Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 578434 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6585 on: June 30, 2023, 05:58:04 PM »

Bounce

Thanx Baz... Very occasionally when I have overdone, I take 1 Naproxen. It is a strong anti-inflammatory.

If you have been a fan of the Indi movies all these years you will appreciate this movie. Lots of throwbacks. Look at the top shelf photo in opening scene. And wait until the last scene to grab a tissue, and then smile. No bonus scene after credits.
Ok. Time to have Brussels sprouts and ejote app.
TTFN
Oh... and the berries I froze were actually two and a half cups! Woo hoo hoo hoo
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 06:07:02 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6586 on: June 30, 2023, 06:24:08 PM »

TIG    LOL  You had to sing during your shots  LOLOL  I did love the "surprise ending" of Indiana Jones

LISA   Indiana Jones - See one see them all.  1 hour too long for me and so loud it was hard to understand their dialogue.  Maybe I'm getting too old  ::) ::)    Agree with TIG   - lots of throwbacks to previous episodes.  What a wonderful end to the story of Misty's kitties - all to good homes  :)  Love Lizzie's big ears..

PHYL   The mechanism took them back in time to "Archimedes who created it". No mention of him in your data. :o  Literary license I think. ;)
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #6587 on: June 30, 2023, 06:49:54 PM »

Tig and Tsk!  Will skil the movie as I have missed all the previous ones!  Or, I could see this one and catch up! Like Tsk, If things get too loud, I cannot understand it!  I have  friend ho shouts over the phone if I ask her to repeat t something and I cannot make her understand that it makes it worse.

Lani, any word from the movers?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 07:31:58 PM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #6588 on: June 30, 2023, 06:55:35 PM »

Baz -  Yep, I sure have been telling Misty that all her babies have gone to loving homes.  Thanks for saying we are superstar kitty caretakers. 😁

Karen - Believe me, I have asked Bradley 100 times today, are you sure you want to do this and he said yes.  What he doesn’t know is if he can’t handle it, I will take Lizzie.  I’m not telling him that tho.

Tig and tsk - Thanks for the review on Indiana Jones.

Tsk - Lol, Lizzie does have big ears.  Oh, and Jeff’s friend who adopted Angus has changed his name to George. 😀

karengramke

« Reply #6589 on: June 30, 2023, 07:36:47 PM »

Lol on the name change!   That is the only name I did not like!  Would have settled for Gus but George is good!  Not mine to name!  Lol

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6590 on: June 30, 2023, 08:26:07 PM »

CLynn pretty posies; 'The Long, Long TRailer' is one of my classics faves Relieved to read  Ed's niece still hAs her chicken cxoop and bee hive. What a mess that was.
Adorb photo from Decorah Chatter 2011--I remember when that was  re posted

Lisa amazing Misty's kittens are all adopted by family membners or Beakers.  I think all kittens grow into their ears and legs. I know all mine did /have

Tsk I son't know what happend wiith PC. But, it's gonna have to be fixed. I'm at a loss.  On the Indianna Jones franchise films...literary license I guarrantee. As the article says the The Antikythera Mechanism is the inspiration for the dial in the film.
I own all the film's DVDs. Will likely own the one when released. I"m dissappointed that the franchise wont end with IJ.s son taking over the quest and the previous film hinted, etc.

Hi E4E

Hi Bazi

{{{Lani}}}
tks for  HellgateOsprey

Tign how'd the appt go?

Lori nice tgoodies for Peeps.

Lisa Lizzie reminds me of Maggie at that age.   I applaud the name change from Angus to George. If he'd been mine I'd change to 'Henry'

Tsk if you're interested in more on Archimedes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes  [C49D692DDB9D803991193&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=[/url]

BL thanks

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6591 on: June 30, 2023, 08:33:04 PM »

Peeps...

Many happy returns to last the year ahead.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6592 on: June 30, 2023, 08:34:00 PM »

Gonna wish everyone a 'Good Night' with lots of SEDs.
Until tomorrow...

#IstandwithEvan

oldguy

« Reply #6593 on: June 30, 2023, 09:58:57 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

Lisa - so glad that the 7 all have new homes within a week of leaving their Mom.
Phyl said I applaud the name change from Angus to George. If he'd been mine I'd change to 'Henry'
My Dad's name was George Henry -  ;)

We were on the norhern edge of that bid storm - got about .2 inch - was talking to our new 3rd asst. store manager when the rain started.  He was a dept. manager at the Marion store and working when the Derecho went thru a couple of years ago, said he would rather go thru a tornado than another Derecho.

We got another 1/4 inch of rain today, forecast to get about 1 inch tomorrow.

Puff - sorry to hear of your medical trip, but glad that you are back home and getting better.

Tonights videos...

Adorable Chickadee Discovers the Nest Camera   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKj13WGc8Nc

Penny the cat accuses Betty of being a spy!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_rxIlOqRF4

Cats are unresponsive to my coming home   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC9DOePlUt4

Wed. was the 500th song for the Q Kids.
Quarantine Kids play "A Day in the Life"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToXuMGYsALM
Quarantine Kids play "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-pAfiptXyU

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6594 on: June 30, 2023, 10:05:13 PM »

((Puff)), I hope you are resting well, and feeling better each day.

Tig, glad you don't have to take naproxen often, and I hope your injections will help. I am well versed on naproxen, no thanks to having undifferentiated connective tissue disease.  I no longer take any regular meds for it, due to side effects (ulcer), and only use them very sparingly in very short stints for acute flares.  Feel better soon!

Lisa, Angus will always be Angus in my heart.  :-*  And...  Angus, by any other name, will be just as sweet.  :)  :-* :-*  I'm so glad he's in a good and loving home... as are all the kitties now. Hugs.

Karen, I'm glad Piper is getting along well, and you get to share company and love with a sweet pup... hopefully a house-trained one in the not-too-distant future, too.  ;) :D

Tsk, it's so aggravating when the movie audio is so loud that it distorts the dialogue. Ugh. But I wouldn't mind enjoying the theatre's A/C on a very hot day.  ;) :D

E4E, your hot dogs sounded yummy!  :)

Oldguy, Happy Friday backatcha!  :)  LOLOL on the "muahahahah!"  ;D

Have a good evening, Beakers. Peace. SED.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6595 on: June 30, 2023, 10:25:38 PM »

Tsk - You would go for a girl's weekend in Kansas city, driving almost 8 hrs 'doable'!!  I would love to, but I don't drive distances like that anymore (not that you asked, just mentioning)  :-[

Weasel - What a fabulous vacation you had!!!! ;D

Tig - We love McDonald's!  When our son was serving with the USMC, he would say that when he came home on leave, the first place he wanted to get food was McDonald's!!   They also have a 'Value Menu' that is very good!
Wow- A movie, fresh fruit out of your own garden, and mexican food - it doesn't get any better!!! ;D ;D

Tsk - Did you see Indiana Jones?!  I want to see it too - bet it was really good?!

LisaG - Thank you so much for the update on kittens!!  Lizzie is such a darling cutie!!  It looks like all were adopted into good loving homes!!  I'm so happy for that.  I know you are still missing all of them.   I know it must be rough because you loved each and everyone of them.  You & Jeff were the best fostering parents ever!! 
Nice to see that Misty and Bandit are starting to bond! :)   BTW, Lizzie's ears are cute!! :-* :-*

Baz - So cute how Lani & Mike will be singing 'Kansas City' (here I come) ! :)  I love that song!

Karen - House training is not easy - it takes time, but with persistence, it will pay off!

Phyl - Bummer your PC needs fixing.  When we have had a similar situation, we saved all on a thumb drive and then deleted everything and started from scratch as if the PC were new.  Its a process, but because we did it ourselves, it didn't cost any thing.

Oldguy - Interesting point you make with the names!  I would vote for the name to be George Henry!  ;D

Lani - Do you guys have any plans for the weekend?

Happy Birthday Peep

BrokenLug

« Reply #6596 on: June 30, 2023, 11:01:47 PM »

Speaking of the big screen, there is one right before us ..

A real old school 8' round yellow fun island with 6 onboard "sets sail" from the lake shore for the sunset cruise .. 
Hand paddled on the rotating disk .. oy'.
Now I'll never reveal if a 2 Cycle blender was involved prior. 

So all passengers are on the water in swimwear on fun island.

One wearing a very snappy white with bright red roses one piece.

Humming Birds descended on the inflatable in the middle of the lake.

Some of the 'crew' fell overboard laughing so hard there was some extra water in the lake.

As a native VTr she freaked shortly and we all laughed so hard _ good shit, never seen that one before.    8)

I recognized immediately they were not huge bumble bees 'assaulting" us for a unknown nectar reason in the middle of the lake.

But I too was laughing so hard I couldn't formulate the words humming birds. 

No humans or hummers were harmed during this fun island encounter I assure you.

Needless to say the 2 cycle blender is still going because the weather right here right now sucks so bad.    :P

The weather hand off from J to J here just as good as it gets  :)

now low campfire is here

« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 02:39:44 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6597 on: June 30, 2023, 11:05:53 PM »

Caught a pretty one   today...

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Camera Time: Jun 30, 2023 6:32 AM CDT

pretty  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6598 on: June 30, 2023, 11:06:23 PM »

Happy Friday all....out the door with Ollie man soon....

Nice to see you Weasel

Kb, sweet  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6599 on: July 01, 2023, 01:08:10 AM »

Clynn, yep, we watched the herons cam along with 7birder. OMG! Remember feeding time. I was surprised mom never got a beak in her eye! He loved taking pics of Sand Cranes and Herons.... sorry, we won't be moving to KC, no big cities for us. But, you'll be one of the first to know what we decide to do.  :-* ... we have airlift insurance too.... terrible tree damage... glad
Ed's niece is okay, and her chicken and bees... sweet pics of DH2 and parent.

Lisa, yes, my help came yesterday. Now that trees, dead branches are gone. I can get to the leaves and pine needles much easier. ... just read your post about the 3 kittens. awww sweet Lizzie with those big eyes will give her new brother Stewie a new lease on life.... George is a great name, though I'm a fan of Angus.  ;D, but poor Raven will be in alone till Monday. So glad for you all, they will be in loving homes!  :-* You, Jeff and Misty did a great job! And I'm sure Bandit provided assistance too.  ;D

{{{Tsk }}} ;D

Weasel, you're so right, Maine blueberries are delicious! I've had them several years ago.

Karen, hugs and thank you for invitation  :-* ... did you order puppy piddle pads? I keep them handy for Sadie. I'm sure the home changes have been hard on Piper. Bless her. Hugs to you both.

{{{Tig}}} yum, fresh berries. I should have froze a batch I bought, they didn't last in the refrig very long. Take care.

Lori, wonderful birthday posts for Peep. I hope you, Destini, and family are well.

{{{Baz}}} As much as we loved and have many happy memories in KC, I don't want to live there  ;D We can't go back to Salina either. Mike and I can't agree where yet....  the storms must have been terrible. Like you, I'm so glad Beakers and their families are safe... love your good night!  :)

Thanks BL and Baz, for weather info. They say monsoon season has started in Arizona, but we haven't had a cloud, nor had any humidity yet.

Phyl, I had a tabby named Henry. I loved that cat! Neighbors got a kick, when I would put my head out the door or window and call his name! Henry!!! I hope when I go to the rainbow bridge, I'll call his name and he'll come running again. :-*

Oldguy, love the minion! I like the name George Henry.  ;D Thanks for links and videos.  :)

Aly received good news today!  :)
The moving company called, they are on their way and will arrive anywhere from 1-4 days. They want a check for the rest of the payment before they take her things off the truck.
Also, if they have to bring the items into the home there will be a charge per foot step…. Aly said, if they charge her extra for that, with permission from the apartment management, she will have them leave her things in the parking lot. And she bring them in herself. But, at least they are coming! Talons crossed!  Thank you all for your TLC, pms and suggestions.

Good night!

Peep, I hope you had a lovely birthday   :-*

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Misty and her kittens, Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.