set up and we had 27 visitors who had nothing but ++++'s to report!!  One lady wanted to take her helper home.  I think we are now locked in to a couple of these a year  LOL    Were those turkeys??  :o  Wait Bazi said Geese..

OLDGUY  Thanks for the link = 15 years is a long time.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6905 on: July 10, 2023, 06:13:15 PM »

Have a good night, Beakers!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6906 on: July 10, 2023, 07:50:51 PM »

A pretty Violet Breasted Roller  from The Naledi Cat-EYE cam, Olifants West Game Reserve, South Africa
Jul 1, 2023 1:34 AM
Camera Time: Jul 1, 2023 8:34 AM SAST
 Taken by NDL1847

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #6907 on: July 10, 2023, 07:51:09 PM »

Tsk your temps aren't too different from mine; LOL Woodstock. Pets to Lulu

CLynn
Maggie is doing well. A skeleton wearing a fur coat with a oinker appitite, bright-eyed and still full of life and joy. I'm thinking of having a who'd be a wonderful character  die. And, in doing so,  break the heart of the other who loved him.   ;)   I originally was going for more a perfect, cute happy 'ending'. Lots of daisies this AM. Tks for ospreys photo. Odd you should post that cake graphic/question---I made a sheet cake, Devils Food w/ fluffy white frosting.   LOL geese crossing  ;Kisses to Honey

KB like you I fixed my PC issue on my own and cancelled Geek Sqd appt;  so glad Iner come out and will get you taken care of. One less thing on your 'plate'. GL with breaks

Hi Lori I should print that post of yours out for reference

Hi Karen/Bazi pats to Piper and Zippo

{{{Puff}}} I truly think of you every day.

Hi there Tig hope you're still improving

OG
  Congrats on cards;  :o  that cuppa Starbucks---I luv coffee---But?  ; Always enjoy funny videos; will peek at Iceland later tonight

Lani tks for Bear  STudy luv the photos. Always enjoy Lucky, Holly, Tasha , bently and the woodchuckl and others. Tks Dr Rogers for all you do.; pets to Milo and Norman and Ms Sadie

Lisa cherry fleurs this AM, I making the pet petting rounds---Bandit and Misty too.

Pets to all the other Beakroom dogs and kitties  :-*

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #6908 on: July 10, 2023, 07:53:20 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

🙏 's 

#Istandwith Evan

Puff

« Reply #6909 on: July 10, 2023, 08:37:13 PM »

And, whenever we meet up PHYL  I have oooodles of hugs saved up to give you for all your good wishes and kind thoughts.  Doing OK today.  :D

P

« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 08:49:31 PM by Puff »

karengramke

« Reply #6910 on: July 10, 2023, 08:41:39 PM »

Good evening all!  Temps peaked at @83 today!  Humidity in the z80s today!  Kind of puts a damper on things!  Lol! Love the daisies this am and the brightly colored flowers  8) Lisa! The daisies are singing he loves me, he loves me not!  ;D

Tsk. Love your groups clever cafe for seniors!  Helpful and. Fun!   Good for the teens as well!

Clynn, love the geese!  On the road at the crosswalk and in te cartoon,  had a small flock fly over the house today! 

E4E, how did your sister do?

Hope all stayed cool today!  May we all be as successful as og in the weekend card games.
Pets to pets and a good night to all!  Good for you Puff! You
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 08:44:53 PM by karengramke »

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6911 on: July 10, 2023, 09:28:05 PM »

Oldguy - Wow - very good night at cards last Saturday!!

Lani - Love the pic of cute Bentley!!  Great pic of Lucky too! OMG - stay inside with warm temps like that!! ;)

Tig - Take care and now I understand the sprinkling  :) ;D

Clynn - Better keep the AC on!

LisaG - Glad for the rain you got! 

Baz - Wimbledon! ;D ;D

Phyl - Wow, I've never seen such a beautiful bird out of south Africa - thank you for posting.

Puff - Glad you mentioned you are doing okay. :)

Clynn - Were those geese crossing the road or Turkey's - anyway, cute picture!!!

My sister's surgery for her Thyroid was later today than was scheduled, but I called over to the hospital about an hour ago, and they said she is in recovery and has not been taken to a room yet.  I will pick my Mom up tomorrow morning at 9:30 and head over to the hospital to see her.  I will let you know how she is doing after we visit with her.  Thank you Beakers for your prayers and concern.

Beakers have a good night and sleep well. :)

oldguy

« Reply #6912 on: July 10, 2023, 10:54:59 PM »

A close up look at the latest eruption in Iceland... (4 hours after start)
Volcanic eruption at Litlihrutur, Iceland. First moments   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arUI03tFybQ
All lava running south with massive spillovers   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHVgYlSg2kw

A test for the Baby Boomers - I missed a lot, someone in their late 70's to early 80s would likely do better for many of the questions...
Take A Trip Down Memory Lane With This Baby Boomers Quiz!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2i4fJhZOvw
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 11:30:40 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6913 on: July 10, 2023, 11:39:01 PM »

A pretty Violet Breasted Roller  from The Naledi Cat-EYE cam, Olifants West Game Reserve, South Africa
Jul 1, 2023 1:34 AM
Camera Time: Jul 1, 2023 8:34 AM SAST
 Taken by NDL1847

Beautiful capture!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #6914 on: July 11, 2023, 12:39:42 AM »

Many many moons ago I sat at this very shore at this very shelter.

So many moons ago my dearly beloved SIL just gave back to me my BL time machine decoder ring.  ;)

I now know my SIL took this picture just after 1 am on a Monday night. 
More on that later.   M n M.    :-*

It was one of those not really happy camper type days you see.
One of those holly nasty storming all afternoon hence the tarps type of days.

So as the 'nasty ones' in the afternoon here abouts tend to dew in the evening they lend themselves to spectacular midnights.   8)

The forest around this little ice age pot hole comes to life at dusk like no other place on earth I've ever experienced.

So about 10 minutes after this camera flashed above my left shoulder.

My retinas are still adjusting .. still adjusting back to campfire eyes and severe clear overhead.

Just over my Right shoulder a whiff, a musty weekend smell, something that sounds like human footfall ..
Beak are you screwing with me? 
Nope comes from inside the 2 dome tents in the shelter right behind me from the other 3 humans present.
hmm. 

The very cool local Black Bear matriarch known as Midnight Mandy sauntered about 8 feet just off my starboard elbow in the pic.
.. drank at the 'dock' and slipped into the pond without a thought huffing with glee.   :) 

I looked away just like I was another cheap folding camp chair, but I did glance at her big black eye as I'm not suppose to do.

I think the vibe back from her was as long as you leave my house as clean as yours we're all good.   

Ever since her I walk around every and any campground that would have me on Monday dusk's with a huge garbage bag.

Years ago a lot to pick up ..

Now I come back to my site smiling with just another empty bag. 2023.

A 300 lb VT sow winked at me once in 1993  _ I hold up my end of the bargain.  :-*

https://www.vtstateparks.com/assets/pdf/halfmoon.pdf
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 02:16:37 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.