Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1009515 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5850 on: June 10, 2023, 06:57:43 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

BL, I think every place has its woes...

Lani, yes, it sure doesn't seem like Bella should be starting school this year... I am so keeping my fingers crossed for Iris and the new man! Hopefully Louis finally gave up bothering her and trying to steal her fish! Thinking of the lizard's body, I remember many years ago when my first husband and I lived in the country. When we moved there were 4 dried up mice under the fidge...  ::) :o

baz, sounds like you and your friends found great ways to have fun despite the bad air, I think that is great!  You just have to roll with it, complaining wouldn't have helped a bit and you would have just been unhappy! Was Zippo glad to see you?

E4E, Honey is the same, not bad but off. I could have dropped her off at the vet yesterday and they would have gotten to her when they could but she would have been there possibly all day and I didn't want that. So we have an appointment at noon Monday.

SF Bay Ospreys - Rosie brought nesting materials and spent a little time nestorating this morning. There have been at least two instances of copulation today, which has not been seen since shortly after the second egg was laid. And both Rosie and Richmond (in photo) are back to sharing incubation duties (of the non-viable first egg), as well as chasing or being chased by Ravens. (Note: the chick that hatched did not make it, so no chicks this year...) (unless there is a miraculous 2nd clutch).

Hellgate Osprey Cam - Jenny Powell - Nest's newest guard ready for duty! ❤

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5851 on: June 10, 2023, 07:11:02 AM »

Good Morning ...and Happy Caturday !

Currently  56 F mostly cloudy .  We've had an ongoing 'air quality' alert, will  last  until 12N on Sunday . So NWS says.  And a High 89F sunny, Low 61F .

CLynn  just read {{{ Honey}}} is about the same this morning.  And the Vet's on Monday. Tks for update on SFBay ospreys so sad they lost the little chick.  :'(
 Hellgate look's good. .."newest guard" and right at 'attention'

Hi Bazi too bad about the weather there.   But,  you were still able to have a nice time.    :)   Cuddles w/ Zippo  :-*

« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 07:21:27 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5852 on: June 10, 2023, 07:11:56 AM »

Bob, The ‘Big Issue’ selling cat

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5853 on: June 10, 2023, 07:41:20 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

64 heading to 84 with rain moving in - hopefully by 4 AM.

BAZI   You sure did make the best of it with the air quality being so bad.   LOL on the second thought at the thrift shop LOL.  Nice to get away.  Do you have someone come in and visit/feed Zippo while away?

CLYNN   4 dried up mice under the frig  :o    Great shot of Iris's new friend  :)   Sad for Richmond and Rosie  :(
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #5854 on: June 10, 2023, 07:59:29 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1664621805552955392

Synchronized birds and sheep....

and cause Caturday:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1511077337319845891

Heading outside to water.....

BL I have no idea what your comment meant....that's okay though..

LisaG1967

« Reply #5855 on: June 10, 2023, 08:02:56 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....It's Caturday!!!!!!

Morning kb and all  :)

Phyl - Pretty pic from the Lesser Flamingos at Kamfers Dam.

E4E - You have such nice temps.  I would love a 65/70 temp all the time.   Oh, we are keeping and adopting Misty, that was all part of the deal when I signed up to foster to adopt.  And, believe me, AC asks me every time I bring the kitties up there for shots/vaccines, or if I need supplies....are you sure you don't want to keep them all? I did find out that once they are spay/neutered their pics will be on their Facebook page, but if any of my friends wants to put in an application for one ahead of time, they can.  They just have to put on the application Misty's kittens, and put the name or describe which one they are interested in. 

baz - Sounds like you enjoyed your time away, even tho you didn't get to do your hike. 

Lani - Sweet good night pic.  How is Aly??

clynn - Praying all is ok with Honey. Good luck on Monday.  Love the pic of Iris' newest nest guard ready for duty! So sad for R&R!

tsk - Aww, love the pic of Lulu.  Those pink flowers are pretty!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5856 on: June 10, 2023, 08:26:29 AM »

SWFL Eagles - Cassandra Davitto - Good Morning.. I'mmmm backkkk... (In my squee voice @ 6:32am on Saturday)

Lisa, cute KIT-TEA! Honey is sleeping in one of her kitty beds on the deck. She loves to be out there! Harley is so skittish, he is still a bit afraid and on alert when he is out there... Facebook has been a wonderful thing for the pet adoption places, who can resist those sweet little faces!

kb, love the cat trying to catch the salmon! Great murmurations!

tsk, loved your pictures from the Botanical Center yesterday! I bet it smells wonderful!

Phyl, our high today will be 75, likely some rain off/on all day starting around 11:00. We shall see...
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #5857 on: June 10, 2023, 10:04:01 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5858 on: June 10, 2023, 10:21:46 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Hi Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All!

I'm going to a Celebration of Life for my Pine friend's mother this morning.
Have a good day and I'll be back  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5859 on: June 10, 2023, 01:27:49 PM »

KB   Didn't know they had that kind of costume for zebra caregivers.  makes sense tho - Eagle face glove to feed babies.  Birds and sheep "live art"

LISA  a petunia...Tim's nephew and wife have 5 cats, a dog , 4 yr old twin girls and a 17 month old little girl  LOL  They've outgrown the house they are renting and now that student loan is paid off are saving for down payment to build a home on land they bought years ago.

CLYNN  E22 is a real homebody  ;)   The predominant smell at the gardens is mulch!!!  LOL

PHYL  Talking tails - very important  ;) ;)

LANI    "pussy willows"  Had to be photoshopped but funny nevertheless..  Went to a funeral myself this AM  :(
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #5861 on: June 10, 2023, 02:04:13 PM »

High of 90 today!  Just had hh Put some fertilize on my small satsuma Tree.  Got it on just  ahead of a brief down pour!  More expected today or tomorrow!  No watering Required!   Sprinkler system is on however!
 My HOUSE FINCH may have some babies!  Either that or she is cursing the eggs!  Have not seen Daddy Finch with his red head for a few days!
Lani, how is Aly doing?
Tsk, your dinner yesterday has inspired me to purchase a pork tenderloin!  I haven't  had one in ages!  Thanks for the idea!  Fish tonight!
Mickey and her group are at the dead sea today.  They return home on the 15 th. She is really enjoying her trip!  Not for  me!
Baz, nice sounding vacay!  Good you were able to make lemonade out of lemons!  Who was Zippos baby sitter?
Clynn, have you seen Erin?  I imagine the kids were excited to see them!  Ilove e22!  Thanks for posting him!

kbshcb

« Reply #5862 on: June 10, 2023, 02:04:33 PM »

Ryan Hall is saying the smoke IS controlling our weather....2 days ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gQWm5skyfc

LisaG1967

« Reply #5863 on: June 10, 2023, 02:11:43 PM »

karen - Yikes, 90 already?  Awww, house finch babies! 

T40 - Thanks for the videos, as always!  Still have a few to watch.

tsk - The petunia is beautiful.  That is fantastic about Tim's nephew having student loan paid off.  How I wish I had Bradley's student loan paid off. 

((Lani))

Phyl - Cute....Cat tail meanings.

clynn - Glad to hear that Honey is enjoying the new deck.  I bet Harley will come around, and want to be out there too all the time.

karengramke

« Reply #5864 on: June 10, 2023, 02:58:48 PM »

Lisa, been in the 90s for over a week!   Not too bad yet!