Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1009416 times)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5865 on: June 10, 2023, 03:20:58 PM »

For Clynn's little kitty Honey...
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #5866 on: June 10, 2023, 03:25:46 PM »

Posting pic for  
"A little clearer picture of Mama Finch.  Taken Thursday.  No change today.  Am beginning to think the eggs are not fertile."

« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 04:20:42 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

karengramke

« Reply #5867 on: June 10, 2023, 03:44:19 PM »

Lori, thanks.  Clynn already posted so you can delete!    Nice messGe for Honey,

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5868 on: June 10, 2023, 04:10:15 PM »

some bounce
OldGuy... We got those same 12 drops over on our side of town this afternoon  :-\
I coughed all morning, so rested and watched tennis.
I watered the annuals and finished the sprinkling on the last chunk of yard.
I picked up groceries this afternoon and brought the clean laundry up from the basement.
I don't have the energy to do more.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5869 on: June 10, 2023, 04:55:01 PM »

T40    LOLOL  On the cat bursting through the snow.  " Cat walk" - should have called "Walter Santi"  LOL  Cat compilations were great esp cat and Michael Jackson moves   ;D ;D     Eagles as common as robins  sigh.   Awww  poor little barn owl.   Good ones - thanks as always.  :)

KAREN   I like the small tenderloins in marinade .  Often nice sales on them so stock up on a couple.   Is this a trip Mickey has always wanted to do?  A tour I presume.

LISA   It's taken about 10 years for Tom's son to pay that debt - He's a maxiofacial prosthedontist .  Lots of education.  That's an example of a Wave petunia.  We spoke about them earlier.

LORI   Thanks for posting Karen's finch

TIG  I'd say you did plenty.  Rest up and take care
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #5870 on: June 10, 2023, 05:29:46 PM »

Tsk, re Mickeys trip!  I do not think she has wanted to do this but seems to be enjoying herself!    Mickey went to Haiti with a cousin and medical group a few years ago and I think that was the first time she left the country!  Katherine on the other hand has been to China, I think, several times!  A former student of hers and now close friend  has a mother who lives in Israel and is a tour guide there.  Hence this trip!
I think she  will be doing more traveling in the future!
I have purchased the marinated pork tenderloins in the past but some how I forgot about them!
Love the list of pets at the relatives house and good for him at paying off the school debt!

LisaG1967

« Reply #5871 on: June 10, 2023, 06:05:05 PM »

karen - I had to giggle at your comment about the 90's...its not too bad yet.  Lord, 90 hot to me...  :)

Lori - Good to see you....I hope you are feeling good!

tig - I hope you feel better soon!

tsk - Ahh, so that is the wave petunia! 

Tonight was weigh night for the kitties....Brutus and Piper are a lil over 2 pounds, and the rest are not far behind. 

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5872 on: June 10, 2023, 06:21:50 PM »

KAREN    Is Katherine a friend of Mickey's?  Is Mickey in the medical profession?  I would take that kind of trip with a relative living in Israel!!  The pastor at our church is leading a Holy Land tour for parishioners in Nov. - they had to sign up a year ago   :o     And no I'm not going!  ;) ;)

LISA   After so many days with the windows open we had to turn on the AC about mid afternoon today.  78 in the house and 85 outside  Rain should start about 6 AM
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5873 on: June 10, 2023, 06:32:31 PM »

some bounce

A visitor, just beyond our fence. Just sauntered away after listening to "human-speak"

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5874 on: June 10, 2023, 06:53:32 PM »

We are having what the weather forecasters refer to as 'June gloom'!  High today was 60!  They say we have been around 10 degrees cooler than normal for this time of year in our area.  We are not complaining tho - we are actually very grateful and have much to be thankful for.

Baz - That is a good info link you posted for Karen on the Broadhead Skink!  So wonderful that you got away for a few days and had a good time, even though you had to change your hiking plans!  You mentioned you had the best BTL on your trip - I too, love BLTs - wish I could have had the same as you did!! ;D  Glad you had a chance to go to the Botanical Gardens and enjoyed it so much - I bet there is always lots to learn from visiting there!  I bet Zippo is so happy you are back! ;D

Clynn - Love your 'Caturday' gifs/post  :)   That is the best idea, that you wait for Monday - understandably, you didn't want to leave Honey there all day.  In the meanwhile, maybe she will start feeling a little bit better (fingers crossed) :)  Sad that the SF Ospreys lost their chick.
Just now seeing cute SWFL pic!

Phyl - Cute gif; big issue Bob :)

Tsk - That is the perfect pic of Lulu - you should frame a print; beautiful home and love the outdoor view - love the hummer feeder too!

Kb - Zebra foal so sweet and precious. :-*  Liked the link of sheep & birds!

LisaG - You & Jeff were the best thing that ever could have happened with Misty & her sweet little kittens.  Will the kittens all stay in your care until they get adopted?  I know it is still too soon for that, but just asking.  My heart is already going out to you . . . . .

Phyl - I wasn't able to see the pinterest link of 'when a child gets her first cat' - but I'm sure it was really special!

Lani - So nice of you to attend your friend's mother's memorial - the families always appreciate folks coming to show warmth, caring, and love. :-*

Tsk - Tim's nephew & wife have a very full household!! ;D :)

Karen - Wow! A warm day for you!  I think you have posted a pic of your satsuma tree before - if not, can you post one?   Hope your little finches are doing well!

Lori - Always great to see you!  Like your postings today!

Tig - Good for you in doing all that you did.  Take care  :)

OG - Is tonight a 'card' night?  If so, wishing you all the best!

Puff - How are you doing?  Keeping busy with ATF stuff? :)

This week, hubby & I went to Lowe's and got all the wood for the new storage unit he is building in the back yard - he has finished the foundation, base &  floor.   I finally shampoo'd our carpets (we have a good shampooing machine) - the carpets had pee stains from my little Star's last days.  I know it sounds weird, but I just wasn't ready to shampoo immediately after her passing - so got it done 2 days ago - I am still grieving & miss her so very much. :'(
Been doing other cleaning of under beds, baseboards, shampoo'd dining room chairs as they are white fabric.  We had noticed some Termite damage, so had 'Casner' come and use their exterminating gun.  We fertilized front & backyard lawns (sprayed for weeds a couple of weeks ago).  Anyway, just keeping busy - always something to be done!  Thank goodness for retirement! :) :)

Beakers have a good night - sleep well.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5875 on: June 10, 2023, 07:20:59 PM »

Many thanks for the nests  and pet updates.  Family news  all.

{{{Tsk, Lani, Tig and Clynn}}}

Lori Hi. Tks for posting the finch nest at Karen's. Hope all's well on your end.

E4 E  This opens for me.   Try it again .

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/813884963934969388/

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #5876 on: June 10, 2023, 07:34:16 PM »

Tsk, Katheryn is a friend and Mickey is not medical.  There were multiple jobs there and conditions not good! 
Lovely view outside your window! 
E4e, good report on busy couple! 

Lisa, I think all the cokd water I drink keeps me cool!   Lol

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5877 on: June 10, 2023, 07:54:03 PM »

HAPPY CATURDAY, AND WAVING TO ALL THE BEAKERS!  :D

Karen, the pork tenderloin sounds yummy.  I know what you mean about "forgetting" about it... I sometimes get kind of stuck on certain kinds of entrees for meals, and forget about others I enjoy that I haven't had in a while. Nice to get the fertilizer on the satsuma in time for the skies to water it for you.  ;)  I saw that Audubon's info on House Finches says, "Eggs: 4-5, sometimes 2-6. Pale blue, with black and lavender dots mostly at larger end. Incubation is by female, about 13-14 days. Young: Both parents feed nestlings. Young leave the nest about 12-15 days after hatching. Up to 3 broods per year, perhaps sometimes more."

I enjoyed Audubon's page of House Finch info and photos:
https://www.audubon.org/field-guide/bird/house-finch

Lani, nice that you could attend the service for your friend's mother. I hope you are getting in some nice relaxation time these days. Will the bathroom repair work get done soon - seems like you had mentioned waiting till after Aly moved??

Tig, I must've missed what illness you have - but I know how awful and tiring a bad cough can be. I hope you feel better soon!  Nice pic of the deer - it looked thin to me, but it could just be the angle. I have heard reports that the wasting disease that is in the deer population has spread farther and is affecting a much larger number of animals... which is awful. I hope it isn't in the deer in your area.

Clynn, I loved seeing all the cruise-related pics, and Bella's 1-year birthday photo! LOL, such a cutie!  :-*  Good to hear Honey is no worse, sweet thing. I hope the vet will discover a simple reason, and that Honey will be on the mend to feeling great again soon.  :-* Love the pic of Iris and her new "guard."  ;)  ... and of the squeeing juvie, who came back for a home-provided meal at SWFL!  ;) ;D :-*

TSK, such a pretty and relaxing view onto your yard and flowers! Lulu looks so regal, perched on her "throne," taking in her realm.  ;) :D :-*

E4E, Kris stays very busy with his projects! You stay busy, too!!

Lisa, I bet Bandit, Misty, and the 7 little ones keep you on your toes, and laughing all the while!  :D :-*

Lori, did Destini give you the Evil Eye after you took her for a nail trim and "new do"? If I recall, in the past, she has been embarrassed and indignant after a shave. LOL.  Maybe she has come to appreciate the more positive aspects of a Spa Day.  ;) :D :-* :-*

I don't remember now who asked, but, yes, Zippo missed me while I was gone, and this time she did not give me the cold shoulder when I came in the door... she was happy to see me, and had a LOT to say about it!!!  ;D :-* :-*

« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 03:45:35 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5878 on: June 10, 2023, 08:12:37 PM »

Good Night, Beakers. Peace. SED.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 08:26:51 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #5879 on: June 10, 2023, 08:26:59 PM »

Baz, nice flounder!   Now for some crabmeat stuffing to go in the cleaned fish and a yummy dinner!
Baby Brother has some red, red hair!  Is this from your side of the Family or his daddy’s?  Lgn has a lot more blond curls than the last pic!   Doesn't look like there is water in the pool but a difficult puzzle of sorts that requires a lot of study!  Nite all and seds!